CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Anyone who thinks retail mcc CE is anywhere near insider ce is crazy. It's so much better

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone who thinks retail mcc CE is anywhere near insider ce is crazy. It's so much better

That's what I thought while watching Ogre 2's stream. He keeps saying 'shots aren't registering' and it's just as bad as retail, but it's clearly 10x times better and 90 percent of his shots were registering. I have no idea what he's talking about, to be honest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This meant that you could begin to become familiar with people in your pool. One of the coolest things for me as I got better at Halo was when I would see names of people I recognize come up. In doubles I ran into Soulflame just the other day for example.

Unfortunately I see this more as a result of the H5 and MCC population beign so abysmal. I regularly recognize teambeyond members in MM, across vastly different levels of skill and also on other continents. I've also matched countless pros and a handful of 343 employees (they actually play their own game after all).

This would have never happened in H3, where people would legit text me to get on XBL so I can go into theater with them because they matched against ElamiteWarrior and Snipedown and wanted me to see it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's what I thought while watching Ogre 2's stream. He keeps saying 'shots aren't registering' and it's just as bad as retail, but it's clearly 10x times better and 90 percent of his shots were registering. I have no idea what he's talking about, to be honest.

Dude plays on strict NAT on some weird switchbox internet modem so he isn't a great bar
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The game is nowhere near good enough, but to say it's worse/the same as retail MCC is just false

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Send that to Dersky huh.

Nah, he 's just laugh it at and make fun of you on stream for calling out his broken game.

"There's a reason why Halo CE doesn't get voted hahahahah, its because they're TRASH XDXDXDXDXD" - dersky to 2gre

I can hear it

• Upvote (+1) 3

The game is nowhere near good enough, but to say it's worse/the same as retail MCC is just false

Headshots literally Do not Register. Period. Insider Is Complete Ruined DogShit

• Downvote (-1) 11

havent had the same experience I'm afraid

but thats cuz im a UK boi ;-;

Headshots literally Do not Register. Period. Insider Is Complete Ruined DogShit

You need to learn what literally means, literally. And you honestly haven't played if you think it's worse than MCC. If I can survive Hang'em High on host in customs then it's better than MCC ever was. 

havent had the same experience I'm afraid

but thats cuz im a UK boi ;-;

EU servers probably got the shaft ngl. I'd say try customs if you can find a group near you willing to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are they still limiting the servers that players can actually connect to?

Gotta love idiots claiming insider CE is worse because 2gre lives in fucking Amish/Mormon country or something and is forced to use a horrible setup.

I also suspect a lot of people completely unfamiliar with OG CE don't even realize you can have red reticle in OG CE and miss. This isn't Halo 5 kiddies. You have to aim. I think kornman adjusted the lag compensation in insider so you don't get jump threes as much anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Gotta love idiots claiming insider CE is worse because 2gre lives in fucking Amish/Mormon country or something and is forced to use a horrible setup.

I also suspect a lot of people completely unfamiliar with OG CE don't even realize you can have red reticle in OG CE and miss. This isn't Halo 5 kiddies. You have to aim. I think kornman adjusted the lag compensation in insider so you don't get jump threes as much anymore.

It's not even that we think it's perfect but hit reg across the board for CE is just better. It's also still an online game, and a port of a port, so it's going to have issues that may never get fixed but it's just so much better. 

I played retail MCC TS last night and got Battle Creek and pulled host. @@Hard Way can attest I rage out of Hang'em High a lot in retail MCC, but after insider CE I wanted to throw up how bad playing on host was. Kids jumping around eating shots left and right, it was bananas. 

P.S. 2gre also plays on a "communal router" which means the entire block/apartment complex is off the one router and they give people the speeds they pay for through there. While great for troubleshooting on the ISP end, I doubt it's very good for online gaming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People within this community just enjoy shit talking things even when the thing isint even an issue or just straight false. It’s like an actual sport for some people around here.

Just wait until the halo infinite gameplay trailer comes out, whether it’s good or bad it’s gonna be a shit show. It’ll be fun for sure!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not even that we think it's perfect but hit reg across the board for CE is just better. It's also still an online game, and a port of a port, so it's going to have issues that may never get fixed but it's just so much better.

I played retail MCC TS last night and got Battle Creek and pulled host. @@Hard Way can attest I rage out of Hang'em High a lot in retail MCC, but after insider CE I wanted to throw up how bad playing on host was. Kids jumping around eating shots left and right, it was bananas.

P.S. 2gre also plays on a "communal router" which means the entire block/apartment complex is off the one router and they give people the speeds they pay for through there. While great for troubleshooting on the ISP end, I doubt it's very good for online gaming.

Oh yeah it's still not perfect. But from what I've played offhost you still eat but they eat too. It seems more balanced.

Like I've hosted games with people far away and didn't notice a huge dip in performance like I would in retail.

Interesting about the communal router. If streaming was part of my livelihood I would fucking move... Why does he endure it?

Oh yeah it's still not perfect. But from what I've played offhost you still eat but they eat too. It seems more balanced.

Like I've hosted games with people far away and didn't notice a huge dip in performance like I would in retail.

Interesting about the communal router. If streaming was part of my livelihood I would fucking move... Why does he endure it?

I played on host against @@Silos and it was relatively okay, retail MCC would've been actual trash. (Idk where @BR N00b is so he may be further away)

I imagine cost of living is a good reason to not move.