CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just now, Arlong said:

Gunplay of 5? I hope you just mean the magnum, movement of 5? Hmm ok the movement wasn’t bad.

Yep. Exactly. Magnum. Perfect accuracy, single shot/semi-auto, relatively skillful to what bullshit utilities we've had, pretty quick killtime, could lower it more for optimal shit. Unf. Good Halo in the making already.

CE magnum has a higher skillgap than the H5 magnum but that doesn't fit the narrative

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

13 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I think you're forgetting everyone's favorite gametype, HeH CTF.

You misspelled bg ctf. At least heh ctf ends. People played hour long matches on that in tourny when u got to pick ur own map/gametype as a counterpick. Best part? Lose and you can pick it again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chill Out - stephen okasaki

prisoner - Chris Carney

Hang em - peter marks

damnation - david dunn

derelict - hardy lebel

battle creek - stephen okasaki + hardy lebel

rat race - hardy lebel

wizard - hardy lebel

Blood gulch - hardy lebel

sidewinder - hardy lebel

boarding action - hardy lebel

longest - hardy lebel

chiron TL34 - hardy lebel

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

CE magnum has a higher skillgap than the H5 magnum but that doesn't fit the narrative

Controversial but I wish it had a slightly lower rof. You can spam your way to trades more often than I'd like. I think this was one of h3s greatest strengths- the br rof coupled with projectile and it's speed made it so if you were much better than your opponent they wouldn't take a single br fight off you. Of course its too slow for outshooting similar skill 2v1s which would be a welcome change.

I feel like with ce due to the firerate- large clip and it being 2v2-the gun allows you to trade against much higher skilled opponents far more than it should.

Obvs as it stands it has a much higher skill gap than 5s though-I'm sure most are getting their opinions from.mcc ce too which doesn't help.

3 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Controversial but I wish it had a slightly lower rof. You can spam your way to trades more often than I'd like. I think this was one of h3s greatest strengths- the br rof coupled with projectile and it's speed made it so if you were much better than your opponent they wouldn't take a single br fight off you. Of course its too slow for outshooting similar skill 2v1s which would be a welcome change.

I feel like with ce due to the firerate- large clip and it being 2v2-the gun allows you to trade against much higher skilled opponents far more than it should.

Obvs as it stands it has a much higher skill gap than 5s though-I'm sure most are getting their opinions from.mcc ce too which doesn't help.

Trading isn't that common in CE 

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Trading isn't that common in CE 

Whoops I didn't mean to say trading (tired) I just meant winning pistol fights vs higher skilled opponents more often than you should.

4 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Whoops I didn't mean to say trading (tired) I just meant winning pistol fights vs higher skilled opponents more often than you should.

I will lose a 1v1 match vs roy any day of the week but even i will trade br battles with him. The h3 br is so hard to miss with on lan. Its only leading for ping and random spread that makes that shit miss. Plus its fucking burst fire so u can just sweep for the final hit

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

UI of MCC. Gunplay of 5. Art of H2A/H4. Movement of 5.

EZ.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Movement of 5.

Considering Halo 5's "advanced" movement is stupid, Imma go with no.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Three Six Xero said:

Considering Halo 5's "advanced" movement is stupid, Imma go with no.

Compelling stance. Very compelling.

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Just as compelling as many of your assertions. The difference is that I've talked about my reasoning plenty enough and the general consensus here is that Halo 5's SA's were a poor decision. 

You can support your own claim first if you'd like.

• Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Three Six Xero said:

Just as compelling as many of your assertions. The difference is that I've talked about my reasoning plenty enough and the general consensus here is that Halo 5's SA's were a poor decision. 

You can support your own claim first if you'd like.

General consensus here is something I don't really care about. Only reasoning from you. And I haven't seen your reasoning, specifically.

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

General consensus here is something I don't really care about. Only reasoning from you. And I haven't seen your reasoning, specifically.

That sounds a lot more personal that you probably meant as it's written, but I can probably assume otherwise.

And maybe it's time someone tries to support why something should be in the game with reasoning instead of just throwing it in and waiting for people to either state why it was a poor decision to include (which is split between hindsight and "we've been saying this stuff for years") or waiting for it to take its toll on the game's gameplay and population.

4 minutes ago, Three Six Xero said:

That sounds a lot more personal that you probably meant as it's written, but I can probably assume otherwise.

And maybe it's time someone tries to support why something should be in the game with reasoning instead of just throwing it in and waiting for people to either state why it was a poor decision to include (which is split between hindsight and "we've been saying this stuff for years") or waiting for it to take its toll on the game's gameplay and population.

I think you're reading too much into my text. There's also a conglomerate of people who fight for AR starts. A surprisingly large group. Who defend that. Hence, me not giving a shit about general consensus.  Mass opinion and anecdotes are "meh". I just wanna see specific reasons from specific people.

My thing is, you made the claim said movement was stupid, I'm asking you to back it up as a result. I only said I'd want it in. I wasn't necessarily making a claim about it that is currently worthy of actually backing anything up right now. It's just my preference at this point. You're going a step farther. I wanna know why.

37 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Maybe nobody wants to be baited into yet another circular, mental gymnastics based argument with you when you damn well know everyone's stance here on Halo 5's movement.

So I'll just leave it at a hard no, and recommend everyone else do the same.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Three Six Xero said:

Uh it should be in the game because you can move sooooo fast and uh ADAPT.... LUL "classic" halo is so slow and EZ. Like the H2 BR LITERALLY aims for you LMAO

Did I do it right?

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Maybe nobody wants to be baited into yet another circular, mental gymnastics based argument with you when you damn well know everyone's stance here on Halo 5's movement.

So I'll just leave it at a hard no, and recommend everyone else do the same.

Refer to my above response to that instead of assuming inten- That requires reading. Shit.

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

Hard to argue with that.

What about sound design and map design? Ranking system?

Exp ranks from Reach for the dopamine miners. Halo 5 ranking system but you have a badge permanently on your player card so people know your best rank. 

It would have a "current season" badge and a "previous best" on your card as well in addition to your xp rank.

Halo 2/3's ranks are good but once you hit 50 you're done. 

Halo 3's sound design but add more depth (modern tech)

As for maps, design new ones for the new game.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

It doesn’t matter how good you think a utility weapon is if it spends the majority of the match pointing at the floor.  

You just blew my mind

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

It doesn’t matter how good you think a utility weapon is if it spends the majority of the match pointing at the floor.  

I hereby declare this the default response to their nonsense. Very succinct. I'll make sure to quote you when this argument inevitably pops up again.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, xSociety said:

Hard to argue with that.

What about sound design and map design? Ranking system?

Sound design? Halo 4. Who doesn't like a warthog that sounds like a chainsaw?!