Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

I don’t hate doubles but it’s not enjoyable for me. There’s something about the playstyle it brings. People play it like a 1v1, which isn’t fun to play or watch for me. I’ve played against and with doubles gods and this is the same thing I said about ffa gods is their skills don’t transfer well to the main thing which is 4v4. This doesn’t apply to them all, looking at garbriel SVR. Dude is great at 4s and is highly known for his skills in doubles. 

  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Riddler said:

this shit auto plays and the pause button doesnt work. complete cancer

Sure that’s not your internet, because it’s working fine for me 

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't it like a known thing that the FFA tournament would produce the "rising stars" back when it was used for seeding the 4v4 tournaments? I could be totally talking out of my ass or misremembering something, but I could have sworn there were a bunch of pros who were "discovered" after impressing in the FFA bracket.

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Wasn't it like a known thing that the FFA tournament would produce the "rising stars" back when it was used for seeding the 4v4 tournaments? I could be totally talking out of my ass or misremembering something, but I could have sworn there were a bunch of pros who were "discovered" after impressing in the FFA bracket.

 

I’m sure there were pros noticed because of FFA, it’s a decent way to know who’s got a “good shot” but a good shot isn’t everything in 4v4s. Heck’s str8 sick or prodigy aren’t the best pros but we’re some of the best at FFA. 

Share this post


Link to post

If you scope in using the right mouse button, you have to take the bind off of "Vehicle Function 2", otherwise you won't be able to scope in with the mouse. Fix from "dany" in the Discord.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If you scope in using the right mouse button, you have to take the bind off of "Vehicle Function 2", otherwise you won't be able to scope in with the mouse. Fix from "dany" in the Discord. 

Literally my first game was trying to figure out why my zoom wouldn't work and I'm playing against some tryhards.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok this games hit reg is utter dog shit and they let parties of two match solos in ranked. Can’t say I’m surprised . 

Share this post


Link to post

I’m playing games where one guy can just get perfect 3 shots While I need to unload my whole clip, gosh this game man, why is it 343 cant just do something simple and improve a games hit reg online! Everyone else knows how!  Are the developers at 343 this fucking incompetent. I know these people I’m up against can have a ping advantage but good god, these people are fucking tanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Arlong said:

I’m playing games where one guy can just get perfect 3 shots While I need to unload my whole clip, gosh this game man, why is it 343 cant just do something simple and improve a games hit reg online! Everyone else knows how!  Are the developers at 343 this fucking incompetent 

It's almost like they're porting a port. Of a game that had another dev porting it, separate from the main dev. As a team of, like, six people entirely disconnected from this. Essentially just trying to get the game to work with the hub they're porting from the console.

Hit reg isn't simple, either. Especially when factors outside of code go into it. Like playerbases. Given they're running a small population. On players country-wide. 

Granted, CE was already shit too, its gun naturally doesn't fucking shoot straight, so every problem is gonna be exacerbated, now, but, you know.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

It's almost like they're porting a port. Of a game that had another dev porting it, separate from the main dev. As a team of, like, six people entirely disconnected from this. Essentially just trying to get the game to work with the hub they're porting from the console.

Hit reg isn't simple, either. Especially when factors outside of code go into it. Like playerbases. Given they're running a small population. On players country-wide. 

Granted, CE was already shit too, its gun naturally doesn't fucking shoot straight, so every problem is gonna be exacerbated, now, but, you know.

Ok first off stfu, with this porting bs that’s a terrible excuse when the final version will be better by like 2% . The gun doesn’t shoot straight, you act as if it’s spread is super high or something when it’s not. The gun for the most part isn’t naturally super random. The game feels smoother than custom edition but the game plays like ass because of this crazy hit reg. Why is it they can dish out superb performance, but ohhhhh the hit registration gotta be a complete mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Ok first off stfu, with this porting bs that’s a terrible excuse when the final version will be better by like 2% . The gun doesn’t shoot straight, you act as if it’s spread is super high or something when it’s not. The gun for the most part isn’t naturally super random. The game feels smoother than custom edition but the game plays like ass because of this crazy hit reg. Why is it they can dish out superb performance, but ohhhhh the hit registration gotta be a complete mess. 

It's not a terrible excuse. The game's always been "broken" in some way or another and this codebase was done by a studio that is unrelated to both Bungie and 343i, and just adds to problems already existing. 

Let me put it this way, too. CE's magnum has spread, projectile leading, AND movement sway. You have three factors pulling your fucking bullets off target even if you're on target. It's literally naturally inconsistent. And with code added to it that was never intended for it, that being networking code that the original Xbox version did not have, every single one of those problems will just become bigger problems. Because it's not just your shots not regging when you aim at a dude, you're having to deal with this extraneous bullshit on top of it. It's gonna make it a jank-ass experience, as it always was. 

It's a problem because this is essentially an unrelated project, that is the first of its own kind in the series. A game ported to a new platform with new features like matchmaking and (originally) a server browser. Again, shit never intended for it. It's gonna be a mess, because they don't have a gigantic team working on this.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I’m downloading it now 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Ok now make a No spread mod someone 

59 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ok this games hit reg is utter dog shit and they let parties of two match solos in ranked. Can’t say I’m surprised . 

47 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I’m playing games where one guy can just get perfect 3 shots While I need to unload my whole clip, gosh this game man, why is it 343 cant just do something simple and improve a games hit reg online! Everyone else knows how!  Are the developers at 343 this fucking incompetent. I know these people I’m up against can have a ping advantage but good god, these people are fucking tanks. 

32 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ok first off stfu, with this porting bs that’s a terrible excuse when the final version will be better by like 2% . The gun doesn’t shoot straight, you act as if it’s spread is super high or something when it’s not. The gun for the most part isn’t naturally super random. The game feels smoother than custom edition but the game plays like ass because of this crazy hit reg. Why is it they can dish out superb performance, but ohhhhh the hit registration gotta be a complete mess. 

 

Arlong pls

 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Multiplayer uses classic sounds instead of anniversary sounds so that's a plus.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

 

Arlong pls

 

I just got hella frustrated playing it man. Game after game of endless bs can bring out that nerd rage into people. Oh I hella double posted. You know this website should just use a chat box rather than comments that have to be updated through refreshes.

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't touched it but sounding like they just copy pasted Halo Pc...again.  I know that shit netcode all too well.

I'm not even surprised.  Fully expected this.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Arlong said:

I just got hella frustrated playing it man. Game after game of endless bs can bring out that nerd rage into people. Oh I hella double posted. You know this website should just use a chat box rather than comments that have to be updated through refreshes.

You can edit your comments, right? Why not just do that.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Once again we’re going to be arguing about the over exaggerated effects of the CE pistol mechanics while sprint has more negative effects on the series 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.