CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

41 minutes ago, Arlong said:

YAY! Element is coming back! 

40 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

aren't they known to say a lot of things that never happen tho? also changing Penance TS to a boring slayer map won't save the settings lol

The funny part is "in partnership with the community", where the hell was that communicated? I think Element is a solid although rather dull map and this still doesn't solve the other issues like BC Slayer, Sanc's broken sightlines due to no raised cars etc. etc.

And yes this could all be total bs for all we know.

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Both amp and ons were on the chopping list waiting for a replacement.  

that said i dont remember why citadel didnt get used. Its probably just too easy to control. No reason to move just like pit. Ctf might be too easy to score. 

I think it was because of how bad/weird it gets when a bunch of people all start using the geometry around the ceiling to jump and hide. You almost couldn't push people if they setup the right way. It was actually a very awkward map because bungie couldn't help themselves with weird spots, angles and textures. It should've been great but they sort of held themselves back with weird little things. At least it wasn't a nightmare like Assembly testing though. I probably would've played citadel anyways over amp. CTF iirc it was just way too hard to stop a decent flag run if they pulled it while people were dead. Whoever didn't die pretty much had to get an overkill or it was going in

6 hours ago, Riddler said:

Both amp and ons were on the chopping list waiting for a replacement.  

Were they? The only criticism I can recall with those two maps is that they were extremely basic. Weren't people trying to get Onslaught back for Reach at some point?

Re: Citadel and those ceiling cubbies, you should be able to block all that shit off with those forerunner container objects from the carbine/BR rooms. Those are available forge objects on that map, IIRC Citadel had a decent amount of stuff for not being a dedicated forge map. Ghost forging still works in MCC, right?

Can I just say...

I cannot stand posts like these. I don’t understand why people even bother playing video games if not for the enjoyment of playing itself. It’s such a shame how much people have been conditioned to play for some totally arbitrary “progression”.

Less relevant to Halo, but it’s even more embarrassing when someone whines about the cosmetic unlocking system in a free game.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Can I just say...

I cannot stand posts like these. I don’t understand why people even bother playing video games if not for the enjoyment of playing itself. It’s such a shame how much people have been conditioned to play for some totally arbitrary “progression”.

Less relevant to Halo, but it’s even more embarrassing when someone whines about the cosmetic unlocking system in a free game.

i saw that too and thought the same thing. its annoying because i want to just play the game. devs make matches last shorter so the game can end so the player can look at his progression being boosted at the end of the match with points and stuff. some how people love this shit though

26 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Can I just say...

Like you said, it's all conditioning. Customization is important to a lot of people in terms of video games. Unfortunately the most profitable model is to make every modern shooter into a massive time sink if you want to progress through anything. Every developer wants you playing their game every day, and they have progression systems that reflect that. If you actively play more than two or three games, you're sacrificing progression and therefore customization on something. 

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, when one of the biggest selling points of Reach is having your custom spartan as the main character in campaign, it’s no wonder that people want to actually customize said character.

Not to mention how the original version of Reach gave you credits for every possible activity in the game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't mean to sound like a gatekeeper but if you seriously don't feel like playing a game because you're progressing through a totally arbitrary system just a little too slowly, maybe video games aren't for you? I really feel like some of these people could get more enjoyment or productivity out of another hobby. It's such a strange mentality to me.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I really don't mean to sound like a gatekeeper but if you seriously don't feel like playing a game because you're not progressing through a totally arbitrary system just a little too slowly, maybe video games aren't for you? I really feel like some of these people could get more enjoyment or productivity out of another hobby. It's such a strange mentality to me.

That wasnt his complaint.

His complaint was that in order to actually have his custom character in Campaign, which again, is a big selling point, he is forced to play the part he does not enjoy.

And this restriction did not exist in the original version.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think you guys understand. Progression is a need for a video game, or else it’s ability to get stale happens very quickly outside of core fans. You and I are long term players who play no matter what will most likely never quit a game we love very dear. 

loot is a common way to keep gamers to 1. Keep playing, 2. Increased revenue(cosmetic micros) 3. Enjoyment. 
Most people love to grind for something, whether that’s in RL or a video game. In real life if your boss asks you to work harder(this is taking into account you’re doing a good job already and in no ways would be in trouble if you refused) you’ll want to Be compensated in some way, since my boss asking nicely I’m afraid isn’t good enough for me.

Playing the game is one thing but eventually that game gets boring because what I’m doing is repetitive. 
now here’s where a progression system comes in handy. It’s the missing puzzle piece.  
right now the current progression sucks because The XP preventing me from anything meaningful. That armor I desire is locked behind over 150000 XP is bs. 

You weren’t gonna finish your master chief cosplay anytime soon, sure. But you had a lot more options a lot sooner compared to now, where the system thinks its good pacing to hand you like a dozen helmets and a firefight voice before you get any shoulders or chest pieces.

8 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Campaign was a pretty lousy way to earn credits on 360. Let’s be real.

I mean I agree, but it did give a shit ton though. I spent most of my time in MLG so never got to inheritor because bungie and 343 never let mlg reward you more than like 1500 credits😡

Back in my day we didn't have all of these shiny in-game currencies and cosmetic pieces. You know why we played? For the love of the game. Kids these days always need something; the next chest piece, the next level, the next dancing animation.

You know what kept us going back in the day? The next gun fight, the next kill, the next win. It was a struggle in those days, but by golly we made it. The new generation has no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

If it was up to me, I’d just let everyone have every single unlock.

That way, your appearance is purely the result of self-expression, rather than just equipping the highest level thing as a status symbol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hully said:

The best progression system. 

93vD341.png

The fact that 343 added numbers to 44-50 triggers me so much.

They can't do anything right.

• Like (+1) 2

The Reach campaign was the first Halo campaign to really suck, and I don't think anybody would have played that shit if Bungie hadn't done something to give the commoners a little extra incentive to put up with it.

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

I dont think you guys understand. Progression is a need for a video game, or else it’s ability to get stale happens very quickly outside of core fans. You and I are long term players who play no matter what will most likely never quit a game we love very dear. 

loot is a common way to keep gamers to 1. Keep playing, 2. Increased revenue(cosmetic micros) 3. Enjoyment. 
Most people love to grind for something, whether that’s in RL or a video game. In real life if your boss asks you to work harder(this is taking into account you’re doing a good job already and in no ways would be in trouble if you refused) you’ll want to Be compensated in some way, since my boss asking nicely I’m afraid isn’t good enough for me.

Playing the game is one thing but eventually that game gets boring because what I’m doing is repetitive. 
now here’s where a progression system comes in handy. It’s the missing puzzle piece.  
right now the current progression sucks because The XP preventing me from anything meaningful. That armor I desire is locked behind over 150000 XP is bs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Back in my day we didn't have all of these shiny in-game currencies and cosmetic pieces. You know why we played? For the love of the game. Kids these days always need something; the next chest piece, the next level, the next dancing animation.

You know what kept us going back in the day? The next gun fight, the next kill, the next win. It was a struggle in those days, but by golly we made it. The new generation has no idea.

Back in my day, ok stfu! Unless you’re from the fucking pong days, you want to believe we’d of been different?  heck’s I remember days like that too mate but you know what they’re obviously gone! This is basically the saying “get used to it” You don’t have a choice. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

If it was up to me, I’d just let everyone have every single unlock.

That way, your appearance is purely the result of self-expression, rather than just equipping the highest level thing as a status symbol.

Then that’s boring AF you didn’t do anything to earn it. A grind, a challenge, anything significant should happen, to get that unlock able. It’s one of the funnest things about video games, unlocking shit!