CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Even if I was blatantly mocking them, so what? I stated an objective fact.

That really doesn't excuse mocking still.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, RevanYaEngine said:

Yeah I played prior to this update and it’s like a night and day difference.  It just feels so inconsistent and restrictive. I just wanted to give a heads up to those playing post update so they don’t get confused, it’s not your controller.

Can confirm the aiming in CE now feels like dogshit. How do these things happen?!

6 minutes ago, Ember Celica said:

That really doesn't excuse mocking still.

I don't mock people for preferences. I never have.

Speaking of CE nades: the only one I looked up and learned was how to nade snipe to the corner of top blue on Hang 'Em High. I learned this some time last year on MCC, but I find that I can't figure out how to consistently hit it on PC because my reticule size is bigger than the gap between the two lights on the base you use to line up the nade (on Xbox, the reticule fits within the two lights with room to spare if you were to put the reticule right in the middle of the two lights). Would this change in perspective be because I'm playing on a smaller monitor (17" laptop versus 24" monitor for Xbox), 110 FOV, and/or something else? What can I do to make everything in the game scale the same as I see it on the various video tutorials?

Quote/tag me or PM me if you would like to join an H2C Mayhem playtesting lobby tomorrow. It's 8v8 on 4v4 maps. I need some help filling the lobby.

I mean if people want to relax just hop into anything in MCC that isn't hardcore (even hardcore if you're low level) and just smack people around assuming you're familiar with how to play. The skill matching is so bad assuming you aren't actually sitting on a 50 in a hc playlist that you can basically do whatever you want. For some reason there's always a lottt of people that look like bots and they seem to struggle with basic stuff like moving and shooting at the same time. So even if you do run into a team or something once in awhile most of your experience will be with new people

• Like (+1) 1

I love the static timers so much why is this not a thing in every Halo

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Dynamic timers : Weapon spawns :: Bloom : Precision weapons 

Reducing player agency, by making core mechanics effectively random, reduces the maximum possible skill gap, making the game more accessible and helping new players find success.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Been asking that for 16 years.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

The mexican/colombians from hpc have an honor code not to use them. Im legit searching 2v2 and they wont pick em up. Im like find then ill go 38-12 because ur too proud to use them. I dont take any satisfaction trying to outpistol/snipe people doing instant transmission every tick.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Riddler said:

The mexican/colombians from hpc have an honor code not to use them. Im legit searching 2v2 and they wont pick em up. Im like find then ill go 38-12 because ur too proud to use them. I dont take any satisfaction trying to outpistol/snipe people doing instant transmission every tick.  

Don't worry I played a social game yesterday with a friend and the opponent kept saying "Sad. Must be so sad being you." every time we killed him. After asking why he was so upset he said "Because you only teamshoot me you can't win a 1v1. Must be so sad being you."

Turns out playing a team game means I'm dishonourable by using my team. This is like those kids (I used to be one of them smh) that refused to use the shotgun because it was dishonorable yet had no issues using the sniper.

Apparently one-shotting players up close is not honourable but cross-mapping them in one shot is? Oh to be a 15 year old little shit again. Man I was dumb.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Arlong said:

Lol I can see shit on those grey Maps. In CE everything looks all dark and shit. 

i legitimately think you might be blind. its way easier to see someone than it is in cod/bf/cs/rust/tarkov/whatever. and 3/6 maps are super light. there's also a big white flash everytime someone shoots. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Arlong said:

In CE everything looks all dark and shit. 

HCE is probably the brightest of all the Halo's bar Halo 3, is your monitor or TV ok?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

HCE is probably the brightest of all the Halo's bar Halo 3, is your monitor or TV ok?

Wtf are you on? It so is not. You can look at the game in a video and can tell it’s not the brightest game ever. 

I called it, 343 is prob going to do a bulk release because if they continued the "one test a game thing" then we would be flighting H4 during Halo Infinite flights probably. 343 doesn't want Infinite flights to collide with the rest of MCC.

So here

2c6492cc307bf120f5d6992bd5fc1b7f.png

^ bottom app is H2:anniversary if you hover the mouse over it.

bfe769cd9b5bb8d269e24329988772f2.gif

BULK RELEASE BOYS. Im betting they release them all (in insider), but lock them all for testing, go one at a time. Could be wrong obviously but....

CE came out in pretty much under a month when they announced flighting. It's not too far fetched considering these games already had most done save for the PC aspects

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Wtf are you on? It so is not. You can look at the game in a video and can tell it’s not the brightest game ever. 

Halo-CE-Screenshot-5.png

Halo-Combat-Evolved-Screenshot-1.jpg

Yeah this is just so dark I can't see a thing. Nothing stands out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Are we still arguing with children about Halo games they dont actually play?  

ou1dHrV.gif

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

Did they decide to keep the zero spread on the pistol or is it back to the way it was pre flights?

In typical 343 fashion this fix was only applied to one playlist (the ranked doubles playlist)

So far I've:

Been betrayed for Overshield after shooting it down on Rat Race.  And you might be thinking "oh, he backsmacked you before you could grab it".  No, this dude straight up waited for me to take it THEN backsmacked me a few seconds later as I was walking away  Like he thought it was gonna drop from me.

Entered a melee fight with someone right on top of the Overshield at Damnation, with me grabbing OS first.  Dude says "omg how is he alive after two hits."  I try to explain to him that melee damage is based on movement, and also that I obviously had Overshield.  He responds with "only hackers defend".  Did...did I just get hackusated for winning a melee fight with OS...?

Witnessed someone say Hang em High is too big for 4v4.

Got betrayed on Damnation for a Shotgun.

If you ever wonder why Infinite is never going to resemble Ce, this is why.  

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

So far I've:

Been betrayed for Overshield after shooting it down on Rat Race.  And you might be thinking "oh, he backsmacked you before you could grab it".  No, this dude straight up waited for me to take it THEN backsmacked me a few seconds later as I was walking away  Like he thought it was gonna drop from me.

Entered a melee fight with someone right on top of the Overshield at Damnation, with me grabbing OS first.  Dude says "omg how is he alive after two hits."  I try to explain to him that melee damage is based on movement, and also that I obviously had Overshield.  He responds with "only hackers defend".  Did...did I just get hackusated for winning a melee fight with OS...?

Witnessed someone say Hang em High is too big for 4v4.

Got betrayed on Damnation for a Shotgun.

If you ever wonder why Infinite is never going to resemble Ce, this is why.  

• Like (+1) 1