CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

LOL it absolutely is. I'm a fucking anchor. In the last 3 series i think my team won 1 game.

At least you still play which is more than pretty much everyone else. Crazy.

See maybe I'd get more pissed about smg starts if I had gotten a single smg start game in Halo 2 in the TS list yet lol. I've been lucky.

And AR starts in h3 aren't completely horrible... Just obviously worse.

Orbital ARs are the worst when there's like 1 BR on the entire map and equipment everywhere. As I type this, I got another fucking Gemini SMGs game.

At least you still play which is more than pretty much everyone else. Crazy.

I have never been The GOAT at shooters, but its also been a long long time since i have had to actually put in any effort to be decent at one either.  Just trying to enjoy the process at the moment 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope they don't launch MCC with Halo 2 as it is in the insider build right now to the public. Whoever broke H2 at 343 pls fix it.

I really hope they don't launch MCC with Halo 2 as it is in the insider build right now to the public. Whoever broke H2 at 343 pls fix it.

Yeah 343, make it BR starts. 

netcode needs work

AR/SMG starts are bad for everyone, especially casuals. If they come up against a semi-decent playing in a casual playlist with AR/SMG starts, they are going to have less fun as there will be almost no chance of them gaining any momentum as they get fucked by the BR guy all game.

That’s my point man, we’re on the same page! Trying to please the casual crowd has completely failed.

I misread your post as pro-AR because I was in the heat of the moment.

My bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Day 1 playlists for MCC update:

s2blza.jpg

Remove pointless-ass quickplay and this would be pretty much perfect. Why do they make the same mistakes over and over, I just don't get it. We're so damn close to a decent playlist lineup for the first time in 4 years and again we stumble and fall right before the finish line. Story of being a Halo fan.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Remove pointless-ass quickplay and this would be pretty much perfect. Why do they make the same mistakes over and over, I just don't get it. We're so damn close to a decent playlist lineup for the first time in 4 years and again we stumble and fall right before the finish line. Story of being a Halo fan.

They're well aware how we feel. It was said that these are the Day 1 playlists and will adjust accordingly with population. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're well aware how we feel. It was said that these are the Day 1 playlists and will adjust accordingly with population. 

postums said he's adjusting based on populations. the crossgame playlist is always going to be in the top, so it will never get rid of. what's going to happen is that it will draw people away from the individual 4v4 playlists, making them suffer, and that will be validate their removal. Then we'll have the classic "no h4 i quit" all over again. it's like 4 years of data is being thrown out the window. 

tho obviously the best answer is mix tape playlists, but they don't want to invest the time in that. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

postums said he's adjusting based on populations. the crossgame playlist is always going to be in the top, so it will never get rid of. what's going to happen is that it will draw people away from the individual 4v4 playlists, making them suffer, and that will be validate their removal. Then we'll have the classic "no h4 i quit" all over again. it's like 4 years of data is being thrown out the window. 

tho obviously the best answer is mix tape playlists, but they don't want to invest the time in that. 

Why don't you express that concern with him? Seems like you've got a valid point.

Dumb. If the TS playlist is the only one with AR/SMG only starts then it's a fair compromise I guess. :/

Still think it shouldn't be a thing. I really don't understand it. AR/SMG starts in FFA and BTB will be cancer. AR starts on Valhalla? CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT! :weback:

Dumb. If the TS playlist is the only one with AR/SMG only starts then it's a fair compromise I guess. :/

Still think it shouldn't be a thing. I really don't understand it. AR/SMG starts in FFA and BTB will be cancer. AR starts on Valhalla? CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT! :weback:

Can't wait for SMGs on Backwash in 2018 in the most populated playlist in the game! Inclusivity!

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's my understanding that AR/SMG starts will be limited to only the Quickplay playlist, on a low weighting. So no FFA (I hope) and almost certainly no BTB AR starts.

Why don't you express that concern with him? Seems like you've got a valid point.

He has. Many people have. They're just stuck in their ways.

Dang, didn't think I'd ruin all of your days with that lol. I think they're doing fine, they'll be making adjustments. They don't owe us anything. Pretty sure this is a new team than the one that threw the game away 4/5 years ago and the guys leading the MCC update team have been pretty good at communicating with the community.  A bunch of you guys are acting super spoiled and act like they have done you so wrong. Be grateful they've actually chosen to fix this game

It's my understanding that AR/SMG starts will be limited to only the Quickplay playlist, on a low weighting. So no FFA (I hope) and almost certainly no BTB AR starts.

He has. Many people have. They're just stuck in their ways.

Bro, I see you in the discord chat. Express your concern there. We were all talking about it today

• Downvote (-1) 15

Dang, didn't think I'd ruin all of your days with that lol. I think they're doing fine, they'll be making adjustments. They don't owe us anything. Pretty sure this is a new team than the one that threw the game away 4/5 years ago and the guys leading the MCC update team have been pretty good at communicating with the community.  A bunch of you guys are acting super spoiled and act like they have done you so wrong. Be grateful they've actually chosen to fix this game

Bro, I see you in the discord chat. Express your concern there. We were all talking about it today

There's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. Excuse me for wanting the right way. Some of their decisions with this update will be detrimental to the game, and we see it coming from a mile away. We're trying to prevent it, but GOD FORBID we come across as spoiled and ungrateful for trying to get the game we paid for 4 years ago.

Edit: I did. I did exactly what you just suggested, like 3 days ago. I @'d Postums and spoke directly to him about my concerns with AR/SMG starts. I even posted about it here right afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They don't owe us anything.

A bunch of you guys are acting super spoiled and act like they have done you so wrong. Be grateful they've actually chosen to fix this game

UKthWpK.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

UKthWpK.jpg

Ok yeah that makes sense lol. I've seen your long detailed letter before and I get the whole bitterness towards them. Trying to express that they could do everything at this point and somehow you guys would find something that's wrong. Never seen so much hostility and grudge over a 5 title/$60 game that came out 4 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

A bunch of you guys are acting super spoiled and act like they have done you so wrong. Be grateful they've actually chosen to fix this game

You mean I act the way I am after 4 years of a game I paid $60 for (not including a brand new Xbox One) is finally going to be updated. How about it's "exactly how I remember it" and that was a lie? Fuck playing nice they get no excuses.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well shucks. I'll still never understand why AR/BR starts isn't the solution when the concern is "too many sweaty players with only BRs". I know I'm beating a dead horse with you guys, but if they're scared of sweaty players dominating with only BRs, I don't know how the problem is fixed when the sweaty players pick up BRs and the losing team has no choice but to use ARs.

• Upvote (+1) 6