CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Of course they haven't fixed where you can hear the enemy team instead of your own

Umm that’s not a bug. That’s literally an audio feature whom alll you need to do is change to squads or teams. When I do this I haven’t heard the enemy team. 

I take back everything I’ve said about h1 now. With this fix the game is now fun! 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Umm that’s not a bug. That’s literally an audio feature whom alll you need to do is change to squads or teams. When I do this I haven’t heard the enemy team. 

What's the difference between squad and team in the audio setting?

11 minutes ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

No clue tbh. I just know if you switch to those you only hear your teammAtes. Maybe squad is party members only 

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

It's still typical 343ism to set it to be "all chat" by default. Every game in existence uses team-only chat  (aside from proximity voice which was genius) by default and people have been complaining about this for 5+ years.

4 hours ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

Squad is the people you queue with, team is your actual team in-game. 

Now are they seriously going to sit here and tell us they never ran into that bug during testing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Now are they seriously going to sit here and tell us they never ran into that bug during testing.

Prob not. They didnt/dont release the final build as an insider build. Their 5man qa team aint gunna find every bug. 3/3 for new bugs on launch. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I was in the insider program for this flight and while I did not have much time to play due to finals I did not notice that bug during testing. However, according to my professors in college typically betas or "flights" for vidyergames are at least 3 builds behind the main build in case any problems occur like for example that bug lol. Hopefully a hot fix or rollback can be released soon bc that looks like an annoying bug to me.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They released on waypoint of bugs that are going into the update and I doubt anyone found this bug in a play through tbh. This literally seems like shit you’d find only in a custom game 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

They released on waypoint of bugs that are going into the update and I doubt anyone found this bug in a play through tbh. This literally seems like shit you’d find only in a custom game 

It happens in like every match tho, its pretty noticeable lol.

29 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

It happens in like every match tho, its pretty noticeable lol.

Lol I haven’t noticed because during a match it’s pretty hard to notice. Glitch like that 

You forget just how abysmal the friendly AI is in H2 until you spend 15 minutes on the opening holdout of Delta Halo because your dumbass allies keep killing themselves with their rocket launchers. I feel like Diaz from Vice City watching that horse race.

I would've rather they had focused all their resources on bringing Halo 3 on pc first since it would've sustained the population the longest and they could just focused on fixing these insane bugs on just one game since they're clearly incapable of taking on multiple projects. Why even shut down Halo Online if you don't have a game for that big playerbase to jump to immediately ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

You forget just how abysmal the friendly AI is in H2 until you spend 15 minutes on the opening holdout of Delta Halo because your dumbass allies keep killing themselves with their rocket launchers. I feel like Diaz from Vice City watching that horse race.

I don't even know why they gave AI the ability to drive if they were so incompetent. 

Something that's surprising to me is how many people were bitching about controllers being aimbot in Reach, how few did so in CE, and how many are doing it again in H2A. 

I expected it to be the opposite. Reach and H2/A both have teamshot-heavy meta, where individual accuracy doesn't matter that much as long as you're above a certain bar of proficiency. CE's not really got a teamshot-heavy style of play, so it makes no sense to me why no one complained then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Here’s a whole video dedicated to streamers getting the glitch

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Hey @MultiLockOn since you’re a game developer you should like this 

Man unreal engine is amazing if only 343 decided to use that instead of make a we engine. Since if the engine is new then that was a year or two spent making the actual stage for the game to work upon.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Here’s a whole video dedicated to streamers getting the glitch

Lol that’s fucking awesome 😂😂😂😂. And I only said that cause I’ve been playing hardcore getting sweaty games 

Well, you definitely need to aim with the center of your reticle in CE now. That would be fine if the bullet magnetism worked. Before this update, you could reliably get quick kills by using the edge of your reticle to trigger stronger bullet magnetism. That trick isn't working anymore. But now, people just get to live when you aim directly at them, while bullets miraculously go around them. I haven't played enough games to figure out the best way to shoot yet. Overall, shooting is definitely harder. I'm not sure if it's worse yet though.

Someone coming from another Halo would probably like it much more, since they would probably instinctively aim with the center anyways. But not only am I trying to shake a habit that I've spent a long time forming, but now I gotta figure out what to do when bullets just go around the guy in the middle of my crosshair.

I think blue-reticle crossmap shots are gonna be a lot more reliable now too. I used to completely depend on abusing red reticle bullet magnetism at every range, so I would always try to scope back in if I was getting descoped. Now, it's probably not worth the effort.

• Upvote (+1) 1