CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Is the no spread also on xbox?

Only NHE which is a mod 

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Only NHE which is a mod 

Are you sure you played MCC? You are aware that there is no spread on 2v2 on MCC currently right?

• Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Is the no spread also on xbox?

Pretty sure Xbox and PC now share the same no spread in comp 2s. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Just now, Arftacular said:

Pretty sure Xbox and PC now share the same no spread in comp 2s. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Someone confirm, may actually install MCC again

On 3/6/2020 at 6:46 PM, Shekkles said:

My best friends and I have been playing games together since 2006 when I met them. One of our favourite games is Supreme Commander and there is a community mod called Forged Alliance Forever (FAF). We all love this game and have played hundreds of hours together.

None of us were particularly good.

Then one of my friends and I started watching gameplay on YouTube, reading guides and playing ranked matches. We got sweaty. We got good.

Then what happened? We literally could not play with our other friends anymore. We were so high above them that we were bored playing at their level and they were extremely frustrated playing at ours. It split our entire group and we haven't played FAF in years because of the divide. So we moved on to the next game.

I don't want this to happen with Halo. Fortunately, most of my friends don't like CE whatsoever so I can learn it in my own time for my own pleasure. But you have to understand that being 40x better than my friends is not an enjoyable experience and I don't particularly want to join a competitive Australian CE group just to git gud when I could instead have a blast with my friends without any homework.

This resonated with me. I got super into halo during the rise of MLG with H2, and through the old MLG website I was exposed to the occasional video of high-level CE gameplay. I spent some time learning the maps not called blood gulch, understood the button glitches, and even had a power weapon nade or two figured out.

I organized an HCE lan with my friends who had given up H2 pretty early but still had fond memories of getting together to split screen HCE. I was so excited to show off my newfound knowledge and was even sharing button glitches with them that we were never exposed to during the HCE's first lifespan. But the excitement quickly waned. It took barely a game to realize I was too far beyond them and the gameplay was not challenging enough for me to enjoy, and too frustrating for them. The whole thing was over in maybe an hour. That was the last Halo session I would ever play with my IRL friends. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 3/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, Noodle said:

Speaking of CE nades: the only one I looked up and learned was how to nade snipe to the corner of top blue on Hang 'Em High. I learned this some time last year on MCC, but I find that I can't figure out how to consistently hit it on PC because my reticule size is bigger than the gap between the two lights on the base you use to line up the nade (on Xbox, the reticule fits within the two lights with room to spare if you were to put the reticule right in the middle of the two lights). Would this change in perspective be because I'm playing on a smaller monitor (17" laptop versus 24" monitor for Xbox), 110 FOV, and/or something else? What can I do to make everything in the game scale the same as I see it on the various video tutorials?

Did anybody ever answer this because I have noticed the same thing. The snipe nade to top blue on hang'em is off for some reason on my PC version, which is odd because I did not adjust the FOV or anything since I switch between console and PC regularly. I feel opposite though, in that on PC it seems like my reticule is too small to properly line up between the lights, so I'm guessing with a decent amount of room for error. 

21 hours ago, Arlong said:

I have a benq 24 Inch on game mode, that map in particular doesn’t look at bright and clear as day. I have glasses which provide me pretty good vision. Man CE d riders hate it when someone says something bad about their beloved game. 

Only when what they say is objectively inaccurate. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

Did anybody ever answer this because I have noticed the same thing. The snipe nade to top blue on hang'em is off for some reason on my PC version, which is odd because I did not adjust the FOV or anything since I switch between console and PC regularly. I feel opposite though, in that on PC it seems like my reticule is too small to properly line up between the lights, so I'm guessing with a decent amount of room for error. 

The answer is the reticle is fucked on pc and theres no fix

Sorry if it was asked already, but what in the world was with the update size for Xbox MCC? ~59gb isn't just OG CE sounds and tweaks here and there. Was the bulk of the size them making everyone download all of Halo 3 MP again because they changed the graphics on the teleporters?

1 hour ago, II AdamanT II said:

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

The answer is the reticle is fucked on pc and theres no fix

It's screwed up in a way where for some players reticules/map geometry will seem too small and for others it will seem too big? Or, there's a flaw and adjusting settings changes the nature of the flaw but the flaw's still there? Has anyone else had a similar issues with reticule size versus map marker discrepencies that's affecting nade placements?

You know I’ve said this before but the reason McC sniper is probably easier, is because of the Xbox one controller(which let’s be honest it’s way better than the OG one in every way, and the 60fps+(60 only on console). In h3 it was harder to snipe on 360, but it’s way easier on McC because of the 60fps and controller(many will say 360 was better but that’s just the bumpers I’d say the analog sticks are better on the one. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

Sorry if it was asked already, but what in the world was with the update size for Xbox MCC? ~59gb isn't just OG CE sounds and tweaks here and there. Was the bulk of the size them making everyone download all of Halo 3 MP again because they changed the graphics on the teleporters?

All games bar Halo 3/ODST had to redownload. No idea why. 343 patches be crazy. Must be some backend stuff.

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

All games bar Halo 3/ODST had to redownload. No idea why. 343 patches be crazy. Must be some backend stuff.

Or just a blatant refusal to compress files 

If they're not afraid of pushing out patches of that size, I guess it's not actually beyond the realm of possibility of them adding new cosmetics to all the games when new seasons come around. Archaic tag system of the Blam! engine be damned.

Get ready for armor effects in CE, lads. :walshy:

40 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

If they're not afraid of pushing out patches of that size, I guess it's not actually beyond the realm of possibility of them adding new cosmetics to all the games when new seasons come around. Archaic tag system of the Blam! engine be damned.

Get ready for armor effects in CE, lads. :walshy:

Pretty sure they already announced there won't be any seasons for CE and probably also H2.

4 hours ago, Basu said:

Pretty sure they already announced there won't be any seasons for CE and probably also H2.

There’s nothing about CE that’s customizable, and I think h2 is in the same boat no? 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

There’s nothing about CE that’s customizable, and I think h2 is in the same boat no? 

PLAYABLE ELITES MATE.

10 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Are you sure you played MCC? You are aware that there is no spread on 2v2 on MCC currently right?

The question was if it’s like that on Xbox. 

37 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

PLAYABLE ELITES MATE.

That’s not what I meant by customization. I don’t even count playable elites as customization since it doesn’t fit that category actually. It’s an entirely different player model, hit box and everything. Customization is like changing the helmet, skin, etc. basically that’s just pick a character. 

6 hours ago, Basu said:

The announcement, unless I missed something, was that seasons weren't tied to games. So Season 1 doesn't end when CE comes out, Season 2 doesn't  end when H2 comes out, etc. So there should still be multiple seasons, we just don't really know the duration or what the perks to earn would be.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

43 minutes ago, Arlong said:

That’s not what I meant by customization. I don’t even count playable elites as customization since it doesn’t fit that category actually. It’s an entirely different player model, hit box and everything. Customization is like changing the helmet, skin, etc. basically that’s just pick a character. 

The only customization for Halo 2 back in the day was your symbol and then your primary and secondary colours.

OH AND YOU COULD ALSO CHOOSE TO PLAY HUMAN OR ELITE.

• Simms (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Arlong said:

You know I’ve said this before but the reason McC sniper is probably easier, is because of the Xbox one controller(which let’s be honest it’s way better than the OG one in every way, and the 60fps+(60 only on console). In h3 it was harder to snipe on 360, but it’s way easier on McC because of the 60fps and controller(many will say 360 was better but that’s just the bumpers I’d say the analog sticks are better on the one. 

That is A reason. It is not THE reason.