CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 hours ago, Sitri said:

The Brute Shot's downfall is the lack of kill boundaries or invisible walls to prevent its abuse.

I don't mean map variants that you could make in Forge, I mean modifying the actual game files. The only thing doable in MCC that wasn't already in the original game is making Sandbox maps that don't have bumps everywhere.

Ahh gotcha, I misunderstood you.

4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

H3 sweaties love it apparently.

H3 sweaties don't have discerning taste. They play what they were given and never questioned it.  Proof: Naded and Trippey playing H3 MM sweatlords in a bo11 custom series using MM doubles settings, and they actually played 3sec respawn AR starts KotH with a straight face.

2 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Hey so if its possible that upping projectile speed would result in better hitreg, is it possible then that the hit reg issues in MCC H3 aren't netcode related, but at some stage during the porting process, something got tweaked that shouldn't have and the projectile speeds got lowered even more?

I've been saying for years that it feels like H3's BR bullets travel slower when you zoom in. I never used to have to shoot like I'm playing CE from street to street on Construct on OG, but I do on MCC. You have to aim entirely off-body to get some bullets to count at pretty common ranges.

I'm remembering why I disliked Halo 3 so much back in the day. It's all BR shots that spread widely, slow to travel, some flat out don't register, and nothing but teamshot. You cannot out play two people at once, even if you get the drop on both of them.

It's the pinnacle of teamshot Halo.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

I'm remembering why I disliked Halo 3 so much back in the day. It's all BR shots that spread widely, slow to travel, some flat out don't register, and nothing but teamshot. You cannot out play two people at once, even if you get the drop on both of them.

It's the pinnacle of teamshot Halo.

Yeah me and my friend have been running pretty much only CE since it dropped. After starting 0-8 today in Hardcore we took a break and came back and were like "we gotta run together more" and then we went 8-2. It's not terrible but the BR is really frustrating to use, I said or heard "how the fuck is he not dead?" more times tonight than I have since MCC dropped.

I wish more people actually played CE, I have more fun with that game than any of the others by a decent margin and I didn't even start playing seriously till the end of H3. It just plays so much better, everything makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I just could never get into Halo 3 seriously. I can't tell if I'm missing my shots due to leading improperly, spread, or bullets just not registering.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jmacz said:

wish more people actually played CE, I have more fun with that game than any of the others by a decent margin and I didn't even start playing seriously till the end of H3. It just plays so much better, everything makes sense.

Ce sucks because of the garbage movement and spawns. The spawn system is good from a doubles perspective since you can control that but in 4s or higher not a chance. Only redeeming quality bit is it’s sandbox. H3 is 90% perfect. If it’s sandbox could get redone spread and bullet travel on the precision improved upon, maybe give a scope to the pistol and make it 4sk. H3 is one of these games that’s been fucked by this. I can’t even kill a guy who’s good on East host. Was up against fucking tapping buttons and my shots legit never register on him, it’s beyond unfair. When I play a game and my bullets don’t register I just get off. Knowing 343 they won’t do ANYTHING to improve the bullshit! 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

H3 is 90% perfect.

Nope lol

On an unrelated matter, I was watching Tommy Kost's Default TS tournament finals stream yesterday, and I was taken back how fun it was to watch. Obviously, playing it must have been like shit, but it was at least fun to see stupid shit in a competitive setting, even stuff like ghosts being driven into L1 on High Ground. 

It just further proves that Halo needs to maintain some variety in it's sandbox to be interesting. People are tired of the 3-4 gun game that Halo has been for the last 16 years. If a wider CE styled sandbox, equipment, and a larger pool of vehicles could be implemented properly, I'd be for it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone tell me how much time you save yying when you nade in H3 before you can shoot again as opposed to just throwing the nade please.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:53 AM, _Synapse said:

I think there's a possibility that they'll add no spread to the BR in a hardcore playlist, like they did with the magnum in CE. 

This would be awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

They aren’t going to add a no spread playlist to H3 the only reason they added it to H1 was because the spread was broken on it. In H3 “it’s working as intended” so the chances of them removing it are close to zero as they don’t like to change the original game.

• Like (+1) 4

Does H3 not have garbage movement and terrible spawns? Funny, I seem to remember a sluggish game with enough inertia on direction changes to render strafes meaningless. MLG had to change the base movement speed of the game as a bandaid fix for how fucking slow it is. The spawn system's weighting gives dying players unearned flanks on the team in control and again had to be bandaged over in MLG settings with sided, CTF-style spawns even in Team Slayer. The spawn meta on most of the maps is boring and generally outside of player control, offering few interesting choices for making/breaking traps. 90% perfect ...

I never played Halo 3 on the 360 and never got to play it on local servers on MCC. This flight makes me realise why people like that game, as I've actually been able to play it on ping that isn't dog shit.

20 hours ago, Boyo said:

Weapons without scopes have an alt-fire (RT fires, LT scopes or alt-fires).  What would this scopeless CE magnum’s alt-fire be?  

I guess you could always just slap a 1.5x scope on there like the H5 magnum has, I don't really see what else you could add to a magnum.

9 hours ago, _Synapse said:

t just further proves that Halo needs to maintain some variety in it's sandbox to be interesting. People are tired of the 3-4 gun game that Halo has been for the last 16 years. If a wider CE styled sandbox, equipment, and a larger pool of vehicles could be implemented properly, I'd be for it. 

This isn't even a difficult concept, we've all thought of interesting ways to expand the sandbox and/or base abilities in ways that make perfect sense. We just have a bunch of goofballs in charge.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

10 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Nope lol

On an unrelated matter, I was watching Tommy Kost's Default TS tournament finals stream yesterday, and I was taken back how fun it was to watch. Obviously, playing it must have been like shit, but it was at least fun to see stupid shit in a competitive setting, even stuff like ghosts being driven into L1 on High Ground. 

It just further proves that Halo needs to maintain some variety in it's sandbox to be interesting. People are tired of the 3-4 gun game that Halo has been for the last 16 years. If a wider CE styled sandbox, equipment, and a larger pool of vehicles could be implemented properly, I'd be for it. 

I guess I meant that h3 is no sprint no abilities, it’s movement feel nice, it’s got beautiful graphics(let’s be honest [email protected] haven’t aged well) and there’s no gimmicky bullshit. All it needs is some hit reg improvements. Heck’s no spread on the precision weapons would do wonders 

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This isn't even a difficult concept, we've all thought of interesting ways to expand the sandbox and/or base abilities in ways that make perfect sense. We just have a bunch of goofballs in charge.

For all the (at the time) creatively innovative and industry-revolutionizing features that Bungie put into their games (Forge, Theater, modern XBL utility, etc), you'd think that they'd design their sandbox a hell of a lot better than what we received. 

Unfortunately, that's what you get when you have devs in charge who don't really understand how people play their game. 

@Reamis25 Yeah H3 has a solid "weight" to it, in that the game feels really tactile and good to play. Still, TTK, sandbox, physics, maps, and other mechanics are just aped versions of Halo 2 and far from the distilled competitive experience that most people on here want.

Though I'll argue that H2 has an even better ultra lightweight Quake 3-style feel to me, thanks to the strafe acceleration and jump height. 

H3’s is a dumpster fire. The skill floor and skill ceiling being so close just makes everyone feel like their good and having a good time. So its good in that regard. The metagame is so one dimensional. 

7 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

They aren’t going to add a no spread playlist to H3 the only reason they added it to H1 was because the spread was broken on it. In H3 “it’s working as intended” so the chances of them removing it are close to zero as they don’t like to change the original game.

They should at least add the option  in the settings though. Can't imagine it would be very difficult to do. I'd love to see how it would play. If nothing else there should be mods though. 

7 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

No. Ce was getting no spread before the bug was even known. 

but i still concur that h3 is not getting it unless the h3 community pushes for it. But theyre still playing koth 3s spawn ar starts so i dont have any faith. Oh and most h3 kids dont even know what spread means. 

• Fire (+1) 1

I would prefer a tighter, consistent spread (no randomness) than no spread don't @ me

19 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I would prefer a tighter, consistent spread (no randomness) than no spread don't @ me

But what do you mean by that 

37 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

But what do you mean by that 

So the BR has spread, but the spread is the exact same pattern each time. For example it could be a V pattern. This isn't perfect for a competitive title but Halo 3 is not a competitive title so it would be perfect for Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 1

Remove spread and speed up projies and you refine the experience without fundamentally changing the feeling. And on top of that you still have things unique to halo 3 like the equipment, heavy weapons and new vehicles to spice up. 343 really has nothing to lose by doing it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

So the BR has spread, but the spread is the exact same pattern each time. For example it could be a V pattern. This isn't perfect for a competitive title but Halo 3 is not a competitive title so it would be perfect for Halo 3.

I think you’ve played too much CS my man. That works in a tactical shooter not an arena game in my opinion. Or I’m thinking of something else 

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Remove spread and speed up projies and you refine the experience without fundamentally changing the feeling. And on top of that you still have things unique to halo 3 like the equipment, heavy weapons and new vehicles to spice up. 343 really has nothing to lose by doing it.

ExEaCtLy aS iT waS 10 ueArs aGo