CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Its depressing to me that Halo 3 is going to take the lions share of the playlists because its easily the second worst game in the collection.  People don't like the idea of actually dying to a single player when they do stupid shit apparently.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its depressing to me that Halo 3 is going to take the lions share of the playlists because its easily the second worst game in the collection.  People don't like the idea of actually dying to a single player when they do stupid shit apparently.

I'm just glad that the cancer known as Team Slayer and BTB H3 kids will be restricted to their own playlists. It sucks that we can't have more playlists for CE and H2 but this lineup will still be a massive improvement over the status quo.

What really pisses me off about MCC is that H3 and especially H4 were even added to it. Both games were still playable on the 360 at the time and are to this day, even with BC on the Xbone now. They are far too recent to be remade and now people are even asking for a Reach remake lmao. It's just stupid. I hate modern CoD, but CoD4 remastered did it way better.

Just imagine if MCC was just a bundle of CEA and H2A and instead of wasting resources on porting two weak af Halo games (with only slight visual improvements) they had fullyremastered the MP portions of both CE and H2. (and it could have actually worked too you know).

Then 3 years later they could have dropped H3A as a standalone game. I just can't fathom why they went for the full collection when all it did was shoot them in the foot as they were too incompetent to actually pull it off, robbed them off the money H3A could have made and lead to issues like cross-game playlists and overall an incoherenct feeling when switching between games, again H4 being the worst offender.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just glad that the cancer known as Team Slayer and BTB H3 kids will be restricted to their own playlists. It sucks that we can't have more playlists for CE and H2 but this lineup will still be a massive improvement over the status quo.

What really pisses me off about MCC is that H3 and especially H4 were even added to it. Both games were still playable on the 360 at the time and are to this day, even with BC on the Xbone now. They are far too recent to be remade and now people are even asking for a Reach remake lmao. It's just stupid. I hate modern CoD, but CoD4 remastered did it way better.

Just imagine if MCC was just a bundle of CEA and H2A and instead of wasting resources on porting two weak af Halo games (with only slight visual improvements) they had fullyremastered the MP portions of both CE and H2. (and it could have actually worked too you know).

Then 3 years later they could have dropped H3A as a standalone game. I just can't fathom why they went for the full collection when all it did was shoot them in the foot as they were too incompetent to actually pull it off, robbed them off the money H3A could have made and lead to issues like cross-game playlists and overall an incoherenct feeling when switching between games, again H4 being the worst offender.

Yes this is true. At least i won't have to deal with kids dodging when their precious H3 doesn't get voted.  And at least all the H2 lists will be BR starts all the time too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do we really need social playlist if were getting a custom game browser?

The custom game browser isn't coming with the first update, so in the meantime absolutely.

All the casuals wanting reach to be remade are shooting themselves in the foot. Right now Reach has 100% of the population on the 360 servers. As soon as it's released on the xbone remastered and its not compatible, it gets severely hurt. Reach is played so much because it is on the 360 and the 360 had so many consoles sold. the 360 crowd wont move over, so their game is hurt. The new people won't be playing reach after a year because if they would, they would already be playing it on the 360/backwards compatibility. So it cuts the population pool in half for both releases for no reason other than "muh 60 fps." - We already saw this happen with halo 3. While halo 3 was less popular than halo reach 2011-2014 (pre mcc hype), it still functioned. you could get games in skirmish, rumble, btb, social slayer, action sack, multi team, team slayer, team doubles, lone wolves, mlg. That's all you needed. yeah swat was dead but so what. now its just lone wolves, team slayer, 50high dubs, social slayer. no btb. no multi team. no mlg. And remember that halo 3 doesnt even work as well on the xbone and it's in this state. 

That seems like a very bad idea for the reach community. I hope that doesnt happen to them

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would kinda prefer to see fewer playlists to compensate for the game's low population, but were getting h1 4v4 again so whatever. I'm content.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Combine H2 TS and Hardcore into one playlist and have both options represented in the voting slots.

Replace H2 TS with FFA

H3 can fuck off and go play BC if they wanna cry about shit. Your fucking game already exists. Go play it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Combine H2 TS and Hardcore into one playlist and have both options represented in the voting slots.

Replace H2 TS with FFA

H3 can fuck off and go play BC if they wanna cry about shit. Your fucking game already exists. Go play it.

For the love of fuck yes.  All the H3 kids want to play is H3... so just go fucking do that.  Same with H4.  MCC should really be about H1 and 2 since there is no outlet short of xlink kai to play those.

I am pretty sure they are getting rid of voting altogether though.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

These are actually pretty decent playlists, especially coming from this company. We should still push for checklists/mixtape though as it's clearly the better solution.

And have they said anything about progression systems besides the ranking system? It would be to have the H3 ranks and playlist XP for the relaunch.

According to 343i we're not going to ever get a search preference nor mixtape matchmaking because that would be too difficult for them to implement :(

Honestly people need to stop and realize that H2 and CE are damn near dead on MCC and MCC itself would be considered dead overall compared to most games. I love the games and everything but we should be thankful that we're getting the playlists for those games that we are rather than complaining about games people actually play right now. We need to realize we're a minority basically. I actually have been playing MCC for the last few months (imagine this is how I got into the flights so fast) and just searching rando playlists like TS since most of the time you can't get a game in hardcore. People still vote for H2/CE sometimes but its basically only when the H3 option is AR start terriblebound. Even then a lot of the time people vote H3 anyways. The 343 playlist guys are just doing their job while still making sure the smaller games have a space

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly people need to stop and realize that H2 and CE are damn near dead on MCC and MCC itself would be considered dead overall compared to most games. I love the games and everything but we should be thankful that we're getting the playlists for those games that we are rather than complaining about games people actually play right now. We need to realize we're a minority basically. I actually have been playing MCC for the last few months (imagine this is how I got into the flights so fast) and just searching rando playlists like TS since most of the time you can't get a game in hardcore. People still vote for H2/CE sometimes but its basically only when the H3 option is AR start terriblebound. Even then a lot of the time people vote H3 anyways. The 343 playlist guys are just doing their job while still making sure the smaller games have a space

You hit the nail on the head, unfortunately. (Even though I do enjoy H3 for what it is)

My only problem with the playlists is having ranked team slayer in H2/H3. Nobody cares that you have a 50 in slayer and 99.9% of people searching team slayer in MCC right now don’t care about a rank and don’t want to get sweaty. They just want to sit back and enjoy a fun game of casual Halo where they don’t have to worry how well they perform. Keep ranked to hardcore and FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol getting mad at the most popular game by far for having the most playlists. Crazy.

Dudes living in a fantasy land.

New update to MCC insider.

Halo 3 dubs

Halo 3 action sack

Halo 2 hardcore

Also fixed FOV for Halo 2.

Jumping in now if anybody wants to play.

GT = Turkeyyy Lips

• Upvote (+1) 1

They really need to add more players to these flights. EU players are just getting fucked over, all I can ever play is 1v1. How am I supposed to give feedback like this?

• Upvote (+1) 3

They really need to add more players to these flights. EU players are just getting fucked over, all I can ever play is 1v1. How am I supposed to give feedback like this?

that's not really an eu problem for flight 2 at least. its like that for everyone

Yeah I don't really understand the thought process here. Given that such a limited number of players have access to the insider version, getting matches without specific "play times" is incredibly difficult. Are matches still running on dedicated servers? Are they even trying to test out specific things, or are they just letting the inmates run the asylum?

Yeah I don't really understand the thought process here. Given that such a limited number of players have access to the insider version, getting matches without specific "play times" is incredibly difficult. Are matches still running on dedicated servers? Are they even trying to test out specific things, or are they just letting the inmates run the asylum?

It says all over the playlist info that playing outside of the scheduled times might not be possible depending on player counts. They set up times to play and send surveys asking about those playtests. Seems to make sense in that context. I don't think its supposed to just be a game to hop on and play at any time although its cool that they leave it up

I know it's been posted but I wanna embed the tweet so it gets more eyes to it.

Please fill this in. I don't want the playlist selection later this year to be garbage. Share it with all your friends. You don't have to be in the Insider program to fill this in.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It says all over the playlist info that playing outside of the scheduled times might not be possible depending on player counts. They set up times to play and send surveys asking about those playtests. Seems to make sense in that context. I don't think its supposed to just be a game to hop on and play at any time although its cool that they leave it up

Yeah I understand all of that. I am just wondering if the current insider is running on dedicated servers, and what specifically we should be play testing for. And I do agree that it's cool of them to leave it up. Would just be cool if more players had access to the insider version.

You don't really need to worry about it outside of Flight times. There's no flights currently scheduled so its just something to play during downtime, provided you can find a game.

Yeah I understand all of that. I am just wondering if the current insider is running on dedicated servers, and what specifically we should be play testing for. And I do agree that it's cool of them to leave it up. Would just be cool if more players had access to the insider version.

It's all on dedicated servers currently, and feedback on literally anything. How is H2C playing, is it close to original H2C, if not, what?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lol getting mad at the most popular game by far for having the most playlists. Crazy.

Ignoring context sure is fun.