CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

15 minutes ago, Basu said:

Given that they added instant-crouch on Reach PC, jumper jumper and modern aiming can we please get rid of jump delay in CE? Make it a controller option that is off by default.

CE with copypasted H2 movement would be great. Best part is, the BMS is the same in both games so there'd be no awkward meta-disturbing shenanigans. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

CE with copypasted H2 movement would be great. Best part is, the BMS is the same in both games so there'd be no awkward meta-disturbing shenanigans. 

I’d probably like CE if it had that movement 

@Hard Way did they fix the reticle magnetism bug for CE on MCC Xbox? The lower notch of the reticle seems to actually have magnetism now. 

Of course, this is all conjecture from like 2 games of CE FFA. 

• Like (+1) 2

CE magnetism is super inconsistent. Game-to-game as well as between fights. Reminds me a lot of H5's aiming.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, _Synapse said:

@Hard Way did they fix the reticle magnetism bug for CE on MCC Xbox? The lower notch of the reticle seems to actually have magnetism now. 

Of course, this is all conjecture from like 2 games of CE FFA. 

Sounds like you just had a good couple of games. Nothing was fixed. I will say that if you can get into the habit of taking your finger off the trigger between shots, you'll have more consistent shot reg bc you're less likely to trigger the spread bug.

But as far as magnetism, beyond shooting with the edges of your reticle, it pretty much solely depends on who you're shooting at, and if your connection likes their connection. If you're not getting bullet magnetism/bullet redirection when shooting with the edges of the reticle, you might be "host" and need to shoot center reticle that game (listen for zoom sounds to find out), or you may just need to lead a lot more than normal against that particular player.  It's all very stupid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Sounds like you just had a good couple of games. Nothing was fixed. I will say that if you can get into the habit of taking your finger off the trigger between shots, you'll have more consistent shot reg bc you're less likely to trigger the spread bug.

But as far as magnetism, beyond shooting with the edges of your reticle, it pretty much solely depends on who you're shooting at, and if your connection likes their connection. If you're not getting bullet magnetism/bullet redirection when shooting with the edges of the reticle, you might be "host" and need to shoot center reticle that game (listen for zoom sounds to find out), or you may just need to lead a lot more than normal against that particular player.  It's all very stupid.

My theory about "shot placement" is each server/host will play different. You'll never know where exactly to aim to kill the other player unless you're on LAN. 
Sometimes you have to aim behind someone - other times far ahead - then when you're host its dead on. A lot of the time they are warping/glitching through your shots too. Other times the game is anti-aiming. 
It helps to remember not to focus on your shot online and only the most important aspects of your game.
This is why it's best to start every series with Hang Em high when playing off host/ on host in H1. It lets you warm up the "lead"! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hard Way said:

If you're not getting bullet magnetism/bullet redirection when shooting with the edges of the reticle, you might be "host" and need to shoot center reticle that game (listen for zoom sounds to find out), or you may just need to lead a lot more than normal against that particular player.

What should we be listening for exactly? If we hear the zoom sound when scoping in that means we are host?

The issues I have with CE mostly aren't about magnetism, but about seemingly differing bullet velocity each game

Some games I'll barely have to lead at all, center reticle or not. Other games, I need the reticle practically off my enemy at nearly point blank range. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unrelated Topic

Anyone else find it hilarious how MCC CE, despite all of it's imperfections, bugs, and lack of hype, managed to hold more than MCC Reach's concurrent population on Steam? 

The main takeaway for 343 from this should be that people really don't want Reach style gameplay to return. 

Not that I expect that specific direction from them, but nonetheless. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Unrelated Topic

Anyone else find it hilarious how MCC CE, despite all of it's imperfections, bugs, and lack of hype, managed to hold more than MCC Reach's concurrent population on Steam? 

The main takeaway for 343 from this should be that people really don't want Reach style gameplay to return. 

Source on this?
I'm not suprised, CE's gameplay aside from jump delay and the spawn system (aside from 2s) is damn near perfection. Even 343 launching it three times with the worst hit detection in any FPS I've ever played can't make that go away.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Noodle said:

What should we be listening for exactly? If we hear the zoom sound when scoping in that means we are host?

That's my understanding of it. I don't know if this ever got changed with any of the updates, but the consensus years ago was that if you could hear your zoom sounds, you were host, which meant you were at a magnetism disadvantage. I'm not sure what actual dedicated servers has done to this theory bc tbh I never pay attention to it. I just know that it was at least at one point a useful piece of information.

@Basu here's a real gem from a recent play session: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/hard-vvay/video/91501322

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

That's my understanding of it. I don't know if this ever got changed with any of the updates, but the consensus years ago was that if you could hear your zoom sounds, you were host, which meant you were at a magnetism disadvantage. I'm not sure what actual dedicated servers has done to this theory bc tbh I never pay attention to it. I just know that it was at least at one point a useful piece of information.

@Basu here's a real gem from a recent play session: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/hard-vvay/video/91501322

Dude exactly. This kind of shit happens way too often. I sometimes get tricked into people having OS even if I have it or it isn't even up just because an enemy tanks 12 shots. Or sniping someone straight in the face at close-medium range and they take no damage. Or how rockets sometimes don't even make people one-shot but send them flying instead. Ugh, why?

• Like (+1) 2

Now that I'm at Tier 100 I don't have to subject myself to that anymore. Call me when the community ports the NHE maps.

People need to start playing Gold Pro, it's the best thing we've got next to Project Cartographer.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Source on this?
I'm not suprised, CE's gameplay aside from jump delay and the spawn system (aside from 2s) is damn near perfection. Even 343 launching it three times with the worst hit detection in any FPS I've ever played can't make that go away.

Some Youtube channel's video on the state of MCC PC. Apparently, Reach just barely manages to hold 4-5K concurrent players, while CE's addition now holds around 10K concurrent players. 

It's hilarious, because despite CE being much older and unattractive graphically, it's more than holding it's own against Reach, a much more graphically impressive title. 

I haven't checked myself on steam, so I may be an idiot here. Point still stands though

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Some Youtube channel's video on the state of MCC PC. Apparently, Reach just barely manages to hold 4-5K concurrent players, while CE's addition now holds around 10K concurrent players. 

It's hilarious, because despite CE being much older and unattractive graphically, it's more than holding it's own against Reach, a much more graphically impressive title. 

I haven't checked myself on steam, so I may be an idiot here. Point still stands though

Oh I thought they somehow have individual stats for the games. Yeah you can just look that up on steamcharts:

https://steamcharts.com/app/976730#All

Looks like CE gave it quite a bump, but it's also still kind of "fresh". Reach also held 10k for a month so we'll see in the long run.

CE with Halo 2 movement and 2 grenades of each type max :walshy::ace::intensifies::apg::mj::simms::weback::rekt:

(plus all the actual fixes like the default shader, bullet magnetism etc.)

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Unrelated Topic

This is the dumbest statistic. 
reach hit like what? 100k? Then went to 3k. Ce started at 30k. Of course its not going to hit 1k people. Its currently at probably like 6000 and it hasnt even been a month

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

31 minutes ago, Riddler said:

This is the dumbest statistic. 
reach hit like what? 100k? Then went to 3k. Ce started at 30k. Of course its not going to hit 1k people. Its currently at probably like 6000 and it hasnt even been a month

Why do you expect a Reach-esque drop in playerbase from CE?

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Why do you expect a Reach-esque drop in playerbase from CE?

Because it's not halo3

I'm actually glad it has camo. One of the things I hate about SWAT is the lack of reason to move, and the lack of gameplay structure and randomness that goes along with it. For someone that would rather play Obj SWAT than regular SWAT, I'm actually pretty stoked there's something to play towards.

2 hours ago, JordanB said:

There's Halo CE Swat? And it has camo? Who thought that was a good idea

Git gud

• Like (+1) 2

Ran into @Hard Way in matchmaking and he killed me with the needler (in CE). I feel so embarrassed, it should be illegal what he's doing!

I've also learned the importance of timing camo on Chill Out; I'd been only timing OS and rockets, but now I know that camo has value too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1