CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1-50 sucks. I hate the ranking it’s a horrible way to define the skill gap of others. Placement matches do a much better job most of the time from my experience. 

• Salt (-1) 1

7 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

They can figure out how to add cosmetics to a 19 year old game but can't fix Halo 3's hit reg.

Priorities amirite.

Forget about H3, they can't even restore the magnetism on the magnum or get rid of anti aim in CE. Not even gonna talk about the plasma rifle

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Forget about H3, they can't even restore the magnetism on the magnum or get rid of anti aim in CE. Not even gonna talk about the plasma rifle

Considering h3 is the most loved and requested halo yeah no, forget CE, is what I say. Game is ass outside of doubles 

• Downvote (-1) 9

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Considering h3 is the most loved and requested halo yeah no, forget CE, is what I say. Game is ass outside of doubles 

I was talking about their inability to fix anything major not saying that they should leave H3 fucked

Honestly H3 might be the most requested/loved but then you play it again and go "ehhhhhhh why did the H4 BR feel better than this crap?"

Everyone I play with has been very disappointed so far. One friend CONSTANTLY would bitch about "I can't wait till Halo 3 comes out, I'm gunna game hard then" since MCC dropped on PC and he's already getting bored of it and it's a beta. I think a lot of us who's first competitive Halo was H3 have some rose colored glasses when looking back on it.

I am sorry to all the people who I argued with in 2009 on the old MLG forums, you were right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Jmacz said:

I am sorry to all the people who I argued with in 2009 on the old MLG forums, you were right.

Respect.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Jmacz said:

Honestly H3 might be the most requested/loved but then you play it again and go "ehhhhhhh why did the H4 BR feel better than this crap?"

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

I'm starting to think most of us just actually don't like Halo but can't accept it and move on.

StockholmSydnrome.net

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

Halo does deliver a lot of fun at it's core if you pick aside all the dumb bullshit that devs add on, such as equipment and swords. 

Playing a game of any Halo after CE can only make you feel two ways: "Wow, that was fun" or "Holy shit that was fucking horrible. I hope the people who designed this get kidnapped"

• Upvote (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Halo does deliver a lot of fun at it's core if you pick aside all the dumb bullshit that devs add on, such as equipment and swords. 

Playing a game of any Halo after CE can only make you feel two ways: "Wow, that was fun" or "Holy shit that was fucking horrible. I hope the people who designed this get kidnapped"

Hate to say it (not really), but CE falls into this line of thinking too.

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

Hate to say it (not really), but CE falls into this line of thinking too.

I mean outside of nades, there isn't too much BS in CE

Getting spawnfucked in CE 4v4 or BTB and jump delay/the CE movement in general are about the least fun mechanics in the OG trilogy. Halo could be great if you combined the best aspects of each game (which is really what we tried to do in the GP mod) but as it stands each game just has massive issues that make playing them for a while a chore. Not need to list them again here. Yes CE is the least offensive of all of them, but we need to stop pretending it's perfect because it's certainly not.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

there isn't too much BS in CE

No.

The only true way you can enjoy the game is through a doubles match, because the other options require you to accept the ridiculousness of the map pool, the spawning, and the janky objective rules. Hard Way did his absolute best to incorporate good settings for the maps in the 4v4 selection, but it doesn't change the issue that there is exactly three decent maps in that line up; Rat Race, Beaver Creek, Damnation. Big Team in CE is unacceptable, and can be enjoyed solely by turning your brain off and not worrying about what happens.

There is no perfect Halo game. There never will be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

CE can be the least-fun Halo when you're getting utterly curbstomped by people who are out of your league (although I mean default Halo 2, right?).

Thing is, though, you were never supposed to be playing those people in the first place.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Jmacz said:

Everyone I play with has been very disappointed so far. One friend CONSTANTLY would bitch about "I can't wait till Halo 3 comes out, I'm gunna game hard then" since MCC dropped on PC and he's already getting bored of it and it's a beta. I think a lot of us who's first competitive Halo was H3 have some rose colored glasses when looking back on it.

Maybe he’s bored because the hit reg is complete ASS! That’s the only thing needing fixed as far as I’m concerned. I need hit reg on eldewrito levels 

At least when I get my ass whooped in CE it is quick and painless, the game is usually over in like 5m. And it is very clear the other team is far more skilled than I. Halo 3 in comparison is like slowly ripping off a band-aid, all the while wondering why your losing by 20 when the other team doesn't feel like they are that much better than you.

And no he is bored because the game isn't as good as we remember, and he doesn't care as much anymore because we're all almost 30.

Edit: Also I am convinced the Halo Reddit is just 1,000 accounts run by 343 or Microsoft employees at this point, it used to piss me off but now I just think it's funny.

• Like (+1) 2

I'll never understand why 343 doesnt rotate out dead playlists for ones the community has been requesting for years.  I'm only a 16 in CE 2s because I have not found a single match since the month it was released on PC.  Literally the only playlist on MCC where not one person has a 50...

I’m pretty impressed with the h3 port, QOL changes like centered reticle and a forge overhaul are awesome things i didn’t expect, plus the port runs well and I have yet to encounter gamebreaking bugs

I didn't play a lot of Halo 3 in hits hayday. I played more Reach/H4/MCC/5. Before all of that I played a lot of H2 and CE with friends splitscreen. Halo 3 is to this day the Halo game I enjoy the absolute least competitively, and barely more than default Reach. There's next to nothing to get me on Halo now a days because everything is so broken still, but even a perfect H3 doesn't interest me. 

Am I the only one who can't stand how big the reticle  is when you have your FOV high? I finally had enough last night and lowered my FOV to 75 and aiming does feel better now. But I'd rather not lose out on my FOV, is it that hard to have it scale with the FOV slider?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jmacz said:

Am I the only one who can't stand how big the reticle  is when you have your FOV high? I finally had enough last night and lowered my FOV to 75 and aiming does feel better now. But I'd rather not lose out on my FOV, is it that hard to have it scale with the FOV slider?

Dude grenades aren’t even scaled