Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Arlong said:

The problem is how people went about asking for them. I wasn’t here when you guys asked for them but from my time here I can tell it wasn’t in the most respectful manner. 

When people having been saying the same things for years about how simplicity is Halo's greatest strength, how the sandbox design with balance around a utility weapon, how multi-facted aspects of gametypes options are required for Halo to retain variety, and how random elements, abilities like sprint, and the overall negative effect that changes like AA's or Spartan abilities or whatever it is today have on map design aren't conducive to a great Halo experience, and they still don't get it when they go ahead with shit that subverts the Halo formula, you can imagine how frustrating it is when everything we're trying to explain comes to pass and Halo remains in the dead zone that it's been in since Halo 4 released.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

In real life when explaining things you need to set a proper tone. You can’t sound rude and disgusting, people will not want to listen to you. That’s how people here sound when giving criticism. Yes you may be right, but you need to present yourself properly, or the results you want will not happen! 

I'm sure no one here has ever thought of that. I'm sure that next time we'll be sure to avoid being big ol' meanies when addressing up 10+-year-old issues on an internet forum. Thanks for the tip, kid!

:lxthul:

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm obviously speaking for myself, and not Beyond as a whole, but fuck being respectful. Fuck being respectful to a company that doesn't respect the playerbase, nor the legacy of the once legendary franchise that was handed to them. I'm sure there are good people at 343 who know the course needs correction, but there are obviously others that think Halo needs to constantly fit into whatever mold is the most trendy. Fuck that. They've done nothing but repeatedly drop the ball since taking over the franchise, and sugarcoating the problems isn't going to solve a thing. I'll respect them when they put out a Halo game that's worthy of my respect, and so far, nothing even close to that has happened. I don't hate 343, I want them to do good things. I don't hate the people that work there, for the most part I'm sure they're good people just doing their jobs, who also want good things for Halo. I absolutely do hate what they've done to this franchise, and their seeming unwillingness to acknowledge the major problems they themselves have caused. I'm not going to bend the knee if a 343 dev shows up here and say please sir can we maybe, pretty please, think about removing sprint? It doesn't really work and there's not really any balancing that can change that? Please? Again, absolutely, from the bottom of my heart, fuck that.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, arglactable said:

I'm sure no one here has ever thought of that. I'm sure that next time we'll be sure to avoid being big ol' meanies when addressing up 10+-year-old issues on an internet forum. Thanks for the tip, kid!

:lxthul:

if you didn’t be a big old meanie maybe you’d get acknowledged. Hehe 

you may of thought of that, but you didn’t show it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hully said:

I'm obviously speaking for myself, and not Beyond as a whole, but fuck being respectful. Fuck being respectful to a company that doesn't respect the playerbase, nor the legacy of a once legendary franchise that was handed to them. I'm sure there are good people at 343 who know the course needs correction, but there are obviously others that think Halo needs to constantly fit into whatever mold is the most trendy. Fuck that. They've done nothing but repeatedly drop the ball since taking over the franchise, and sugarcoating the problems isn't going to solve a thing. I'll respect them when they put out a Halo game that's worthy of my respect, and so far, nothing even close to that has happened. I don't hate 343, I want them to do good things. I don't hate the people that work there, for the most part I'm sure they're good people just doing their jobs, who also want good things for Halo. I absolutely do hate what they've done to this franchise, and their seeming unwillingness to acknowledge the major problems they themselves have caused. I'm not going to bend the knee if a 343 dev shows up here and say please sir can we maybe, pretty please, think about removing sprint? It doesn't really work and there's not really any balancing that can change that? Please? Again, absolutely, from the bottom of my heart, fuck that.

Hey least you’re honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Arlong said:

if you didn’t be a big old meanie maybe you’d get acknowledged. Hehe 

you may of thought of that, but you didn’t show it.

Maybe we'd be nice if we actually got acknowledged.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Hully said:

I'm obviously speaking for myself, and not Beyond as a whole, but fuck being respectful. Fuck being respectful to a company that doesn't respect the playerbase, nor the legacy of the once legendary franchise that was handed to them. I'm sure there are good people at 343 who know the course needs correction, but there are obviously others that think Halo needs to constantly fit into whatever mold is the most trendy. Fuck that. They've done nothing but repeatedly drop the ball since taking over the franchise, and sugarcoating the problems isn't going to solve a thing. I'll respect them when they put out a Halo game that's worthy of my respect, and so far, nothing even close to that has happened. I don't hate 343, I want them to do good things. I don't hate the people that work there, for the most part I'm sure they're good people just doing their jobs, who also want good things for Halo. I absolutely do hate what they've done to this franchise, and their seeming unwillingness to acknowledge the major problems they themselves have caused. I'm not going to bend the knee if a 343 dev shows up here and say please sir can we maybe, pretty please, think about removing sprint? It doesn't really work and there's not really any balancing that can change that? Please? Again, absolutely, from the bottom of my heart, fuck that.

You take this too seriously and personally.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

If you guys weren’t such shitheads, Halo wouldn’t suck so much.  Your behavior has a direct effect on the quality of Halo games.  

  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Man does good with a mouse and get accused of using a controller. That’s how you know things aren’t right 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You take this too seriously and personally.

I mean Halo is something I've been into since I was 13, for reference I'm now 31. There are only a few things in my life that I've been into for longer than Halo. So I guess I do take the decline of this franchise somewhat personally, though I don't think that's a bad thing. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hully said:

I mean Halo is something I've been into since I was 13, for reference I'm now 31. There are only a few things in my life that I've been into for longer than Halo. So I guess I do take the decline of this franchise somewhat personally, though I don't think that's a bad thing. 

We all have interests that stretch a long time. I just think the weirdly personal take is a weird take, overall. If I don't like something, I don't like something. I won't be one to say that disrespect is at work if I happen to hate the new stuff being put out. That, and you know, dropping a respectful attitude over that dislike. The two (to me) shouldn't be combined. One could be respectful while absolutely despising new shit a company puts out.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

We all have interests that stretch a long time. I just think the weirdly personal take is a weird take, overall. If I don't like something, I don't like something. I won't be one to say that disrespect is at work if I happen to hate the new stuff being put out. That, and you know, dropping a respectful attitude over that dislike. The two (to me) shouldn't be combined. One could be respectful while absolutely despising new shit a company puts out.

I don't think my take was really all that personal. A bit long winded, sure, but not personal. I don't really see how disrespect isn't an option from 343. Are we really to believe H4 and H5 are the best Halo games they could possibly make? Or is it more likely they wanted to build "Halo" games that serve more as a vessel for mechanics and features from other games, in a thinly veiled attempt to draw in players from other games, and to hell with the classic Halo?

I don't think I've ever been disrespectful to a 343 employee, I mean I've had only a handful of interactions with them in my life. I'm not saying people should just scream or be vile to them online, but respect is something you earn, especially as a game developer. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Listen, as someone who has been playing Halo for nearly a decade, you’re an asshole.  

  • Toxic (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Hully said:

I don't think my take was really all that personal. A bit long winded, sure, but not personal. I don't really see how disrespect isn't an option from 343. Are we really to believe H4 and H5 are the best Halo games they could possibly make? Or is it more likely they wanted to build "Halo" games that serve more as a vessel for mechanics and features from other games, in a thinly veiled attempt to draw in players from other games, and to hell with the classic Halo?

I don't think I've ever been disrespectful to a 343 employee, I mean I've had only a handful of interactions with them in my life. I'm not saying people should just scream or be vile to them online, but respect is something you earn, especially as a game developer. 

wait I got one

 

e22516e6f85984ef8a8bb4b9e0ff8dfd.png

 

343 hates bungie, idc what people say they go out of their way to do the opposite of bungie, or take something bungie did and change it to make it their own.

Hell Bungie said doing an evil cortana storyline would be dumb, 343 does it... Bungie wants to give control to the player during cool battles and epic moments, 343 puts you in a cutscene instead.

Frank's only reason for the art change was because he wanted the new artists to be able to express themselves and not be limited to recreating the same assets bungie already made. He wanted them to stretch their legs. So we get Chief's new armor and a new ship? Dumb.

 

Regicide was literally a reskin of juggarnaut, they pretty much killed off juggarnaut. Extraction is pretty much just BOMB with 3 detonation points and anyone can plant, no more assault. That H5 gametype with hills, i already forget what it's called it's so forgettable... KOTH wasn't added to h5 until later cause of that shitty gametype I just mentioned, the onewith 3 hills to fight over at once.

 

They removed Bungies messages from the end of Reach and H3. But then they list Bungie's name on the box art and credit them as developers on Steam... So they pretty much do a 180. acknowledge Bungie only out of game... Remove all traces of Bungie ingame. I'm surprised they didn't change the Bungie room at the end of Reach.... I know it's your property 343, but it's Bungie's games. They even went as far as to remove some easter eggs like Marty in H3 ODST is replaced with Frank o connor. The same guy who couldn't hear our complaints over the launch of MCC cause he was fucking sipping champagne with our money!!!

 

a26f1fb47f5717d20f9ddf18a3d7258d.png

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Listen, as someone who has been playing Halo for nearly a decade, you’re an asshole.  

Listen, as someone who has been playing Halo for over a decade, no u.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Hully said:

I don't think my take was really all that personal. A bit long winded, sure, but not personal. I don't really see how disrespect isn't an option from 343. Are we really to believe H4 and H5 are the best Halo games they could possibly make? Or is it more likely they wanted to build "Halo" games that serve more as a vessel for mechanics and features from other games, in a thinly veiled attempt to draw in players from other games, and to hell with the classic Halo?

I don't think I've ever been disrespectful to a 343 employee, I mean I've had only a handful of interactions with them in my life. I'm not saying people should just scream or be vile to them online, but respect is something you earn, especially as a game developer. 

When I see someone going on a long winded rant about how "respect is earned" when game quality and enjoyment has nothing to do with that, I'll entirely see it as personal, lol. Intentional or not, not saying you intended it. Whether or not you enjoy a product they put out should have nothing to do with your respect for them. It's just a product. It's not like they make it with malice, or with any intent to you as a person. They just do what they feel is best and push it out. Respect is nothing there. It's just a matter of consume or don't. As I said, it really isn't that serious, lol.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

When I see someone going on a long winded rant about how "respect is earned" when game quality and enjoyment has nothing to do with that, I'll entirely see it as personal, lol. Intentional or not, not saying you intended it. Whether or not you enjoy a product they put out should have nothing to do with your respect for them. It's just a product. It's not like they make it with malice, or with any intent to you as a person. They just do what they feel is best and push it out. Respect is nothing there. It's just a matter of consume or don't. As I said, it really isn't that serious, lol.

I didn't mention respect being earned until a later response, but that's a pretty universal concept. Game quality and "respect" of a developer aren't mutually exclusive. It's specifically because of the game quality of H4, MCC, and H5 that I don't respect 343 as a developer. I don't think they made those games with malice, I do think they made them with intent other than making good Halo games. As I said before, I think they've been going out of their way to make "their" version of Halo, and their version of Halo just happens to be slamming a whole bunch of mechanics from other games into Halo to try and appeal to people from other games. 

Also, I never said it was serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Hully said:

I didn't mention respect being earned until a later response, but that's a pretty universal concept. Game quality and "respect" of a developer aren't mutually exclusive. It's specifically because of the game quality of H4, MCC, and H5 that I don't respect 343 as a developer. I don't think they made those games with malice, I do think they made them with intent other than making good Halo games. As I said before, I think they've been going out of their way to make "their" version of Halo, and their version of Halo just happens to be slamming a whole bunch of mechanics from other games into Halo to try and appeal to people from other games. 

Also, I never said it was serious. 

Okay, but this dawdles into other aspects, like "what makes a "good" Halo". Something really subjective. Granted this entire thing is subjective, I just find the specific  "respect" thing to be laughable. Not as in, mockery. As in, why even bring it up. Because again, it more so goes into the path of 343i making games you don't like, not them spitting in your face. Since, again, they don't make these games to spite people, they just do what they want. It's the most unpersonal relationship we could have, consumer vs. company. With respect being a (I'd assume) personal trait we apply to things. Hence my lacking of understanding that angle, given context.

I'd expect it to go Company<Product<Consumer<Consumer does or does not like product><Consumer simply consumes more or stops consuming all together>. Apathy I'd guess? Who knows, maybe I'm the weirdo here, because I've had shit I love go to absolute toss, and I don't have a disrespect for the company doing it. I just think the product is bad, and cease giving a shit about it, in turn, not investing money into it. That's about as far as it goes. Respect has been the last word on my mind.

The serious phrase is more so a figurative phrase, over literal. I'm not actually assuming your mindset in writing. It's just a way to express the former paragraphs.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Arlong 343 gave us the middle finger, multiple times. Ur new, u have patience. But Comp forums have been a social therapy device since 2004 and nothing more. We can be as polite as can be but as soon as we get an active 343 member here someone makes a new acc and flames and they leave despite having 50 people kissing their ass the entire time. It doesnt matter how polite we are if whatever 343 member doesnt know how social media works. 
 

the one time 343 listened we got zbns reach. we kissed their ass for h4 and h5, they didnt listen and we got even less popular halo games. 
 

again. The only purpose of this forum is to vent or keep up with halo pro news. Thats it

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.