CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Halo-CE-Screenshot-5.png

Halo-Combat-Evolved-Screenshot-1.jpg

Yeah this is just so dark I can't see a thing. Nothing stands out. 

Yeah when you play the game chill out don’t look like that. And I’ve got my brightness up high too

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 3

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

Yeah when you play the game chill out don’t look like that. And I’ve got my brightness up high too

Try opening your eyes first, usually helps.

• Salt (-1) 1

I don't think it's necessarily the visibility but more so the fact you can die so fast and without any idea where you were getting shot from at times. Sometimes I find myself just dropping dead without any real visual feedback as to what just happened. 

Bro mine looks exactly like that. Have you ever used the "Calibrate TV" function in your Xbox settings? Is your TV in Cinema mode? I've legit never heard your complaint about CE from anyone before.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Bro mine looks exactly like that. Have you ever used the "Calibrate TV" function in your Xbox settings? Is your TV in Cinema mode? I've legit never heard your complaint about CE from anyone before.

Because I’m no CE D rider -_-

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 4

6 hours ago, Arlong said:

Thats ur shit ass monitor. Or eyes. Cant really tell from here

• Like (+1) 2

If you can see clearly in 360p on an old ass CRT then it has to be your monitor considering the game is in HD now lol

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

Thats ur shit ass monitor. Or eyes. Cant really tell from here

I have a benq 24 Inch on game mode, that map in particular doesn’t look at bright and clear as day. I have glasses which provide me pretty good vision. Man CE d riders hate it when someone says something bad about their beloved game. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

8 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

If you can see clearly in 360p on an old ass CRT then it has to be your monitor considering the game is in HD now lol

Never said I can’t see on the map, it’s certain instances where seeing an opponent is difficult. It’s not as clear as say h3. Heck’s h2 suffers from this as well, as the darker colors do that. I’m not saying I can’t see people period just not as easily as I can in most games. Y’all take things too literally.

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I have a benq 24 Inch on game mode, that map in particular doesn’t look at bright and clear as day. I have glasses which provide me pretty good vision. Man CE d riders hate it when someone says something bad about their beloved game. 

I'm fine with people complaining about valid issues with H1 because there are many. You make up silly claims that makes me doubt you're even playing it and instead trolling this thread because you've found we will all bite

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'm fine with people complaining about valid issues with H1 because there are many. You make up silly claims that makes me doubt you're even playing it and instead trolling this thread because you've found we will all bite

Lol a little bit of trolling, but overall I’m deep down not a fan of the game. The issues of the game(to me) are just too much to ignore. The visuals aren’t as clear(when I say clear I mean h3 levels of clear ok)  though this depends on the map, I’m not a fan of some of the gameplay elements such as jump delay and fall damage. The weapon balance I’m cool with, but the design on some of the maps I also dislike. I don’t really like chill out or damnaition, in fact I really hate Dammy. 30 second rocket spawns really irks me in fact rockets irks me in general when they’re so fast/strong where dodging them is next to impossible. And it’s in a 2v2 environment

20 minutes ago, Arlong said:

it has nothing to do with ce d riders. ur just saying something objectively false. like shekkles said, the average map brightness is probably 2nd in the series out of 7 total games. 

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:
17 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I don’t really like chill out or damnaition, in fact I really hate Dammy. 30 second rocket spawns really irks me in fact rockets irks me in general when they’re so fast/strong where dodging them is next to impossible.

checks out. rockets spawn on 2min timers on chill out and dammy, and aren't even on derelict right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Lol a little bit of trolling, but overall I’m deep down not a fan of the game. The issues of the game(to me) are just too much to ignore. The visuals aren’t as clear(when I say clear I mean h3 levels of clear ok)  though this depends on the map, I’m not a fan of some of the gameplay elements such as jump delay and fall damage. The weapon balance I’m cool with, but the design on some of the maps I also dislike. I don’t really like chill out or damnaition, in fact I really hate Dammy. 30 second rocket spawns really irks me in fact rockets irks me in general when they’re so fast/strong where dodging them is next to impossible. And it’s in a 2v2 environment

- It's fine to not be a fan. It's old and a lot of my best memories with it are not ever going to happen for people like you
- What do you mean by "visuals arent clear" ?
- Jump delay and fall damage sucks. 
- The map design is very strange
- 30s rocket spawn is only on Derelict but not in the current build of MCC H1. All other maps it's 2 minutes.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Riddler said:

it has nothing to do with ce d riders. ur just saying something objectively false. like shekkles said, the average map brightness is probably 2nd in the series out of 7 total games. 

Halo 4 is no. 1. 

gallery_1_204_443719.png

COMPLEX.jpg?width=1280

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

map design is strange Kappa

Chillout? Plaza

Pris? unique, there's some forgemaps that play similar like vessel from halo3. (Be on top where the goodies are and spawn kill). 

Derelict? Zealot

Hang em? can only exist in h3 because it relies on projectile. in the essence that you're just throwing bodies to try and take over a base there's plenty of forge maps and longshore.  

Creek? is literally in 2 other halos and considered a great map so idk. 

Damnaton? The pit

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Halo 4 is no. 1. 

gallery_1_204_443719.png

COMPLEX.jpg?width=1280

giphy.gif

AVERAGE

gallery_1_204_526195.png

jason-bretz-abandon-001.jpg?1520789308

shatter_env_4.jpg

Though getting these images, it's a lot of brightness and darkness. maybe the average of parts of the maps will make it rise. 

34 minutes ago, Riddler said:

checks out. rockets spawn on 2min timers on chill out and dammy, and aren't even on derelict right now. 

Yeah that’s obviously not the current case. The 2 minutes. Otherwise it’s quite strange that the whole game is involving that particular weapon and to be fair when playing doubles I got damn nation a lot, and boy is that map annoying. 

14 minutes ago, Riddler said:

map design is strange Kappa

Chillout? Plaza

Pris? unique, there's some forgemaps that play similar like vessel from halo3. (Be on top where the goodies are and spawn kill). 

Derelict? Zealot

Hang em? can only exist in h3 because it relies on projectile. in the essence that you're just throwing bodies to try and take over a base there's plenty of forge maps and longshore.  

Creek? is literally in 2 other halos and considered a great map so idk. 

Damnaton? The pit

I like creek but I dislike the others. Hang em gigh, prisoner, damnation, chill out. Derelict is ok, but still not a fan. 

13 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Yeah that’s obviously not the current case. The 2 minutes. Otherwise it’s quite strange that the whole game is involving that particular weapon and to be fair when playing doubles I got damn nation a lot, and boy is that map annoying. 

It doesn’t revolve around that weapon though. I think chillout is the only map where rockets are the clear advantage. I’d gladly take camo/snipe on top damny than have rocks. I’d rather have top control and OS on pris than rocks on bottom. Don’t get me wrong. Rockets are super powerful and definitely worth having but in many cases they aren’t even the top priority on the map.

11 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

It doesn’t revolve around that weapon though. I think chillout is the only map where rockets are the clear advantage. I’d gladly take camo/snipe on top damny than have rocks. I’d rather have top control and OS on pris than rocks on bottom. Don’t get me wrong. Rockets are super powerful and definitely worth having but in many cases they aren’t even the top priority on the map.

The thing is they do a lot still. In doubles rockets are more effective. Unlike other halo games these aren’t really dodge able. 

This is basically a meme now

• Like (+1) 4

I actually do think of CE as a "dark" Halo game since some of the first maps that come to mind are Dammy, Boarding, and Derelict, which use darker colors than some maps in other Halos and I played PC with the brightness on my laptop screen turned down lower than average.

So I could kinda see that view if it was left at that, but I've never had problems with seeing player models, they pop out clearly and the visual clarity with them is great. And even if I don't think further than Dammy, BA, and Derelict when I think of my impression of CE (it's just my impression that comes to mind), if I did I would remember BC, HnH, Priz, Wizard, Gulch, and some of the PC BTB maps and recognize that there were plenty of "bright" maps as well. And even if I just left things at "CE is dark" I'm still not sure why anyone would say that the visuals aren't clear.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I literally also have a benq 24 inch and have never had this kind of complaint ever with CE.

• Thonking (+0) 1