Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

No ff is too much work for older halos. Just get splattered by a vehicle and get launched to the other side of the map. Theyd have to do actual work to prevent explosions and vehicle from counting in FF. 
 

or actually do work and grow some balls. Perm ban consoles if someone is doing substantial team damage in a game to grief. Not some of this 1hour ban shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Riddler said:

No ff is too much work for older halos. Just get splattered by a vehicle and get launched to the other side of the map. Theyd have to do actual work to prevent explosions and vehicle from counting in FF. 
 

or actually do work and grow some balls. Perm ban consoles if someone is doing substantial team damage in a game to grief. Not some of this 1hour ban shit. 

Lmao, hot damn perma ban someone’s console they spent 200+ on? When they weren’t even cheating?  Harsh. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Literally make them long cool down, non lethal impulse nades. Easy.

Impulse nades? So a stun grenade?  Also what is long? Please don’t tell me a minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Impulse nades? So a stun grenade?  Also what is long? Please don’t tell me a minute. 

No? A knock back/physics based grenade. No stun. I’d rather we have a damageless, movement based nade, than a hand nuke that’ll just guarantee your death. Nades like this suck in Halo with long killtimes. Cool down could be however long is needed, I wouldn’t know. 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No? A knock back/physics based grenade. No stun. I’d rather we have a damageless, movement based nade, than a hand nuke that’ll just guarantee your death. Nades like this suck in Halo with long killtimes. Cool down could be however long is needed, I wouldn’t know. 

That doesn’t sound too bad. 

Share this post


Link to post

Melee shouldn’t do damage either, just knock back.  We could call it The Golden Point.  

  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Lmao, hot damn perma ban someone’s console they spent 200+ on? When they weren’t even cheating?  Harsh. 

Id rather face a cheater than a griefer so yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Again, it’s no surprise nearly every other game on the planet doesn’t have this mechanic.

CSGO has friendly fire
RSS has friendly fire (though with a system put in place called reverse friendly fire)
PUBG has friendly fire

I think even CoD MW hardcore has FF enabled.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

New topic. I was reading a post on waypoint and some guy mentions that h2c hardcore is dead simply because people don’t want to play hardcore. Could the NAMES of these playlist be hurting their population. Heck’s I know many people get discouraged by the name “ranked” in many games, but the term HC just scares people so much or MLG. People in halo are so fucking boring and pisss me off. Tons of these sorry bitches probably play games like rainbow, overwatch, apex etc and play ranked in those games, but in halo, NOPE I’m a scared little bitch. These people want balanced and fair matches but seem to forget ranked exist, which does the job they want more than social does. I know in halo pc case ranked was killed off by 343 refusing to separate controllers.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Arlong said:

New topic. I was reading a post on waypoint and some guy mentions that h2c hardcore is dead simply because people don’t want to play hardcore. Could the NAMES of these playlist be hurting their population. Heck’s I know many people get discouraged by the name “ranked” in many games, but the term HC just scares people so much or MLG. People in halo are so fucking boring and pisss me off. Tons of these sorry bitches probably play games like rainbow, overwatch, apex etc and play ranked in those games, but in halo, NOPE I’m a scared little bitch. These people want balanced and fair matches but seem to forget ranked exist, which does the job they want more than social does. I know in halo pc case ranked was killed off by 343 refusing to separate controllers.

yeah lets change it back to team throwdown /s

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Nokt said:

CSGO has friendly fire
RSS has friendly fire (though with a system put in place called reverse friendly fire)
PUBG has friendly fire

I think even CoD MW hardcore has FF enabled.

I said nearly. Not every. MW also blows dick and its comp scene is a joke so, teehee. Doesn't count. ;P

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I said nearly. Not every. MW also blows dick and its comp scene is a joke so, teehee. Doesn't count. ;P

I was trying to keep the list as current as possible, but BOIII and AW both had FF in hardcore as well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arlong said:

New topic. I was reading a post on waypoint and some guy mentions that h2c hardcore is dead simply because people don’t want to play hardcore. Could the NAMES of these playlist be hurting their population. Heck’s I know many people get discouraged by the name “ranked” in many games, but the term HC just scares people so much or MLG. People in halo are so fucking boring and pisss me off. Tons of these sorry bitches probably play games like rainbow, overwatch, apex etc and play ranked in those games, but in halo, NOPE I’m a scared little bitch. These people want balanced and fair matches but seem to forget ranked exist, which does the job they want more than social does. I know in halo pc case ranked was killed off by 343 refusing to separate controllers.

This isn't even up for debate. The name and especially the order of playlists has a massive influence on population. Case in point, when CE Anniversary came out they had two 4v4 playlists ("squad" with TU settings and the 343 redesigns and "classic" with the anniversary maps). AT first squad was on top and classic at the bottom, classic was a total ghost town. After a few weeks this was flipped for some reason and suddenly classic was the popular playlist. Squad got removed fairly soon after because of low population lmao.

It's also why ranked team slayer and social slayer has always been so popular. It's the first playlist. No wonder objective playlists always die when 95% of the population never actually scrolls down to even see them. 343 did the smart thing in H5 by making Arena the first entry and not giving it a scary name. Despite having the oh-so-hated objective modes it was a very popular playlist.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I was trying to keep the list as current as possible, but BOIII and AW both had FF in hardcore as well.

For hardcore. It still really has no reason to be in social, which was part of my point. Even if I concede and go "muhuhuh hardcore's fine for ff", social unironically has nothing to gain and everything to lose with its inclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, znot said:

yeah lets change it back to team throwdown /s

Tbh that probably scares people less and the names not too bad. I liked that name. 

Share this post


Link to post

Dude is there like an actual written checklist of tired contrarian topics that need to be rehashed every so often? We just had this same discussion a few months ago. All the same arguments. All the same people. Y'all don't remember this? Is hitscan/projectile next? Shit reminds me of the mandatory training we have to sit through in the army.

"Ope, we're comin' due on 'Slayer is a bad gametype'. Round everyone up for a block of instruction."

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Dude is there like an actual written checklist of tired contrarian topics that need to be rehashed every so often? We just had this same discussion a few months ago. All the same arguments. All the same people. Y'all don't remedmber this? Is hitscan/projectile next? Shit reminds me of the mandatory training we have to sit through in the army.

"Ope, we're comin' due on 'Slayer is a bad gametype'. Round everyone up for a block of instruction."

I wasn’t even here during most of those am I meant to go back and see if you people talk about something 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I wasn’t even here during most of those am I meant to go back and see if you people talk about something 

Ur old enough that for you to have not seen em is way less likely than you just forgetting. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Ur old enough that for you to have not seen em is way less likely than you just forgetting. 

No I wasn’t here when the topic or topics he’s mentioning happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Basu said:

This isn't even up for debate. The name and especially the order of playlists has a massive influence on population. Case in point, when CE Anniversary came out they had two 4v4 playlists ("squad" with TU settings and the 343 redesigns and "classic" with the anniversary maps). AT first squad was on top and classic at the bottom, classic was a total ghost town. After a few weeks this was flipped for some reason and suddenly classic was the popular playlist. Squad got removed fairly soon after because of low population lmao.

It's also why ranked team slayer and social slayer has always been so popular. It's the first playlist. No wonder objective playlists always die when 95% of the population never actually scrolls down to even see them. 343 did the smart thing in H5 by making Arena the first entry and not giving it a scary name. Despite having the oh-so-hated objective modes it was a very popular playlist.

A few ideas to repopulate the ranked playlists-

• Instead of having just a single hardcore playlist per game, have just a simple ranked team playlist in addition to the hardcore playlist. 

• Take a few modes out of social matchmaking (Snipers, FFA, Some objective gamemodes) and give them their own ranked playlists or healthy rotation in the other ranked playlists. 

• Allow for players to choose between longer wait times or worse connection quality, like H5. 

• Better map rotation in the ranked playlists. I know map rotation is ass cancer across all of MCC, but there's nothing more frustrating than searching 12 minutes for a ranked H3 game and ending up with TS ARs on Pit or Blackout. 

• Make ranked playlists the default option when people log onto multiplayer, with their highest playlist specific rank being displayed in the corner. 

• Add certain rewards for playing ranked. Now that MCC has somewhat of a progression system, give the casuals specific armor unlocks, nameplates, doubled XP, whatever they can leverage. 

 

These are just some quick thoughts, not necessarily thought through completely. The main crippling problem for MCC is that the game's population is horrible, and that only so much can be done to counteract it. Short of 343i making MCC free to play after some Infinite hype trailer or something of the sort, I don't see much giving MCC a population boost. Depending on how well Infinite does, it may well take away the last of MCC's population. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

A few ideas to repopulate the ranked playlists-

• Instead of having just a single hardcore playlist per game, have just a simple ranked team playlist in addition to the hardcore playlist. 

• Take a few modes out of social matchmaking (Snipers, FFA, Some objective gamemodes) and give them their own ranked playlists or healthy rotation in the other ranked playlists. 

• Allow for players to choose between longer wait times or worse connection quality, like H5. 

Why do we need to give random social shit "ranked" playlists, lol. If it's not competitive or being played in comp, chances are it shouldn't be ranked. At most, you could maybe make specific playlists for specific things. Like CTF only lists, or whatever comp gametypes you have. That'd be nice. But keep it to that. You can use the match composer's bright flashy emblems to lure people into new social stuff.

Snipers and FFA really shouldn't be in there. They're not being played for money and aren't exactly the pinnacle of skill. Unless you're doing something like Halo 4/5's HCS FFAs. But those don't seem to be happening.

I dunno. Shouldn't ranked imply something more than progression. Or something other than giving everybody trophies. Ideally we'd just be having lists for every playlists ranked settings. Given we have six thousand games on this collection, and population should be spread out nicely. We shouldn't have lists like ranked TS. Or ranked Invasion. God forbid ranked snipers occurs.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Dude is there like an actual written checklist of tired contrarian topics that need to be rehashed every so often? We just had this same discussion a few months ago. All the same arguments. All the same people. Y'all don't remember this? Is hitscan/projectile next? Shit reminds me of the mandatory training we have to sit through in the army.

"Ope, we're comin' due on 'Slayer is a bad gametype'. Round everyone up for a block of instruction."

I don't blame anyone considering there's really nothing else to talk about.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Dude is there like an actual written checklist of tired contrarian topics that need to be rehashed every so often? We just had this same discussion a few months ago. All the same arguments. All the same people. Y'all don't remember this? Is hitscan/projectile next? Shit reminds me of the mandatory training we have to sit through in the army.

"Ope, we're comin' due on 'Slayer is a bad gametype'. Round everyone up for a block of instruction."

By my calculation we need to see someone start talking about stats before we get to the hitscan/projectile as we are currently talking about 'slayer bad'

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.