CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah we gotta get off of this page its annoying lol

Mission accomplished 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm getting this UI bug in H2 now where the radar is broken, shield doesn't show up, score and timer in the lower right doesn't show up, grenade counts are missing, and when you hold back the scoreboard doesn't show up. I even deleted and reinstalled MCC but it didn't fix the bug. Really cool stuff, A+ job by 343. This is on Xbox 

On 5/24/2020 at 10:51 PM, Faeyrin said:

This can only implicate that they were fixing to have sprint in H2A. They were even passed the 'thinking' point; neither of those animations were in 4. Someone shitcanned it late in the cycle. But 'they' being Certain Affinity since they made H2A MP. I just wonder who said "no, scrap that shit".

You know, it might explain why the H2A BR  and H2A Snipers are so braindead easy to use. When CA did weapon balance etc sprint was still in the game and all the weapons were balanced for a sprint based Halo sandbox, hence the increased AA and bullet magnetism, and when they cut sprint they just didn't bother rebalancing the aim assist values? 

Which is a terrifying thought as it true, means sprint was cut, really, really late into H2A MP's dev cycle. CA almost did a Halo 2 MP remaster and added sprint oh my god. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

You know, it might explain why the H2A BR  and H2A Snipers are so braindead easy to use. When CA did weapon balance etc sprint was still in the game and all the weapons were balanced for a sprint based Halo sandbox, hence the increased AA and bullet magnetism, and when they cut sprint they just didn't bother rebalancing the aim assist values? 

Which is a terrifying thought as it true, means sprint was cut, really, really late into H2A MP's dev cycle. CA almost did a Halo 2 MP remaster and added sprint oh my god. 

That doesn’t explain why everything else is shit though like og h2. H2a sniper is piss easy because of the reticule size and even then it’s not too different from og h2. And the BR in h2a works the same way as it does in H2c but couple differences.1. In h2a strong siding doesn’t work. 
2. There’s no damage drop off like H2c. 
I don’t think the bullet mag is that different but I could be wrong. 

Anyone else think strongsiding is really fucking stupid? You basically have to aim at the nonexistent head and hope to god that something registers as a headshot before the guy gets behind cover. I'd rather just have high strafe accel and snappy movement + fast, low crouch with low movement penalty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Nope. I've brought this up before but I worked with the guy from CA who was in charge of H2A, he said he just copied the AA values from H2. I, personally, don't believe he did because it feels way easier but that's what he said. 

Excessive Bullet magnetism has been a staple of Halo since H2. H2A isn't all that of an outlier, if at all, but H4 and H5 definitely are.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Nope. I've brought this up before but I worked with the guy from CA who was in charge of H2A, he said he just copied the AA values from H2. I, personally, don't believe he did because it feels way easier but that's what he said. 

But why do you think it’s easier? I think the consistency in shots in h2a is what’s different. If H2c was like that, no strong siding this be a different story 

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

But why do you think it’s easier? I think the consistency in shots in h2a is what’s different. If H2c was like that, no strong siding this be a different story 

Because I've played them back to back and H2C feels harder to shoot in? Feels like way less friction, like if someone strafes I could actually miss (I know the strafe accel is way higher). If someone shoots you in H2A you basically can't turn on them, it's just not going to happen. The game is too easy flat out. I've never felt that to the same extent in classic. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Because I've played them back to back and H2C feels harder to shoot in? Feels like way less friction, like if someone strafes I could actually miss (I know the strafe accel is way higher). If someone shoots you in H2A you basically can't turn on them, it's just not going to happen. The game is too easy flat out. I've never felt that to the same extent in classic. 

Hmm maybe it’s the improved engine. H4 engine is vastly better than 04 version of blam. If the AA values really are the same, then it being easier is simply because of the difference in hit reg consistency and the obvious strafe accel. I think h2 online isn’t consistent at all so it gives off this notion that it’s harder. In h2a strafe accel is lower, shots are pretty consistent compared to H2c. There is no damage drop off, there is less spread. I believe H2c has some spread because there is some form of shot leading needed. Perhaps it’s also the reticule? Idk about you but cross hairs mean a lot. A big ass crosshairs is way harder to kill with, than a smaller crosshair. And the game is out why not check if the values are the same by modding? 

22 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Did they copy the strafe acceleration values from H2? It doesn't feel like it. 

6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Hmm maybe it’s the improved engine. H4 engine is vastly better than 04 version of blam. If the AA values really are the same, then it being easier is simply because of the difference in hit reg consistency and the obvious strafe accel. I think h2 online isn’t consistent at all so it gives off this notion that it’s harder. In h2a strafe accel is lower, shots are pretty consistent compared to H2c. There is no damage drop off, there is less spread. I believe H2c has some spread because there is some form of shot leading needed. Perhaps it’s also the reticule? Idk about you but cross hairs mean a lot. A big ass crosshairs is way harder to kill with, than a smaller crosshair. And the game is out why not check if the values are the same by modding? 

H2 uses faux hitscan, with a 400 units/sec projectile velocity. Combined with high bullet magnetism, it gives the impression of hitscan. For comparison, HCE Magnum uses 210 units/sec and H3 BR uses 180 units/sec. 

Reach, H4, and H5 use a value MUCH closer to true hitscan, with the utility projectile speeds being around 4000 units/sec. I assume H2A also did this, so it feels incredibly easy to shoot when you factor in AA and magnetism. 

Even disregarding all that, MCC H2 has total shit for hit reg. I saw a clip of a guy getting a BR only killtac on Warlock CTF and I was more impressed by the fact that all of his shots actually registered. 

20 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Would be shocked if they don't get a C&D from MS honestly

I don't doubt ms will try to go after them somehow but apparently the way they are doing it is completely legal sooo lol

It also already works technically and doesn't require a modded Xbox
image0-1.jpg

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

There is no damage drop off, there is less spread. I believe H2c has some spread because there is some form of shot leading needed. 

You're confusing spread with projectile. A gun could have zero spread and you'd still need to lead if it's projectile (H1 NHE pistol, H3 sniper).
You need to lead at long distance in H2 because the BR is in fact projectile. It's just a really fast projectile, so you don't need to lead in as many situations.

1 hour ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

I don't doubt ms will try to go after them somehow but apparently the way they are doing it is completely legal sooo lol

It also already works technically and doesn't require a modded Xbox

Something about "Xbox Live" just makes it seem like it won't get off the ground for long

41 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Something about "Xbox Live" just makes it seem like it won't get off the ground for long

"IIRC there’s actually a copyright exception to explicitly allow for the recreation of online servers that have been shut down, though I could be remembering that wrong." - kotaku comment section

56734756474.png
- From their discord

How can Nintendo shut down the SM64 PC port in like less than a day but something like this not get shut down? In both situations neither company is losing money by it.

4 minutes ago, JordanB said:

How can Nintendo shut down the SM64 PC port in like less than a day but something like this not get shut down? In both situations neither company is losing money by it.

I mean I'm not a legal expert by any means lol but it's described more clearly in the article from kotaku that I posted earlier. I think they'll be fine legally, like all they are doing pretty much is putting up new og xbox live servers.

https://kotaku.com/insignia-project-aims-to-resurrect-xbox-live-for-the-or-1843600151

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

H2 uses faux hitscan, with a 400 units/sec projectile velocity. Combined with high bullet magnetism, it gives the impression of hitscan. For comparison, HCE Magnum uses 210 units/sec and H3 BR uses 180 units/sec. 

Reach, H4, and H5 use a value MUCH closer to true hitscan, with the utility projectile speeds being around 4000 units/sec. I assume H2A also did this, so it feels incredibly easy to shoot when you factor in AA and magnetism. 

Even disregarding all that, MCC H2 has total shit for hit reg. I saw a clip of a guy getting a BR only killtac on Warlock CTF and I was more impressed by the fact that all of his shots actually registered. 

Just fyi ce is 300. 

also i think the hitbox is just bigger. U cant strongside in h2a but can in h2 for example. 

or the values are the same they just arent 1:1 in effect. 

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

You're confusing spread with projectile. A gun could have zero spread and you'd still need to lead if it's projectile (H1 NHE pistol, H3 sniper).
You need to lead at long distance in H2 because the BR is in fact projectile. It's just a really fast projectile, so you don't need to lead in as many situations.

I thought it was pure hitscan. 

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I thought it was pure hitscan. 

None of the Halo games are, they just use projectiles that reach their maximum range near-instantly. To the average person it might as well be hitscan, though.

4 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Literally EVERY match I play there is always one person not playing

The idling countermeasures are so poorly thought out. The only time it could ever affect anything is when you're in someone else's party, and it would prevent that person from searching. Like...that's NOT the problem. The problem is one guy, alone, setting down his controller while MCC searches game after game after game without booting him.

Either detect he's idle and boot him and have it count as a quit, or get rid of stupid ass rolling search. Literally no one needs that. It takes one button press to search for a game. That's not asking too much. Getting rid of rolling search eliminates a HUGE percent of idling.

• Like (+1) 4