CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So they remove TS and have just Team Hardcore?

They make the argument last night to have a mix of AR/SMG starts and BR starts. Then they do this. K.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm busy tonight. I can jump on right now for a couple hours, or be on tomorrow night.

If we've got 4 I'm game now, but tomorrow might be better

Okay forget what I said about H3 feeling like LAN. Just played the biggest PoS lagfest since 08. It's actually worse in some ways. I don't remember ever dying around a corner CoD-style in OG H3. Just happened in insider though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay forget what I said about H3 feeling like LAN. Just played the biggest PoS lagfest since 08. It's actually worse in some ways. I don't remember ever dying around a corner CoD-style in OG H3. Just happened in insider though.

Welcome to my world. In more meaning than one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Welcome to my world. In more meaning than one.

Haha I knew I recognized that tag from somewhere.

When Halo 2 was on XBL, what was the more popular playlist, TS or Hardcore? 

No clue, but I'd have to guess TS for obvious reasons. I truly do think that with how big esports is now it completely changes things.

I'm also going to say that the name of the playlist probably played a factor in it as well. Not to mention TS is just slayer and THC has obj gametypes which most "casuals" don't enjoy in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No clue, but I'd have to guess TS for obvious reasons. I truly do think that with how big esports is now it completely changes things.

It might've if Halo actually made a considerable dent in the eSports market. Which it did not. 

It might've if Halo actually made a considerable dent in the eSports market. Which it did not. 

Eh, maybe. Maybe not. It's all just speculation, but I'm still standing by my statements. We can keep going the 343 way or we can try a different route.

OT: It would be sick if you did some covers of the new DOOM soundtrack. You're Halo cover's are dope.

I just wish we could start presenting Halo in its best light. BR+AR starts across the board, no radar in ranked, radar in social. It's honestly that easy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Eh, maybe. Maybe not. It's all just speculation, but I'm still standing by my statements. We can keep going the 343 way or we can try a different route.

OT: It would be sick if you did some covers of the new DOOM soundtrack. You're Halo cover's are dope.

Right now it'd be nice if I could get ANYTHING done. I've got a zillion unfinished tracks because none of them are good enough to my ears. ;( 

It really doesn't though. The sweaty player will have a BR 100% of the time in BR starts. They won't have one near that in AR starts. If its AR starts, you go up against players with less BRs. Bad players are more likely to kill good players in AR starts, I don't know why people are saying the opposite here.

Yeah bad players have a higher chance of killing better players... until that better player gets a BR. Then enjoy spawning into BR fire over and over again with a gun that can't shoot back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Right now it'd be nice if I could get ANYTHING done. I've got a zillion unfinished tracks because none of them are good enough to my ears. ;( 

Understandable. Life comes first. Get after it, homie.

What actually happens is the good players just take everything like br/rockets/snipe off spawn and then the bad players just get shit on until they quit because their weapons can't actually do anything. I'm sure its fine when everyone is actually really bad/ranking system but with the reality of the MCC population that's never going to happen 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just wish we could start presenting Halo in its best light. BR+AR starts across the board, no radar in ranked, radar in social. It's honestly that easy.

and if they are gonna have AR starts.

make BR secondary  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Both sides of this drama are fucking stupid tbh.

Yes Dersky should not have brought it up on stream and laughed it off completely. MCC is worse. And Ace is ignorant if he thinks people don't like Halo 3 "because they're bad at it".

But I can also see why he's laughing at the kid because some of these examples are laughable. This dumb kid is raging at missing 10 shots in The Pit as if that's impossible in Halo 3 (it's not). If you watch the slowed down clip he did in fact miss at least 4 shots and then the rest can be chalked up to spread and yes possibly hit reg of course.

Halo 3 OG was shit. Period. He's misremembering how it worked. Yes MCC is slightly worse. No doubt about it. Soulj told him in the comments that OG was always like this though and the guy didn't get it. It's like he's not even aware of offhost giving more magnetism and shockingly isn't aware of bullet spread as he doesn't bring it up once. Then he shows clips from the MLG playlist on OG which has 110% damage as good examples of hit reg. Then proceeds to tell people at 343 that they're clueless and don't know anything about Halo (tbf some don't lol but neither does this kid). What a clown.

Then to top it off he keeps REEING and calling Ace autistic and that Dersky has Down's. Completely classless.

You should watch BringHaloBack's original video, he actually has a test he does in the pit on both H3 360 and H3 MCC, and he proves how much worse it is on host on mcc than on h3.

But the REEING was classless of course. 

You should watch BringHaloBack's original video, he actually has a test he does in the pit on both H3 360 and H3 MCC, and he proves how much worse it is on host on mcc than on h3.

But the REEING was classless of course. 

I watched both videos. The first one was basically the exact same. Then he changed the parameters of the test to make it appear like OG H3 was considerably better in his second video. Which it wasn't. Especially compared to Insider where H3 feels better than OG imo. Plus doing a test of 20 kills is completely meaningless. You need to test across tons of different connections thousands of times to get meaningful data.

He's a clown, plain and simple.

So there is absolutely no way to play CE in a social environment without having to play six games of something I don’t care to play at all and your solution is to just not care about my rank in the ranked mode? As much as switching my entire psychology on gaming would be awesome I think it would be waaay easier for 343 to just provide a social CE experience (with skill matching) for which 4v4 arena would be absolutely perfect. It would be less irritating if there was a population of people that wanted ranked 4v4 CE and compromise had to be made but I really don’t think there’s a demand for ranked 4v4 CE to begin with. The people who really still care about CE and play it already know the way to play CE competitively is 2v2 so why make 4v4 ranked to begin with. Bragging rights have nothing to do with it because my skill in CE is nothing to brag about.

You can literally just choose not to care. Willpower dude, it's just a vidya game. This complaint is baffling to me. And I am the type who gets sweaty in TS social in close games and always try to win and I'm DIEHARD about CE and love 4v4 but even I won't care if I don't attain that coveted 50. It's nbd.

Regardless as someone said it wouldn't surprise me if it being ranked was a mistake. So you might get your wish.

You can literally just choose not to care. Willpower dude, it's just a vidya game. This complaint is baffling to me. And I am the type who gets sweaty in TS social in close games and always try to win and I'm DIEHARD about CE and love 4v4 but even I won't care if I don't attain that coveted 50. It's nbd.

Regardless as someone said it wouldn't surprise me if it being ranked was a mistake. So you might get your wish.

Agree to disagree I guess. I think the fact that there is no social experience for CE outside of crossgame playlists is a legitimate complaint. I find it telling that you haven’t even provided a real counter argument as to why it should be ranked or why you even want it to be ranked. I’m not sure you even do want it to be ranked and are just arguing for the sake of argument. The only counter argument you’ve made is “will power dude, it’s just a vidyagame” which to be honest isn’t a counter argument at all and is just as condescending and dismissive as saying “get gud” or “adapt” as a counter argument to valid concerns about gameplay mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree to disagree I guess. I think the fact that there is no social experience for CE outside of crossgame playlists is a legitimate complaint. I find it telling that you haven’t even provided a real counter argument as to why it should be ranked or why you even want it to be ranked. I’m not sure you even do want it to be ranked and are just arguing for the sake of argument. The only counter argument you’ve made is “will power dude, it’s just a vidyagame” which to be honest isn’t a counter argument at all and is just as condescending and dismissive as saying “get gud” or “adapt” as a counter argument to valid concerns about gameplay mechanics.

Except it's not gameplay mechanics. It's a number beside your name and we are talking about state of mind in regards to a playlist.

If you argued that no social playlist will deter noobs from even bothering because they think it will be too sweaty, I think that would be a valid opinion and would see your concern. I was just saying for yourself personally if you only don't want ranks because the number beside your name will affect the way you play, it's just kinda silly to me that you can't let go of that when you know that you want to not care about your performance in the playlist.

I already did provide an argument. Ranks will help noobs not get destroyed the second they search the playlist. CE is extremely punishing. Your argument is that there should be invisible ranking... I see your argument, but I'm of the opinion that visible ranking might attract more noobs who want more assurance that they won't get crushed by experienced pubstompers in a punishing game. Regardless I see both sides of the coin so I won't complain regardless if it's ranked or unranked.

• Upvote (+1) 3