CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think that guy forgot to upload the whole clip where he surly got more kills than a body noscope and a backsmack on a blind person

Patch notes

Today, an update has been released for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) on PC and Xbox One. Below is a breakdown of the update size and bug fixes.

Game Install Size and Version

Please see the information below to ensure you have proper disk space to install each title from your desired store platform as well as are on the latest update.

Latest Version

• The latest version of the game is 1.1570.0.0, to find the version number (Full KBA).
  • To update your game if you are not on the latest version (Full KBA).

Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

• 7.74 GB update size.

Steam

• 175.9 MB update size.

Xbox

• 1.96 GB update size.

Resolved Community Issues

Below is a list of issues that have been fixed and are included in today’s update. There are additional bug fixes below that were resolved ahead of the launch of Halo 2 on PC but didn't make it into the launch build. We have included these fixes as well in this patch. Please read below for the full details of bugs fixed in today’s update:

General Bug Fixes (PC)

• Fix to the Easy Anti-Cheat splash screen on launch

Halo 2 (All Platforms)

• Improved stability when leaving or ending Campaign Missions
  • Fixed an issue that caused projectiles and grenades to teleport to players elsewhere on the map

Halo 2: Anniversary (All Platforms)

• Updated Shrine Map Variants for the H2A Team Hardcore playlist
  • Flag return time in Big Team Battle CTF set to 15 seconds from 5

Halo 2 (PC)

• Resolved Installation issue for Extended Language Pack voice not being installed
  • When playing on a high FOV the LOD textures now render more consistently
  • A connection interrupted issue has been resolved when entering the final cutscene on co-op Campaign
  • Big Team Three Plots score now accurately requires 600 seconds to win

Halo 2: Anniversary (PC)

• Textures now appear appropriately on “The Oracle” for those with AMD GPUs
  • Fixed a memory leak on the pause menu during Campaign
  • Forge variant maps now have correct lighting applied

Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox One)

• Fixed an issue causing the HUD to be off-centered when zooming while playing splitscreen multiplayer

Halo 3 (Xbox One)

• Resolved a Crash when loading into the multiplayer map Valhalla
  • Resolved an issue causing Rubber-banding, desynced vehicles, objectives, and objects, missing effects, and overall instability during Halo 3 multiplayer sessions

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Patch notes

Reveal hidden contents

Today, an update has been released for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) on PC and Xbox One. Below is a breakdown of the update size and bug fixes.

Game Install Size and Version

Please see the information below to ensure you have proper disk space to install each title from your desired store platform as well as are on the latest update.

Latest Version

• The latest version of the game is 1.1570.0.0, to find the version number (Full KBA).
  • To update your game if you are not on the latest version (Full KBA).

Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

• 7.74 GB update size.

Steam

• 175.9 MB update size.

Xbox

• 1.96 GB update size.

Resolved Community Issues

Below is a list of issues that have been fixed and are included in today’s update. There are additional bug fixes below that were resolved ahead of the launch of Halo 2 on PC but didn't make it into the launch build. We have included these fixes as well in this patch. Please read below for the full details of bugs fixed in today’s update:

General Bug Fixes (PC)

• Fix to the Easy Anti-Cheat splash screen on launch

Halo 2 (All Platforms)

• Improved stability when leaving or ending Campaign Missions
  • Fixed an issue that caused projectiles and grenades to teleport to players elsewhere on the map

Halo 2: Anniversary (All Platforms)

• Updated Shrine Map Variants for the H2A Team Hardcore playlist
  • Flag return time in Big Team Battle CTF set to 15 seconds from 5

Halo 2 (PC)

• Resolved Installation issue for Extended Language Pack voice not being installed
  • When playing on a high FOV the LOD textures now render more consistently
  • A connection interrupted issue has been resolved when entering the final cutscene on co-op Campaign
  • Big Team Three Plots score now accurately requires 600 seconds to win

Halo 2: Anniversary (PC)

• Textures now appear appropriately on “The Oracle” for those with AMD GPUs
  • Fixed a memory leak on the pause menu during Campaign
  • Forge variant maps now have correct lighting applied

Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox One)

• Fixed an issue causing the HUD to be off-centered when zooming while playing splitscreen multiplayer

Halo 3 (Xbox One)

• Resolved a Crash when loading into the multiplayer map Valhalla
  • Resolved an issue causing Rubber-banding, desynced vehicles, objectives, and objects, missing effects, and overall instability during Halo 3 multiplayer sessions

Yay 

Well ever since this patch has come out my PC either crashes or restarts in self randomly when I'm on the MCC.

Will they ever remove Grenade Hitmarkers for H2A competitive? That game could be a solid competitive Halo with pretty minor adjustments. 343 and their management of this franchise is endlessly frustrating. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NAK said:

Will they ever remove Grenade Hitmarkers for H2A competitive? That game could be a solid competitive Halo with pretty minor adjustments. 343 and their management of this franchise is endlessly frustrating. 

6 years into a game and we're receiving a new game in 6? months. Nothing about H2A is going to change

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NAK said:

Have you ever played a game that had hit markers for specific weapons and no hit markers for others?  I know at least I have not 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Have you ever played a game that had hit markers for specific weapons and no hit markers for others?  I know at least I have not 

Cod4 promod has hitmarkers on flashes and stuns disabled. Obviously not a "full game" but it didn't feel weird to play at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Cod4 promod has hitmarkers on flashes and stuns disabled. Obviously not a "full game" but it didn't feel weird to play at all.

Flashes never had hitmarkers in that game to begin with.

33 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Flashes never had hitmarkers in that game to begin with.

Right, wasn't that changed in later games? 

12 hours ago, Basu said:

Wow that be so great for cod especially warzone gulag. I think the reason it got changed Further down the line Is because it’s hard to separate and easier to assign hit markers to everything. 

20 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Wow that be so great for cod especially warzone gulag. I think the reason it got changed Further down the line Is because it’s hard to separate and easier to assign hit markers to everything. 

Definitely that, easier consistency check if they all work the same. It was added in MW2 for all utility grenades except smoke since it should only apply to direct impact. 

Though, I would rather hit markers not exist in Halo with how powerful information can be in a game without many other elements to combat be it passive or active.

• Like (+1) 1

Has anyone else been getting absolutely atrocious rubberbanding on CE, 2 and 3? I'm getting it, and it's worse than pre-2018 MCC. Teleporting, zombie players, getting assassinated from 10 feet away, etc. Shit's ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, Crimson said:

Definitely that, easier consistency check if they all work the same. It was added in MW2 for all utility grenades except smoke since it should only apply to direct impact. 

Though, I would rather hit markers not exist in Halo with how powerful information can be in a game without many other elements to combat be it passive or active.

Agreed. It’s not very needed in halo since the point of H markers is so you know you git your opponent but shields blinking is all the info you need

• Like (+1) 1

Why the hell is stopping AFK people from searching not a top priority for 343? How fucking hard can it be to stop it?

• Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Jake Teh Nub said:

Why the hell is stopping AFK people from searching not a top priority for 343? How fucking hard can it be to stop it?

Their "fix" was to punish people who aren't touching their controllers while searching MM. In-game you can afk all day. Meanwhile H5 has had afk detection and booting all along so they definitely know how to do it. 

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Their "fix" was to punish people who aren't touching their controllers while searching MM. In-game you can afk all day. Meanwhile H5 has had afk detection and booting all along so they definitely know how to do it. 

Maybe it’s because h5 actually implemted it into the game. Maybe it’s a mechanic that can’t be added to the others? But if their reasons for not adding it is “exactly as you remember it bs” then we have a problem.

its kinda interesting how they wanted to port these games over exactly how they were on Xbox but fixing or improving what was bad about those games isn’t on the table. 
h1&3 bullet spread(least in ce they removed spread from comp but in social it’s not the same) 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Nokt said:

On one hand it's a huge yikes that they're rushing these games out so fast while Reach, CE and H2/A are still in abysmal state. On the other hand, once they're done adding games they can finally start working on the things in the backlog such as forge, custom browser and crossplay, which are dearly needed.

This can only implicate that they were fixing to have sprint in H2A. They were even passed the 'thinking' point; neither of those animations were in 4. Someone shitcanned it late in the cycle. But 'they' being Certain Affinity since they made H2A MP. I just wonder who said "no, scrap that shit".

• Thonking (+0) 1

why do reddit links autoplay. lets bump this topic to the next page already.

also here i thought h2a already had AAs just disabled throughout MM. I thought i could turn jetpack on or whatever in customs. oof

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Riddler said:

why do reddit links autoplay. lets bump this topic to the next page already.

also here i thought h2a already had AAs just disabled throughout MM. I thought i could turn jetpack on or whatever in customs. oof

Yeah we gotta get off of this page its annoying lol

• Like (+1) 1