CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

31 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

and people here laugh about waypoint posts

team beyond the spearhead of competitive Halo ofc

Team beyond likes to talk about changes for halo and forgets social exist. 

11 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Team Beyond, the spearhead of comp Halo, ensuring social Halo is a-okay, while never touching comp Halo, lmao.

db7f190b21ec531fc44b3a5a1b4c3f9d.png

@Hard Way I guess your thread just doesn't exist, huh?

• Fire (+1) 4

Just now, Three Six Xero said:

db7f190b21ec531fc44b3a5a1b4c3f9d.png

@Hard Way I guess your thread just doesn't exist, huh?

A thread I commented on vigorously that got no traction, and was subsequently pretty much abandoned. Because no one would set up lobbies, or actually enforce or throw together any test changes that could realistically go anywhere. So, now we're stuck with a Discord focused on a modded gametype unrelated to a potential V8 and absolutely no V8 discussion or lobbies there, or here. Despite being an advocate for better Reach HC. Not a good history with comp values.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

A thread I commented on vigorously that got no traction, and was subsequently pretty much abandoned. Because no one would set up lobbies, or actually enforce or throw together any test changes that could realistically go anywhere. So, now we're stuck with a Discord focused on a modded gametype unrelated to a potential V8 and absolutely no V8 discussion or lobbies there, or here. Despite being an advocate for better Reach HC. Not a good history with comp values.

With almost 80 members I expected people to take part in testing lobbies but it turns out most people would rather spend ages arguing on a forum or crying on twitter instead of actually trying to make a change by getting involved...

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

With almost 80 members I expected people to take part in testing lobbies but it turns out most people would rather spend ages arguing on a forum or crying on twitter instead of actually trying to make a change by getting involved...

Except no one actually setup or ran testing lobbies for V8, no one would even begin testing or pushing out changes. All the lobbies listed were for PC, or were majority PC-based. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the last lobby was setup on the 13th. There was no @ing everyone. No active communication. 

As a member, we shouldn't be the ones setting up lobbies, and there was no effort on the part of the leadership to do anything. And you know, there's the entire thing with making a Discord for updated Reach MM settings, including V8, putting an emphasis on it, then making a Discord based around modded settings, with only one thread for V8 well down the line of active channels. With said V8 channel never getting attention, especially recently, until I had to argue about something I thought would do well for changing the game. Which was then laughed off and mocked over testing the settings. Putting a heavier stunt on actually getting a lobby together. 

I wouldn't be spending ages here arguing if lobbies were set up properly, and the Discord was managed well, on top of putting the emphasis where it should be, arguably, given the initial discussion and reason I even took part in the discussion. And I know this because I didn't sit here when Evolved was a thing and we set up lobbies fine and consistently tested things and played games for months, consistently having full and overflowing lobbies, until it petered out. It hasn't even been a true month here and there's like, maybe some 2v2 lobbies of these extraneous settings going on. With NOTHING for V8.

The problem isn't the people arguing. The problem is the people leading the ship don't corral the people arguing and give them a reason to stop arguing.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

You guys sure like to talk about a lot of stuff that no one with any power will ever read.

Welcome to team beyond my friend

• Upvote (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Except no one actually setup or ran testing lobbies for V8, no one would even begin testing or pushing out changes. All the lobbies listed were for PC, or were majority PC-based. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the last lobby was setup on the 13th. There was no @ing everyone. No active communication. 

As a member, we shouldn't be the ones setting up lobbies, and there was no effort on the part of the leadership to do anything. And you know, there's the entire thing with making a Discord for updated Reach MM settings, including V8, putting an emphasis on it, then making a Discord based around modded settings, with only one thread for V8 well down the line of active channels. With said V8 channel never getting attention, especially recently, until I had to argue about something I thought would do well for changing the game. Which was then laughed off and mocked over testing the settings. Putting a heavier stunt on actually getting a lobby together. 

I wouldn't be spending ages here arguing if lobbies were set up properly, and the Discord was managed well, on top of putting the emphasis where it should be, arguably, given the initial discussion and reason I even took part in the discussion. And I know this because I didn't sit here when Evolved was a thing and we set up lobbies fine and consistently tested things and played games for months, consistently having full and overflowing lobbies, until it petered out. It hasn't even been a true month here and there's like, maybe some 2v2 lobbies of these extraneous settings going on. With NOTHING for V8.

The problem isn't the people arguing. The problem is the people leading the ship don't corral the people arguing and give them a reason to stop arguing.

How can you set up lobbies with nobody responding? Sure I didn't ping people after even your glorious @everyone ping literally had ZERO people responding, I will agree that you can always do more but 12 people have the xbox role and they are on different timezones and schedules, almost everybody with highschool math knowledge could figure out how high the chance for a lobby of 8 people would be.
Mentioning around 50 people at that time had 0 people responding, I wonder if mentioning 12 people will get much more of a reaction.

Nobody said members should set up the lobbies, you guys don't even have the ability to talk in the channel for upcomming lobbies so assuming that would be a stretch. And I agree that the "leadership" doesn't do much, I thought @Hard Way has connections to whatever people decide things but he has been fairly inactive and for the one xbox lobby he talked about he didn't bother posting in the upcomming-lobbies channel.
Not sure why it would be all on me, I made this discord for the Gold Pro settings not v8 specifically but was fine with the idea to also use it for the v8 testing if people show interest, that's why Hard Way got the team role as soon as he joined.
Additionally I am not going to argue with myself or @Basu in the v8 channel if we have already talked about things and set up map versions in forge, the discussion channel is meant for people that want to bring up their opinion, like you did lately, just that removing the sniper entirely because of flinch is more unrealistic than 343 releasing a good Halo game, that's why people didn't take it serious.

Seems like people actually were interested to play Evolved then, if nobody wants to play Reach I can't force people to do so.
The reason why modding is now in the focus is because we actually managed to get 4 people to play, which is much larger number than the 0 people that responded to the xbox lobby. If you want to get more focus on v8 I can give you the team role and you can try to announce more lobbies, I am honestly just not that interested anymore knowing that nobody responded the first time and no other team member ever tried to annouce something, especially if we have nobody else with a connection to 343 than Hard Way it seems pointless without him showing interest.
It really is as easy as that, I am sure you will find something to argue again but effectively we can only play if people are willing to play and it didn't look like that to me at all.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

How can you set up lobbies with nobody responding? Sure I didn't ping people after even your glorious @everone ping literally had ZERO people responding, I will agree that you can always do more but 12 people have the xbox role and they are on different timezones and schedules, almost everybody with highschool math knowledge could figure out how high the chance for a lobby of 8 people would be.
Mentioning around 50 people at that time had 0 people responding, I wonder if mentioning 12 people will get much more of a reaction.

Nobody said members should set up the lobbies, you guys don't even have the ability to talk in the channel for upcomming lobbies so assuming that would be a stretch. And I agree that the "leadership" doesn't do much, I thought @Hard Way has connections to whatever people decide things but he has been fairly inactive and for the one xbox lobby he talked about he didn't bother posting in the upcomming-lobbies channel.
Not sure why it would be all on me, I made this discord for the Gold Pro settings not v8 specifically but was fine with the idea to also use it for the v8 testing if people show interest, that's why Hard Way got the team role as soon as he joined.
Additionally I am not going to argue with myself or @Basu in the v8 channel if we have already talked about things and set up map versions in forge, the discussion channel is meant for people that want to bring up their opinion, like you did lately, just that removing the sniper entirely because of flinch is more unrealistic than 343 releasing a good Halo game, that's why people didn't take it serious.

Seems like people actually were interested to play Evolved then, if nobody wants to play Reach I can't force people to do so.
The reason why modding is now in the focus is because we actually managed to get 4 people to play, which is much larger number than the 0 people that responded to the xbox lobby. If you want to get more focus on v8 I can give you the team role and you can try to announce more lobbies, I am honestly just not that interested anymore knowing that nobody responded the first time and no other team member ever tried to annouce something, especially if we have nobody else with a connection to 343 than Hard Way it seems pointless without him showing interest.
It really is as easy as that, I am sure you will find something to argue again but effectively we can only play if people are willing to play and it didn't look like that to me at all.

You used the "everyone" function four times overall, and less than that in relation to V8 lobbies. Less times than you have fingers. That isn't at all a warranted reason to just give up. It needs to be consistent. You can't get mad at the one time people don't respond. It won't be an everytime thing. Again, as we know from Evolved.

Second, yeah, Hard Way's a big part of this. The dude began the thread we're speaking on, pushed for this, and then did jackshit to cultivate settings or testing lobbies when given the opportunity with a community, so it unironically died. He's put more work into social Reach than actual comp Reach settings tweaks he started. It's more so his fault over yours, so I don't wanna roast just you over this. But. If we're gonna have a push for better settings, something I want so much, we definitely need a better leader there. We can't just have someone who dips or doesn't put in effort, or time to push something out. Because we get this. Why spearhead the movement when you don't do anything with it?

Third, this is gonna be a sorta mixed topic. I get you made the Discord more so for GP. BUT. You posted it in a thread where people were talking about V8 and changed comp settings. Not to shove your shit out, but I do not think people joined to play random modded PC settings, evident by the population, and did join for comp games and test lobbies. I didn't even join for modded lobbies. I don't give a shit about them, lol. I just wanted a place to play and talk on V8, or hypothetical changes because that's what I was raving about in that thread. I don't think I'm alone in saying that's what I came for. And that brings up its own point. WHY are they even merged Discords. Make a V8 Discord, and a GP Discord. You can't really have both, it seems. One just gets mismanaged and poorly treated. And the other is left to the minority.

People were interested in Evolved because we were able to set up lobbies and consistently push changes and shit out daily. We were active, and also set up lobbies properly, and put a heavy emphasis on dates and times. We spitballed random shit to see how it'd go, and actively fine tuned stuff mid-session, so we weren't going days at a time just doing nothing, waiting for changes. We advertised it pretty well. To the point where well over half our original Discord HATED Halo 5 and would still play it for Evolved. And in the end, people only left because they hated the base game, and had social feuds, not because the actual gametype itself was poorly managed.

The potential is there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You used the "everyone" function four times overall, and less than that in relation to V8 lobbies. Less times than you have fingers. That isn't at all a warranted reason to just give up. It needs to be consistent. You can't get mad at the one time people don't respond. It won't be an everytime thing. Again, as we know from Evolved.

Second, yeah, Hard Way's a big part of this. The dude began the thread we're speaking on, pushed for this, and then did jackshit to cultivate settings or testing lobbies when given the opportunity with a community, so it unironically died. He's put more work into social Reach than actual comp Reach settings tweaks he started. It's more so his fault over yours, so I don't wanna roast just you over this. But. If we're gonna have a push for better settings, something I want so much, we definitely need a better leader there. We can't just have someone who dips or doesn't put in effort, or time to push something out. Because we get this. Why spearhead the movement when you don't do anything with it?

Third, this is gonna be a sorta mixed topic. I get you made the Discord more so for GP. BUT. You posted it in a thread where people were talking about V8 and changed comp settings. Not to shove your shit out, but I do not think people joined to play random modded PC settings, evident by the population, and did join for comp games and test lobbies. I didn't even join for modded lobbies. I don't give a shit about them, lol. I just wanted a place to play and talk on V8, or hypothetical changes because that's what I was raving about in that thread. I don't think I'm alone in saying that's what I came for. And that brings up its own point. WHY are they even merged Discords. Make a V8 Discord, and a GP Discord. You can't really have both, it seems. One just gets mismanaged and poorly treated. And the other is left to the minority.

People were interested in Evolved because we were able to set up lobbies and consistently push changes and shit out daily. We were active, and also set up lobbies properly, and put a heavy emphasis on dates and times. We spitballed random shit to see how it'd go, and actively fine tuned stuff mid-session, so we weren't going days at a time just doing nothing, waiting for changes. We advertised it pretty well. To the point where well over half our original Discord HATED Halo 5 and would still play it for Evolved. And in the end, people only left because they hated the base game, and had social feuds, not because the actual gametype itself was poorly managed.

The potential is there.

You really like italics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Yeah then do it yourself if you want v8 so much and want to make a dedicated discord for it, nobody is stopping you.
You also have been talking about what was done wrong rather than taking part yourself in discussion about maps or whatever, and don't reference the sniper suggestion here, despite your reasoning for it you know it won't make it.

Just because I made this discord (which btw is way more than anybody else has done) doesn't mean I really care for the v8 settings, and I am not really mad about anything either. I don't even know why I returned to this shit franchise after being gone for 5 years, nothing changed, the game is still not meant to be competitive and that's why it's not treated that way.

These days we have people talking how AR starts would fix Reach BTB and people saying a 10 year old console port would be super competitive if you deleted controllers. Do you seriously think I take any part of this shitshow serious?

1 minute ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Yeah then do it yourself if you want v8 so much and want to make a dedicated discord for it, nobody is stopping you.
You also have been talking about what was done wrong rather than taking part yourself in discussion about maps or whatever, and don't reference the sniper suggestion here, despite your reasoning for it you know it won't make it.

Just because I made this discord (which btw is way more than anybody else has done) doesn't mean I really care for the v8 settings, and I am not really mad about anything either. I don't even know why I returned to this shit franchise after being gone for 5 years, nothing changed, the game is still not meant to be competitive and that's why it's not treated that way.

These days we have people talking how AR starts would fix Reach BTB and people saying a 10 year old console port would be super competitive if you deleted controllers. Do you seriously think I take any of this shitshow serious?

If you're not gonna take it seriously, then I'd suggest not even bothering. Not to be a dick, but that mindset's defo not gonna go anywhere. Gotta have some drive, over just coming into it with a "this shit sucks anyway" mentality.

I would make a Discord if I knew it'd be a long haul thing and people had the interest and drive I did, guaranteed, on top of a will to just be open and play random settings to see what would work or feel good. Who knows, maybe I will. Maybe I'll make it with blackjack and hookers for all I know. 

On that, I didn't say you cared, necessarily, or that you were mad. It was just a figurative phrase. Near hyperbole.

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

If you're not gonna take it seriously, then I'd suggest not even bothering. Not to be a dick, but that mindset's defo not gonna go anywhere. Gotta have some drive, over just coming into it with a "this shit sucks anyway" mentality.

I would make a Discord if I knew it'd be a long haul thing and people had the interest and drive I did, guaranteed, on top of a will to just be open and play random settings to see what would work or feel good. Who knows, maybe I will. Maybe I'll make it with blackjack and hookers for all I know. 

On that, I didn't say you cared, necessarily, or that you were mad. It was just a figurative phrase. Near hyperbole.

I mean you are probably right, there is not much point in me doing this if I don't take it too serious.
That said I thought starting out with it would get more people interested in helping out since it's a community effort to make the v8 changes, and no that doesn't mean that I thought I have to do nothing because I got the ball rolling, it means that I am just a human being that doesn't want to spend its entire free time promoting stuff that nobody else cares for.

But the modded settings have been fun to play, so I would say me making the discord was a success so far from my pov.

Well I take the feedback obviously but it's a bit strange to me that you also didn't feel like making the discord if you care so much about v8.
We can attempt lobbies again, I am not against it, so in that sense your messages did something. I would suggest selecting the xbox role on the discord since I think it's fair for the PC players to not get pinged if they don't want to play on xbox.

And on the last sentence, I took no offence anyways so it's all good.

@TheIcePrincess Sure you can blame us for the v8 testing not taking off, but then again what is that going to change? We initially added v8 because we expected there to be strong overlap between MLG v8 gametypes and Goldpro. @Warlord Wossmanand I had test versions all the maps ready to go and wanted to get people to test them, but turns out nobody showed up for testing on Xbox. You can blame us for not abusing @everyone enough but then again nobody was even talking about v8. People were playing Mythic and grinding their shiny armors in Reach MM, not that I'm hating but I don't see how you can blame us for not trying. 

Things changed quickly when Sitris mod came to be and our attention was quickly diverted because for the first time in Halos existence we could make meaningful changes and actually test them after years of being Halo scientists writing another forum essay how fast a projectile should fly or if the PR needs plasma stun. You have a point that at this time we maybe should've split the discord and Wossman even talked about deleting the v8 channel because no one used it anyways. 

Keep in mind though that despite playing much better Halo by that point we were always down for v8 testing on Xbox (Hardways Thursday lobby comes to mind) but again no one showed up and one guy talked about that lobby in the chat. Until you reawakened the v8 channel yesterday no one actually discussed things. We can spam people and tag everyone to maybe get them to show up for lobbies but we can't force people to talk about settings if they don't want to. 

It might make sense to delete the v8 channel and make a new discord for that. You're right. But as said before there's a lot of shit talking about the settings but getting people to show up for lobbies or provide a constructive idea how the settings should be improved is another (not talking about you here).

I think at this stage the shared discord is the best option, splitting it up now is just gonna leave more people behind.

It being on the same discord shouldn't be a problem at all, that is what the roles are for after all. We just need people interested in playing, we can try to get xbox lobbies this weekend, would personally like to hear from Hard Way, guess if he is still interested he must have been pretty busy...

4 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I think at this stage the shared discord is the best option, splitting it up now is just gonna leave more people behind.

It being on the same discord shouldn't be a problem at all, that is what the roles are for after all. We just need people interested in playing, we can try to get xbox lobbies this weekend, would personally like to hear from Hard Way, guess if he is still interested he must have been pretty busy...

Damn you warlord you called me out for my ar/pistol starts for btb. Come on mannnnn, I just want my pc people to not leave. And besides maybe 343 would grow a pair and make another TU or update the TU, and make changes to the current one once people realize they’re too weak off spawn. I personally prefer starting out with a dmr, but I as hard as I try, I can’t keep the masses from disagreeing.

On 12/27/2019 at 2:21 AM, TheIcePrincess said:

d3s2bi8.png

Finished the season's worth of tiers today. Have to give 343i insane props for this unlock system's length and lack of stupidly cheesy, long-ass levels, even without double XP. Best progression system since Halo 4's by a long shot. Simple, easy, relaxing, and effective.

Thecantankerousprincess

The finger pointing can stop. I made the thread, I wanted to work on it, and I got distracted with other stuff. At the time, I thought it had enough legs to carry on without me, but that's not really an excuse. If it had my full attention, I think I could have made it work. I still think we can make positive changes, but it's gonna be hard for me to organize it. In a couple weeks, I'm moving to Maryland for 21 weeks for some Army training, and I don't know what my free time is gonna look like. In the meantime, I've been trying to get my affairs in order to prepare, in between an increased workload at work. It's just been busy for me.

Sitri's mod did pull a lot of attention away from v8, but that's totally understandable. The shit is dope. There's plenty of people that would be interested in updating to v8, so we don't need to blame a 4 person custom game on that not happening.

Anyways, this can still happen. All that's necessary is corralling the maps and modes you're curious about, posting a day and time in the thread (where more people will see it than a discord), @ing some people, and use Looking For Group to fill your lobby. Getting in touch with Tashi on Twitter would be a good idea too, as I'm sure he's got his own ideas for what to do.  It's not terribly difficult. It just takes being proactive, which unfortunately, I'm not right now. And I'm not sure when I will be.

As for focusing on Social over Competitive, it was just easier. I didn't need anyone to help playtest or gather maps or anything. I saw a problem and I knew how to solve it. The whole proposal, research included, only took a few hours. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in v8 anymore. But even if it did, so what? It's my own time, and it's not beholden to anybody. Whatever energy gets spent resenting how I spend my time would be better spent mustering some proactivity and doing it yourself.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Sody91 said:

Thecantankerousprincess

Yiss. Although, the post you quoted to call me that was weird. When I'm being the antithesis of that.

8 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I mean you are probably right, there is not much point in me doing this if I don't take it too serious.
That said I thought starting out with it would get more people interested in helping out since it's a community effort to make the v8 changes, and no that doesn't mean that I thought I have to do nothing because I got the ball rolling, it means that I am just a human being that doesn't want to spend its entire free time promoting stuff that nobody else cares for.

But the modded settings have been fun to play, so I would say me making the discord was a success so far from my pov.

Well I take the feedback obviously but it's a bit strange to me that you also didn't feel like making the discord if you care so much about v8.
We can attempt lobbies again, I am not against it, so in that sense your messages did something. I would suggest selecting the xbox role on the discord since I think it's fair for the PC players to not get pinged if they don't want to play on xbox.

And on the last sentence, I took no offence anyways so it's all good.

I didn't feel like making the Discord because I thought we had people already making something partially dedicated to it, and I was occupied, making my actions redundant and a flight risk. I joined, over leading that charge for those reason.

And to be fair, I'm not saying your making the Discord as a whole was a failure. I just don't like the handling of it in a comp settings update thread and then getting nothing on that in the least.

6 hours ago, Basu said:

@TheIcePrincess Sure you can blame us for the v8 testing not taking off, but then again what is that going to change? We initially added v8 because we expected there to be strong overlap between MLG v8 gametypes and Goldpro. @Warlord Wossmanand I had test versions all the maps ready to go and wanted to get people to test them, but turns out nobody showed up for testing on Xbox. You can blame us for not abusing @everyone enough but then again nobody was even talking about v8. People were playing Mythic and grinding their shiny armors in Reach MM, not that I'm hating but I don't see how you can blame us for not trying. 

Things changed quickly when Sitris mod came to be and our attention was quickly diverted because for the first time in Halos existence we could make meaningful changes and actually test them after years of being Halo scientists writing another forum essay how fast a projectile should fly or if the PR needs plasma stun. You have a point that at this time we maybe should've split the discord and Wossman even talked about deleting the v8 channel because no one used it anyways. 

Keep in mind though that despite playing much better Halo by that point we were always down for v8 testing on Xbox (Hardways Thursday lobby comes to mind) but again no one showed up and one guy talked about that lobby in the chat. Until you reawakened the v8 channel yesterday no one actually discussed things. We can spam people and tag everyone to maybe get them to show up for lobbies but we can't force people to talk about settings if they don't want to. 

It might make sense to delete the v8 channel and make a new discord for that. You're right. But as said before there's a lot of shit talking about the settings but getting people to show up for lobbies or provide a constructive idea how the settings should be improved is another (not talking about you here).

It could change styles in getting things going. Although, expecting an overlap in V8 and GP is funky as hell. Because they, and what the gametype turned into are nothing alike.

Again, we had active users, and nearly 80 overall, but no one would talk or spurn V8. A ton of people for their own reasons would just remain silent, and the remainders just modded the PC game for niche settings that the majority of the Discord don't play, and left a ton of people in the dust. Nobody was talking because it's literally a cesspool of randoms and the people who DID talk (leaders/discord beginners) wouldn't speak up about settings, or put effort to push them out, because they were occupied elsewhere. 

Again, we've only used the "everyone" tag four times, and we never put an emphasis on testing lobbies. And we can't just give up after one falters. 

It's not a matter of people not wanting to play. The people joined TO PLAY. They just weren't given a reason to play and stay. I'm pretty sure if they just wanted to grind MM unlocks or Mythic, they wouldn't be bothering going onto a thread for updated HC settings, joining a Discord under the guise of testing that, or playing that, and sitting in that Discord for nearly a month. And even IF they went back to grinding those, it's because a reason was never given to divert away from that. Again, with Evolved we had people not completing Halo 5's REQ unlocks by 2016 joining and just playing because the settings were good/entertaining enough, and we PUSHED for lobbies constantly while ensuring people knew to arrive. AND we had a silent majority while also having stacked lobbies. Despite people hating that game. So we had the silent dynamic, a minority doing their thing. And we still had to run concurrent lobbies and parties just to fit people in.

48 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The finger pointing can stop. I made the thread, I wanted to work on it, and I got distracted with other stuff. At the time, I thought it had enough legs to carry on without me, but that's not really an excuse. If it had my full attention, I think I could have made it work. I still think we can make positive changes, but it's gonna be hard for me to organize it. In a couple weeks, I'm moving to Maryland for 21 weeks for some Army training, and I don't know what my free time is gonna look like. In the meantime, I've been trying to get my affairs in order to prepare, in between an increased workload at work. It's just been busy for me.

Sitri's mod did pull a lot of attention away from v8, but that's totally understandable. The shit is dope. There's plenty of people that would be interested in updating to v8, so we don't need to blame a 4 person custom game on that not happening.

Anyways, this can still happen. All that's necessary is corralling the maps and modes you're curious about, posting a day and time in the thread (where more people will see it than a discord), @ing some people, and use Looking For Group to fill your lobby. Getting in touch with Tashi on Twitter would be a good idea too, as I'm sure he's got his own ideas for what to do.  It's not terribly difficult. It just takes being proactive, which unfortunately, I'm not right now. And I'm not sure when I will be.

As for focusing on Social over Competitive, it was just easier. I didn't need anyone to help playtest or gather maps or anything. I saw a problem and I knew how to solve it. The whole proposal, research included, only took a few hours. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in v8 anymore. But even if it did, so what? It's my own time, and it's not beholden to anybody. Whatever energy gets spent resenting how I spend my time would be better spent mustering some proactivity and doing it yourself.

Okay. But the thing here, is you ghosted. You didn't ever bring up time aspects in a public manner, or that you didn't, or couldn't feasibly lead the charge. Even in Discord. The only thing you said there was hating the platform for (ironically enough) getting notification spammed. You're not obligated to spend your time doing shit for others, definitely. I get you have your shit you wanna do, or have to do. But you made the thread, pushed for stuff to get rolling, pushed OTHERS to do their part, joined the Discord, and then left without a word. Without pushing for settings, or maps, or lobbies, or anything. Despite being the essential head of the thread and settings changes, with some influence on their implementation. You haven't even used the Discord since the 10th. Over two weeks. And you've done nothing. Effectively wasting my time, and essential breath, let alone others, because nothing happened and you got caught up in other stuff. With no precursor to that.

I guess my thing is, bar what feels like a time waste, why even take the reins of this if you had future plans, or other things to do, or had the inkling of an idea that your time may not be free to lead this sorta thing. I followed you, the thread, and the Discord because I expected one to be leading it. I didn't expect said leader to dip and then be told "you do it" when I get miffed they don't do anything. That's a bit of a slap in the face given I didn't spend time in the first place doing all this shit for those reasons, myself. Because it might've lead to this at the time. The finger pointing will stop when responsibility is just taken by the project lead. Because you are for all intents and purposes the lead behind this. Either lead or don't. Don't get miffy if people speak up on it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4v4 GP on Xbox and MLG have tons of overlap. The mod is a completely different beast from the original Goldpro settings and as I said the focus of the discord completely shifted towards mod because interest in v8 wasn't there. 

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yiss. Although, the post you quoted to call me that was weird. When I'm being the antithesis of that.

I didn't feel like making the Discord because I thought we had people already making something partially dedicated to it, and I was occupied, making my actions redundant and a flight risk. I joined, over leading that charge for those reason.

And to be fair, I'm not saying your making the Discord as a whole was a failure. I just don't like the handling of it in a comp settings update thread and then getting nothing on that in the least.

It could change styles in getting things going. Although, expecting an overlap in V8 and GP is funky as hell. Because they, and what the gametype turned into are nothing alike.

Again, we had active users, and nearly 80 overall, but no one would talk or spurn V8. A ton of people for their own reasons would just remain silent, and the remainders just modded the PC game for niche settings that the majority of the Discord don't play, and left a ton of people in the dust. Nobody was talking because it's literally a cesspool of randoms and the people who DID talk (leaders/discord beginners) wouldn't speak up about settings, or put effort to push them out, because they were occupied elsewhere. 

Again, we've only used the "everyone" tag four times, and we never put an emphasis on testing lobbies. And we can't just give up after one falters. 

It's not a matter of people not wanting to play. The people joined TO PLAY. They just weren't given a reason to play and stay. I'm pretty sure if they just wanted to grind MM unlocks or Mythic, they wouldn't be bothering going onto a thread for updated HC settings, joining a Discord under the guise of testing that, or playing that, and sitting in that Discord for nearly a month. And even IF they went back to grinding those, it's because a reason was never given to divert away from that. Again, with Evolved we had people not completing Halo 5's REQ unlocks by 2016 joining and just playing because the settings were good/entertaining enough, and we PUSHED for lobbies constantly while ensuring people knew to arrive. AND we had a silent majority while also having stacked lobbies. Despite people hating that game. So we had the silent dynamic, a minority doing their thing. And we still had to run concurrent lobbies and parties just to fit people in.

Okay. But the thing here, is you ghosted. You didn't ever bring up time aspects in a public manner, or that you didn't, or couldn't feasibly lead the charge. Even in Discord. The only thing you said there was hating the platform for (ironically enough) getting notification spammed. You're not obligated to spend your time doing shit for others, definitely. I get you have your shit you wanna do, or have to do. But you made the thread, pushed for stuff to get rolling, pushed OTHERS to do their part, joined the Discord, and then left without a word. Without pushing for settings, or maps, or lobbies, or anything. Despite being the essential head of the thread and settings changes, with some influence on their implementation. You haven't even used the Discord since the 10th. Over two weeks. And you've done nothing. Effectively wasting my time, and essential breath, let alone others, because nothing happened and you got caught up in other stuff. With no precursor to that.

I guess my thing is, bar what feels like a time waste, why even take the reins of this if you had future plans, or other things to do, or had the inkling of an idea that your time may not be free to lead this sorta thing. I followed you, the thread, and the Discord because I expected one to be leading it. I didn't expect said leader to dip and then be told "you do it" when I get miffed they don't do anything. That's a bit of a slap in the face given I didn't spend time in the first place doing all this shit for those reasons, myself. Because it might've lead to this at the time. The finger pointing will stop when responsibility is just taken by the project lead. Because you are for all intents and purposes the lead behind this. Either lead or don't. Don't get miffy if people speak up on it.

The absolute fucking entitlement...

• Fire (+1) 3