CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Who the hell decided the map weighting in MCC? 

I don't know why you need someone to spell it out for you, 343i, but no one is booting up H2C FFA at 10:30PM to play on fucking Foundation or Tombstone. 

I swear, I've played Foundation, Gemini, or Tombstone alone more than I've played Sanc, Lockout, Midship, and Warlock combined.

343i, people lose patience with MCC when you force them to play absolute dogshit or dashboard out every other game. For the love of god, add the custom browser or add veto. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, boogerman said:

i donno im happy with what 343 gave us plays pretty dandy. sure beats playing 30 fps on xbox version and mouse and keyboard is more fun and skilled. after playing halo ce on pc version for years, this is really nice to play with 60 fps animations and bullets that dont have 3 second bullet lag. also no spread is really cool too. yeah i think custom browser would be nice and most pc games should have it

Be nice if the animations could exceed 60. 

Playing CE reminds me why I like Halo. I liked Reach more than others but god did that game get annoying really fast. At least with CE shit makes sense. I find myself screaming "WTF WHY DID THAT HAPPEN?" a lot less, and "WTF THEY HAVE ROCKETS CAMO AGAIN?" A lot more.

And well at least for one of those I can have some sort of effect on if it happens to me or not.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Who the hell decided the map weighting in MCC? 

Are you saying you don't like playing Condemned 15 times in a row?

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Played some rounds with mates. There is nothing like this trilogy game with friends. It's just so unique. The yelling and banter, the snipes and noscopes, the last second caps.

I love it so much. I love everyone here sharing it as well. Even when we're just bitching. This series rocks.

I feel like people forget this during the bitching sometimes, lol.

6 hours ago, boogerman said:

i donno im happy with what 343 gave us plays pretty dandy. sure beats playing 30 fps on xbox version and mouse and keyboard is more fun and skilled. after playing halo ce on pc version for years, this is really nice to play with 60 fps animations and bullets that dont have 3 second bullet lag. also no spread is really cool too. yeah i think custom browser would be nice and most pc games should have it

i still dont get how they didnt just get chimera in

someone ELI5

1 hour ago, Ember Celica said:

I feel like people forget this during the bitching sometimes, lol.

Because they never refine they only change and it's so frustrating!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Because they never refine they only change and it's so frustrating!

Some of us don’t have friends that play halo. In fact all my friends play LOL and I don’t. Any game can be fun, but if I can’t enjoy a game when solo then it’s a bad game to me.

6 hours ago, Arlong said:

Some of us don’t have friends that play halo. In fact all my friends play LOL and I don’t. Any game can be fun, but if I can’t enjoy a game when solo then it’s a bad game to me.

Ok

I solo Halo 1 all the time. If you don't enjoy the game you don't enjoy it. That's why MCC is awesome, you can just uncheck H1

• Upvote (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I solo Halo 1 all the time. If you don't enjoy the game you don't enjoy it. That's why MCC is awesome, you can just uncheck H1

Oh I enjoy halo 1 I was just making a point that not everything is good. And coming from a guy who does lans of the game all the time that’s an obvious one. And also I can uncheck h1 to play bloom festive reach? Good one mate. 

I'd say the worse thing about solo queue PC in the 2v2 playlist rn is the usual skill level of the players in the game. I've pretty often ran into games where I'll go something like 40-15 and lose 50-49 because it just can't seem to get skill matching to work in an enjoyable way. Sure the game was close but in those instances you can tell I was a lot better than the other team and the other team was a lot better than my teammate. Looks balanced on paper but the actual experience for my team is a bad one for both of us when its all said and done

Its not even bad at that point because of the loss its more about the fact that I was just bored the whole time and my teammate is just getting destroyed by people clearly way better than he/she is. H5 would create similar matches all the time and I'm sure to the math/stats guy that looks like an appropriately balanced game if you just pretend that enjoyment of said game doesn't matter. I think this is just so much more prevalent in CE because of just how hard you can snowball players that don't contest weapons/power ups or understand spawns.

edit: 8879654539b1457b8224122d8936066f.png

This just happened after I posted what I did. Tashi's teammate seems to have gotten upset and just hid giving him bad spawns after the game didn't really go so well. Really wish this didn't happen. We're all just trying to play the game and there's no way that this isn't happening to everyone. I almost think it would somehow turn out better if we could just choose our MMR before starting MM rather than having the game try and figure it out. I'm sure you'd have people griefing if you could do that but its not like we're getting good games usually anyways

damnation never gets played now. i think maybe all the complaining about that map in reach so they made it removed or never play in ce? also no rat race

There's a lot I like about CE but the jump delay, nuclear warhead grenades and terrible map selection make it very tedious after a few games.

11 minutes ago, Riddler said:

The nades are the best part. 

Tell that to Longest

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

Tell that to Longest

Imagine if everyone spawned with 4 nades like in 2v2 on longest. 

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Imagine if everyone spawned with 4 nades like in 2v2 on longest. 

They basically do because people die before they throw nades so they pick them up from the bodies

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

There's a lot I like about CE but the jump delay, nuclear warhead grenades and terrible map selection make it very tedious after a few games.

From a sandbox and map item perspective it's so far ahead of all the other games its not even funny. Having everything on fast static timers & starting with a lethal weapon is so damn fun. But the issues you mentioned, the shit spawns in 4v4+ and the netcode make it hard to grind the game for hours on end. There are a lot of little things that add up over time and grind your gears.

• Fire (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Basu said:

From a sandbox and map item perspective it's so far ahead of all the other games its not even funny. Having everything on fast static timers & starting with a lethal weapon is so damn fun. But the issues you mentioned, the shit spawns in 4v4+ and the netcode make it hard to grind the game for hours on end. There are a lot of little things that add up over time and grind your gears.

I jump, there's a delay to start the jump and then it's a 20 minute wait until I can control my character again. Man I miss Halo 2's movement.

• Like (+1) 1

Man this games movement sucks ass. Wish I could dodge a rocket. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

God CE is hot fucking garbage. 90 ping, terrible movement etc. gosh can they hurry up on halo 3 already!  Hit reg in general is complete ass even in the doubles playlist