CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

You can edit your comments, right? Why not just do that.

I forgot to do so because I was frustrated AF.

maybe 343 will change my mind through an update, but as of now this game is complete garbage. Gosh I’d like reach More if the game was no bloom all over(can’t find ranked games) 

It's easy to hate on the spread when 343 decided that the first social mode would be big fucking team fucking battle.

Yeah, as it turns out, trying to pistol people across Sidewinder - whom you could barely even see in the old days on a 640x480 CRT - exposes the spread.

There's also some kind of distance cap on the pistol that I don't recall being a thing in OG CE, kind of like the H2 sniper off-host.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's easy to hate on the spread when 343 decided that the first social mode would be big fucking team fucking battle.

Yeah, as it turns out, trying to pistol people across Sidewinder - whom you could barely even see in the old days on a 640x480 CRT - exposes the spread.

There's also some kind of distance cap on the pistol that I don't recall being a thing in OG CE, kind of like the H2 sniper off-host.

That distance cap was always there. It's just not very noticeable because nobody ever takes the BTB maps seriously, and you can't even see that far on half a CRT screen.

Try shooting from blue tower to red corner on Hang Em. Your bullets will start disappearing if you step back far enough. Mind you, this is also when your target is pretty much not visible at all.

• Thonking (+0) 1

I played some doubles games and get games where one guy can just tank shots. It took my teammate and I an entire clip to kill one guy, while he can just perfect 3 us. That’s some bullshit. This same guy could just stand still and not die so I quit, and unless 343 updates the hit reg, I’m done with this game already. Least with infinite I’ll be able to get a consistent experience. It probably won’t be a classic halo but I could give a rats ass. 

Arlong sounds like youve never played ce on mcc before. Its the exact same as xbox mcc. 

25 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Arlong sounds like youve never played ce on mcc before. Its the exact same as xbox mcc. 

I have, ive played a lot of custom edition. Also why is it my bullets won’t hit people outside red reticule range? 

I went into customs to test out halo reach crouch behavior and it’s way better, now it’s like h4&5 crouch behavior. And the mouse input feels better too.

ok it’s official I HATE CE. There’s most likely nothing that’ll make me like it(a hit reg improvement could probably do this). I hate reach because of bloom, gosh I just want h2&3. 3 may have spread but it’s only effective at long range.

Havent seen this posted yet. MCC CE PC gameplay. Looks like he is on gamepad though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

(a hit reg improvement could probably do this).

Stay away from h3 if bad hit reg is a dealbreaker for you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

I went into customs to test out halo reach crouch behavior and it’s way better, now it’s like h4&5 crouch behavior. And the mouse input feels better too.

ok it’s official I HATE CE. There’s most likely nothing that’ll make me like it(a hit reg improvement could probably do this). I hate reach because of bloom, gosh I just want h2&3. 3 may have spread but it’s only effective at long range.

Crouch behavior is only like that on KBM which is interesting. Is this how 343 stealth buffs KBM against controllers? 

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Stay away from h3 if bad hit reg is a dealbreaker for you. 

Lol h3 hit reg isn’t as bad as this. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Havent seen this posted yet. MCC CE PC gameplay. Looks like he is on gamepad though.

One thing I noticed from this, that hopefully is a positive sign of the original engine/version that is running, is the detail in the floors, walls, etc. 21:36 in the video shows a very good example of this on the floors, ceilings, and walls. This detail was covered in a YouTube video by LateNightGaming

Hopefully this is a sign that the original version is running with as close to its original coding as possible.

In h3 I don’t need to use a whole clip to kill a guy within red reticule range 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Proto said:

One thing I noticed from this, that hopefully is a positive sign of the original engine/version that is running, is the detail in the floors, walls, etc. 21:36 in the video shows a very good example of this on the floors, ceilings, and walls. This detail was covered in a YouTube video by LateNightGaming

Hopefully this is a sign that the original version is running with as close to its original coding as possible.

How many missions are available in this flight? If I see some AOTCR or Two Betrayals room clearing footage I know some details to look for.

55 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

How many missions are available in this flight? If I see some AOTCR or Two Betrayals room clearing footage I know some details to look for.

Truth & Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, & 343 Guilty Spark.

12 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Truth & Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, & 343 Guilty Spark.

Goatrope made a video showing off a glitch in classic graphics and based on what I saw it looks like the PC version still, not original. In the PC version and (every version since) those big opening doors all over AOTCR are just shiny metal, but in the original/2001 version there is no shine and they're a dull light gray with a hint of texture on them. You can actually see it toward the beginning of that Late Night Gaming video.

15 hours ago, Arlong said:

Just load up a splitscreen custom game and try to get a 4shot from green to green on the pit lmao. H3 is shit. Reg is just as bad too. Youre lying to yourself. 

people dont 12 shot people rarely on lan for ce. Also 12 shotting in ce is the equivalent kill time of 7shotting someone in h3 which does happen all the time. 5shotting someone in h3 is the same time as 8shotting someone in ce. Id like to see you 7 shot someone base to base on amp lol in a battle. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Arlong said:

You've never been to Australia then

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Cue the part where your experience doesn’t matter bc there’s not enough of you.

14 hours ago, Arlong said:

Is all this complaining still based off that one experience from that one game after which you said you weren't going to play again?

To be fair, i wouldn't be surprised if it was a constant problem being that this is a PC port of a console port of a PC port of a console port.

MCC is a lottery netcode wise but at least the game isn't intentionally designed to be stupid like H3's BR spread or Reach's bloom.

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I mean that’s what happens when you play at 200plus ping. I deal with playing 100 on the average. 

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Cue the part where your experience doesn’t matter bc there’s not enough of you.

Lol  you said it not me. But In all seriousness it’s most likely not even 343s fault for this. The game prioritizes quick mm, and then Australians like shekkles here would just complain about long mm times. This happened in h5 when they introduced region lock and ausies have trouble finding games.  

@Apoll0 no it’s not based on that one experience, and even if it was, remember first impressions matter 

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Is all this complaining still based off that one experience from that one game after which you said you weren't going to play again?

To be fair, i wouldn't be surprised if it was a constant problem being that this is a PC port of a console port of a PC port of a console port.

First impressions matter. And no it’s not actually since I’ve played many MCC CE games that resulted in this. @Basu you make a good point, but take this from someone who’s never experienced CE outside of the gearbox port, what am I supposed to take from that? 

• Like (+1) 1

I have good internet but my connection is consistently shit to these games. I got the floor wiped with me at level 2 by some dudes clearly on their way to 50s, but when you can't fight back with the pistol, the game kind of breaks down.

9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I have good internet but my connection is consistently shit to these games. I got the floor wiped with me at level 2 by some dudes clearly on their way to 50s, but when you can't fight back with the pistol, the game kind of breaks down.

Dude I have 300 down and up, that’s better than what majority have, since most people don’t live in areas where they can bust out 1000.