Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MrTummyTumms said:

If I only search H3 I can't find any matches, but if I select H1-4 I get in H3 matches pretty quickly. Makes no sense.

MCC has a weird map + game selection system. On certain days, I'll only get maps like foundation, guardian, and blackout over and over. Then, it'll switch to a new set of maps the next day, and so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Never forget how much of a struggle it was to get BR starts. That might have been the worst part. Launch H2 was AWFUL. The only thing I miss was Clan Matches.

In SMG start, first team to a BR won about 80% of the time. Regardless if the other team was more skilled because SMG LUL. I remember stalemates on Lockout when the score is 2-0 that would go on for about 10 minutes just waiting to land decent nades up to BR tower. Radar was of course on so they knew exactly where we were

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, unheeding said:

been searching with no match for 20 minutes solo queuing, knowing full well there's a <5% chance I get a good competitive game—on a bad port of a shit port of a bastardized port.

why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

AND WHY IS THE GAME NOT FREE THERE ARE 42 PLAYERS AND IT'S A THOUSAND YEARS OLD

I'm about to go joker mode on 343 hq

Username checks out

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/12/2020 at 12:12 AM, Knighty Knight said:

No more Assault Rifle.
No more Pistol.
Battle Rifle is a 6 shot minimum due to spread. 
It takes 8 beatdowns to kill someone full shield. 
The overshield is now visible. The camo is now visible. 
It feels like you run slower on smaller maps.
The radar never disappears off your HUD.
The graphics seem worse.
The plasma rifle and plasma pistol don't freeze anymore.

Oh boy, it took me a while to get over that one. 

yea man and thats just gameplay mechanics the whole feel of ce is gone in halo 2. i feel as though if ce launched with xbox live it would be the most popular halo but halo 2 was most peoples xbl title so they like it more

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

All jokes aside, MCC's still a terrible game.

All the games are broken ports, with at best questionable hit reg. The really frustrating thing is, that the dumbfounding easy-to-fix shit in matchmaking shows zero sign of being fixed. 

The fact that CE, H2, and H3 are broken is depressing by itself. 

The fact that AR starts in ranked playlists and godawful map weighting are less likely to be fixed than the ports is something that's simply incredible to me. 

if I knew the amount of anguish that playing MCC would give me then I'd have never gotten my gold subscription. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have no idea why the map weighting is so bad. Weigh the popular maps. I'd rather play Powerhouse 10 times in a row than Condemned once. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I have no idea why the map weighting is so bad. Weigh the popular maps. I'd rather play Powerhouse 10 times in a row than Condemned once. 

I would be happy if I never played Condemned or Anchor 9 ever again. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'd be happy if I never had to play tombstone ever again. Bonus points if they permanently delete the map from MCC. 

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Anchor 9 and powerhouse are both pretty fun imo. Condemned doesn't actually make any fuckin sense lol.

Share this post


Link to post

Condemned is a great BTB map that got lost and 4v4 adopted it but never loved it like one of its real children.

It’s actually a pretty sad tale.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I'd be happy if I never had to play tombstone ever again. Bonus points if they permanently delete the map from MCC. 

Have you players AR starts on High Noon? My god.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Condemned is a great BTB map that got lost and 4v4 adopted it but never loved it like one of its real children.

It’s actually a pretty sad tale.

Actually Condemned sounds legit for 8v8. It'd be fun chaos.

 

Also: 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Quake has a post game stat that shows you how many lights, heavies, and megas you picked up. It would be cool if CE had a post game stat that shows you how many camos, OS, and rockets you picked up. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Have you players AR starts on High Noon? My god.

Actually Condemned sounds legit for 8v8. It'd be fun chaos.

 

Also: 

 

I've been wanting to see H2A and H3 with RTX since they were announced for PC, I would love to see what a chrome magnum looks like with RTX, I always interpreted the CE magnum as being somewhat chrome like a desert eagle based on the way the light reflects off of it and every magnum since then just doesn't look right at all in my eyes, the CEA magnum isn't faithful to the original at all and has a dull finish and don't even get me started on the Halo 5 "Halo 1 pistol"

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I have no idea why the map weighting is so bad. Weigh the popular maps. I'd rather play Powerhouse 10 times in a row than Condemned once. 

because people don't share this opinion, even me. 

343 is putting the shit maps outside of hardcore so if you want to play good settings, "just" play hardcore

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Shekkles said:

 

NGL this literally just looks like someone jacked the contrast/saturation up and added reflective floors for no conceivable reason

To be honest, no raytracing application I've ever seen has ever impressed me (in video, still frames is a different story). It almost seems like they're pursuing raytracing so they can simplify the environmental lighting workflow rather than make graphics legit better.

Share this post


Link to post

It's been so long that I almost feel like it's a false memory, but I swear original Reach had a 5v5 playlist. Was it Social Slayer? A mere two more players made maps like Condemned and Tempest so much better paced. Gave more combat variety without smaller maps getting too chaotic. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

It's been so long that I almost feel like it's a false memory, but I swear original Reach had a 5v5 playlist. Was it Social Slayer? A mere two more players made maps like Condemned and Tempest so much better paced. Gave more combat variety without smaller maps getting too chaotic. 

Squad Slayer, I believe.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

It's been so long that I almost feel like it's a false memory, but I swear original Reach had a 5v5 playlist. Was it Social Slayer? A mere two more players made maps like Condemned and Tempest so much better paced. Gave more combat variety without smaller maps getting too chaotic. 

Squad slayer and team objective

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

NGL this literally just looks like someone jacked the contrast/saturation up and added reflective floors for no conceivable reason

To be honest, no raytracing application I've ever seen has ever impressed me (in video, still frames is a different story). It almost seems like they're pursuing raytracing so they can simplify the environmental lighting workflow rather than make graphics legit better.

The creator of the video probably did crank the saturation and contrast to provide a more drastic difference.

I don't know a lot about how ray tracing works, but its that the purpose of ray tracing?
Instead of having to bake reflections, shadows, and lighting into the game its allowing you to trace the light, how it interacts with the environment and provide more realistic effects. The only real problem is the huge hit your system takes to actually run ray tracing, which would presumably get better as the years go on. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Nokt said:

The creator of the video probably did crank the saturation and contrast to provide a more drastic difference.

I don't know a lot about how ray tracing works, but its that the purpose of ray tracing?
Instead of having to bake reflections, shadows, and lighting into the game its allowing you to trace the light, how it interacts with the environment and provide more realistic effects. The only real problem is the huge hit your system takes to actually run ray tracing, which would presumably get better as the years go on. 

It's supposed to improve realism. But from what I've seen (and layman eyes are perfectly valid here), it's far more about how lighting is applied rather than how it's processed. Look at Doom 3, that's 2002 technology with some of the best lighting atmosphere of all time - and literally all they did was make the dark dark.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's supposed to improve realism. But from what I've seen (and layman eyes are perfectly valid here), it's far more about how lighting is applied rather than how it's processed. Look at Doom 3, that's 2002 technology with some of the best lighting atmosphere of all time - and literally all they did was make the dark dark.

Found the Doom 3 fanboi.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.