CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Lol. Halo 1 is so brutal it's almost impossible to improve solo because each level of skill completely obliterates the one below it.

Can't even try and play it seriously as the ping fucks me so hard on the flight. CE is unplayable past 100 ping lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always felt like MCC CE 2s is probably some of the most bullshit online gameplay ever. I've beaten some of the best players ever easily and known something couldn't be right and turned around and lost to people that are totally immortal no matter what you do sometimes even including shooting them with a rocket. Its definitely not to be taken seriously but it is fun to play with a friend 

46 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Lol. Halo 1 is so brutal it's almost impossible to improve solo because each level of skill completely obliterates the one below it.

You can move up a tier or two without even playing the game by learning spawns and a few nade tricks.

• Like (+1) 2

Just fyi this was going in before the  youtube video from yesterday. If u want no spread in h3 or reach, go submit feedback somehow. Even if its just by tweeting postums

• Fire (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

You can move up a tier or two without even playing the game by learning spawns and a few nade tricks.

If it launches ok (the flights fix the problems) then I will comb through those videos with my brother so we can duo it up. Halo 1 has some things I really don't like but overall it's a solid game and I like it a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

I asked Tashi about the spread issue. Not sure why it’s only under doubles, why wouldn’t this be a game wide fix?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

So are they gonna fix the spread for everything to make it resemble OG Xbox 

Not if there is no feedback thats its wanted. 

Are the starting/secondary weapon options new? There's also a "random" option that I don't remember ever being there.

7Yu3ohC.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I feel social plays better, than earlier. My shots are connecting. 

The updated no spread setting aren't in social.

As far as the actual no spread gameplay, it is definitely a big improvement. All bloom and spread is removed which means you can hold the trigger down on the pistol and it will fire 100% straight. This is a big step in the right direction towards fixing the mess that is H1 on MCC. Every battle feels consistent now. You shoot straight no matter what now. 

You guys will like this a lot, trust me. Next major fix needed is to remove the host netcode that 1 player gets every game that makes that person have way less magnetism and have to lead way more. This is what causes the difference between a great registration game then a shit registration game right after. Even though everything is on dedicated servers, 1 player is getting zoom in sounds on guns while other 3 players have no weapon zoom sounds. If you host a custom game, only the host has zoom in sounds as well.

I believe that gearbox implemented harder shooting mechanics for host players on Halo 1 PC. Even though matchmaking on MCC is dedicated servers, 1 player is still getting different/harder magnetism and leading values. Anytime you have zoom sound in Halo 1, you will have a harder time shooting. This is why custom games are largely unplayable for MCC players.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Of course it's in the competitive playlist only, so you can't fucking test it without someone taking your head off.

Look for the h1_2v2_team_slayer_50points_noError.bin file in Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection Flighting\halo1\hopper_game_variants\. Then you can drag it into the game_variants folder and play it normally in customs. It doesn't have a different name, it will be the regular "Team Slayer" gametype at the very end of the list of built-in variants.

• Fire (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nokt said:

I asked Tashi about the spread issue. Not sure why it’s only under doubles, why wouldn’t this be a game wide fix?

This update really needs to be permanently applied to all of CE. 

• Like (+1) 3

While I disagree and would prefer no-spread too, the argument against it is that they intend to fix the underlying issue at some point, and if they change social to no-spread now, it'll create a divide in the community when they revert it to the now-fixed OG mechanic.

It makes sense, but I'd rather just have no-spread anyways (idgaf about legacy, I just want whatever is best), and it sucks enduring shitty settings while we wait around to fix the real issue, especially when a better alternative is readily available.

Edit: We could eventually get no-spread in social, but it would have to be after the fix comes out, and it would have to win in community-wide polls against kids that think the pistol is already OP. It could happen though. What sucks about that possibility is that it would mean any time spent on fixing the spread issue would essentially be wasted bc we wouldn't be using it anyways, and we could have been satisfied starting now.

Yeah no spread is a...

No brainier

I can settle for comp/customs only (would prefer universal), just don't remove it as an option. Having no-spread officially in MCC CE makes me even more hopeful for that Custom Edition support. I really want to play good CE on NHE maps.

• Like (+1) 1

If we have a simple option to turn spread off in CE, I'm curious if the same toggle is available in h3. 

If so, why the fuck is that game's biggest issue left alone when the fix is simply flipping a switch. 

• Like (+1) 7

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

While I disagree and would prefer no-spread too, the argument against it is that they intend to fix the underlying issue at some point, and if they change social to no-spread now, it'll create a divide in the community when they revert it to the now-fixed OG mechanic.

It makes sense, but I'd rather just have no-spread anyways (idgaf about legacy, I just want whatever is best), and it sucks enduring shitty settings while we wait around to fix the real issue, especially when a better alternative is readily available.

Edit: We could eventually get no-spread in social, but it would have to be after the fix comes out, and it would have to win in community-wide polls against kids that think the pistol is already OP. It could happen though. What sucks about that possibility is that it would mean any time spent on fixing the spread issue would essentially be wasted bc we wouldn't be using it anyways, and we could have been satisfied starting now.

Welp looks like we’re out of luck then. The social kids are the ones that think bloom and pacing is a good balancing mechanic when it’s not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

If we have a simple option to turn spread off in CE, I'm curious if the same toggle is available in h3. 

If so, why the fuck is that game's biggest issue left alone when the fix is simply flipping a switch. 

I've been saying this ever since MCC PC was announced. They implemented random spread to nerf the range of the BR after H2 but imo projectile alone achieves this goal just fine, and as far as I'm concerned if a player manages to lead their shots well enough and 4 shot someone across the map they fully deserve that kill and the other player fully deserves to die for being out of position. Random spread has no place in Halo.

• Like (+1) 2

Not related to the current topic, but the main reason Halo 3's shooting feels like unresponsive garbage is because of Halo 3's weird aim system, not because of projectile bullets. 

I don't necessarily advocate for projectile, but the amount of people complaining about H3's BR and not about the aim system is too high. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Not related to the current topic, but the main reason Halo 3's shooting feels like unresponsive garbage is because of Halo 3's weird aim system, not because of projectile bullets. 

I don't necessarily advocate for projectile, but the amount of people complaining about H3's BR and not about the aim system is too high. 

It's neither, it's the garbage spread coupled with questionable netcode. The aiming isn't great but unlike H5's it's consistently bad and not bad and inconsistent on top of that. Projectile is not an issue by itself, that's just the shitty netcode again.

Why would we need polls to remove spread from the CE magnum? I can absolutely guarantee nobody would notice the difference.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1