CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

11 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

So something I never really see us mention on this website is the fact that there is no way to block or easily report people in chat on PC. I've just seen people go in and type out just about anything and everything in the chat window on MCC and while I don't really get personally offended its pretty ugly. I'm just super surprised that we don't have any options for the chat and its just there on our screens in 2020. It kinda seems like its just waiting for someone to type out wild shit to the other team and they'll kinda just be stuck reading it

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah that is definitely what I was worried about. Eventually its going to happen in front of the wrong person and the whole community/343 will look bad when it blows up into a big deal

• Like (+1) 1

They just need to remove chat until they have a solution or have a report function through their website. Even if its a little tedious I would definitely go through the process of reporting someone like Mint Blitz was dealing with.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nokt said:

They just need to remove chat until they have a solution or have a report function through their website. Even if its a little tedious I would definitely go through the process of reporting someone like Mint Blitz was dealing with.

Apparently you can fill out a support ticket on this website https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us but after looking it over its pretty inconvenient to do if you're still gaming

Is there a thread on how bad hit detection is?   

This is why MCC is the knock off bootleg version of Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Because Halo 3 was such a masterpiece of engineering on the 360...

Rhetorical and not a joke.

343 is Dhgate of games compared to Bungie

Get you some Jordan's. They look nice.

rBVaV13BcZKAddlgAATR_ohAGnA913.jpg

If you have a team of 3 skeletons porting over old games that's kind of what you would expect.
I don't remember a single Halo game with good hit detection to be fair, it might feel amplified because the H3 BR is a lottery gun with its random spread and slow projectiles tho.

H4 hit detection was pretty decent tbh, was definitely the first thing I noticed when I first played it, before I grew to despise that game.

39 minutes ago, Mow said:

H4 hit detection was pretty decent tbh, was definitely the first thing I noticed when I first played it, before I grew to despise that game.

That's mostly just the insane bullet magnetism and low/no spread.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Basu said:

That's mostly just the insane bullet magnetism and low/no spread.

Probably, haven't played that trash game in years.

2 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Because Halo 3 was such a masterpiece of engineering on the 360...

Well, yeah but.  Halo has always had bad netcode, especially H3.  I think MCC just accentuates it even further and makes H3 classic look good in comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Well, yeah but.  Halo has always had bad netcode, especially H3.  I think MCC just accentuates it even further and makes H3 classic look good in comparison.

Which is pretty sad for a 2020 release on PC, but then again it's just ports for the nostalgia cash, many studios do that these days.

Really wonder if Halo Sprintfinite will have good netcode and at least stable 60Hz servers, doubt any big company would so 120Hz even if the Xbox Series X will support 120Hz refreshrate gaming, probably too expensive for them.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fairly certain that quality of gameplay aside, Infinite will be completely mechanically stable. 

While 343i's complete and continued incompetency with regards to MCC's mechanical stability and functioning is somewhere in between "laughingstock" and "tragedy", H4 and H5 were mostly bug free. H5 had some stuff but that got patched out quickly. 

Honestly, it feels like 343i are shit with just legacy game code. The titles that they developed from the ground up are fairly well functioning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Halo 5 was stable. It breaks apart easily now due to the sheer mass of the tumor they called DLC. Also, Forge updates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 at launch functioned and I don't recall there ever been any hit reg issues.  I think most of Halo 3's hit reg issues are to do with the shit BR velocty and the new 60hz tick rate servers.

That video with the modded projectile velocity of the BR showed that increasing projectile speed made the hit reg significantly better, suggesting that its got something to do with the refresh rate of the server and the low projectile speed not working together well. The game just updates the players positioning and bullet positioning more often and slightly more accurately leading to the game seeing more missed shots, even though they appear to hit on the clients side. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

I made a thread about it on Waypoint. My performance in the beta was abysmal due to not being able to properly hit people and forced me to stop playing. Several times I'd lose 1v1s where their shields never popped/killed me sooner than expected, teamshots being irrelevant on enemy players and losing 2v1s/enemy running away, plasma grenades phasing through enemies/grenades not performing well, and etc. 

8 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

Not gonna pretend mccs netcode isn't bad but you're missing a lot of those shots. Not a good example. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sody91 said:

Not gonna pretend mccs netcode isn't bad but you're missing a lot of those shots. Not a good example. 

Every RR shot should have hit given the short-mid range distance. I guarantee those shots would have connected on OG host.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Which is pretty sad for a 2020 release on PC, but then again it's just ports for the nostalgia cash, many studios do that these days.

Really wonder if Halo Sprintfinite will have good netcode and at least stable 60Hz servers, doubt any big company would so 120Hz even if the Xbox Series X will support 120Hz refreshrate gaming, probably too expensive for them.

Riot is busting out 128 on valorant and those servers are so good 

side note: so apparently 343 released a solo Que arena playlist. I hope 343 gives us the option to match solo players only in halo infinite. I hate matching parties since it’s so unbalanced. It doesn’t help that no one uses a mic these days in game chat. I’m one of those guys who still uses one and calls out and eventually my teammate will talk only to tell me to stfu or something like that. Last time a guy did that though I purposely let the other team win. You mean to tell me you have a mic and refused to call out but to tell me to shut up? Oh hell no. 

so far h4,2a,&5 have had the best hit reg. Many here like to say because of the high bullet mag, but that could just be the the headshot hitting you’re speaking of. It doesn’t escape the fact the bullets register 9/10. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Here I'll post the exact same thing I posted in the flight feedback thread

"I believe you guys (343) would be very interested in watching these videos in the order I'm about to link them in assuming you haven't already.First there is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4&feature=emb_title
As you can see shot registration isn't really very close to how Halo 3 worked on 360.Now watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZAWw-9KyE&feature=emb_title
You can see that raising the bullet velocity seems to help shot registration more fully reflect the 360 experience. I really think you guys should consider a test with these changes as I believe they would much improve the experience when using a BR especially in the hardcore playlist. Obviously there will still be blank shots due to networking issues/errors even with this change but it would at least make the experience more closely reflect how the game was originally"

If you watch those videos and have played Halo 3 since release you'll come away with a few things. Halo 3 was never perfect (we all know) however Halo 3 on MCC is A LOT worse than it was on 360. The interesting part from the second video is it looks like raising the bullet velocity really helps to make the game look more like its supposed to look. Bottom line is that something is actually wrong with MCC H3 in particular

• Like (+1) 1