CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Kinda crazy how literally everyone stopped playing H1 on MCC unless it's social 4s.  I understand how much better of an experience it is to LAN Splitscreen NHE; however being able to use a controller with bumpers, playing the game in 60 fps, and actually hearing the game with Headphones, are advantages I genuinely enjoy when playing CE.  Check out the charts below, not a single person has reached a 50:

(Xbox) Halo 1: Hardcore Doubles Leaderboard

(PC) Halo 1: Hardcore Doubles Leaderboard

I guess having dedicated neutral servers via ranked and a no spread pistol wasn't enough to keep the population.  It's also unfortunate that the OG players have no reliable method of using their S-Type or Duke controllers on a PC or Xbox One.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I just don’t like the amount of control you have in ce. And it all comes down to the quick AF TTK. 

Fair enough. That’s part of the reason they play to 50 (and 4v4 SHOULD play to 100).

• Like (+1) 1

@Faeyrin, I think you’re drastically overestimating the frequency of 3 shot kills (especially my ability to get them, lol). They mostly happen against people that aren’t looking at you, and that don’t react to fire quickly/well. If H1 had an octagon, I’d argue average shots to kill would be significantly higher than other Halo’s despite needing less shots to kill. Full magazine battles are not uncommon among good players.

People use the PR bc, in the right situation, it’s a very safe kill.

The AR is beast on LAN and doesn’t need any tuning. I feel like this game’s version outputs damage at like half the rate. That is, if I’m using it. I feel like it shoots hitscan plasma when some noob is spraying me from down the hallway sometimes. But by and large it’s much worse in MCC.

The plasma pistol is on one map (Damnation), and it’s in a bad spot, and the stun doesn’t work. That’s why no one uses it. The charge shot has always had terrible tracking. If I were gonna change anything I’d bring it in line with H5’s unscoped tracking.

I would be much more open to a 4sk pistol in higher player counts, but a game dev is never gonna adjust weapon damage by game size.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Fair enough. That’s part of the reason they play to 50 (and 4v4 SHOULD play to 100).

Yeah there’s a reason I’ve always preferred what h2&3 brought to the table 

CE MCC just feels frustrating as fuck to shoot in. The pistol's magnetism only works about one third of the time, and I get 3-4SK by guests using it, even while strafing. 

It's all started happening ever since they made the CE launch update for XB1, the update where they changed the reticles and sound effects on the weapons. Before that, I always found the CE pistol to be extremely consistent. 

I noticed this about 4 days ago, but even slowly firing the magnum has a ridiculous amount of spread on MCC CE atm. I don't know if it's always been this way, but the spread's horrible. It's not the spread from the trigger being held down, but it's still bad. I'll post a screenshot when I get on. 

The no spread 2v2 "Hardcore" version is pretty sick 

• Like (+1) 1

Upon testing, there is a small amount of spread when you fire very quickly with the magnum, but not enough to warrant the difference I felt. 

I chalk it up to having had host, firing too quickly, and a bit of MCC fuckery. 

I'm just gonna assume that unless I ever attend an OG LAN, I just won't get the magic of CE. Sucks to suck.

• Like (+1) 1

I mostly understand what made CE meta incredible (outside of poor movement), but why exactly do people like the grenade explosion radius? It's so easy to just Hail Mary 4 of these into whatever part of the map, and kill someone with relatively little effort. 

I'd understand if CE had H2's strafe acceleration/deceleration and jump height, but it just feels comically strong in base CE. 

It's relatively easy to get away from a lot poorly thrown grenades in CE because they have to come to a rest (99% of the time there are situations this isn't true) before they go off. It gets hard in 4v4 or 2v2 when the person just throws for nades inside of a tiny room with you. Plus you can kill someone mid-animation pretty "easily" and cause the nade not to be thrown.

That said a radius reduction wouldn't be terrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The one truly insane thing about grenades in CE is how they can get blown around in a small room by other nades and have their fuses reset infinitely. That's always been nuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:47 AM, Reamis25 said:

Why is it that ce doesn’t spawn us with the pistol. You know how many times I’ve been killed because of the long switch times. The TTK is too quick(if they get a perfect and the first two bullets are easy peasy to hit before they can fight back, imagine if the hit reg was consistent?) ! Is there something about it that’s unbalanced.

Its so if i kill you and end up weak, you cant just spawn and finish me off. I’ll have enough time to 3sk you to retain control. 

also @Faeyrinthe halo2/3 br is way more dominant of a weapon in their respective sandbox and the sniper in those 2 are in a whole another league of anything in ce. In a 1v1, snipe control alone is enough to finish 15-0. Yeah thats not happening in ce. The pistol is powerful enough to beat snipe/rox but worse enough to lose to pr, pp, and shotgun. Even if youre a perfect 3’er u can lose to any of the above given the right circumstance. The halo2 br just always wins vs something like the smg or whatever. The h3 br is better than h2 but half the sandbox is borderline useless. And while shotgun and sword are useful in those games, they either dont exist on maps they need to or exist on maps they are unbeatable (epitaph/snowbound). In ce we have chilly. Shotgun and pr’s wet dream. Creek and dr and damnation still work well with it. Tho the sword is really good on lockout. 

i dont think theres any value of buffing the ar or making it relevant. We saw it in h5. Its just not fun. The ar has its niche use in ce as a quick camo, extended beatdown range with the best horizontal reach, and spraying camo kids or 1shot kids. Id make the first shot have 100% accuracy and thats it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Halo 2 on PC starts one week from today

Anybody else think it's a little weird that they stealth-dropped CE on PC but for H2 they're announcing a drop time a week before? Is this further evidence that 343 hates all things CE and wants to squash it out of relevance?!?!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, II AdamanT II said:

Anybody else think it's a little weird that they stealth-dropped CE on PC but for H2 they're announcing a drop time a week before? Is this further evidence that 343 hates all things CE and wants to squash it out of relevance?!?!

If I created the atrocity that is MCC CE, I'd want to bury it as well. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I don’t like the ce Grenada style of come to a rest because the movement in ce completely negates it. Like well placed nade is completely unavoidable. Least in otherhalos the movement gives me that ability.

I hooked up my original Xbox for the first time in about 10 years for old times sake and got on OG Halo 2. I forgot how bad it looks compared to the MCC but doing things like doubleshotting is 100x times easier. Was worried I was just getting bad at it.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I hooked up my original Xbox for the first time in about 10 years for old times sake and got on OG Halo 2. I forgot how bad it looks compared to the MCC but doing things like doubleshotting is 100x times easier. Was worried I was just getting bad at it.

It’s more than likely the higher FPS 

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s more than likely the higher FPS 

Yeah that's what I've always figured. Basically cutting the window of time to do it in half.

2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Yeah that's what I've always figured. Basically cutting the window of time to do it in half.

Try locking your frames to 30 and see if it's easier?

17 hours ago, xSociety said:

Try locking your frames to 30 and see if it's easier?

That’s not an option on MCC 

12 minutes ago, Landonio said:

So about that custom game browser...

Not happening for a long time aka not until all 3 games(h3,3 ODST & 4 are released on pc)