CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I kinda thought the "BR starts" issue was solved with H5 giving you a good Magnum in all gametypes. I get that people complained about H5 AR starts too, but it was a for a totally different reason than they'd dislike H3 AR starts given that you could actually contest players right away.

I also know that MCC is a nod to the past, but some things should just stay buried.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey, remember when H5 kids told us if we don't like Halo 5 then we can go play MCC?

Don't like BR starts? Go play Halo 5 where you can use automatics to your hearts content.  :kappa: 

Postums, if you're reading this, just make it AR primary BR secondary starts. Everyone will be happy. Instead of starting right out the gate with cross game playlists and AR/SMG starts how about we try things in reverse this time? Add them later on if they're actually wanted as badly as you think they are. What's that thing you guys like to throw at us? Vocal minority? I feel like the people who are vocal about having automatics are in the minority on this one. Even then it's still AR starts with a BR in the backpack.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Concerning AR and SMG starts, MCC was always meant to be a nostalgia trip singularly designed to move consoles. They were never, ever trying to do anything other than stoke old memories. They're not going to get an ounce of new blood into Halo by making previous Halos competitive, and to that end they just don't care about our bitching. They probably collectively creamed themselves over the saying, "exactly as you remember it". Earlier Halos are not Overwatch or LoL or Fortnite to them. 

We'll get our competitive experience, but it's never going to be the primary experience. It wasn't even the primary experience in H5 thanks to fuck-ass Warzone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Terrible gameplay should not be defended regardless of how old or familiar it is. That is all.

I don't mind a cross game ar start mess for people who just love to play garbage but that should not be the primary playlist. I'm just surprised that someone could/would imply BR start is for sweaty playlists when really its for "I don't want this playlist to have literal garbage gameplay" playlists. AR starts is not worthy of being treated as a primary gameplay style. Its just bad. We all know why. You don't put some of the worst gameplay up as the first thing people are likely to play. Having a quirky casual experience as an option somewhere is fine though. That's what AR starts are.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KySSed_80

Basically Ace and Dersky were streaming and watched a video of a dude exposing the shitty H3 hitreg. His examples had some clips of him missing shots though and they were laughing their asses off. Doesn't restore much faith in 343 and the whole "they listen!" meme if that's how they treat fan feedback. Oh yeah and Dersky said "someone at work showed me this and I just sat at my desk laughing."

Wow, I'm appalled at the reactions of Dersky and Ace in that video - two morons. Props to that kid for making that video; Dersky should be fired immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey, remember when H5 kids told us if we don't like Halo 5 then we can go play MCC?

Don't like BR starts? Go play Halo 5 where you can use automatics to your hearts content. :kappa:

Postums, if you're reading this, just make it AR primary BR secondary starts. Everyone will be happy. Instead of starting right out the gate with cross game playlists and AR/SMG starts how about we try things in reverse this time? Add them later on if they're actually wanted as badly as you think they are. What's that thing you guys like to throw at us? Vocal minority? I feel like the people who are vocal about having automatics are in the minority on this one. Even then it's still AR starts with a BR in the backpack.

Theres a thread discussing this on reddit made by reiku. And everyone on reddit is bashing ar starts but reiku. I couldnt believe that /r/halo was so against ar starts. Like literally 70 vs 5 comments for ar starts. And reddit is as mixed as a demographic as they come for halo.

In regards to h3 shot registration. Vs host was always bad but offhost vs offhost was generally pretty good on og. This is dedis so theres no vs host. they have the source code, they are in position to better it if anything.

Dersky laughing at shot reistration is fine, especially off hours. But if ur making fun of legit criticism at the office thats over the line.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So has anyone with the Insider build gotten a single game of H:CE on the team slayer playlist? I ask, because of the 15+ games I've played, I haven't seen H:CE popup once. I am guessing H:CE has been given less than a 0.05% weight.

Concerning AR and SMG starts, MCC was always meant to be a nostalgia trip singularly designed to move consoles. They were never, ever trying to do anything other than stoke old memories. They're not going to get an ounce of new blood into Halo by making previous Halos competitive, and to that end they just don't care about our bitching. They probably collectively creamed themselves over the saying, "exactly as you remember it". Earlier Halos are not Overwatch or LoL or Fortnite to them. 

We'll get our competitive experience, but it's never going to be the primary experience. It wasn't even the primary experience in H5 thanks to fuck-ass Warzone. 

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be anything except that, but that doesn't mean it can't be what we want it to be. What it should be. I feel like the problem really lies with the fact that the devs think we just want to have the game tailored to our liking. Which, I'll admit is half true, but it's not my fault that what I prefer turns out to be what's best for the overall experience. I don't just leave these forums and Halo all of a sudden isn't a thought in my mind. I constantly thinking of ways to improve Halo from it's current state. I don't care what direction Infinite takes as long as it makes sense and works for Halo. Halo 4 and 5 are prime examples of what not to do going forward. Yet, we are STILL debating ARs being a starting weapon without any type of precision weapon as a secondary. I'm cool with AR starts, but give me a BR on my back off spawn so I can put shots on that sniper that keeps spawn fucking my team and I.

It really has nothing to do with making it competitive and everything to do with making the game as fun as possible for everyone. AR/BR starts bridges that divide and everyone will enjoy. I'll tell you right now quitting is going to be a big issue if gametypes and maps aren't good. People aren't patient these days and won't sit through a 15 minute Slayer game on Isolation with AR starts. I certainly wont and all a quit ban is going to do is get me to go play something else. That's exactly what happened with Reach and Halo 5. I rarely quit in Halo 4 because??..... I could choose to spawn with a BR! Big fucking surprise there, right?

If anyone at 343 can give me a solid answer as to why AR starts are a good idea other than it's what some people prefer then I'll quit posting about it. Until then I will remain defiant. AR/BR starts in social across the board or bust.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Theres a thread discussing this on reddit made by reiku. And everyone on reddit is bashing ar starts but reiku. I couldnt believe that /r/halo was so against ar starts. Like literally 70 vs 5 comments for ar starts. And reddit is as mixed as a demographic as they come for halo.

wh7a_T.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Basically Ace and Dersky were streaming and watched a video of a dude exposing the shitty H3 hitreg. His examples had some clips of him missing shots though and they were laughing their asses off. Doesn't restore much faith in 343 and the whole "they listen!" meme if that's how they treat fan feedback. Oh yeah and Dersky said "someone at work showed me this and I just sat at my desk laughing."

Nobody at 343 deserves their jobs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why is 4v4 CE ranked? That makes zero sense. Are you telling me if I want to play a game of social CE I’m going to have to sit through 3 games of H2 smg starts and 4 games of H3 AR starts to maybe get a game of CE on a good map? Who is even asking for CE to be ranked? Seriously, WHO?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is 4v4 CE ranked? That makes zero sense. Are you telling me if I want to play a game of social CE I’m going to have to sit through 3 games of H2 smg starts and 4 games of H3 AR starts to maybe get a game of CE on a good map? Who is even asking for CE to be ranked? Seriously, WHO?

Who even cares

CE is punishing, ranks will help noobs not match with 50s

It really has nothing to do with making it competitive and everything to do with making the game as fun as possible for everyone. 

When Halo 2 was on XBL, what was the more popular playlist, TS or Hardcore? 

I'm 27. The money isn't the point. The point is that you shouldn't just forget about 343/MS shoving out a very unfinished product that got 100% ignored from after H5 came out up until now. It's why so many companies just do whatever because they know that people will just forget about it after a year and it will happen over again. If people didn't keep complaining about the MCC, I 100% promise you these improvements would not exist.

Great, I'm 26 - so we can have a civil discussion here. If money isn't the point then why is "I paid $60 for it" one of the first things that comes up? I get it now - they've wronged you guys by giving you hope for a new game to somewhat relive your old memories, and create new ones based off that, and they've fallen short every time where you don't think they listen to you.

I think the thing I'm trying to push here is, do you give up and just remain doubtful? Or do you continue to contribute until they get it right? Right now they're literally asking for your help. I've been on Insider every day giving my 2 cents matching the same people and I've never matched any of you.

@@KINNZE, do you want people to reach out and give feedback, or do you want to call people spoiled and entitled for saying what they want? Pick one.

Look man, I had apologized for calling you spoiled and entitled. It came across as that to me because I couldn't understand why you all were acting with such negativity and bitterness. I'm sure they'd appreciate some constructive feedback - so I look forward to seeing your discussion in discord, because that's where we're having it.

When Halo 2 was on XBL, what was the more popular playlist, TS or Hardcore? 

Team Slayer, and it wasn't even close. Hardcore was one of the least played lists in H2, just like in all subsequent Halo games.

Team Slayer, and it wasn't even close. Hardcore was one of the least played lists in H2, just like in all subsequent Halo games.

Exactly. 

Halo has always been 90% casual and 10% competitive. They don't care about BR starts. They want to play what they remember. 

Both sides of this drama are fucking stupid tbh.

Yes Dersky should not have brought it up on stream and laughed it off completely. MCC is worse. And Ace is ignorant if he thinks people don't like Halo 3 "because they're bad at it".

But I can also see why he's laughing at the kid because some of these examples are laughable. This dumb kid is raging at missing 10 shots in The Pit as if that's impossible in Halo 3 (it's not). If you watch the slowed down clip he did in fact miss at least 4 shots and then the rest can be chalked up to spread and yes possibly hit reg of course.

Halo 3 OG was shit. Period. He's misremembering how it worked. Yes MCC is slightly worse. No doubt about it. Soulj told him in the comments that OG was always like this though and the guy didn't get it. It's like he's not even aware of offhost giving more magnetism and shockingly isn't aware of bullet spread as he doesn't bring it up once. Then he shows clips from the MLG playlist on OG which has 110% damage as good examples of hit reg. Then proceeds to tell people at 343 that they're clueless and don't know anything about Halo (tbf some don't lol but neither does this kid). What a clown.

Then to top it off he keeps REEING and calling Ace autistic and that Dersky has Down's. Completely classless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

^ Was about to ask, this kid in the video knows that the H3 BR has spread on it, right? It was shit from day-1 and never fixed. 

Fuck everyone involved in that situation, honestly. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who even cares

CE is punishing, ranks will help noobs not match with 50s

I care. Having a rank completely changes the way I approach the game. No rank equals fun relaxed games. Ranks equals headset in and sweating it out. The way you prevent noobs from getting stomped by 50s is to have hidden skill rating. I play a ton of quick play in OW and that has hidden skill rating. The matches are hardly ever total blowouts and it feels fair but the difference between it being ranked and not ranked completely changes how I play and enjoy the game and it isn’t just me that feels that way. If me and my friends are having a shit night in OW we can just hop in quick play and enjoy the game for what it is. Sure, we may still continue getting stomped likes we did in competitive but it’s a hell of a lot less frustrating when I’m not watching my rank dive bomb after each round.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I care. Having a rank completely changes the way I approach the game. No rank equals fun relaxed games. Ranks equals headset in and sweating it out. The way you prevent noobs from getting stomped by 50s is to have hidden skill rating. I play a ton of quick play in OW and that has hidden skill rating. The matches are hardly ever total blowouts and it feels fair but the difference between it being ranked and not ranked completely changes how I play and enjoy the game and it isn’t just me that feels that way. If me and my friends are having a shit night in OW we can just hop in quick play and enjoy the game for what it is. Sure, we may still continue getting stomped likes we did in competitive but it’s a hell of a lot less frustrating when I’m not watching my rank dive bomb after each round.

You could just... not care? Like you were just saying that you were hoping there'd be no 4v4 list that's ranked at all. It's not like you have one list that's ranked and another list that's the exact same but social so you play the social to not drop rank. Regardless of if it was ranked or not you were already prepared not to care about your performance in the 4v4 list.

Just care about your 2v2 rank. That's the one that real players will hold to a high standard if bragging rights are that important to you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody at 343 deserves their jobs.

Isn't it funny that 343 threw a tantrum over Multi's "mean" comments, but apparently Dersky shitting on paying customers on live stream is golden? What an amazing company!

Both sides of this drama are fucking stupid tbh.

Yes Dersky should not have brought it up on stream and laughed it off completely. MCC is worse. And Ace is ignorant if he thinks people don't like Halo 3 "because they're bad at it".

But I can also see why he's laughing at the kid because some of these examples are laughable. This dumb kid is raging at missing 10 shots in The Pit as if that's impossible in Halo 3 (it's not). If you watch the slowed down clip he did in fact miss at least 4 shots and then the rest can be chalked up to spread and yes possibly hit reg of course.

Halo 3 OG was shit. Period. He's misremembering how it worked. Yes MCC is slightly worse. No doubt about it. Soulj told him in the comments that OG was always like this though and the guy didn't get it. It's like he's not even aware of offhost giving more magnetism and shockingly isn't aware of bullet spread as he doesn't bring it up once. Then he shows clips from the MLG playlist on OG which has 110% damage as good examples of hit reg. Then proceeds to tell people at 343 that they're clueless and don't know anything about Halo (tbf some don't lol but neither does this kid). What a clown.

Then to top it off he keeps REEING and calling Ace autistic and that Dersky has Down's. Completely classless.

Oh, absolutely. His original video was stupid af, testing at ranges where BR spread is the deciding factor more than anything and using these garbage-ass clips of him missing shots as examples etc. All his "results" were basically the result of selection bias and RNG from the BR spread, with host vs off-host magnetism having a factor of maybe 5% at best. And yes his insults are pretty low, can't deny I laughed the first time he dropped the autistic bomb.

I'm honestly glad the original caught traction though, as shitty as it was, it brought attention to the issue. The netcode definitely improved with insider, better than OG has ever been (I honestly never noticed a significant difference between OG vs MCC, it was always fucking garbage). So there's that.

You could just... not care? Like you were just saying that you were hoping there'd be no 4v4 list that's ranked at all. It's not like you have one list that's ranked and another list that's the exact same but social so you play the social to not drop rank. Regardless of if it was ranked or not you were already prepared not to care about your performance in the 4v4 list.

Just care about your 2v2 rank. That's the one that real players will hold to a high standard if bragging rights are that important to you.

So there is absolutely no way to play CE in a social environment without having to play six games of something I don’t care to play at all and your solution is to just not care about my rank in the ranked mode? As much as switching my entire psychology on gaming would be awesome I think it would be waaay easier for 343 to just provide a social CE experience (with skill matching) for which 4v4 arena would be absolutely perfect. It would be less irritating if there was a population of people that wanted ranked 4v4 CE and compromise had to be made but I really don’t think there’s a demand for ranked 4v4 CE to begin with. The people who really still care about CE and play it already know the way to play CE competitively is 2v2 so why make 4v4 ranked to begin with. Bragging rights have nothing to do with it because my skill in CE is nothing to brag about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Slayer removed for H3 Team Hardcore

See you guys next test.