CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Probably been posted but: 

Y'all can stream, post videos and screenshots of the MCC Insider builds now. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Unpopular opinion: Full bloom Reach made for the best SWAT in the series.

nah its all about the dinos and their missing hitbox and swiping the reticle across their upper body hoping for a headshot. Oh and having host
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unpopular opinion: Full bloom Reach made for the best SWAT in the series.

If your bloom instantly reset upon a kill, then you would have a case. Bloom made fighting multiple people even more impossible than normal SWAT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have no problems with the playlist idea that postums had. I was against making all or the majority of the queue's as cross game playlists. As you can see from posts like Supermelee's there are Halo 3 players that just have literal melt-downs when their game isn't picked. It leads to constant frustrating games where people quit out and slowly removes all motivation to even find games.

While I never wanted BTB to be Halos premiere competitive mode, I absolutely loved try-harding in those modes in h2/h3. Had a 33 in major clan match, 38 in BTB h2, 50 in H3 etc and it was a ridiculous amount of fun being able to play a mode like that with a mix of my real life friends who weren't good enough for MLG and some others who would compete. That's one reason I really liked warzone assault.

ranked swat is a waste of a playlist imo.

Am I the only one that hears the name "Postums" and shutters a bit thinking of Bungie's Lukems? Lukems sucked. I know nothing about Postum's personally but it's the first thing I think of when I hear his name.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have no problems with the playlist idea that postums had. I was against making all or the majority of the queue's as cross game playlists. As you can see from posts like Supermelee's there are Halo 3 players that just have literal melt-downs when their game isn't picked. It leads to constant frustrating games where people quit out and slowly removes all motivation to even find games.

While I never wanted BTB to be Halos premiere competitive mode, I absolutely loved try-harding in those modes in h2/h3. Had a 33 in major clan match, 38 in BTB h2, 50 in H3 etc and it was a ridiculous amount of fun being able to play a mode like that with a mix of my real life friends who weren't good enough for MLG and some others who would compete. That's one reason I really liked warzone assault.

ranked swat is a waste of a playlist imo.

Am I the only one that hears the name "Postums" and shutters a bit thinking of Bungie's Lukems? Lukems sucked. I know nothing about Postum's personally but it's the first thing I think of when I hear his name.

any dedicated swat playlist is a fucking waste of time.  Stick in action sack or some shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wonder if MCC will/could get the TrueSkill2 treatment. In theory it should be available for the entire Xbox platform to use.

any dedicated swat playlist is a fucking waste of time.  Stick in action sack or some shit.

I'd agree if SWAT hasn't been one of the most popular lists since Halo 3.

I don't see the point of ranked slayer, otherwise I'm on board with that list.

• Upvote (+1) 3

bruh yeah I hate halo 3 but if you are gonna remove that pos from BTB and make it its own playlist do the same for the other POS aka H4 please and thank you, we don't need ranked TS for H2 either, make that social and let ranked hardcore be just objective.

There I fixed your mess

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you cant uncheck a game for crossplay its going to be shit. I want to play h2/ce btb but vs people who want to play it to/not quit. I also never want to play halo4. Also there is still ranked 4v4. H2/h3. Hardcore should replace it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you cant uncheck a game for crossplay its going to be shit. I want to play h2/ce btb but vs people who want to play it to/not quit. I also never want to play halo4. Also there is still ranked 4v4. H2/h3. Hardcore should replace it.

I really don't see the problem with this playlist line up. The reason there is ranked 4v4 is because that is the feedback they received yesterday there is still hardcore along ranked team slayer i don't see the problem with having both.

I really don't see the problem with this playlist line up. The reason there is ranked 4v4 is because that is the feedback they received yesterday there is still hardcore along ranked team slayer i don't see the problem with having both.

This seems like a reply to a different post I made... I just disagree. team slayer plays way too close to team hardcore (especially in halo2), and ranked ts is just worse because it has radar. So you're splitting up the population so one group can have their red skittle and one group can have their green skittle. Just pick one.

The cross-game playlist is my main issue with the current playlist selection. people who want to play halo4 will quit out of ce/2 games and people who want to play ce will quit out of 4/2 games. It's not fun to be forced to play a game you don't like. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here's a CRAZY idea: How about anything that's ranked and a team game gets the hardcore treatment? No radar, and no shitty gametypes/settings. But you don't call it Hardcore. You just call it 4v4. This way they don't scare people away and actually retain a population, we FINALLY start normalizing good settings in the minds of the masses, and we start reversing this bullshit status quo we've had since 2004 where the default settings are shit and people are terrified of good ones.

If all Halo team games had no radar from here on out, who the fuck would miss it?

go post that on the waypoint thread. seems like 343 is avoiding TB for some reason. cmon @@GrimBrother One send postums our way
  • Upvote (+1) 5

go post that on the waypoint thread. seems like 343 is avoiding TB for some reason. cmon @@GrimBrother One send postums our way

Done. Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been to that thread yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they do rotational BtB then Halo 4 should be excluded from this it's by far the worst of the entire series and nobody wants that game to be the only option for an entire fucking month.

Now this is pretty much perfect in my opinion I think we can settle on this. 

Even better if they made the H3 BTB ranked and have the cross BTB for social.

• Upvote (+1) 1

qbdUz0N.png

:wutface:  :(

"We're going to re-dedicate ourselves to fixing and maintaining MCC!" 

"Whoa hold on, we didn't mean THAT much." 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"We're going to re-dedicate ourselves to fixing and maintaining MCC!" 

"Whoa hold on, we didn't mean THAT much."

They probably have no clue how to do it lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why Doubles gets to have a ranked playlist for CE and H3 but not for H2?  Because of the infamous MCC H2 glitch where, if host quits or the other team quits as a whole you and your team go black screen.  As a result the game thinks you and/or your party quit the match and thus gives you three losses.  Usually this makes you go down rank, even after a single occurrence.  

Therefore, competitive players who like to grind for ranks simply could not risk voting for H2 in playlists like Doubles and Hardcore, or else there was a good chance the glitch would occur.  Even if you won the match, MCC would still screw you over.  So although I am very happy that H2 and H3 Hardcore are getting their own separate playlists, I don't understand why we cant do the same for H2?