Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

I finally played Halo 1 CTF BTB Blood Gulch.

 

Holy shit it sucks

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I played five games yesterday and they were ALL terrible connection. I'm talking bang-on sniper shots just straight up not counting.

Share this post


Link to post

 

First shot obviously a miss but that second one was square in the face and the dude didn't even flinch, and don't tell me I need to lead at that distance. MCC CE in a nutshell.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

We need to make a CE-is-borked montage with top-tier editing.

I'm talking the "Walshy's 3rd Montage" of bloopers.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Yeah we talked about the art of Halo and whatnot over lunch. 

No like why did he dislike bungies art style? I gotta say looking at some stuff in halo I actually enjoy 343s four runner art style. 

  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Idk why people hate the four runner art style of h4/5. I like that futuristic look. 

  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Idk why people hate the four runner art style of h4/5. I like that futuristic look. 

Because it's really, really, really generic. Doesn't help that it's like staring into an incandescent lightbulb. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Idk why people hate the four runner art style of h4/5.

It looks nothing like it did before. It's suppose to look like ancient, sleeping, mystical tech and structure. Now it's glossy and floaty, with odd shapes and angles to give an effort to push the "Wow" factor.

It looks ridiculous now.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

It looks nothing like it did before. It's suppose to look like ancient, sleeping, mystical tech and structure. Now it's glossy and floaty, with odd shapes and angles to give an effort to push the "Wow" factor.

It looks ridiculous now.

I mean I think that look is more realistic from a high tech civilization that supposedly is ahead in tech terms even compared to the covenant. Bungies is good that’s no lie, but  bungies shit seemed more mystical like you pointed out. The four runners weren’t magical. The technology shown in h4 was quite impressive to me. Guess I like that vibe since it gives me prequel Star Wars tech vibes. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I mean I think that look is more realistic from a high tech civilization that supposedly is ahead in tech terms even compared to the covenant. Bungies is good that’s no lie, but  bungies shit seemed more mystical like you pointed out. The four runners weren’t magical. The technology shown in h4 was quite impressive to me. Guess I like that vibe since it gives me prequel Star Wars tech vibes. 

I like Bungie's forerunner style because it looks like it's built to last 2000000 years. 343's looks like an edgy Architect Major's first job that'll show up in an obscure magazine before being forgotten.

With the exception of the Pillars. I really like these (personally):

vn3d1Ev.png

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

343's designs aren't bad, so to speak. It's all the shit that gets tacked onto the designs that makes them look overdesigned and ugly. 

Return the dull, textured grey lit with ambient blues/yellows look from CE and 3, massively increase the scale of the structures (both on their interior and exterior so that they actually give the look of enormous megastructures), and go with the more geometrically simple looks from CE and 3. Also, don't tack like 6193719372838 unneeded extrusions onto them. 

There, problem resolved. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm oddly nostalgic for h4 is some ways. It's a terrible game but I liked playing it for some amount of time I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Arlong said:

I mean I think that look is more realistic from a high tech civilization that supposedly is ahead in tech terms even compared to the covenant. Bungies is good that’s no lie, but  bungies shit seemed more mystical like you pointed out. The four runners weren’t magical. The technology shown in h4 was quite impressive to me. Guess I like that vibe since it gives me prequel Star Wars tech vibes. 

You contradicted yourself like 3 times in this post.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Basu said:

 

First shot obviously a miss but that second one was square in the face and the dude didn't even flinch, and don't tell me I need to lead at that distance. MCC CE in a nutshell.

It's karma for using red names like a heathen. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

You contradicted yourself like 3 times in this post.

How so? I pointed out how bungies looked mystical that’s implying magic or maybe I have the definitions wrong. The look in h4, shows that the technology was ahead of its time as even now humans and covenant are far behind, and it shows off more impressive tech than some floating stoned surface. By prequel Star Wars vibes I mean the technology, you know how in the prequels and clone wars series(if you ever watched it) everything looks way better? Yeah that’s what I meant. By the definition of contradicting, I did no such thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I'm oddly nostalgic for h4 is some ways. It's a terrible game but I liked playing it for some amount of time I guess...

Potential nuclear take incoming: 

H4 BTB was really, really fun. Definitely moreso than HCE and H2, and arguably more than H3. 

I don't know what it was about that game's BTB, but I found it incredibly enjoyable. There was a 2 month period where I couldn't stand the rest of MCC so I played nothing but BTB H4. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Basu said:

 

First shot obviously a miss but that second one was square in the face and the dude didn't even flinch, and don't tell me I need to lead at that distance. MCC CE in a nutshell.

Does this also class as tom fuckery? I find it hard to believe that if it wasn't for spread this dude wouldn't have been dead 10 times over.

The quality makes it hard to see but at the end he sits completely still while I shoot 2 shots directly at his forehead.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mow said:

Does this also class as tom fuckery? I find it hard to believe that if it wasn't for spread this dude wouldn't have been dead 10 times over.

The quality makes it hard to see but at the end he sits completely still while I shoot 2 shots directly at his forehead.

Hard to tell if it's shitty registration or spread, but that clip just made me angry watching it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2020 at 5:15 PM, MultiLockOn said:

I actually met the art director for Halo 4/5 about a month ago. He was not a fan of Bungies art lol. 

How did you react to this in the moment is all I'm wondering. Honestly my face would give away how crazy that sounds to me if you just sprung the topic on me without preparing me to be polite

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Potential nuclear take incoming: 

H4 BTB was really, really fun. Definitely moreso than HCE and H2, and arguably more than H3. 

I don't know what it was about that game's BTB, but I found it incredibly enjoyable. There was a 2 month period where I couldn't stand the rest of MCC so I played nothing but BTB H4. 

BTB was the least obnoxious part of H4 multi but that's not saying much.

Maybe if they hadn't raped CTF there could've been some fun to be had on Meltdown or Shatter.

  • Thonking (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Friendly reminder that H4 BTB was Slayer only for the longest time even though maps like Meltdown seem like they were intentionally designed for CTF.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Mow, situations like that suck and there's no excuse for it, but shooting a little slower will help it suck less.

H4 BTB post patch was a pretty good time. My friends loved H4, and we all got on last night and played exclusively H4 BTB obj for more hours than I'd care to admit. It was quite frankly an awesome time from beginning to end.
 

Also, Ricochet is criminally underrated.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Ricochet is criminally underrated.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Also, Ricochet is criminally underrated.

The problem for Ricochet, from Day 1, has been that the score to win was set too low for the expectations of the gametype.  Why is it a first to 3 or even 5, when it's a game where scoring, relative to CTF or Assault, is much MUCH easier (especially in games with ball-throwing)?

You're playing Basketball with score to win set to "Soccer."

That game could have had a ton of excitement with just two things: Significantly more points for dunks versus throwing it in (reverse from actual basketball, since, getting it TO the goal is hard since you can just be punched or shot to prevent a dunk...something that might end badly in a physical sport) and jacking up the score to win about tenfold.

 

By keeping the score to win low, it made the gametype extremely frustrating because a shot going in *EVER* feels terrible for the other team because it constantly feels like there's nothing to do to stop it.

By incentivizing dunks more, you encourage riskier plays, so there's less incentive for the hard-to-prevent long shots, and by raising the score to win, those long-shots don't feel like "Oh, well he pulled the trigger once now they're 20% of the way to victory."

Leaves a lot more room for comebacks and exciting runs of points when a team gets set-up.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Boyo, it's been on the back burner for a bit, but I still do plan to push for BTB Ricochet in H4 and H2A. When we're playtesting, I'll post here asking for people.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.