CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ok I take it back when I used a controller it was way more enjoyable. Lmao fucking halo I swear. This game sucks for a pc game. The magnetism is completely different regarding mouse and key.

i hate the constant rocket abuse and sniper in this game. Like man in 2v2 it’s just not fun 

42 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ok I take it back when I used a controller it was way more enjoyable. Lmao fucking halo I swear. This game sucks for a pc game. The magnetism is completely different regarding mouse and key.

i hate the constant rocket abuse and sniper in this game. Like man in 2v2 it’s just not fun 

Yeah man those pesky kids picking up power weapons and stuff. How dare they.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

31 minutes ago, Doodlepop said:

Yeah man those pesky kids picking up power weapons and stuff. How dare they.

No it’s just the fact it’s happening the whole game. Be nice if there were pistol fights. So far I got that only on beaver creak.

@ShmaltzyLatkes well then it’s not fun then. Maybe for others, but I bet most don’t enjoy that unless you’re coming from CE. But me as a guy who enjoys h3, I just can’t bring myself to like this game. I’ve gotten the hang of the timing as well, spawns could use work on but it’s still not a game I want to put much time in. I also prefer 4v4 halo anyway, CE be a lot more enjoyable that way to me.

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

No it’s just the fact it’s happening the whole game. Be nice if there were pistol fights. So far I got that only on beaver creak.

@ShmaltzyLatkes well then it’s not fun then. Maybe for others, but I bet most don’t enjoy that unless you’re coming from CE. But me as a guy who enjoys h3, I just can’t bring myself to like this game. I’ve gotten the hang of the timing as well, spawns could use work on but it’s still not a game I want to put much time in. I also prefer 4v4 halo anyway, CE be a lot more enjoyable that way to me.

complain that reg sucks

wants more pistol fights even tho they still make up 40-70% of a game

?

also h3 kid checking in. 5WHEqHv.png

i even got almost 10,000 games now because I played a lot 2013-2014 after stat tracking

CE is fun you just cant expect to play halo3 playing halo ce. 

12 minutes ago, Arlong said:

If you have timing down, and win a few pistol fights, you’ll be right there for a brand spanking new power weapon/ power up. Then you can abuse them yourself.

If you never played CE before and you're playing against people who have, it's going to be a huge disadvantage for you. IMO CE is a very difficult game to jump into, especially when a large number of new players are jumping into the game and the players aren't at their proper rank yet.

Where as if you've never played Halo 2 but you have played Halo 3, you could pick it up and compete with the majority of the other players. But if you continue to work at CE and get better then you'll stomp kids who are clearly worse than you at the game, where as that won't always be the case in H2/H3.

The only other Halo that maybe has the same factor as CE is maybe Halo 5, but that's because of added abilities and having to adjust to sprint/thrust/etc and not necessarily bec of skill gap.

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

That's...that's the point of the game.

I had to sign in after prob a year off just to up vote this.  

I do not understand why people bitch about what makes the game great. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Arlong I feel like some of your troubles arise from the skill matching not being very good. If you watch high level players play against people at their level the vast majority of fights are still pistol v pistol. If you watch them play against people below their level they spend the majority of the match blowing them up with rockets and sniping them in the face.

As others have mentioned that’s kind’ve the point of CE 2v2. Mechanical skill only accounts for 10% of what it takes to be good. The other 90% is game sense (positioning, spawn manipulation, timing, player prediction). This separates CE from the other halos where solid mechanical skill can carry you pretty far.  Sometimes If I find myself in a game where I’m constantly getting killed by someone with rocks or camo I think “if only I could get into a pistol v pistol fight I could take them” but then I remind myself that their game sense is probably just so high above mine that they don’t have to bother getting into pistol v pistol fights with me because it’s “below them.” If I want the privilege of getting into pistol v pistol fights then I need to get the rest of my game on par with theirs. 

Also, do you use an actual timer or just the in game clock? I recommend using an actual timer if you don’t use one. It’s easy to lose track of the in game timer when you’re concentrating on shooting the opposition and the audio cues really help. The in game time also disappears in the spawn screen which can make proper timing more difficult. As it’s such a huge part of the game if you aren’t using an actual timer you run the risk of getting unnecessarily stomped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got a chance to play some doubles in the new ce playlist, not sure about pc but the aiming on Xbox feels absolutely fucked.  I had to play 10 sense just so the aiming feels consistent.

Anyone else run into this issue? I feel like I genuinely can’t play until it gets fixed. I’m so disappointed right now.

11 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Power weapon control is important in all Halos. Why is this considered abuse once the guns actually work

Because they appear every 30-60 seconds -_- and in 2v2 it’s far more effective than it is in 4s. Heck’s in most halos rockets aren’t even a weapon of choice in team doubles. 

14 minutes ago, RevanYaEngine said:

I got a chance to play some doubles in the new ce playlist, not sure about pc but the aiming on Xbox feels absolutely fucked.  I had to play 10 sense just so the aiming feels consistent.

Anyone else run into this issue? I feel like I genuinely can’t play until it gets fixed. I’m so disappointed right now.

Is this something you noticed with the recent update? I’m updating now and was planning to run some CE. I haven’t noticed any weird aiming the last few months.

3 minutes ago, Doodlepop said:

Is this something you noticed with the recent update? I’m updating now and was planning to run some CE. I haven’t noticed any weird aiming the last few months.

Yeah I played prior to this update and it’s like a night and day difference.  It just feels so inconsistent and restrictive. I just wanted to give a heads up to those playing post update so they don’t get confused, it’s not your controller.

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

Power weapon control is important in all Halos. Why is this considered abuse once the guns actually work

Because in CE a player has responsibilities at all times, fast-paced shit that is unique among all Halo games.

If I'm in the mood to play Halo but not take it seriously, I hop on H2, because I know that game has a lot more downtime and spoonfed encounters/mechanics. CE isn't like that, and most Halo players are uncomfortable with that expectation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Because in CE a player has responsibilities at all times, fast-paced shit that is unique among all Halo games.

If I'm in the mood to play Halo but not take it seriously, I hop on H2, because I know that game has a lot more downtime and spoonfed encounters/mechanics. CE isn't like that, and most Halo players are uncomfortable with that expectation.

I think it’s just nice not to deal with power ups and weapons the whole game 

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This really makes it rough for new players, especially nowadays, considering a large majority of players are old farts who know how to play. If there's no party restrictions in this playlist, RIP any solo q new players.

15 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I think it’s just nice not to deal with power ups and weapons the whole game 

That's pretty much what I was getting at.

1 minute ago, Exidrion said:

This really makes it rough for new players, especially nowadays, considering a large majority of players are old farts who know how to play. If there's no party restrictions in this playlist, RIP any solo q new players.

This was always going to be a problem regardless because of the low population, which will inevitably tail off into a whole lot of nothing as time goes on for reasons unrelated to this. There already weren't enough people playing Reach to reasonably sustain a 1-50 system, in CE? Forget about it.

20 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That's pretty much what I was getting at.

Lol but you’re blatantly mocking those that prefer that and think they’re lesser skilled. 

2 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Mechanical skill only accounts for 10% of what it takes to be good. The other 90% is game sense (positioning, spawn manipulation, timing, player prediction).

10% fun, 90% homework

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

10% fun, 90% homework

Halo comp community: Slayer is a brain dead game mode.

Also Halo comp scene: CE 2v2 requires too much thinking. Me no likey. 

Haha. What can I say man? Some people like homework.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

I mean I feel like there's a middle ground in here....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, LI Mr X IL said:

Absolutely. There is definitely a balance that can be found here though.

Some dude sitting top in dammy nading sniper, camo and rocket to themselves every 60 seconds and spawn killing people over and over does not make the spawn killed players think "ah, this is my fault, I should learn the spawn system."

I don't particularly want to spend 12 hours learning how to nade powerups and weapons to me or watch in-depth 20 minute videos on how the spawns work. If I was competing in a tournament or trying to rank higher then 100% I'd be into that. But I'm not. I'm matchmaking with some mates in 4s and having a couple beers. I ain't doing no homework.

There's no doubt that CE requires more homework to compete at a baseline level with experienced players. But you do it one time. It's not like Smite or League where you consistently have to memorize every item, every character, and they all change every update.

Ffs there's like 7 maps and less than 30 spawns on all of them. 5min on Halospawns on each map and you'll know the randoms and how to give certain spawns. Learn a few nade tricks per map and practice them in social 4's to lock in the muscle memory. Boom. Baseline competency forever. It's some work up front, no doubt. But you learn it once and you can always use it. Then once it's a natural part of your game, and you play other people who also know this stuff, and you get an experience that's deeper, faster, and more cerebral than any Halo after it.

@Shekkles there's quite a bit wrong with that post. I'm not sure if you were being literal with the Dammy example or just exaggerating, but those are bad examples. I highly doubt he was doing all those things on that map. Even if he was, might I suggest looking at camo at the top of every minute?

The videos on halonades.com are legitimately like 15 seconds each. Hell, just look at the stand, prep, and throw screenshots and you won't even need to watch a video. It's not an overwhelming amount of work, I promise.  Learn a camo nade on Dammy. Learn a snipe nade on Hang Em. It'll change the map for you, and it's not that hard. 5min with your internet browser up in a custom and you'll forever be better at that map.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1