CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Not related to the current topic, but the main reason Halo 3's shooting feels like unresponsive garbage is because of Halo 3's weird aim system, not because of projectile bullets. 

I don't necessarily advocate for projectile, but the amount of people complaining about H3's BR and not about the aim system is too high. 

55 minutes ago, Basu said:

It's neither, it's the garbage spread coupled with questionable netcode. The aiming isn't great but unlike H5's it's consistently bad and not bad and inconsistent on top of that. Projectile is not an issue by itself, that's just the shitty netcode again.

And now in MCC, on top of shitty netcode, we also have this new BS where your shots seem to travel slower when you’re zoomed in. That severely fucks the shooting in H3, and it doesn’t get brought up enough. We never used to have to lead this much on OG.

5 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Why would we need polls to remove spread from the CE magnum? I can absolutely guarantee nobody would notice the difference.

Yep. If they stealth-patched NS into social, twitter and waypoint would explode with positive reviews about better hit reg.

• Like (+1) 6

45 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Why would we need polls to remove spread from the CE magnum? I can absolutely guarantee nobody would notice the difference.

It’s because these scrubs think the pistol be more powerful than it is. They don’t know what they want. Also I noticed that in h1 doubles the plasma rifle has that stun effect but in social it does not. 

Thoughts after playing this morning some is generally just how random the pistol feels with spread and that ogre 1 is still pretty good even from Australia. The old sounds are nice, the new medals wouldn't turn off no matter which setting I used and the performance of the game itself seemed to be perfect (as it should be with its age). HeH CTF is unsurprisingly still a disaster. It feels REALLY weird spawning without grenades 

I'm actually not even sure why this is a flight. Its at least on par with every other version of CE on MCC that they've made public (to be fair that isn't really saying a lot unfortunately) despite some small bugs and some not quite so small differences like every other build we've played. I suppose I don't mind that they're trying to make sure it works though if they really want the game to feel "right" they're a long long way away

More in depth about to pistol feeling so bad/random - Its just the Halo 3 effect. A combination of horrendous registration and spread leaves people feeling like they don't even know what their bullets are doing and many become confused assuming everyone is eating when they're missing and assume they're missing when they're eating. Its hilarious in an awful kind of way. It really erodes people's understanding of what's happening on their screen and hurts people trying to learn

• Like (+1) 2

It's really sad (and somewhat symbolic) how people are complaining about the removal of spread from a utility weapon in 2020. 

Sometimes, I let myself wonder how much better Halo games would be if developers could innovate and fine-tune a game competitively without fear of alienating the mass crowd of thumbless, reflex-less monkeys who pick up the game for two months to play the campaign and then forget about it to and go play RDR2.

To quote @Hully, time is a flat circle. 

• Like (+1) 4

Maybe y'all get now why I stan for Halo 4 ProMod. No spread on precision weapons, reduced aim assist, nearly instant strafe acceleration. The wonders of Megalo gametype scripting were not used enough in Reach and 4.

I have the gametypes on MCC. Play it with me. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

Maybe y'all get now why I stan for Halo 4 ProMod. No spread on precision weapons, reduced aim assist, nearly instant strafe acceleration. The wonders of Megalo gametype scripting were not used enough in Reach and 4.

I have the gametypes on MCC. Play it with me. :kappa:

Ugly looking everything, limited maps and modes, no descope, etc. I'll pass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Snipe Three, I think the wonky bullet magnetism is much more to blame for the pistol’s inconsistency than either the spread or the hit reg. It’s just a total crapshoot whether the game is going to bend your bullet or not. It’s different for every opponent. Some people just seem to repel magnetism.

5 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

I think polls are fine when it comes to social playlists and settings because that really is just about fun and what the masses there are actually enjoying. Its far easier to update a ranked niche game like Halo CE though because most of us that would actually get on and play can agree on things like this being an improvement without any real hassle because the things we want and look for as competitive minded players mostly regardless of actual talent/skill levels are often pretty universal if we're speaking very broadly even if they are a bit divorced from what the casual crowd would want or think of. I'm sure we could all find some specific thing to argue over but nobody will argue in good faith for random bullets when it comes to that crowd unless they have some sort of vested interest in maintaining the status quo 

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@Snipe Three, I think the wonky bullet magnetism is much more to blame for the pistol’s inconsistency than either the spread or the hit reg. It’s just a total crapshoot whether the game is going to bend your bullet or not. It’s different for every opponent. Some people just seem to repel magnetism.

Anti-aim was a fun glitch while it lasted.

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

So Is this a bullet magnetism issue on McC CE part

Partly. In my opinion, mostly. You're supposed to shoot with the edges of your reticle for maximum consistency in CE. You're supposed to manipulate the bullet magnetism to curve your bullets into your enemy. But often in CE, you'll have red reticle on your enemy, leading them perfectly with the back side of the reticle, and you'll see your shots come out inside your reticle (or even worse, behind them), like the game doesn't even know the reticle is red. Since that's the way you're supposed to shoot, that's what screws me over the most.

The other thing that screws up is center reticle shooting. Not only will the game not curve shit to help you out sometimes in this instance, but spread will also go bonkers and send the bullets in some wacky ass directions. I think, when you shoot at max RoF, the game believes you're holding in the trigger when you're not. When you hold in the trigger, the game puts insane spread on your pistol. I find that this happens less frequently when I pace my shots, but that isn't a reliable solution. If your opponent isn't getting magnetism or spread issues against you, he'll out-DPS you all game long. And that's not even factoring in how, against some opponents, you can already be hit twice before the game bothers to even tell you.

Leading with edges only works far range. U want to be dead center on mcc. Even on og u want to be close to dead center. 

i think a lot of people’s problem is that ce has no head magnetism. In halo2+ there is. That means if the bullet would be able to curve into the head or into the shoulder, it picks the head in h2+ and whatever is literally the closest in ce.  In h2+ u aim at the chin but in ce this will count as shoulder shots the majority of the time. You have to be a few pixels above the shoulder line when going for the headshot

With ce there is definitely a magnetism problem. There are plenty of games where its 30-10 and the other team stands still and i dont get any mag and cant even hit them unless dead center. 

But there is also has a host problem. Whoever is assigned host (not even host) gets smaller hitboxes. It happens on dedis.  Now host feels the most like OG. it makes games unfair because 1 guy is always at half strength. And this isnt just me, its coming from people like twisted and pp9 who are masochists and enjoy mcc. They just deal with the bullshit

Too many times i puke when i see my snipe reg when im trailing behind them. I get so many 3s. At least 5 per game excluding pris which is more. I just played og yesterday and I got about 1 3shot per game and got 3 shot less than 3x per game. Now some of that is the pr working better on chilly or rockets being more prevalent in the meta since snipe is 5x harder.  Getting 3shot on hangem is so rare because of the distance yet happens so much on mcc.

Back to snipe. Snipe changes the game so much. Camo snipe on rockets is a better choice than rockets on chillout unless the rocket team playa really really lame and even then its not like a 100:0 situation. Snipe on hangem eliminates the tug of war for camo control. You just sit on a base and snipe and hope you win vs their snipe and pick off camo guy. Derelict has no focus on rockets. Dammy plays even more campy because of spawn sounds and footsteps these headsets let you abuse. Pris plays alright but its pistol heavy and the pistol only works for 3/4 people in the game

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to see Halo 3's spread removed and then a slight decrease in bullet velocity. Very slight.

Also can they just put Halo 2's movement in Halo 1. thx.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I'd love to see Halo 3's spread removed and then a slight decrease in bullet velocity. Very slight.

Also can they just put Halo 2's movement in Halo 1. thx.

What’s so good about h2 movement 

11 hours ago, Riddler said:

Leading with edges only works far range. U want to be dead center on mcc. Even on og u want to be close to dead center. 

i think a lot of people’s problem is that ce has no head magnetism. In halo2+ there is. That means if the bullet would be able to curve into the head or into the shoulder, it picks the head in h2+ and whatever is literally the closest in ce.  In h2+ u aim at the chin but in ce this will count as shoulder shots the majority of the time. You have to be a few pixels above the shoulder line when going for the headshot

With ce there is definitely a magnetism problem. There are plenty of games where its 30-10 and the other team stands still and i dont get any mag and cant even hit them unless dead center. 

But there is also has a host problem. Whoever is assigned host (not even host) gets smaller hitboxes. It happens on dedis.  Now host feels the most like OG. it makes games unfair because 1 guy is always at half strength. And this isnt just me, its coming from people like twisted and pp9 who are masochists and enjoy mcc. They just deal with the bullshit

Too many times i puke when i see my snipe reg when im trailing behind them. I get so many 3s. At least 5 per game excluding pris which is more. I just played og yesterday and I got about 1 3shot per game and got 3 shot less than 3x per game. Now some of that is the pr working better on chilly or rockets being more prevalent in the meta since snipe is 5x harder.  Getting 3shot on hangem is so rare because of the distance yet happens so much on mcc.

Back to snipe. Snipe changes the game so much. Camo snipe on rockets is a better choice than rockets on chillout unless the rocket team playa really really lame and even then its not like a 100:0 situation. Snipe on hangem eliminates the tug of war for camo control. You just sit on a base and snipe and hope you win vs their snipe and pick off camo guy. Derelict has no focus on rockets. Dammy plays even more campy because of spawn sounds and footsteps these headsets let you abuse. Pris plays alright but its pistol heavy and the pistol only works for 3/4 people in the game

I think this is a good lesson in that CE is a very, very delicately balanced game. Everything in that game plays into everything else, and when something is even slightly thrown out of wack, it can set the whole experience back far more than any other Halo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Arlong said:

What’s so good about h2 movement 

It's very responsive. Fastest strafe accel in Halo and the quickest response time of any game in the franchise. Good jump arcs. 

• Like (+1) 7

34 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

It's very responsive. Fastest strafe accel in Halo and the quickest response time of any game in the franchise. Good jump arcs. 

Hmm guess it’s not as noticeable because of how easy h2 BR is

• Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Hmm guess it’s not as noticeable because of how easy h2 BR is

If you have MCC loaded, go load up a custom game and just jump around a map like Chillout in Halo 1. Just do it for like a minute, then switch out and load up a custom game on Lockout, Halo 2. Do the same and you will notice it very quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

whAT how the FUCK does the BR being easy have ANYTHING to do with the movement being smooth and responsive

your brain is a fucking raisin arlong

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Not going to lie - one of the big reasons why I never got into competitive H1 was because of the movement. It's just bad compared to every other entry.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

If you have MCC loaded, go load up a custom game and just jump around a map like Chillout in Halo 1. Just do it for like a minute, then switch out and load up a custom game on Lockout, Halo 2. Do the same and you will notice it very quickly.

Dude halo 1 has terrible movement, and animations. That game isn’t the best comparison to use. I’d think you’d of used a game like h3.

• WutFace (+0) 1

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude halo 1 has terrible movement, and animations. That game isn’t the best comparison to use. I’d think you’d of used a game like h3.

That's... literally his point. H2's movement is so smooth and fluid compared to everything else, especially CE. Which is why the suggestion of just copy-pasting the H2 movement values to CE was made (after removing spread in all gametypes and jump delay were already suggested.)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Basu said:

That's... literally his point. H2's movement is so smooth and fluid compared to everything else, especially CE. Which is why the suggestion of just copy-pasting the H2 movement values to CE was made (after removing spread in all gametypes and jump delay were already suggested.)

It’s not really fair to use a game that was released in 01, that has jump delay, bad movement animations, strafe accel etc. it’s obviously way noticeable. I just said he should of used h3 as an example, since like I said, I don’t notice a lick of difference between the two regarding movement. And Has the jump delay ever been patched? Because from my experience on custom edition it never has outside of spv3.

lmao in halo 1 it looks like people are sliding on the map sometimes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1