Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

It should also be noted that the biggest influx of members was after we posted gameplay of the mod. Maybe 10-20 of the 70 members joined for initial v8 testing. So saying "people are eager to play v8 but no one is hosting lobbies" is disingenuous.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Basu said:

It should also be noted that the biggest influx of members was after we posted gameplay of the mod. Maybe 10-20 of the 70 members joined for initial v8 testing. So saying "people are eager to play v8 but no one is hosting lobbies" is disingenuous.

That's pretty discouraging since the mod is.basically just turning reach into ce without weapon.nading (unless this has been added, I left the discord because like Ice I was only interested in v8 settings). 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

That's pretty discouraging since the mod is.basically just turning reach into ce without weapon.nading (unless this has been added, I left the discord because like Ice I was only interested in v8 settings). 

Pretty shallow way of describing the mod, besides the point I guess. I don't recall you taking part in any discussion we've had, nor contributing towards getting a lobby together.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

Pretty shallow way of describing the mod, besides the point I guess. I don't recall you taking part in any discussion we've had, nor contributing towards getting a lobby together.

Never said I did. I dont think it's shallow though- pretty accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Dude, I know. I made a thread for people to organize playtests and discussion. Now I have some responsibility for it? Anybody can host a custom game and talk about settings. That thread can still be used for its intended purpose. I do not have a vital role in this process, at all. What a ridiculous thing to pretend to be upset about. It's almost like she just just wants a reason to throw shade at me...

Let me make this abundantly clear @TheIcePrincess

-I found out about my AIT date well after making that thread. My life changed significantly in the past month. And I do not feel any sort of responsibility to update a Halo forum about it, especially when other people can do the exact same thing I can.

-I wasted your time? That's a laugh. No one even asked you to be a part of it. THIS is why. Bad ideas like "remove the sniper", and all the inevitable cliquey high school drama are hardly worth a few extra bodies in a custom that are just gonna stat in obj anyways. And by the look of your progression completion, I'd say you have plenty of time on your hands, so give me a break. Lastly, zero part of my absence prevents this from going forward. You're just looking for an excuse to be upset. And your whole little soapbox diatribe guilt trip operates under the pretense that me and your friends would ever work together on anything to begin with, which is also a laugher. I want nothing to do with any of you.

If any part of the last few weeks frustrates you that nothing is getting done, then take some personal accountability and fucking do it. ANYONE can do it. Trying to pin a lack of results solely on me because I made a thread on a Halo forum is a disingenuous attempt to dodge acknowledgement that your ass didn't do anything either. I'm not surprised IcePrincess is doing it because they look for reasons to give me shit. In fact, I don't even think she even feels what she says. She knows I'm right in the fact that I'm not a necessary part of the process. But she saw an opportunity to grandstand and try to make me look bad, and so here we are

Dunno why that didn't ping me, but okay site, lmao.

To be curt, I... don't really see what this had to do with what I said. I was just saying you did nothing with it, despite helming it and going balls deep. I dunno what deflecting to me not doing stuff has to do with it. I didn't say I was gonna do anything but play, lol. Granted, I'll go on it.

- As I said, I don't mind you having shit occur. I said that. But, as I said, too. You're labelled with "team", you began the forum thread, and spent time pushing others to try and promote these settings, or proposed changes and joined a Discord. It's fine to not feel responsibility to that, but ghosting ain't cool when you begin something, and I'd rather you not take responsibility for any project role if you're not gonna be transparent or do shit with it, despite impromptu helming it. I think a big thing here you may not get is that I'm not going to walk into someone else's domain and begin changing or organizing shit as a member. A new one at that. So, not only did I not promise to do anything, I'm nowhere near the level where I'd be able to. Compared to you. And I won't make a redundant project just to lead.

- Second, I have to be blunt as dicks. Did you really admit to not working with people you don't like? Like, okay. You're a Reclaimer. Proclaimed sway on 4v4 CE. You wanna make contributions further as per your Mythic video. Okay. Good. How in the hell are you going to do that, proposing new competitive settings for a game, while laughing out potential feedback and a viable test-player base over a dislike and presumed "clique" drama stuff? You won't even talk to me face to face, while I respond to you. Given your last paragraph just third person references me. Do you really think that's proper etiquette for a person with power? And do you really think I'm the one that's gonna be cliquey and drama-y? Be real with me. For once.

- Finally, as I said. I would've maybe done it myself had I not been waiting on others to. That's my thing. I didn't start anything. I joined a group for V8. I got nothing from it. And I'm salty (In airquotes) about nothing coming from a project I didn't begin. And because you put yourself out there and started a lot of it, I feel you shoulder blame. I'm not trying to make you look bad. Too much effort for someone I never actually engage with. I don't get anything for it, lol. Why would I care if I don't get the end result. Logically, I'd say, because I don't do it to make you look bad and would be roasting anybody else in your position. Hell, I called out other people as well. And we just talked it out. Easily. We don't have to agree, but I think they understand that I'm not actually trying to antagonize them. Or call them out as dumbasses. I just don't agree with where things went and wish people talked more. And put effort in.

Although, I find the need to tell me what I mean when I speak to be frustrating. I have my own reasons. I'm telling you my reasons. Stop trying to tell me my reasons. Just listen to what I say.

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The absolute fucking entitlement...

I don't get what entitlement has to do with this, lmao.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Never said I did. I dont think it's shallow though- pretty accurate. 

I mean we did more to enrich the weapon sandbox than any Halo game ever did. Weapons are actually balanced and offer variety. Of course it's inspired by CE, but don't be fooled by the Pistol and the viewmodel, it plays totally different from CE.

I also fail to see how this is a bad thing. What's so good about Reach that you want us to preserve in the mod?

Also if you wanted to play v8 should've said something or use the @xbox. I'm not saying we won't play v8 but why would we try to host lobbies for a worse version of the game if people aren't showing up anyways?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, darkstar said:

Wow, Hardway. How dare you have a life outside of Halo?

Are you meaning to tell me the person who has already hit Tier 100 doesn't understand that video games aren't the centre of someones attention at all times?

  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ChieftaiNZ said:

Are you meaning to tell me the person who has already hit Tier 100 doesn't understand that video games aren't the centre of someones attention at all times?

I feel for anybody who doesn't have games at the center of their lives. Sad!

 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I feel for anybody who doesn't have games at the center of their lives. Sad!

 

Sure takes a lot to set up a few lobbies and a discord/thread. If you can manage that games must be at the center of your life.
A0c5c2NCUAA2Q8b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Basu said:

I also fail to see how this is a bad thing. What's so good about Reach that you want us to preserve in the mod?

If I were you I'd just ignore this complaint. You guys want to create ultra comp settings. If someone wants a more "reachified" version they can worry about that on their own. That ball isn't in your court.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Basu said:

I mean we did more to enrich the weapon sandbox than any Halo game ever did. Weapons are actually balanced and offer variety. Of course it's inspired by CE, but don't be fooled by the Pistol and the viewmodel, it plays totally different from CE.

I also fail to see how this is a bad thing. What's so good about Reach that you want us to preserve in the mod?

Also if you wanted to play v8 should've said something or use the @xbox. I'm not saying we won't play v8 but why would we try to host lobbies for a worse version of the game if people aren't showing up anyways?

I could've but I'm European so only on the weekends and staying up late do I have a chance at rallying a lobby. Also I'm a nobody on this forum but yes I could've- maybe I'll join back and try again- I don't have ideas on how to improve the gametypes though, will gladly playyest whatever as I said.

If you want you could go into detail to how the modded settings  are different from.ce- I watched a few videos and noticed the return of the plasma rifle stun, nades resting and explosion time adjustment and made up my mind from there- it of course will never play the same though without weapon nading and the CE spawn system most importantly.

As for v8- if it were up to me I'd mod the sttafe to no movement acceleration- since it's hitscan. Get rid of random spread on the and the twitch thing and lower the magnetism on no scope sniper. I really like reach as is- I think those are small reasonable changes 343 could take from a mod and make them official- apart from that a few gametype /map changesbut I've no ideas there but again would love to test more knowledgeable folks ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sody91 said:

I could've but I'm European so only on the weekends and staying up late do I have a chance at rallying a lobby. Also I'm a nobody on this forum but yes I could've- maybe I'll join back and try again- I don't have ideas on how to improve the gametypes though, will gladly playyest whatever as I said. 

If you want you could go into detail to how the modded settings  are different from.ce- I watched a few videos and noticed the return of the plasma rifle stun, nades resting and explosion time adjustment and made up my mind from there- it of course will never play the same though without weapon nading and the CE spawn system most importantly. 

As for v8- if it were up to me I'd mod the sttafe to no movement acceleration- since it's hitscan. Get rid of random spread on the and the twitch thing and lower the magnetism on no scope sniper. I really like reach as is- I think those are small reasonable changes 343 could take from a mod and make them official- apart from that a few gametype /map changesbut I've no ideas there but again would love to test more knowledgeable folks ideas. 

Wossman and me are from EU too lol. I feel you, the staying up late for US kids can be hard.

As for differences: Strafe is more H2  than CE. Pistol travels faster. Spawn system is different, powerups are dynamic. Additional weapons from CE: GL, DMR, Focus Rifle w/ air knockback, Plasma Pistol (w/ launching capability for jumping), Concussion Rifle. Jetpacks on maps. The game also actually supports objective gametypes (KOTH isn't random for example) and 4v4s because of the spawn system.

Getting a decent strafe and less aim assist on console would be a dream, but I doubt 343 is willing to do that.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@TheIcePrincess no matter what happened or didn't, you complaining about anybody with the team role on the discord, Hard Way or Basu or me, it doesn't do anything either. It happened the way it did and if we just keep discussing about it that won't fix the settings.

I think it would be about time to stop discussing what people wanted and/or expected and move on.

Share this post


Link to post

There's one thing I have never gotten about the Halo community. And that is why there seems to be such a large population of players (not here obviously) who are more than content with spawning, and then running in a straight line at the first person they see while shooting their AR. And not only that, but then they think this is the optimal way to play the game, and go online and wonder why every game doesn't start with AR's.

Typing this out made me realize something though, you could probably say the same thing about some of the people here if you replaced AR with BR/DMR, and straight line with strafing. I hope no one from reddit see's this post :laughing:

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Warlord Wossman said:

@TheIcePrincess no matter what happened or didn't, you complaining about anybody with the team role on the discord, Hard Way or Basu or me, it doesn't do anything either. It happened the way it did and if we just keep discussing about it that won't fix the settings.

I think it would be about time to stop discussing what people wanted and/or expected and move on.

To be fair, it doesn't really matter if it does anything. I'm just venting over management. Not expressly doing it expecting a solution.

11 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

The upvotes have spoken, hardway wins

If only mob mentality counted for anything, lol.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

There's one thing I have never gotten about the Halo community. And that is why there seems to be such a large population of players (not here obviously) who are more than content with spawning, and then running in a straight line at the first person they see while shooting their AR. And not only that, but then they think this is the optimal way to play the game, and go online and wonder why every game doesn't start with AR's.

Typing this out made me realize something though, you could probably say the same thing about some of the people here if you replaced AR with BR/DMR, and straight line with strafing. I hope no one from reddit see's this post :laughing:

The AR charge is quite literally the only way people know how to play Halo. Check pretty much any person's Bungie stats from H3 or Reach and their tool of destruction will be "melee", and it is usually not even close.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Basu said:

Wossman and me are from EU too lol. I feel you, the staying up late for US kids can be hard.

As for differences: Strafe is more H2  than CE. Pistol travels faster. Spawn system is different, powerups are dynamic. Additional weapons from CE: GL, DMR, Focus Rifle w/ air knockback, Plasma Pistol (w/ launching capability for jumping), Concussion Rifle. Jetpacks on maps. The game also actually supports objective gametypes (KOTH isn't random for example) and 4v4s because of the spawn system.

Getting a decent strafe and less aim assist on console would be a dream, but I doubt 343 is willing to do that.

 

That's cool- any vids of the focus rifle /pp? I'd play some only I'm still on the box. Yeah I have no faith in 343 to do anything but hammer out the next game for mcc  which is really lousy considering they removed twitch for mouse but not controller.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Sody91 said:

That's cool- any vids of the focus rifle /pp? I'd play some only I'm still on the box. Yeah I have no faith in 343 to do anything but hammer out the next game for mcc  which is really lousy considering they removed twitch for mouse but not controller.

PP launch from flag to roof on Creek. (at 4:53 if timecode doesn't work)

At 7:33 you can see Hex get pushed off top mid by Focus knockback. The entire video has a lot of Focus gameplay.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Basu said:

PP launch from flag to roof on Creek. (at 4:53 if timecode doesn't work)

At 7:33 you can see Hex get pushed off top mid by Focus knockback. The entire video has a lot of Focus gameplay.

That gameplay looks amazing. Great work to those who put GPMA together. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.