CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Neat

I got a notification for this. You wanna try again?

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Kristo rails modded h3 br by increasing bullet velocity to create better consistency 

This is the change we need. Its simple and should be relatively quick and at least in that test scenario 300 looks the most like 360 to me

It worked wonders in Eldewrito. It's bullet velocity is set at 600. You can 4 shot across Narrows with a slight lead.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, Hard Way said:

I wouldn't be opposed to rotating stuff out. I'm a big advocate for rotational ranked playlists. The playlists just need to feel special, and need to incentivize everyone, not just the sweaties, to care about them. Currently they're failing hard on that, and it shows in the population.

I disagree. I think Halo 3 had it perfect. In Social Slayer, I was pretty much guaranteed competent teammates and competent opponents every game. It was rarely a ranked-caliber challenge, but more often than not my teammates met baseline expectations and would damage what they saw. When I played as a guest on my friend's account who rarely played, it was night and day different in terms of skill we went up against. It was extremely apparent that skill matching existed, but not to the overbearing and suffocating extent that it did in H5, where every game felt like ranked, and not like MCC where it tries to balance the game by giving you a squad of people that can't move and look at the same time.

And when I searched with a party, we hardly ever played against 5 solo's.

H3 hit that sweet spot with social matchmaking, and it should be what they strive for now.

It goes both ways. H3 "hit that sweet spot" because it had a massive population. When there are 350k active players in Social Slayer, even a mediocre matching algorithm can assemble an ideal match. Everyone who's hard on MCC (and H5/Menke) needs to remember that no algorithm can compensate for the fact that these are decade-old, buggy games that have almost no active players. And that's coming from someone who loves them deeply.

The only way to restore some balance to the system is for 343i to make a game that a significant number of people actually want to play past day 10, and this goes way deeper than just having fun playlists. If they don't achieve that, no amount of algorithm-tweaking or playlist-rotating will be able to find that sweet spot again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Trajan said:

The only way to restore some balance to the system is for 343i to make a game that a significant number of people actually want to play

So simple, yet so difficult for them.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

So simple, yet so difficult for them.

Yeah its the one problem that we never talk about because nobody but 343 can fix it so we all sort of resort to complaining about system design and how it relates to various things including ranked gameplay. Its all pointless though if we get a bad game in the end the ranking systems, MM etc are all support systems for what should be a good game on its own and if we keep not nailing that part then nothing else really matters

8 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

It worked wonders in Eldewrito. It's bullet velocity is set at 600. You can 4 shot across Narrows with a slight lead.

I say that be the perfect way to go for h3. Would improve the consistency big time.

hey how do you edit the velocity of the bullets? 

Halo just needs to be simple once again. H5 has lack of content at launch, and it was anything but simple! 

18 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I got a notification for this. You wanna try again?

My bad posted a duplicate link.

I mentioned you since that video looks to confirm my theory that hit reg is somewhat tied to the new tick rate, so the game more accurately can see on the server where player and bullets are, leading to more 'missed' shots compared to Halo 3. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Trajan said:

It goes both ways. H3 "hit that sweet spot" because it had a massive population. When there are 350k active players in Social Slayer, even a mediocre matching algorithm can assemble an ideal match. Everyone who's hard on MCC (and H5/Menke) needs to remember that no algorithm can compensate for the fact that these are decade-old, buggy games that have almost no active players. And that's coming from someone who loves them deeply.

The only way to restore some balance to the system is for 343i to make a game that a significant number of people actually want to play past day 10, and this goes way deeper than just having fun playlists. If they don't achieve that, no amount of algorithm-tweaking or playlist-rotating will be able to find that sweet spot again.

I feel like this is letting H5 off the hook for its social MM back when they were populated, in Year 1. It was just ranked without a graphic next to it.

And I know we’re not gonna have a thriving ranked scene in this game, but we can do SO much better than we are now. Just bc it won’t be perfect doesn’t mean nothing should be done.

• Like (+1) 1

I've honestly been enjoying MCC social as of late. Generally searching all games, 4v4 or FFA, and finding matches pretty fast. I feel like the lobbies have usually been fairly balanced without being too sweaty IMO.

Typically been a blast playing any of the games, and enjoying/disdaining the good and the flawed of each game. Also get to play a lot of gametypes that I never got to play before, such as various objectives.

I still think that the 'choose your player count, games, and gametypes' integration is fantastic. Such an awesome way to mix and match whatever you feel like. Pretty chill.

Although, and this is coming from an H4 kid, I'm beginning to hate Reach lol. I don't recall having such a hard time in that game before, but the combination of the obnoxious first incarnation of Armor Abilities, awful maps with so many weird places to hide and get shot from, topped off with Bloom making it tough to simply react at will, is making me question myself lol. Kinda hard to finish kills in that game. V7 Hardcore is pretty great, but a bit too plain for trying to chill like in Social. IDK anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

A zero-bloom-no-abilities Radar/AR secondary social playlist with a decent map/mode pool would be pretty damn fun. It'd be like a modern spin on the old Team Classic playlist. MCC Matchmaking Sustain Team DM me.

• Like (+1) 5

Construct social TS has to be the most convincing argument against H2+'s style of airbursting nades and radar, both in one. 

Imagine trying to push lobby with your team when there's 3 guys there, all chucking 3 or so nades into open/closed purple. You may as well just fucking nade your teammates and hope that  a semi-competent one gets a sword spawn. 

It doesn't help that the game fucking gives away all your movements via radar/audio cues whenever you try to do anything except jerk off with your team at the bottom of the map. It wasn't bad enough that the enemy can practically see me through walls, they should obviously be able to hear me moving across the map too. Y'know, not easy enough for them. How do I contest them? Either through some miracle I secure snipe/sword from the bottom of the map, or I use the fucking power drain in front of bottom gold. 

What a joke. Bungie's map design is only slightly better than their sandbox design. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

A zero-bloom-no-abilities Radar/AR secondary social playlist with a decent map/mode pool would be pretty damn fun. It'd be like a modern spin on the old Team Classic playlist. MCC Matchmaking Sustain Team DM me.

Agreed. Even H4 has Legendary gametypes with just BR/AR. Would love the equivalent for Reach. The DMR is hella fun when it isn't Blooming your shots off target.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

It has been 15 years and I still don't understand Gemini.

Get outside, don't leave outside unless you're going back to get the sniper or OS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Get outside, don't leave outside unless you're going back to get the sniper or OS.

What about for FFA? I seem to get this map a lot there.

11 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

The side teleports criss-cross.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

12 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

LMAO does anyone? Really? 

I saw a post on rhalo in like 2018 and it went "Hey guys, just got Halo 5. Quick question; is the boltshot really good or really bad? I can't tell."

And I laughed at that for like 5 minutes. 

• Simms (+1) 4

hey guys im new to this forum and halo i just want to know are there headshots in halo like in other games thanks for replies guys

Thinking on the discussion about enjoying Halo a while ago, my brother recently got a competent gaming computer, so we decided to run through the CE campaign. There, I do like something about Halo still.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

On 6/24/2020 at 8:54 PM, Trajan said:

The only way to restore some balance to the system is for 343i to make a game that a significant number of people actually want to play 

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I don't either, this is what I roughly make of it. 

Opening strats are to push through the gates at the beginning, secure camo, take OS and go outside while 1-2 guys go the other way and secure sword. 

After that, have sword guy go outside and guard the teleporter, position the sniper guy by the entrances from outside to inside, have one guy go to the ledges by the top and abuse the hell out of the Brute Shot/PP, and one guy who can basically scout for spawns from wherever.

If you empty snipe then you can basically hold onto it the whole game if you really don't want the enemy team getting control of it. 

So something I never really see us mention on this website is the fact that there is no way to block or easily report people in chat on PC. I've just seen people go in and type out just about anything and everything in the chat window on MCC and while I don't really get personally offended its pretty ugly. I'm just super surprised that we don't have any options for the chat and its just there on our screens in 2020. It kinda seems like its just waiting for someone to type out wild shit to the other team and they'll kinda just be stuck reading it