CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 hours ago, arglactable said:

Really? Do you want me to screen cap the hundreds of comments on Twitter, on Youtube, in Twitch chats, and even on this very forum that heavily imply and very often explicitly claim that PC players are just bad at the game and blaming aim assist instead of gitting gud? I am aware that exceptions exist, but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of fragile console gamer egos involved in this.

Thought you meant on here.

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Stop trying to bring back game chat for the love of fucking God. That time is over. No one wants to be forced to talk with random fuckwits on Xbox live.

I think we have talked about a "Game chat bleed through" option before.  Not sure how it would be implemented but it would be nice if i could be in party chat and still hear randoms on our team.  Then we can choose to swap to game chat.  Toggling bleed through and between party and game chat would need to be seamless though for that to be a good solution.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Yeah pretty funny how PC gamers always say mkb is superior yet their pros are complaining constantly about getting out-DMR'ed by avg reach players. Reach sucks but it's still funny to see given all the hype about halo coming to PC. Maybe the mkb inputs are messed up or something so maybe the comparison isn't valid to make yet.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone considered that bullet magnetism worked to offset the negative effects of bloom, and playing with a mouse disables bullet magnetism, so if a controller player and a mouse player both fired with the same amount of bloom, that the controller would land its shot (that should have actually missed) while the mouse player will not?  Just a thought.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Has anyone considered that bullet magnetism worked to offset the negative effects of bloom, and playing with a mouse disables bullet magnetism, so if a controller player and a mouse player both fired with the same amount of bloom, that the controller would land its shot (that should have actually missed) while the mouse player will not?  Just a thought.  

Mouse still has bullet mag.

13 hours ago, JordanB said:

MW2 was also the very beginning of party chat. 9 years ago. We just came off a time where og Xbox had game chat only and 2-3 years on Xbox 360 with game chat only. Party chat was like a new technology that some people used but many people just used game chat bec it was what they were used to. 

Everybody uses party chat today. It doesn't matter if it's 1 friend or 7 friends all playing the same game - we still get in a party chat. Why? The biggest reason is we're just used to it. It's also bec we can get in a party and talk about what we want to do without having to go on Halo, invite player, then wait for everyone to do the same and join the lobby before we can even beginning discussing what to play. And if 1 friend gets disconnected from the game, we're not all wondering "wtf happened where did he go", then have to wait for the game to be over, re-invite and hope he joins back. Instead he's in the party and can say right then and there.

If you make a playlist that required game-chat then everybody is just going to create a discord server and talk through there. 

Fair enough. Like i said, me and my mates wouldn't really be affected negatively by gamechat being a priority as opposed to the current situation. So it's hard to understand why some people don't like gamechat. Like, there's a big fat mute button right there. Anyway, the whole thing is kind of a moot point because it's unlikely to be changed.

14 hours ago, JordanB said:

If you make a playlist that required game-chat then everybody is just going to create a discord server and talk through there. 

It's not a terrible idea though, sure you will have ppl in discord but they will still be forced into gamechat and they will hear their teammates calling out if there are any. And best case scenario one guy who's on discord may actually talk to the ingame teammate  while also calling out to their discord buddies who aren't in game chat. Maybe even callout for his buddies who aren't in game chat.

Then there's the issue of ppl who see that "gamechat required" notification and just say "fuck it" and quit

Has anyone noticed a clear difference in using a controller on PC vs Xbox? 
I played exclusively PC until I went home for Christmas and took my Xbox and my aim feels so much more janky. I’m using the exact same settings as what I was using on PC, but my aim feels sporadic at times. PC just felt so much more fluid and precise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I played exclusively PC until I went home for Christmas and took my Xbox and my aim feels so much more janky. I’m using the exact same settings as what I was using on PC, but my aim feels sporadic at times. PC just felt so much more fluid and precise.

well xbox has vsync and shitty fov that could be a culprit

• Like (+1) 4

Little late but yeah count me out on gamechat. It seems the only people who actually have mics anymore bitch about everything twice as much as they call out. I know there was a lot of that before, but it seems as if people have gotten even angrier over the last 8 years. Had a game earlier where a guy was bitching non stop about how bad the rest of the team was, you all know the drill. Quits out and he was 9-21.

I also went neg 10 that game so I wasn't doing much better. But either just call out, or shut the fuck up. No one wants to hear anyone's nerd rage, I just wanna play Halo. You don't need to tell me I suck, I know that and I say it myself enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

21 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

Little late but yeah count me out on gamechat. It seems the only people who actually have mics anymore bitch about everything twice as much as they call out. I know there was a lot of that before, but it seems as if people have gotten even angrier over the last 8 years. Had a game earlier where a guy was bitching non stop about how bad the rest of the team was, you all know the drill. Quits out and he was 9-21.

I also went neg 10 that game so I wasn't doing much better. But either just call out, or shut the fuck up. No one wants to hear anyone's nerd rage, I just wanna play Halo. You don't need to tell me I suck, I know that and I say it myself enough.

That's literally everyone playing Halo since forever lol I thought about making a compilation on youtube of embarrassing upset players in game chat but figured it would be a little mean even if stuff like that might start getting some people to quit being ridiculous 

1 hour ago, znot said:

well xbox has vsync and shitty fov that could be a culprit

Those both sound like they could be contributing to the problem 

I typically don’t like playing with a 27 inch monitor but I think I’m going to plug it in and play with freesync and see if it does anything. 

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

That's literally everyone playing Halo since forever lol I thought about making a compilation on youtube of embarrassing upset players in game chat but figured it would be a little mean even if stuff like that might start getting some people to quit being ridiculous 

I know there have always been people like that, like a lot of them. I think there is just a higher percentage of them now. They used to get to me and make me feel shitty, now they're just annoying. I've found just hitting them with the classic, "ur mom gay" in chat is the best response. Usually results in them getting even angrier and calling me the N word when they are clearly white. Or the R/F words that people were phasing out when this game first came out, showing the type of person they really are.

People need to learn to just shut up and play the game. Not like any of us are prepping to go to Columbus 2011 or some shit.

• Like (+1) 1

I can see why a lot of people would prefer controller. The game has an 'ancient' feel to it, with all the sliding and hopping around in FPS games nowadays, especially with overwatch introducing character abilities that we see in almost every AAA FPS with multiplayer. There's not as much that you have to do, and moving from K+M from controller without looking at my key bindings did make it feel jerky and sporadic at first. But after a few hour sessions playing I would argue that the long-run move would be to move from controller to K+M if you want to take this game seriously. I think right now we see a lot of stubbornness when it comes to just playing it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if some pro players were the exception (but I doubt that would benefit them when top players get used to K+M).

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anything I bet the pro players would be more willing to switch than the average casual player.

If you haven't played Reach PC on both mkb and controller, than you honestly do not have any room to give your opinion on this subject. The aim assist/magnetism, whichever, is definitely set to high right now on controller. Once you get to about 25-30, no one is missing shots. I've actually been surprised by how much I enjoyed mkb in Halo. I really enjoyed it on Destiny 2, but I didnt really trust 343 to do it correctly..and I guess being objective it's still pretty janky. I just now have some hope they might nail it for infinite. Personally, I think there is no reason to separate the inputs, just balance them better. I think you kill the game if you separate it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

23 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Yeah pretty funny how PC gamers always say mkb is superior yet their pros are complaining constantly about getting out-DMR'ed by avg reach players. Reach sucks but it's still funny to see given all the hype about halo coming to PC. Maybe the mkb inputs are messed up or something so maybe the comparison isn't valid to make yet.

Are you even paying attention

whenever a deluded ****** tells you aim assist isn't that significant (or that he's just 'gross'), ask him to 5 shot a strafing teammate

it's just not happening, and aim assist will always be huge insofar as it allows players to 5sk consistently where they otherwise couldn't

edit: we can't even say r3t4rd on here? JFC

17 hours ago, Nokt said:

If this doesnt look like Aim assist is amplified on computer then explain the fucking crackdown reticle lock on going down on the bottom screen

2 hours ago, Strikah said:

If anything I bet the pro players would be more willing to switch than the average casual player.

If you haven't played Reach PC on both mkb and controller, than you honestly do not have any room to give your opinion on this subject. The aim assist/magnetism, whichever, is definitely set to high right now on controller. Once you get to about 25-30, no one is missing shots. I've actually been surprised by how much I enjoyed mkb in Halo. I really enjoyed it on Destiny 2, but I didnt really trust 343 to do it correctly..and I guess being objective it's still pretty janky. I just now have some hope they might nail it for infinite. Personally, I think there is no reason to separate the inputs, just balance them better. I think you kill the game if you separate it.

Online FPS Needs to be seperated by peripheral. These Input devices DO NOT get along. games are already seperated by multiple systems often. instead they could just have 2 server seperations. Thimbstick and Mouse

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

Online FPS Needs to be seperated by peripheral. These Input devices DO NOT get along. games are already seperated by multiple systems often. instead they could just have 2 server seperations. Thimbstick and Mouse

Love him or hate him, Vyrst is spittin facts.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Vyrst said:

It has PATENTLY less magnetism. watch summit play the game

U can go into a custom game urself. I have a gfycat at home but its literally the exact same magnetism on mouse as ~~keyboard~~ controller*

• Upvote (+1) 1