CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Insider ce plays just like mcc yall are weird.

You're weird

lets be inclusive here guys,

We Weird

I signed up to the insider and got the email etc, now I’m trying to download the Xbox insider hub and it’s just stuck at 0% ??

I’ve restarted it like 50 times, help anyone? I’ve googled this and not really found anything.

I signed up to the insider and got the email etc, now I’m trying to download the Xbox insider hub and it’s just stuck at 0% ??

I’ve restarted it like 50 times, help anyone? I’ve googled this and not really found anything.

What's the longest you left it on 0% for?

What's the longest you left it on 0% for?

Now which is half an hour and counting.

I played the insider version in a series of H:CE custom games with @OG Nick, @@Silos, and @Hardway, and to me those games did not feel that much different from the retail version of MCC. I also did not host any of the games, so that might change my perception of the newest build.

However, I played the new HCE doubles list in the insider build last night, and that felt 1000 times better than the retail version. Was the hit detection perfect? No. However, it felt worlds better than retail, and you can tell that they definitely worked on the aiming mechanics, as they felt a lot more like OG (especially in close to intermediate ranged pistol battles). There seemed to be a lot less magnetism, and you actually had to lead your shots to score hits, especially at shorter distances. Granted I played 5 games at most, but it certainly seems that the fixes, plus dedicated servers have H:CE playing a lot closer to OG than even I expected.

I will definitely want to play more games to see if my initial impressions change, but I was encouraged by what I played last night.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lets be inclusive here guys,

We Weird

We're all hoping the MCC gets fixed just to play a game somewhat similar to one that came out 17 years ago.

We fucking nuts. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I played the insider version in a series of H:CE custom games with @OG Nick, @@Silos, and @Hardway, and to me those games did not feel that much different from the retail version of MCC. I also did not host any of the games, so that might change my perception of the newest build.

However, I played the new HCE doubles list in the insider build last night, and that felt 1000 times better than the retail version. Was the hit detection perfect? No. However, it felt worlds better than retail, and you can tell that they definitely worked on the aiming mechanics, as they felt a lot more like OG (especially in close to intermediate ranged pistol battles). There seemed to be a lot less magnetism, and you actually had to lead your shots to score hits, especially at shorter distances. Granted I played 5 games at most, but it certainly seems that the fixes, plus dedicated servers have H:CE playing a lot closer to OG than even I expected.

I will definitely want to play more games to see if my initial impressions change, but I was encouraged by what I played last night.

Where are you from? The first night I played games (not with you) it felt really good, the second night when I played with you I thought it felt better than retail but not as good as the first night.

I'm in Western Canada so if you're in Eastern States then distance may be a factor. Mind you, everybody else you played with that night I believe was Eastern States as well.

Unfortunately I see this more as a result of the H5 and MCC population beign so abysmal. I regularly recognize teambeyond members in MM, across vastly different levels of skill and also on other continents. I've also matched countless pros and a handful of 343 employees (they actually play their own game after all).

This would have never happened in H3, where people would legit text me to get on XBL so I can go into theater with them because they matched against ElamiteWarrior and Snipedown and wanted me to see it.

I semi agree with you that right now it feels like a population issue, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Beyond members, in general, were generally in a higher percentile so being a higher rank would increase your chances of running into recognizable faces though.

I still think it's cool though when it happens, so if 343 can promote it a little more to try to get you to recognize people by putting you with them regularly I think it would be sweet. I don't necessarily need to recognize just Team beyond members, but something so within a two week period, or three weeks or one week or whatever, I see some of the same people more regularly so I start to learn names of various players around my level. I could hate the guy who bagged me the last three times we played together, or get excited when a really good player is put on my team, whatever. I think it would help grow storylines within your own little group of people over a short period of time. You could even make it so people have to opt in otherwise they'll have normal matchmaking if you want, doesn't matter to me.

Try deleting it, hard reboot, and re-install it?

Na dude, No luck. I’ll leave the download on overnight and see if any luck.

Where are you from? The first night I played games (not with you) it felt really good, the second night when I played with you I thought it felt better than retail but not as good as the first night.

I'm in Western Canada so if you're in Eastern States then distance may be a factor. Mind you, everybody else you played with that night I believe was Eastern States as well.

I live in South Florida, so we are opposite coasts entirely, that would explain why it felt different.

I live in South Florida, so we are opposite coasts entirely, that would explain why it felt different.

I'm not surprised at all that the difference wasn't much for your customs, people are spread too far apart probably like 150 ping.

Hmm, new build may have taken a step back, or the dedis aren't working well. Not sure but I've had some rough connections and strange shit happening and I'm not the only one.

Will be trying customs tomorrow to see if it customs are still working great.

All changes to ce at this point are unintentional. Idk why your hopes are so high. Theyll accidentally make the game work?

Ce insider is basically ce mcc. Feels the exact same except worse in regards to specific new bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All changes to ce at this point are unintentional. Idk why your hopes are so high. Theyll accidentally make the game work?

Ce insider is basically ce mcc. Feels the exact same except worse in regards to specific new bugs.

I can't say I've had the same experience.

Maybe its because I'm on crappy hotel wifi, but I get home friday and could run a couple games.

Either way I've not a had a game with the nerf gun pistol where ever single shot misses, nor have I had a game where I'm just landing 3-shots back to back. I feel like I actually have to lead my shots now. There definitely is a variance between games, sometimes your shots will register better than others, but its not nearly as bad as it use to be.

Something really does need to be done about quitting. I know I said I'm against a quit ban, but maybe a quit ban only for ranked? This shit is annoying. Match quitters with other quitters? idfk

This isn't a fair statement at all to the team. Do you understand how development and bug fixing and testing works?

Kornman has provided specific details to us of things he's done ie removing redundancies in netcode to improve performance. My theory is he tried some more back end fixes but it has had some problems. That's how bug fixing goes sometimes. You may have to temporarily break the game or try different approaches to see what works best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't a fair statement at all to the team. Do you understand how development and bug fixing and testing works?

Kornman has provided specific details to us of things he's done ie removing redundancies in netcode to improve performance. My theory is he tried some more back end fixes but it has had some problems. That's how bug fixing goes sometimes. You may have to temporarily break the game or try different approaches to see what works best.

And the more legacy something is, the dirtier that process is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played a 2v2 HCE game through the playlist and it felt like shit, I got the reload bug that @@Basu posted earlier and all that other bs. The 4v4 games I got @ Team Slayer felt much better.

E: Seems servers overall are shit today. Gotta love when you triple spawn.

Just played a 2v2 HCE game through the playlist and it felt like shit, I got the reload bug that @@Basu posted earlier and all that other bs. The 4v4 games I got @ Team Slayer felt much better.

E: Seems servers overall are shit today. Gotta love when you triple spawn.

Yup. Sometimes games start just fine and then the server starts having a seizure and you can't throw nades, reload, pick up weapons or even move without massive rubberbanding. My friends Minecraft server on his moms laptop in 2010 had more stability than these "dedicated servers" used in MCC and H5 lmao.

Postums told us that TO HIS KNOWLEDGE the netcode for CE was not touched. So this is sounds like dedi problems. Hopefully getting some customs going tonight today confirm...