CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Vyrst said:

If this doesnt look like Aim assist is amplified on computer then explain the fucking crackdown reticle lock on going down on the bottom screen

Dude in video is not using the same fov so distance and camera are distorted/not-same. Not going to claim the aim assist are the same because i havent tested but 343 have tweeted its the same values. It also looks like the xbox clip is aiming slightly higher so the pc dude is hitting the shoulders before xbox dude and had more spartan model to aim assist off of. 

also the 1st clip suggests more aim assist for pc and the 2nd clip suggests more aim assist for xbox. Thats fun. 

Go on 360 or BC Reach and run around the map in a 1v1 with a friend. You can literally not look away from enemies if they're close enough, the game has always had insane amounts of aim assist and bullet magnetism. Obviously better visibility, 60 FPS, no more cancerous motion blur, better hardware etc. play a role, so it might feel like it's easier to aim, but trust me that Reach has always been a joke.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Basu said:

Go on 360 or BC Reach and run around the map in a 1v1 with a friend. You can literally not look away from enemies if they're close enough, the game has always had insane amounts of aim assist and bullet magnetism. Obviously better visibility, 60 FPS, no more cancerous motion blur, better hardware etc. play a role, so it might feel like it's easier to aim, but trust me that Reach has always been a joke.

Can confirm.

1 hour ago, Vyrst said:

If this doesnt look like Aim assist is amplified on computer then explain the fucking crackdown reticle lock on going down on the bottom screen

I wasn’t specifically referencing AA, but I suppose that could attribute to it. 

For all this fuss for reach I can't wait till we get to the hit registration of Halo 2 and 3 for K+M vs Controller. Haha. I think it wont matter as much as we say, but we have to understand that some people have preferences. But for now, I think it's best we let people use what they want and let people enjoy the game. Reach released with right settings and strong interest, so over time most people will settle to the more popular Halo games, and it's looking like Halo 3 has the most hype and interest from the general fan base.

Let's just grow and play the game, I think people who are better will still be the better players in the server from what I have seen. There may be small advantages and bullshit, but this is Reach and we knew what kind of game this was, I mean it was the game that kinda killed off competitive Halo even though people enjoyed it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Vyrst said:

It has PATENTLY less magnetism. watch summit play the game

why? I already tested it genius. and other ppl have, why would I watch it lmao

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

U can go into a custom game urself. I have a gfycat at home but its literally the exact same magnetism on mouse as keyboard

Then there’s obviously something causing my obvious headshots to not be headshots

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Then there’s obviously something causing my obvious headshots to not be headshots

Welcome to fucking spread. How long have u been on this forum and u still havent learned that spread makes shots miss? Like cmon dude. 

3 miss because of spread. This isnt even max RRR (further away, more spread affects shit) and u can still be further away from the spartan model and get RR but it will miss more shots. 

Spread will make u miss body shots aiming dead center from opposite hut to flag on sanc unscoped. So if ur in a battle being descoped right before u shoot, ur literally praying to the rng gods. 

Controller in above gif btw (tho it doesnt matter. I already tested, its the same bullet mag).  

• Like (+1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 1

On 12/23/2019 at 3:20 AM, ChieftaiNZ said:

I've been saying controllers are OP since the 3rd flight. Hell, most of the people that were in the 3rd flight agreed, this shit isn't a new issue because summit is finally getting the word out. 

Fuck, I figured this will be a problem back before flighting even started.

unknown.png

na i figured it would be a problem 2 posts before where you posted that 

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Welcome to fucking spread. How long have u been on this forum and u still havent learned that spread makes shots miss? Like cmon dude. 

3 miss because of spread. This isnt even max RRR (further away, more spread affects shit) and u can still be further away from the spartan model and get RR but it will miss more shots.  Spread will make u miss body shots aiming dead center from opposite hut to flag on sanc unscoped. So if ur in a battle being descoped right before u shoot, ur literally praying to the rng gods. 

Controller in above gif btw (tho it doesnt matter. I already tested, its the same bullet mag).  

I wish more people realized this to complain about it. Watching people play Reach and not zoom in even on Nexus and get confused when people don't die sort of hurts me to watch

10 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

No.

YES.

the Reticle LITERALLY sticks to the player model longer than on Console. period. ive been trying this. Not more Magnetism? Then theres more fucking Sticky aim. either fucking way its easier. Xbox FOV is NOT the culprit i can aim fine and hit my shots FINE on Xbox. But Computer is Virtually PreSchool. im barely touching my right thumbstick. at all. a LUDICROUS degree of difference.

6 hours ago, Vyrst said:

YES.

the Reticle LITERALLY sticks to the player model longer than on Console. period. ive been trying this. Not more Magnetism? Then theres more fucking Sticky aim. either fucking way its easier. Xbox FOV is NOT the culprit i can aim fine and hit my shots FINE on Xbox. But Computer is Virtually PreSchool. im barely touching my right thumbstick. at all. a LUDICROUS degree of difference.

Well get better video proof. The one u posted suggests xbox has more aim assist in the 2nd clip. So obviously its not conclusive. First clip could just be a product of the sensitivities not being 1:1.  As far as i can tell its just less input lag. 

What's the point of having skill ranks when they dont display in the lobby or on Waypoint?  What's the point of having that & progression levels if there's no way to see which players are at the top?  Why play any other modes when only multiplayer gives you experience points?  Why play Hardcore when I can only talk to my teammates when I'm dead?  

I feel bad for the MKB players honestly, they deserved a better launch, but it seems like the Aim Assist on controllers drove a lot of them away.  And having absolutely zero in game tutorials to get them up to speed didn't help either.

If 343 indeed uses the Gearbox port again for this version of CE/MCC on PC...I'll have little hope for Halo in 2020.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

What's the point of having skill ranks when they dont display in the lobby or on Waypoint?  What's the point of having that & progression levels if there's no way to see which players are at the top?  Why play any other modes when only multiplayer gives you experience points?  Why play Hardcore when I can only talk to my teammates when I'm dead?  

I feel bad for the MKB players honestly, they deserved a better launch, but it seems like the Aim Assist on controllers drove a lot of them away.  And having absolutely zero in game tutorials to get them up to speed didn't help either.

If 343 indeed uses the Gearbox port again for this version of CE/MCC on PC...I'll have little hope for Halo in 2020.

They are 100% porting CE and H2V using the botched MCC versions. Expect a ton of hitreg issues on top of the other shit they're going to fuck up like framerate, aiming, audio, crashes etc.

Also fully agree on the UI stuff. Who thought that removing the skill ranks in the roster for ranked playlists was a good idea? Like holy shit did they ever even play this game? It's comical seemingly trivial things just get fucked up over and over again.

• Like (+1) 2

I completely forgot how dogshit of a gametype Headhunter is, especially for 4v4. It kind of works for Multi Team (RIP) and FFA, but if you can just hold hands with your teammates and pick up their skulls it defeats the purpose of the mode even existing. Classic Bungie who never tested their shit outside of fucking around in a custom on Hemmorhage. The laughable maps don't do the mode any favors either.

and of course shoutout to 343 for putting in it the same category as Oddball in the match composer though. Because they both have flaming skulls you know?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

I don't see the problem with Headhunter. Casual scrubs like running around and collecting the cool flaming skulls and trying to get points and the chads like statting on the casual scrubs collecting the cool flaming skulls trying to get points. It's a clear case of a win/win scenario. We need more gametypes like this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Headhunter is fine. Just don't give out your thoughts after a rough match. Opinions are best when they aren't fueled by anger or ignorance.

• Like (+1) 1

Fam I'm not having a hard time playing against bots in social MCC, the gametype just keeps showing up and is consistently no fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Basu said:

Fam I'm not having a hard time playing against bots in social MCC, the gametype just keeps showing up and is consistently no fun. 

Shouldn't you be swordlining in Grifball like everyone else?

25 minutes ago, Hully said:

Shouldn't you be swordlining in Grifball like everyone else?

I got yelled at by a squad of neckbeards for actually playing the game and not swordlining the one time I accidentally selected Grifball lmao.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Haven’t played Headhunter in weeks. The gametype is shit for 4v4. It’s fundamentally broken. Everything Basu said is correct. It works best in FFA, and it’s pretty fun in Multiteam despite its flaws, but it’s straight up bullshit in 4’s.

The gametype would be a better version of Kill Confirmed if you could delete your teammates’ skulls by touching them, there was only one hill at a time, the hill duration was doubled, respawns were longer than 5sec, and the rotation was static.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1