Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

This isn't CE anymore where you can assemble the whole community into a living room. There's 0 chance for official gameplay modifications to the extent of no-spread. I guarentee more people comp and casual alike would prefer the game to stay as true to the original as possible. We need to keep hounding 343 to fix the shot reg until they finally acknowledge the blatant differences.

Share this post


Link to post

Here’s a thought. 343 announces they’ve uncovered the source of hit registration errors and are “working hard” to progressively eliminate all issues. Instead, they just decrease the spread angles of the BR by 50% each time over a few patches until the “registration” issues are magically reduced. Everyone praises 343 like they’re gods for making the game play better than ever.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The only way the spread will get changed is if either the pros complain about it enough (not going happen) or if the people on /r/halo complain about it because that’s the only other community that 343 actually listens too (never going to happen).

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/14/2020 at 8:16 AM, Reamis25 said:

Ce sucks because of the garbage movement and spawns. The spawn system is good from a doubles perspective since you can control that but in 4s or higher not a chance. Only redeeming quality bit is it’s sandbox. H3 is 90% perfect. If it’s sandbox could get redone spread and bullet travel on the precision improved upon, maybe give a scope to the pistol and make it 4sk. H3 is one of these games that’s been fucked by this. I can’t even kill a guy who’s good on East host. Was up against fucking tapping buttons and my shots legit never register on him, it’s beyond unfair. When I play a game and my bullets don’t register I just get off. Knowing 343 they won’t do ANYTHING to improve the bullshit! 

What about CE's movement is garbage? I mean jumping takes a bit of getting used to, and you fall off stuff when your not used to it. But I wouldn't say it's bad. The spawns are okay at best, but really no Halo game has ever had a very good spawn system lets be honest here. At least in CE I spawn next to my teammates (even if I end up dying before I can even move sometimes). I've found if you are as good or better than the people spawn killing you eventually you'll get out of it and spawn kill them.

I'll take that over Halo 3's awful spawns, or Reach's "good luck spawn killing even in Octagon" spawns. I can't say H3 is "90% perfect",  either. I'd say closer to 75-80%. The BR is so annoying to use, it feels like your shooting crumpled up pieces of paper.  The hit reg is garbage, it even was on fucking LAN. The movement is slow and sluggish, the spawns are terrible, and the sandbox of weapons is pretty lackluster. And I like Halo 3, the BR is just awful. I now understand why everyone had a boner for the CE Pistol back in the day.

20 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I guess I meant that h3 is no sprint no abilities, it’s movement feel nice, it’s got beautiful graphics(let’s be honest [email protected] haven’t aged well) and there’s no gimmicky bullshit. All it needs is some hit reg improvements. Heck’s no spread on the precision weapons would do wonders 

Also disagree, Halo CE is aged very well imo. Not as good as Halo 3, but for a 20 year old game it looks amazing.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"H3 is 90% perfect and CE spawns are trash"

Amplified: *exists*

Forge map doesn’t count.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

What about CE's movement is garbage? I mean jumping takes a bit of getting used to, and you fall off stuff when your not used to it. But I wouldn't say it's bad. The spawns are okay at best, but really no Halo game has ever had a very good spawn system lets be honest here. At least in CE I spawn next to my teammates (even if I end up dying before I can even move sometimes). I've found if you are as good or better than the people spawn killing you eventually you'll get out of it and spawn kill them.

I'll take that over Halo 3's awful spawns, or Reach's "good luck spawn killing even in Octagon" spawns. I can't say H3 is "90% perfect",  either. I'd say closer to 75-80%. The BR is so annoying to use, it feels like your shooting crumpled up pieces of paper.  The hit reg is garbage, it even was on fucking LAN. The movement is slow and sluggish, the spawns are terrible, and the sandbox of weapons is pretty lackluster. And I like Halo 3, the BR is just awful. I now understand why everyone had a boner for the CE Pistol back in the day.

Also disagree, Halo CE is aged very well imo. Not as good as Halo 3, but for a 20 year old game it looks amazing.

You be smoking some good shit huh

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Forge map doesn’t count.

Map that was played for two years on the MLG circuit counts.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

Map that was played for two years on the MLG circuit counts.

Could have just said Narrows.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You be smoking some good shit huh

Yupp it's this new strand called aGameThatMakesSense, it's a Hybrid. Perfectly balanced.

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I guess I meant that h3 is no sprint no abilities, it’s movement feel nice, it’s got beautiful graphics(let’s be honest [email protected] haven’t aged well) and there’s no gimmicky bullshit. All it needs is some hit reg improvements. Heck’s no spread on the precision weapons would do wonders 

Most of the equipment feels pretty fuckin gimmicky when you die to it or it prevents a kill. Let's be real here. But aside from that, I agree. But this is also coming from somebody that is so starved for just a decent Halo that I find myself accepting H2A.

I think the CE and H2/3/v7 styles of Halo both have merit, and I could enjoy either one. I just don't see why we can't take proven core principles and apply them going forward:

1. A strong sandbox headlined by a utility that allows good players to distinguish themselves.
2. A static item spawn system that is fast enough that it makes camping completely unviable. Pro tip: If the utility weapon is strong, you can get away with faster timers.
3. Let *frag* grenades and physics significantly influence items again.
4. A spawn system that allows players to significantly influence their own spawns.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of Amplified, why the heck are TWO forged two base-two tower maps in the game's tourney lineup after Midship was put into the game?  Makes no damn sense.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Most of the equipment feels pretty fuckin gimmicky when you die to it or it prevents a kill.

Instead of dedicated equipment, some battery operated weapons could use the reload button to activate a unique ability.  

 

Plasma Repeater - Entourage (two holographic body doubles on each side of the user mimic his actions) 

Sentinel Beam - Tele Link (instantly transports the user to the map’s exit node) 

Sand Blaster - Sandman (transforms the user into a subterranean vehicle) 

Energy Sword - Thermal Scan (reveals recent enemy footprints) 

Gravity Hammer - Attraction (pulls nearby objectives to the user) 

Tractor Beam - Rotation (rotates an object that is being held)

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Released said:

Speaking of Amplified, why the heck are TWO forged two base-two tower maps in the game's tourney lineup after Midship was put into the game?  Makes no damn sense.

Two base/two tower maps are the only types of maps that work with the h3 BR's kill time and range. 

Always hated that H3's BR limited MLG to symmetric maps only. Couldnt even get chill out (cold storage) to work! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Hard Way we definitely need something like your suggestion or gold pro. I think the golf pro was one of the best versions of halo I’ve ever played although I would prefer grenades not to detonate just because they stopped simply tbh that’s unrealistic AF and from a gameplay perspective I don’t like it because I’m so used to how it is in other halo games. I guess I just need to adapt. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I think the golf pro was one of the best versions

I prefer Golden Tee.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

I prefer Golden Tee.  

It may be a bit better but it’s still close 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Released said:

Speaking of Amplified, why the heck are TWO forged two base-two tower maps in the game's tourney lineup after Midship was put into the game?  Makes no damn sense.

Because Halo pro's like something they already know how to play. Even if it is simple and braindead. 

 

Neg me nerds midship, while it can be exciting, is boring to watch because of how repetitive it is. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Has 343 acknowledged the hit registration issues Halo 3 has yet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zdann said:

Has 343 acknowledged the hit registration issues Halo 3 has yet?

 

The thing about this that I actually can't/don't understand is that those shots that don't count while the guy is jumping actually do count, seemingly at random, for like whole games straight. This is where the random server that feels like I'm playing on LAN comes from when I, or others, make the complaint that sometimes bullets are legitimately perfect vs what you see in the video where the connection is fine and it'll even say its the same server as last game and then THAT happens for the entire game for seemingly no rhyme or reason. You're pretty much just pissed since nothing you do works very well for no apparent reason after that begins

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

The thing about this that I actually can't/don't understand is that those shots that don't count while the guy is jumping actually do count, seemingly at random, for like whole games straight. This is where the random server that feels like I'm playing on LAN comes from when I, or others, make the complaint that sometimes bullets are legitimately perfect vs what you see in the video where the connection is fine and it'll even say its the same server as last game and then THAT happens for the entire game for seemingly no rhyme or reason. You're pretty much just pissed since nothing you do works very well for no apparent reason after that begins

It's completely counter intuitive to jump, making your path completely predictable but when it makes you eat shots everybody does it. Multiple times yesterday multiple people were shooting me as I sailed through the air and my screen flashed red far longer than it should have. It's frustrating to play against, but it 100% works in ones favor, too. Apparently proper hit registration is too much to ask for. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

It’s weird as I play eastern servers on average which isn’t that good, but there’s times where the hit reg on em will be so consistent. Even on my own west servers it’s not that ridiculous where I’m hitting blanks 24/7. But on one west server hot damn I could actually kill people at medium range 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.