CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

29 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Can't really rock anyone in H2A with there being literally not a single advanced technique to create a skill gap nor a single risk/reward mechanic.

Not in competitive play but I don't play competitive. 

Its fun to play although I did have a strange moment on Sanc where I'm pretty sure I could see through a rock to the player behind it. Unfortunately didn't record it. Excited to hopefully see changes to spawns and audio since they're already listed as known issues. Hoping to see uncapped framerate working. Improvements to hit detection would be great. Its really awkward playing on dedicated servers and still having games where bullets literally do nothing from S2 to B3 and its a perfect 4 the next game. It feels like a host vs off host difference back in 2006 but we're on dedicated servers and it just doesn't really make sense since sometimes when this happens the perfect 4 is on a European server and the east coast server (where I'm from) is the one next game where nothing registers and then it flips 30 minutes later. Something is definitely strange there. The only simple explanation to me would be that the text indicating which server you're on isn't actually accurate and you're really on some other server so you never really know where you're playing

1 thousand people right now are watching Naded and Trippey play a Best of 11 H3 series with some of the worst settings imaginable. Just goes to show that there is still some hunger for Halo if you put out content that is even moderately compelling. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, NAK said:

1 thousand people right now are watching Naded and Trippey play a Best of 11 H3 series with some of the worst settings imaginable. Just goes to show that there is still some hunger for Halo if you put out content that is even moderately compelling. 

what kind of settings?

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

what kind of settings?

I was curious and had to look. It was AR starts default 2v2 KotH on Cold Storage. Fuuuuuuuck thaaaaat.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I was curious and had to look. It was AR starts default 2v2 KotH on Cold Storage. Fuuuuuuuck thaaaaat.

typical naded and his goofball ways

Ok not gonna lie, I watched two games of it...actually pretty damn entertaining. The settings are hot dumpster juice, but the novelty of it and the intensity made it pretty fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I feel like I've seen Evader play some settings like that semi-frequently. 2v2, AR starts, I wanna say they were OBJ games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nokt said:

I feel like I've seen Evader play some settings like that semi-frequently. 2v2, AR starts, I wanna say they were OBJ games.

AR starts for h3 were really common though so I understand why. Weren't the most used weapons during h3s lifetime the AR and melee? Obviously the BR was better but I think for most people they just tolerated ARs. They were at least marginally better than smgs in 2 I guess...

I can only wonder how much rectally ingested cocaine Bungie were on when they put swords and shotguns on maps with SMG starts. 

• Like (+1) 1

There's a whole sub group of creatures on MCC that believe 2v2, Radars, Default TS in H3 is the most competitive and sweaty way to play Halo.  I think Naded was playing in the "Beast n Bones" challenge.

God bless em, but I'll always stick to Hardcore gametypes for H3 Dubs and 4s.  However, if you came up in the scene or started following in circa 2012, I understand.

It's just a bunch of guys that were really talented at what they were presented, saw the best in everything, and never really examined what they were playing with a critical eye. It takes a combination of lack of prior experience with anything better, an accepting mindset, and a strong desire to improve. I respect high level dubs and TS players and the patience required to embrace the cheese...I just think they have extraordinarily bad taste.

I also think it's a waste of talent.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Fire (+1) 1

Settings are something that have been done horribly in every Halo game post-CE. "Casual settings" were nothing but an insulting, completely unnecessary inhibitor to competitiveness. 

All games should actively force their playerbase to get better and learn the game's mechanics. It raises the quality of play for everyone involved, it reduces the pressure on the developer to separately have to satisfy both social and competitive players, and it hugely extends a game's enjoyability, longevity, and playerbase. 

A big reason that Bungie is to blame for the current state of the Halo "fanbase" is because they filled the games with so much stupid shit that people grew complacent to it, and it turned the game's population into a primarily-social one, which leads us to where we are now.

Imperfect settings foster objectively inferior ways to play a game, which in turn acts as a breeding ground for complacency and acceptance to grow. 

Why can't radar be removed from standard play? Oh, it's because it's been in the game's base settings since Halo 2 and people have grown to not have an iota of map awareness or knowledge, and would throw a Waypoint/Reddit-esque pathetic temper tantrum if it were to go. 

343i should design all standard modes of play with perfect settings, and refuse any attempt to change said settings. Not that they will, though. 

Standalone competitive Halo title NEEDS to happen. I'm tired of sharing a franchise with people who care more about playable Elites than a dead, rotting, moldy competitive design philosophy and continual watering down of game mechanics. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

A big reason that Bungie is to blame for the current state of the Halo "fanbase" is because they filled the games with so much stupid shit that people grew complacent to it, and it turned the game's population into a primarily-social one, which leads us to where we are now.

Standalone competitive Halo title NEEDS to happen. I'm tired of sharing a franchise with people who care more about playable Elites than a dead, rotting, moldy competitive design philosophy and continual watering down of game mechanics. 

1. I guarantee you that if MCC ever gets a custom browser then 75% of it is going to be braindead minigame customs, no matter the title. Just like how the H5 custom browser is. If you do find a proper competitive server, it's on some wack ass custom map with only a few people. If the most loved title is H3 then the custom browser would reveal people love it for all the dumb reasons. (ngl tho i'd hit up Sacrifice on Lavapit on occasion but that's a good gametype unlike Fatkid so it'll never be on there)

2. I make sure to downvote every Reddit post about Elites. Moreover, the people posting dumb fluff about armor in Reach. "Look at me playing virtual Barbie dressup my spartan!!!" No.

• Like (+1) 3

The irony of Halo 5 being the only Halo to try to unify competitive/casual settings will never not be hilarious.

• Like (+1) 7

I'd love it if motion tracker was excluded from future games. Not just a turned-off setting, but literally nowhere to be found, like descope from H4.

• Like (+1) 1

I think a cool feature for future Halo titles would be being able to customize your cross hair. Since its pretty much personal preference only barring 343 just making something stupid and bad

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

I genuinely enjoy radar in FFA, so I definitely want it to exist somewhere. It can fuck right off in team games and 1v1 though.

• Like (+1) 3

Would anyone be interested in doing a Halo 3 FFA tourney - mlg rules but to 50 instead of unlimited haha -- over the next few quarantine Saturday evenings? I'm thinking about trying to set something up with a little point set up over 4 weeks or so, kinda just for fun/bragging rights. Although if no1 is interested in that, mayb I'll come up with a little prize structure for the end of the 4 weeks.

just spit ballin off that monday coffee, dm if interested at all

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I think a cool feature for future Halo titles would be being able to customize your cross hair. Since its pretty much personal preference only barring 343 just making something stupid and bad

I feel like the size of the outer reticle should represent the angle of aim assist (larger reticle = wider angle of aim assist).  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was curious to see how Halo was doing on Twitch.

Roughly 190th place, flanked by such titans as Idolmaster: Shiny Colors, Call of Duty Mobile, and Eternal - not DOOM: Eternal, just Eternal.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Was curious to see how Halo was doing on Twitch.

Roughly 190th place, flanked by such titans as Idolmaster: Shiny Colors, Call of Duty Mobile, and Eternal - not DOOM: Eternal, just Eternal.

Obviously we can remedy this by making elites playable and giving me more options for playing video game dress up with my toy virtual soldier

*galaxybrain*

• Toxic (+1) 1

Nothing will remedy it. Not custom options, not making the game 110% sweaty, nothing. Halo doesn't have the mass appeal it once did. Just the way it is.