CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

21 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

I'll never understand why 343 doesnt rotate out dead playlists for ones the community has been requesting for years.  I'm only a 16 in CE 2s because I have not found a single match since the month it was released on PC.  Literally the only playlist on MCC where not one person has a 50...

Agreed. They need to make ranked a 4's playlist for CE. Then as a solo I'd be open to playing ranked and too often in social 4's I get matched up against a party of 4 who clearly are calling shit out while I have 2 teammates who aren't sure if the pistol is better than the ar or not. If that happened in a ranked playlist I would expect it but currently social 4's is all over the place and when I run into a party of 4 I'm going to continuously get matched up with them because the population is too low.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously hope 343 grows a pair and does something to improve the hit registration of h3  upon release. IncreSs the shot speed, remove the spread, update server tick rates etc. do something to create better consistency. 

Or they could, you know, fix the networking code like they should've already done

Non-MLG Construct is such an aggressively shit map for just about every gamemode. It's obnoxiously top-heavy, the bottom of the map is irrelevant outside of spawning opponents there, closed/open purple are 24/7 nade-spam shitfests, and the sword + radar makes it damn near impossible to push to top unless you have a guy calling out where the sword is at all times. 

Reminder that if gravlifts return in any shape or form then they should be like those on Midship, where you aren't restricted to one predictable path. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, CYRiX said:

currently social 4's is all over the place

That's the point.

You're going out in the wild when you play social, which is suppose to be a playlist you load up when you want to relax a little. The win shouldn't be the incentive, which means haphazard teams shouldn't be a problem. But it is a problem, because you can't turn off your competitive side as easy as flipping a switch. In this same forum people were complaining about the hidden skill tracer in Halo 5's social, where they were getting games that were too sweaty.

Your foot can't be in two boats. Make your choice.

• Like (+1) 2

If MCC had launched perfectly in 2014, as in no major bugs, all the games played fairly identical to their originals, etc., do you think we would be coming to the same conclusion? I mean yeah I do think a lot of people think back to H3 with nostalgia and once they get back into it they might get bored again, but if MCC was near perfect in 2014, with or without an eventual PC port, would MCC still be viable to play today? Or would most of the community after a year go ehh yeah these games suck and weren't really that good, screw Halo.

Aside from that, H3 was far more about social gameplay and community interaction than it was competitive for me. I did grind a lot of ranked playlists but the Forge and Theater and grouping up with new people was far more memorable and fun for me than the competitive side. But console games are in such a different state that most of what made Halo 3 so great isn't that special anymore.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:13 AM, Killmachine said:

Reminiscent is one of the worst halo maps ive ever played lol that is straight trash

Yeah, that map looks like a "My First Forge" playset. It looks and plays like Lockout's inbred little brother.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:27 AM, ChieftaiNZ said:

I'm starting to think most of us just actually don't like Halo but can't accept it and move on.

StockholmSydnrome.net

I think think that having all of the games side by side like this has shown us that none of the games are perfect. Many of them come really close, but they all lack something that another does much better. I can't speak for everyone, but I hang around because, 1) Even imperfect, broken Halo is better than any other shooter on Xbox right now, and 2) I still hold out hope that we'll eventually get a game with the best parts of each title.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, Squatting Bear said:

I'll never understand why 343 doesnt rotate out dead playlists for ones the community has been requesting for years.  I'm only a 16 in CE 2s because I have not found a single match since the month it was released on PC.  Literally the only playlist on MCC where not one person has a 50...

I wouldn't be opposed to rotating stuff out. I'm a big advocate for rotational ranked playlists. The playlists just need to feel special, and need to incentivize everyone, not just the sweaties, to care about them. Currently they're failing hard on that, and it shows in the population.

45 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

That's the point.

You're going out in the wild when you play social, which is suppose to be a playlist you load up when you want to relax a little. The win shouldn't be the incentive, which means haphazard teams shouldn't be a problem. But it is a problem, because you can't turn off your competitive side as easy as flipping a switch. In this same forum people were complaining about the hidden skill tracer in Halo 5's social, where they were getting games that were too sweaty.

Your foot can't be in two boats. Make your choice.

I disagree. I think Halo 3 had it perfect. In Social Slayer, I was pretty much guaranteed competent teammates and competent opponents every game. It was rarely a ranked-caliber challenge, but more often than not my teammates met baseline expectations and would damage what they saw. When I played as a guest on my friend's account who rarely played, it was night and day different in terms of skill we went up against. It was extremely apparent that skill matching existed, but not to the overbearing and suffocating extent that it did in H5, where every game felt like ranked, and not like MCC where it tries to balance the game by giving you a squad of people that can't move and look at the same time.

And when I searched with a party, we hardly ever played against 5 solo's.

H3 hit that sweet spot with social matchmaking, and it should be what they strive for now.

• Like (+1) 4

Man, I'll never shit talk 343i again if they just make the ranked and social settings the same for Infinite

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Man, I'll never shit talk 343i again if they just make the ranked and social settings the same for Infinite

You realize you'll just get the shitty settings in two playlists right?

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/20/2020 at 6:27 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:

I'm starting to think most of us just actually don't like Halo but can't accept it and move on.

StockholmSydnrome.net

The less I visit this forum the more fun I have in MCC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Facts. If I just play I enjoy each and every Halo for what it is. 

I will always prefer H1 over 2, 2 over 3, 3 over the rest, etc. BUT I find enjoyment from them all. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Is the game more fun, or do your expectations simply drop?

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Perhaps it's both, but more likely the second. I think it's more that when I visit here I like the nitpicking and the often heated discussion as to what is best for Halo, what is the best from each game, how we would change it.

But when I'm playing, I can't do anything about those. So if I've come off reading a few pages here I see all the cracks in the game. All the little (and big) nuances that are so frustrating, they seem to compound and then I come here and see everyone talking about it and think "YEAH HALO 3 STRAFE IS GARBAGE!!!"

Yet if I just play with some casual/tourist friends for a few hours in BTB and haven't read the forum for a few days, the cracks aren't so noticeable. What I notice instead is how damn fine a social experience the Halo trilogy is. I love it so much. 

It has it's issues but I love 90% of Halo 1, 2 and 3 and focusing on the 10% I don't like doesn't help me enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I can't speak for him, but for me it would probably be a combination of both. Not going to lie, I have gotten a bit sick of everyone being so critical of everything in the world these days. So it is refreshing to just look for the fun in things if possible. That doesn't excuse the notoriously pour handling of MCC, but it is still nice to access even the older games without digging out an old console.

But also, like @Hard Way said, Halo is still better than any other shooter available, at least on console. Especially to scratch the itch of a certain kind of gameplay. The only other games that have loosely fulfilled that itch for me are Titanfall 1's Titan vs Titan battles, Destiny, in spite of the inherent lack of manageable balance, and Doom 2016.

And also, if I really want real Halo at this point, I can always have the opportunity to attend one of Hard Way's CE LANs.

• Like (+1) 4

Shekkles and SMARTAN i actually completely agree, i have been having fun with halo for the first time in years playin with my friend and just playing games i like

it helps h3 works well too. And my standards haven’t lowered either; im just more realistic about stuff. And im hopeful for infinite but i have hard limits and if it has certain things i’m just not gonna purchase and put it out of my mind rather than post about it. Posting requires investment

Its important to be able to separate yourself from the general negativity online. All of us can pick apart the game and point out things we would like to have changed or give solid objective reasons for why certain things are bad but playing video games is ultimately about feeling and things do not have to be objectively perfect to be fun or enjoyable. I've been playing MCC since release and once I realized that my actual feelings towards some games like Halo 5 were negative and returned to games like Halo 3 the experience was much better for me. It isn't because Halo 3 is objectively better or that Halo 5 is so awful due to its flaws. It really has nothing to do with that. I just enjoy the actual feel of the pace when it comes to classic Halo titles more outside of any objective reasoning. So I quit playing H5 and I was instantly happier. 

I guess that's just a long way of saying play games that you enjoy. Forums or random people will try and tell you what to enjoy but ultimately it just doesn't work that way. You can enjoy something and acknowledge all of its flaws at the same time. The problem occurs when people look past what they enjoy and focus on something negative and ruin the experience for themselves more than the flaws ever did

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

You realize you'll just get the shitty settings in two playlists right?

Preferable to having shitty settings in one and shittier settings in the other

16 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Lmao we got that in h5 and hated it big time. most of us competitive players hate radar because it removes the possibility for proper flanking. This is why I believe the advanced movement radar should just be the default radar. Where we only appear when we do certain actions or shoot our gun. Even if h6 was a classic halo I still would want that radar as that radar would still work. Heck’s cods had that radar for years and it works as a mini map anyway, so even better if we could get that as well. This would one make flanking great again, no more crouch campers etc. would also give a reason to put silenced weapons on the map as in h5 you wouldn’t appear on radar shooting these. A unique niche if you ask me. 

Anyone know a file share that has the H2C game type for Midship Assault saved? "Official HCS" has the rest of the H2C gametypes and even has a 3 Flag for BC, but it's missing assault.

EDIT: "Hurricane OuO" has it. Between that, "Official HCS" and "MLG Gametypes" all the competitive gametypes and maps, sans H4, are easily accessible.

I checked my email and found out I had a beta code.

Fired up H3 all excited to play only to find out that Team Slayer is the only ranked playlist.

I forgot how much I hated Radar in games.  Other than that, I did terrible and enjoyed myself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I forgot how much I hated Radar in games.  Other than that, I did terrible and enjoyed myself.

Hahaha oh man. Yeah that sounds like Halo 3.

I can't wait to play ODST and its firefight on PC. 

Kristo rails modded h3 br by increasing bullet velocity to create better consistency 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2