CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I wish 343 would just tighten up the br spread like 40%. ez netcode fix

• Upvote (+1) 6

It was better for me than other people's host is typically. Fyi I have gigabit internet so I pretty much always have 800 up and down or so and there were still dropped BR shots. I'm assuming it was a dedicated server unless Gregor has the best host of all time. 

Other stuff though there is a brightness setting so the game actually looks like H3.

I swear the aim feels different too but that could just be the host etc

gregor has a good host just saying

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-4

That shitty feel when CE MP doesn't get mentioned, and halo 2 30-60hz gets mentioned for the carbine but no talks about it for button combos.

Browsing the playlist feedback thread and I see people suggesting halo 3 have 5 of the 9 allowed playlists or having ranked halo 3 swat like god bless.

9 playlists is doable if you made it so h4/h2a weren't included. 

btw guys, 343 are reading that thread so go over and post your opinion. the playlists have already been updated in the past 2hours. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

That shitty feel when CE MP doesn't get mentioned, and halo 2 30-60hz gets mentioned for the carbine but no talks about it for button combos.

Browsing the playlist feedback thread and I see people suggesting halo 3 have 5 of the 9 allowed playlists or having ranked halo 3 swat like god bless.

Yea no mention of CE is a little worrying. Here is hoping for next time.

Once again the H3 kids prove to be cry babies. If you want to play social slayer vote it in the social playlist jfc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just shoot me.

Some of these things mentioned were good.  But still concerned about the CE/H2 side of things...

I’m pretty sure something is different with the sensitivity. Had to readjust my settings several times during a match. Might be placebo and the fact that some of the best players are playing the flight.

Shot registration was better but it’s still H3. Lots of dropped shots and wonky spread. Its a different beast than og h3 and mcc h3. It’s much much better than retail MCC though. Is it confirmed that dedicated servers are online? Did some host checks in game and it appeared that no one was host.

I knew sensitivities were different.

Just shoot me.

Some of these things mentioned were good. But still concerned about the CE/H2 side of things...

real talk why is it you die hard h1 and 2 fans never tell 343 what you want? Like I do understand most of us are probably banned on waypoint from telling 343 to fuck the selves for bs of mcc and h5, but there is Twitter.

real talk why is it you die hard h1 and 2 fans never tell 343 what you want? Like I do understand most of us are probably banned on waypoint from telling 343 to fuck the selves for bs of mcc and h5, but there is Twitter.

We have and they do know what we want. Just gonna have to wait and see if 343 is able to pull it off.

The only permanent Halo 2 playlist is team hardcore on 5 maps lmao. These playlists are actually worse than the current ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm on Twitter, Reddit, Waypoint, Discord, and Youtube pretty much everyday doing exactly that.  Most of us just get ignored.

Also can't believe there are not going to be any Snipers, Doubles, FFA, or 1v1 playlists.  Big smack in the face to all those communities for each game.  

I'm on Twitter, Reddit, Waypoint, Discord, and Youtube pretty much everyday doing exactly that. Most of us just get ignored.

Also can't believe there are not going to be any Snipers, Doubles, FFA, or 1v1 playlists. Big smack in the face to all those communities for each game.

Doubles and ffa rage is under standable, but there has NEVER been a 1v1 playlist in any halo that was permanent.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spent quite a few hours playing the update beta.

Graphics look extremely sharp, and it’s smooth. Shots were working as Halo 3 should be.. by leading your shots a little bit. The in-game menus and overall ‘finding a game’ works better than MCC in it’s current state.

I’m very hopeful for this update. Think this will restore some of the Halo community and bring players back. And when they integrate LAN.. it’s a wrap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those who have not read the development update: they are going to cut playlists down to the very barebones CE 2v2, H2 HC, H3 HC etc) and make stuff like social 4v4 and BTB rotational. To which all I can say is: lmao this company. No one likes rotational playlists as H4 and H5 have shown. Good luck if you ever wanted to play CE or H2 BTB or Objective again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea no mention of CE is a little worrying. Here is hoping for next time.

There has been little mention of Halo 1 bugs/networking in any of these updates. Maybe there's a good reason they're not talking about it, but right now it makes it look like Halo 2 is getting all of the attention.

Good luck if you ever wanted to play CE or H2 BTB or Objective again.

I made a suggestion to remedy this (at the expense of Halo 4 Ranked and SWAT). Feel free to go agree with it.

BTW, I don't like the design director's cagey tone here. Reminiscent of MCC's dark days...

We would like to improve the overall MCC multiplayer ecosystem, including skill matching, banning, and overall match quality.

For skill matching, we are evaluating the way ranks are computed. We will also be updating multiplayer playlists and monitoring population so we can keep a healthy range of players in each playlist. At the moment, some of the playlists in Halo: MCC such as Team Hardcore have a very low population day over day and this leads to large ranges of player skills matching together. Please note that when we adjust playlists, ranks are reset in those playlists as the content changes. Once we deliver our full update, we expect to rotate playlists more often based on keeping a healthy population and providing ongoing variety in maps and modes.

For bans, we are updating the system to include more authoritative rules and we will be applying stricter penalties for quitting. We are also looking to add more cases where we can track bad behaviors. Overall, we are making matchmaking a stricter commitment going forward, where backing out will be less likely and will carry stiffer penalties. We will also be masking player names and ranks until further into the matchmaking process.

To improve match quality, we are investigating rules for matching parties with parties and we will evaluate the impact this has on matchmaking times.

Beyond our update, we will evaluate player progression systems and will consider whether the current rank system is the best one to user for player facing lobbies. We intend to preserve classic ranks as part of the player profile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

we should just tell them???...

HAHAHAHAHA

Why didn't i think of that???

Oh wait we have been doing that FOR YEARS. 343 either gets it at this point or they dont and the franchise is going to implode.

• Upvote (+1) 8

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I go on their twitter quote a bit and see less h1&2 request, 343 stopped going on here years ago after y’all cursed frank o Connor

we should just tell them???...

HAHAHAHAHA

Why didn't i think of that???

Oh wait we have been doing that FOR YEARS. 343 either gets it at this point or they dont and the franchise is going to implode.

So based on the feedback i have been reading so far on here, Reddit, Twitter, and hearing on stream Ya'll want something a little bit closer to this list.

Halo CE
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social 4v4
  • Social BTB
Halo 2
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Social BTB
Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Ranked 4v4
Halo 3
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social Big Team Battle
Halo 4
  • Social 4v4

So this is what postums said on waypoint this list is a lot better in my opinion, I would add a few more social playlist but i am fine with this at the moment.

Like i said on there rotational playlist should be fun game modes and some sweaty ones. If they add exp progression type system they can be made into double exp weekends to give a little bit of a population boost.

Rotational Playlist

Multi team

grifball

Infection

Actionsack

3 ball

Fiesta

Rocket race

Team objective 

Head to Head

Team swat

Team snipers

There is probably more that i can't think of I just think this would make more people come back and play on weekends if there was a reason to.

• Upvote (+1) 5