CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Anyone know why MCC isnt in my "Insider content" on the Insider hub thing? I only see Minecraft

edit: nvm i see you have to be invited

AFilthyCasual is on twitch right now going for the Halo 2 Legendary deathless WR. He's about 3 levels away...pretty cool.

He died on Uprising..daamn, so close.

If I have a 1440p monitor will Xbox one x down scale 4K to 2k for mcc or does the Xbox one x output 1440p natively and just upscale to 4K?

It should downscale to your native resolution.

XCp4vcc.png

If they could add deadzone settings and like half or quarter ticks to the sensitivity settings, that would take care of it.

i've had ghost melees in h3 and im pretty sure I never encountered any ghost melees in h3 before.

I have 100% gotten them before in both H2 and H3.  H2 was worse, but occasionally you would get a lunge with no damage in H3 too.  Never happened to me for either game on LAN though, so it was just an internet thing.

Edit:  Whats the discord link?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember how in MCC when you match someone you can hear their mic, usually blasting Despacito 2 at full volume and you can't mute them? Apparently they didn't think there was anything wrong with that and it's still the same in the insider. Lmao.

Watching Ogre 2 stream on twitch and the H:CE shot reg looks super crispy. We back? Halo 3 also looks very solid (hit reg), not that I care for that game.

How is Halo 2?

Watching Ogre 2 stream on twitch and the H:CE shot reg looks super crispy. We back? Halo 3 also looks very solid (hit reg), not that I care for that game.

How is Halo 2?

From what I could tell, not good. Inconsistent. He was complaining about it quite a bit.

H3 and CE hit reg are massively improved. H2 feels better at time, and worse at times.

From what I could tell, not good. Inconsistent. He was complaining about it quite a bit.

He said H2 wasn't any different for him but the shots are much better for me. Most games I played were pretty similar to on-host OG H2 in terms of shot registration. My only guess is because of the server he was playing on.

H2 has worse hit detection than normal mcc lmao and that H3 aiming is a joooooooooke

Yeah, something is up with H2 hit detection for sure. It's very jarring coming back to insider after playing project cartographer. That wasn't an issue on retail MCC.

The underestimation of AR kids here is staggering. You will see whining the likes of which you've never seen if AR starts go away completely. Do I agree with them, fuck no. But concessions have to be made sometimes.

I'm still waiting to see where postums said all playlists will be 100% BRs. And tbh I've gotten like 75% BR start games in TS. I feel like it's acceptable weighting to please everyone especially as it's limited to one playlist. AR kids will be forced to play with BRs a lot and get good with them in between their AR games. Maybe they'll start to appreciate BRs as a result.

I really just don't get the point about liking all three games. First we had everyone bitching about cross game playlists, now they're suddenly fine and need to be BRs because I can't just go and randomly select BR playlists of each individual game and cycle through them? Come on.

My stance on the issue is simply that I have zero respect for the demand. Big Show stated most of my feelings pretty well, but I just feel like this is something we need to leave behind moving forward. It has NEVER deserved the level of catering that it's received. The only reason people feel this way about the game is because thats the way the developer presented it initially. If we just stop doing that, that desire will fade away. Lets be real; the desire for AR/SMG starts is not born out of discerning taste. It's born out of inexperience with the game, and being initially told by the developer that this was the way to play. If it were backwards, and we started with BRs and later took them away, they too would be upset about it.

Now, if you want to present that gametype in a different light, I'd be okay with that. Kinda similar to team duals. Apollo has a good idea. Remove the rifles off the maps, and call the gametype "Training Slayer", or "Beginner's Slayer". Just make it clear with the labeling that it's intended to be an introductory, easier, shallower experience, not the real game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

XCp4vcc.png

Do you remember seeing a thread on Waypoint about 3-4 months ago in the MCC forum about the aiming? The post went into great detail about what was wrong with the aiming and what needed to be done to fix it. I'm surprised Postums didn't see it then. I will try finding it tonight.

XCp4vcc.png

This just makes less than no sense, unless the entire fundamental concept of aiming in Halo is based around some esoteric code or technology married with system performance that nobody else knows about (I believe we've all argued about this ad nauseam). I have an extremely hard time believing that nobody who is responsible for coding for Halo has any clue what this is about. 

This just makes less than no sense, unless the entire fundamental concept of aiming in Halo is based around some esoteric code or technology married with system performance that nobody else knows about (I believe we've all argued about this ad nauseam). I have an extremely hard time believing that nobody who is responsible for coding for Halo has any clue what this is about. 

Aiming is absolutely tied to performance. If framerate or networking drops controls become less responsive. Just for an easy example, playing offhost Halo 1 vs onhost. Trying to aim in split screen when a million nades are going off vs trying to aim in perfect conditions.

I believe Postums' reasons. I did tag him and kornman and asked if we can get deadzone and other controller options in a later update though. Hopefully they think it's a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GG's to @OG Nick, @BR N00b, and @@Apollo tonight. Apollo is learning the nitty gritty of Halo 1 and playing with 3 people more experienced than him, and he's taking his lumps in the name of actually learning how to play the game. I respect that. Be like Apollo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Aiming is absolutely tied to performance. If framerate or networking drops controls become less responsive. Just for an easy example, playing offhost Halo 1 vs onhost. Trying to aim in split screen when a million nades are going off vs trying to aim in perfect conditions.

I believe Postums' reasons. I did tag him and kornman and asked if we can get deadzone and other controller options in a later update though. Hopefully they think it's a good idea.

Well firstly, if the aiming is affected by performance, then literally no controller adjustment options will help fix the problem. 

Secondly, not only is there essentially no hecking way that the XB1 is getting bogged down by a game from 2001 (1080p60 be damned), but nobody has ever shown that the CPU of the XB1 specifically is having trouble keeping up. As long as the controller is able to provide its interrupt to the CPU, it can process aiming instructions. Dips in framerate, meanwhile, are just that - dips in framerate. They aren't tied to the aiming system, you just can't aim properly at 5FPS.