CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

idk Titanfall 2 is pretty good, with that game the thing I dislike is their primary selling point though; mechs. lol

how’s titanfall doing in terms of success
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I love how much people communicate on the MCC Insider. I haven't had a quiet lobby yet. Players are calling out, chatting, and then after the games most people drop a "GG". It's much more lively compared to Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

How to make a great halo game here’s I’ll list them, tell me if you agree/disagree or give out extra points.

1. No sprint.

2. Smooth and good aiming mechanics(can’t believe this even needs to be suggested)

3.quality map design(something similar to H1 and h3 maps(ce map design is very good for slayer and oddball but in terms for game types such as ctf it’s not that great tbh)

4. Vehicles which have sense of skill or some thought into them.

5. A utility weapon that’s got the lowest TTK the least aim assist and has moderate to decent range.

6. Consistent 60fps on default and FORGE maps!(optimizing your game might help fix shit like this)

7. Every game type from all previous halo games(yes even vip because their were fun custom games used with that mode(protect obama anyone remember)

8. Clansystem(those of you 26 and up remember the h2 clansystem it can be done like that, although spartan companies technically is that it’s just we don’t have a playlist for it!)

9. A quality campaign(hire someone from telltale they’ll make an epic story)

10. Make the game rated M(this way we can have the flood)

11. Splitscreen with consistent 60fps(this goes back to optimization).

12. Niche weapons.(although, h5 Weapon balance isn’t all that bad it’s just ARS needn’t be as op as they started out.

13. A easy and friendly UI

14. Easier forge controls.

15. Forge world.

16. Playable elites and brutes.( come on don’t act like these aren’t fun. Fuck balancing just do what reach did and make it so they’re only playable through customs and invasion.

17. PC(with uncapped frame rate, 0 acceleration, etc etc.

18. 1-50 or division ranking is ok(if done right) with party matching

19. Server choices

20. A Veto option(not voting is nice but no option to possibly ditch the worse map/maps ever is completely unacceptable!

21. Default playlist that won’t be removed via ranked mm(doubles;ffa,team arena, snipers, and team slayer(I know many here don’t like that playlist but majority of the halo community loves team slayer because it’s TD and basically the most popular mode in majority of video games).

22. Last but not least NO HEAVY AIM!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love how much people communicate on the MCC Insider. I haven't had a quiet lobby yet. Players are calling out, chatting, and then after the games most people drop a "GG". It's much more lively compared to Halo 5.

lol on h5 no one has a mic. They’re in party or muting their whole team.

idk Titanfall 2 is pretty good, with that game the thing I dislike is their primary selling point though; mechs. lol

Dude I just played TF2 for shits and giggles today after like a year break. The game is so much fun as a pilot, but the Titans really drag the game down. Titan vs Pilot interactions are badly designed with lock on bullshit, emp grenades and cloak on the pilot side and nothing but instakill weapons for titans. Titan vs Titan fights are awful as well, because the only strategy is to hold your teammates hands and teamshot enemy titans. 1v1s are trash because every titan has like 3 defensive abilities. And don't even get me started on afwul shit like the nuclear ejection and the invincibility during takedown animations lmao.

TF is the epitome of great concept, awful exection. The campaign was absolutely stellar in every way though. I might get TF3 just for that.

Finally got on MCC insider and can’t find games on the H3 Team hardcore or CE dubs. Don’t wanna have to download H4 to play this action sack

how’s titanfall doing in terms of success yeah it was a failure of a game TWICE! And they even had a mode where titans were disabled!

DudeI just played TF2 for shits and giggles today after like a year break. The game is so much fun as a pilot, but the Titans really drag the game down. Titan vs Pilot interactions are badly designed with lock on bullshit, emp grenades and cloak on the pilot side and nothing but instakill weapons for titans. Titan vs Titan fights are awful as well, because the only strategy is to hold your teammates hands and teamshot enemy titans. 1v1s are thrash because every titan has like 3 defensive abilities. And don't even get me started on afwul shit like the nuclear ejection and the invincibility during takedown animations lmao.

TF is the epitome of great concept, awful exection. The campaign was absolutely stellar in every way though. I might get TF3 just for that.

Titanfall 1 was a much better game.  More streamlined.  Titans didn't feel like paper and they weren't quite as convoluted.  I HATE the battery system in TF2.

TF2 has a very fun campaign though.  If they had included that campaign, stayed closer to the TF1 mechanics and launched the game in february or march instead of trying to compete with 2 FPS titans (pun intended) during the holidays the game would be in MUCH better shape.  The launch window was fucking baffling.  its like how Fox treated Firefly.  "lets put this in a timeslot where we know its going to fail".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Titanfall 1 was a much better game.  More streamlined.  Titans didn't feel like paper and they weren't quite as convoluted.  I HATE the battery system in TF2.

TF2 has a very fun campaign though.  If they had included that campaign, stayed closer to the TF1 mechanics and launched the game in february or march instead of trying to compete with 2 FPS titans (pun intended) during the holidays the game would be in MUCH better shape.  The launch window was fucking baffling.  its like how Fox treated Firefly.  "lets put this in a timeslot where we know its going to fail".

I didn't enjoy Titans in TF1 either, but you are right that they were way better back then. Removing the recharging shield was truly a 343-esque move. The maps were also a tad better in the first one tbh, had way more variety (although that's hard to judge given that like half the maps in TF2 are remakes lmao).

The launch window is just typical EA. I wouldn't be surprised if EA did that to get back at respawn for not bowing down to the EA way of life and adding loot boxes and p2w elements.

Reach MLG Evade was awesome. Everyone agrees on that right?

Evade was H5 thrust on steroids. Seems like a fun mechanic for something like Grifball, but mixing that into normal Halo gunplay? Frustrating.

How are people finding sensitivity in MCC Insider? I've found I've had to drop from a 3 to a 2. Is this a change in code or just me coming back after a while and my aim being shit?

Evade was H5 thrust on steroids. Seems like a fun mechanic for something like Grifball, but mixing that into normal Halo gunplay? Frustrating.

It’s difficult to have a power up that is worth fighting for but not too overpowered. I thought Evade walked that line well. It definitely provided a good advantage but the player could still be killed in many circumstances. It also did something completely different than Camo and OS which was refreshing to play and to watch.

Unlike Speedboost where the player is constantly zipping around the map, Evade was more measured. Evade into an area, fight some enemies, evade into the next area. Movement was normal for a large portion of the time but with intermittent uses of enhanced movement.

Finally got on MCC insider and can’t find games on the H3 Team hardcore or CE dubs. Don’t wanna have to download H4 to play this action sack

I didn't have any trouble finding games on CE last night. It was literally the best it's been for me with non-stop games, even though I got Beaver Creek and Rat Race 90% of the time. I even loaded into games fast with no black-screen delays. 

How are people finding sensitivity in MCC Insider? I've found I've had to drop from a 3 to a 2. Is this a change in code or just me coming back after a while and my aim being shit?

I dropped from a 4 to 2 in H3, Halo 1 I stayed at 4, and I haven't played any of the others. Not sure what's happening, I believe Postums said aiming hasn't been changed but I've heard several people say they needed to lower their sensitivity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also went from 4 to 2 in H3, I’ve never been great at H3 aiming but was worse than I remembered. H1 I stayed the same, 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s difficult to have a power up that is worth fighting for but not too overpowered. I thought Evade walked that line well. It definitely provided a good advantage but the player could still be killed in many circumstances. It also did something completely different than Camo and OS which was refreshing to play and to watch.

Unlike Speedboost where the player is constantly zipping around the map, Evade was more measured. Evade into an area, fight some enemies, evade into the next area. Movement was normal for a large portion of the time but with intermittent uses of enhanced movement.

Was Evade really used like that though? Do you have any example footage of someone using it creatively in their approach to combat? It just seems like it would be an annoying tool to escape death 95% of the time.

Snipped video

Alright you deserve props here for several reasons. You provide a video from somebody on our forums, that includes an opener representing our forums, and you use it as an argument on our forums. Not going to lie I was grinning when I started that video.

I re-read the previous couple pages, it sounds like you're suggesting these as on map pickups right? I'm not necessarily opposed, my immediate fear would be that they would become overly defensive as others have suggested. But if there's only one person using it on the map at a time, I would be up for at least trying it.

I would love to somehow promote it to be more offensive some other way. I was initially thinking you had to be full shields but it doesn't feel right if you're winning a gun fight and the other person backs down that you wouldn't be able to use your ability to move closer. I don't really want to degrade shields because then you may be at a disadvantage by the time you enter the fight. Do you have any ideas, or do you think it's offensive enough as is?

In the video you linked, which I would agree used it several offensive times, I'd be nervous about situations like 2:18 happening frequently which is why I initially think tie it to shields, but it would make the game more complex (I like simple games that are still hard) and has other issues like I mentioned earlier.

Alright you deserve props here for several reasons. You provide a video from somebody on our forums, that includes an opener representing our forums, and you use it as an argument on our forums. Not going to lie I was grinning when I started that video.

I re-read the previous couple pages, it sounds like you're suggesting these as on map pickups right? I'm not necessarily opposed, my immediate fear would be that they would become overly defensive as others have suggested. But if there's only one person using it on the map at a time, I would be up for at least trying it.

I would love to somehow promote it to be more offensive some other way. I was initially thinking you had to be full shields but it doesn't feel right if you're winning a gun fight and the other person backs down that you wouldn't be able to use your ability to move closer. I don't really want to degrade shields because then you may be at a disadvantage by the time you enter the fight. Do you have any ideas, or do you think it's offensive enough as is?

In the video you linked, which I would agree used it several offensive times, I'd be nervous about situations like 2:18 happening frequently which is why I initially think tie it to shields, but it would make the game more complex (I like simple games that are still hard) and has other issues like I mentioned earlier.

I don’t think the ability to evade needs to be tied to shields or anything other than its normal recharge timer. You can’t fire during it and if you use it poorly, like evading towards or away from an enemy looking at you, he is going to get two shots into you before you can even begin firing back.

Did you see how most of the time he was using it to flank and attack from unexpected angles? That’s where I think Evade really shines. Use it stupidly and you’ll probably die in your first gun fight. Use it smart and it can be an invaluable map traversal tool.

Even at 2:18, the guy didn’t really use it to “escape”. He used it to juke, reposition, and attack when he had more of an advantage. That was smart and not cheap at all in my eyes.

And yes, these things should be map pick ups only. No enhanced abilities off spawn. Everyone has a fair chance to get them and only one person has it at a time.

• Upvote (+1) 1