CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Trying MCC CE on PC right now. Doesn't feel any better than MCC Xbox. Also, is it me or competitive 2s aren't playable at the moment? 

17 hours ago, Arlong said:

You know I’ve said this before but the reason McC sniper is probably easier, is because of the Xbox one controller(which let’s be honest it’s way better than the OG one in every way, and the 60fps+(60 only on console). In h3 it was harder to snipe on 360, but it’s way easier on McC because of the 60fps and controller(many will say 360 was better but that’s just the bumpers I’d say the analog sticks are better on the one. 

Ur worse than the waypoint kids. 

>Not have played ce

>claim whats dif on mcc compared to og

yeah ok. The difference is the hitbox or perceived hitbox when moving. You can lead a full reticle ahead or behind where as on og you generally wanted it 80% on the head and 20% ahead of the direction. Leading any amount behind would never give you a headshot and leading full reticles is xbc shit. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Hard Way said:

That is A reason. It is not THE reason.

But how do you know it’s not THE reason?

6 hours ago, Riddler said:

Ur worse than the waypoint kids. 

>Not have played ce

>claim whats dif on mcc compared to og

yeah ok. The difference is the hitbox or perceived hitbox when moving. You can lead a full reticle ahead or behind where as on og you generally wanted it 80% on the head and 20% ahead of the direction. Leading any amount behind would never give you a headshot and leading full reticles is xbc shit. 

Ok then that’s a hit box difference, it’s not exactly hard to get your reticule on someone and hit them here. 

Arlong there's a flashlight in CE for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

But how do you know it’s not THE reason?

I'd wager the introduction of the 'modern aiming' system in MCC contributes more towards people hitting sniper shots easier than the Xbox One controller does.

47 minutes ago, Mow said:

I'd wager the introduction of the 'modern aiming' system in MCC contributes more towards people hitting sniper shots easier than the Xbox One controller does.

Probably right. 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Arlong there's a flashlight in CE for a reason.

That just makes it easier to see if someone is aiming at you with one. That doesn’t mean you can do shit if they hit you already. 

I think the random Reach DMR spread on the CE pistol in 4s/BTB is probably the worst experience in MCC. Its crazy when you go search 4s because you can't find a 2s game and people are immune to bullets when your gun quits working at random lol

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I think the random Reach DMR spread on the CE pistol in 4s/BTB is probably the worst experience in MCC. Its crazy when you go search 4s because you can't find a 2s game and people are immune to bullets when your gun quits working at random lol

Yeah be nice if the pistol in reach was no bloom

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

thanks for helping me stat in social that one game

14 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

thanks for helping me stat in social that one game

Its actually surprising how many ppl you find from here in CE 4s

Just now, Snipe Three said:

Its actually surprising how many ppl you find from here in CE 4s

not surprising at all considering the population is low as shit, i run into people ive played with before every other game it seems

• Like (+1) 2

I played MCC for the first time since Reach launched last night. Am I crazy or did the framerate take a massive dive or something?

On 3/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, Riddler said:

Let's not forget you can kill people sniping behind their strafe. You will miss that shot 10/10 times on LAN. 

• Like (+1) 1

The more time I spend sharing my existence with that of the CEA PC release, the worse my opinion of the whole push to release on PC grows. 

343i's been getting feedback on the bastardized ports on MCC for more than 5 years now, yet their first major step is to waste time adding Reach to MCC, and putting said terrible ports on PC. 

If the higher-ups at 343i cared enough to restore the games to their original states, then we could have had all the games in their ideal states by late 2018-early 2019. Instead, we're still seeing anti-aim on CEA PC and the last major tournaments were Halo: Reach. 

Is it possible to be optimistic as a competitive Halo player? 

• Like (+1) 2

I've resorted to an attitude of "Cautionary Realism". I'll never be pessimistic - it's just not who I am. But I've lived through enough mistakes and misfortune that I plan for the worst and shoot for the best. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

First time eh?

Didn't get into Halo until almost early 2017, with MCC. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Didn't get into Halo until almost early 2017, with MCC. 

Lol, now imagine it's sixteen years ago in november and you'd been playing CE for 3 years strong, mastering the depths of is game play. How do you react when the sequel is H2 and those depths have suddenly become a shallow pond, plus every subsequent release moving further and further away from the precedent of the original?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

No more Assault Rifle.
No more Pistol.
Battle Rifle is a 6 shot minimum due to spread. 
It takes 8 beatdowns to kill someone full shield. 
The overshield is now visible. The camo is now visible. 
It feels like you run slower on smaller maps.
The radar never disappears off your HUD.
The graphics seem worse.
The plasma rifle and plasma pistol don't freeze anymore.

Oh boy, it took me a while to get over that one. 

PS. The noob combo..

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Lol, now imagine it's sixteen years ago in november and you'd been playing CE for 3 years strong, mastering the depths of is game play. How do you react when the sequel is H2 and those depths have suddenly become a shallow pond, plus every subsequent release moving further and further away from the precedent of the original?

I appreciate H2's gameplay for what it is, though it most definitely ruined most of what made CE great. 

• Like (+1) 2

Never forget how much of a struggle it was to get BR starts. That might have been the worst part. Launch H2 was AWFUL. The only thing I miss was Clan Matches.

• Like (+1) 1

been searching with no match for 20 minutes solo queuing, knowing full well there's a <5% chance I get a good competitive game—on a bad port of a shit port of a bastardized port.

why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

AND WHY IS THE GAME NOT FREE THERE ARE 42 PLAYERS AND IT'S A THOUSAND YEARS OLD

I'm about to go joker mode on 343 hq

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

2 hours ago, unheeding said:

been searching with no match for 20 minutes solo queuing, knowing full well there's a <5% chance I get a good competitive game—on a bad port of a shit port of a bastardized port.

why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

AND WHY IS THE GAME NOT FREE THERE ARE 42 PLAYERS AND IT'S A THOUSAND YEARS OLD

I'm about to go joker mode on 343 hq

Trying to search for ranked H3 TS and getting games that aren't 3v4's or on terrible maps with AR starts: 20+ minutes

Searching for H2A Infection: 46 seconds

MCC on Xbox is a dumpster fire. 

4 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Trying to search for ranked H3 TS and getting games that aren't 3v4's or on terrible maps with AR starts: 20+ minutes

Searching for H2A Infection: 46 seconds

MCC on Xbox is a dumpster fire. 

If I only search H3 I can't find any matches, but if I select H1-4 I get in H3 matches pretty quickly. Makes no sense.