CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The Sniper Rifles and Crossbow are projectile.

The Rocket and Grenade are obviously projectile.

Every other gun in the game is hitscan.

Spread doesn't make the game harder, it just makes it random. Remove spread then apply projectile to the hitscan weapons if they become too overbearing.

@@Teapot

I want my games to be competitively designed because then I'm not dying to bullshit and have a reason to stick around the game because of constant room for improvement. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm at the skill level for or have any desire to attend competitive events.

Competitively designed? Yeah halo 5 was and that game sucks. I swear it could be likeable without the crappy aiming mechanics. It’s beta was better.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Sniper Rifles and Crossbow are projectile.

The Rocket and Grenade are obviously projectile.

Every other gun in the game is hitscan.

Spread doesn't make the game harder, it just makes it random. Remove spread then apply projectile to the hitscan weapons if they become too overbearing.

@@Teapot

I want my games to be competitively designed because then I'm not dying to bullshit and have a reason to stick around the game because of constant room for improvement. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm at the skill level for or have any desire to attend competitive events.

Competitively designed? Yeah halo 5 was and that game sucks. I swear it could be likeable without the crappy aiming mechanics. It’s beta was better.

Also it becomes random spread when you spam it. If you pace your shots a bit most if not all your shots will connect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright, thanks.

Edit: I just read that the original CE sniper is worlds easier than the H5 sniper. JFC

Also it becomes random spread when you spam it. If you pace your shots a bit most if not all your shots will connect.

So just make it no-bloom with the ROF turned down. 

CE really is one of the all-time goats. I hope this new MCC fixes shit and reignites community interest. I might just buy an xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5 is a compromised mess of a game that masquerades as a competitively "designed" game. Not really a fair comparison.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

So just make it no-bloom with the ROF turned down.

the rate of fire on the autos isn’t that high. Like bruh have you ever played a single game out there without some randomness? Recoil, spread is in almost every shooter. The one game it’s not ok in ishalo tbh

Like that wasn’t even a well thought out comment right there. In hindsight you just want first shot accuracy to be 100% every shot. Like pubg has insane recoil and fortnite no recoil but there is bloom which can be controlled by pacing or leading your shot. It’s that simple.

Also the point of spread or bloom is so someone can’t cross map shoot someone and hit every shot with ease. But in a close to medium distance the spread isn’t exactly noticeable or game breaking.

the rate of fire on the autos isn’t that high. Like bruh have you ever played a single game out there without some randomness? Recoil, spread is in almost every shooter. The one game it’s not ok in ishalo tbh

Well uh, glad we agree I guess.

Like that wasn’t even a well thought out comment right there. In hindsight you just want first shot accuracy to be 100% every shot. Like pubg has insane recoil and fortnite no recoil but there is bloom which can be controlled by pacing or leading your shot. It’s that simple.

You have literally no argument to support the idea that the first shot should be on point but the rest can be fuck-all. It's completely arbitrary. 

Also the point of spread or bloom is so someone can’t cross map shoot someone and hit every shot with ease. But in a close to medium distance the spread isn’t exactly noticeable or game breaking.

You know what works way better than that? 

A gun with low zoom and low bullet magnetism. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well uh, glad we agree I guess.

You have literally no argument to support the idea that the first shot should be on point but the rest can be fuck-all. It's completely arbitrary.

You know what works way better than that?

A gun with low zoom and low bullet magnetism.

the guns have low bullet mag it’s not that high.

Also my argument is that you shouldn’t be rewarded for spamming the shit out of your gun. Pacing is a skillful mechanic. And low zoom, ok seriously real talk have you played more than 5 games of fortnite? Because it seems you have no idea what kind of game it is. If every game was v7 reach that be great but a game like fortnite isnt halo with a dominant utility weapon.

You say decrease the zoom acting as if the zoom we get with guns is huge(which is fucking ridiculous to think especially in a battle grounds type of game), you believe every shot being 100% consistent would be better ok then, low bullet magnetism yeah that’s not a good accurate description simply because you need to calculate how much bullet mag is in each specific weapon(but let’s talk about ARs more) , and I don’t believe you know the accurate numbers for that and neither do I. Also the first shot accuracy is just to make people feel good tbh. And also if you pace your shots it’s prerty much constant first shot accuracy. They have to find a way to make shooting skillful since they don’t have recoil in this game.

P.S. I personally believe randomness in games is pure annoying. But if the randomness added to the game can be controlled then it’s ok in my eyes. Look at pubg and the ridiculous recoil in it. Yet we have pros like chad and shroud who figured ways to control it. That takes skill to do. Now would I like a zero bloom zero recoil game yes. But maybe in a game that starts out like that. Come on this forums pretty much full of people like us who are pissed at Devs for ruining are favorite franchise by adding changes that alter the game to an unrecognizable and undesirable trait.

• Downvote (-1) 4

the guns have low bullet mag it’s not that high.

Also my argument is that you shouldn’t be rewarded for spamming the shit out of your gun. Pacing is a skillful mechanic.

No.

No it is not. It is nothing more than a speed bump.

And low zoom, ok seriously real talk have you played more than 5 games of fortnite? Because it seems you have no idea what kind of game it is. If every game was v7 reach that be great but a game like fortnite isnt halo with a dominant utility weapon.

It has nothing to do with if it's a utility weapon or not.

If a gun is too powerful at range, lower the mag/assist and decrease the zoom. For example, doming people across Hang'em High in CE is not a balance issue - but if it was, guess what? The CE pistol actually has a large amount of bullet magnetism the farther out you get, so just lower it. Your solution, meanwhile, is to punish players with good aim?

You say decrease the zoom acting as if the zoom we get with guns is huge(which is fucking ridiculous to think especially in a battle grounds type of game), you believe every shot being 100% consistent would be better ok then, low bullet magnetism yeah that’s not a good accurate description simply because you need to calculate how much bullet mag is in each specific weapon(but let’s talk about ARs more) , and I don’t believe you know the accurate numbers for that and neither do I. Also the first shot accuracy is just to make people feel good tbh. And also if you pace your shots it’s prerty much constant first shot accuracy. They have to find a way to make shooting skillful since they don’t have recoil in this game.

Uh, pretty sure we're talking hypothetically so neither I nor you need to know the exact numbers.

How is "whoever aims better wins" not the literal definition of skill? 

P.S. I personally believe randomness in games is pure annoying. But if the randomness added to the game can be controlled then it’s ok in my eyes. Look at pubg and the ridiculous recoil in it. Yet we have pros like chad and shroud who figured ways to control it. That takes skill to do. Now would I like a zero bloom zero recoil game yes. But maybe in a game that starts out like that. Come on this forums pretty much full of people like us who are pissed at Devs for ruining are favorite franchise by adding changes that alter the game to an unrecognizable and undesirable trait.

The presence of both automatic and semi-automatic weapons in shooters means that basically by default the devs have to differentiate mechanics between them, otherwise one of the two is going to be completely useless. But that is only to encourage/provide for certain playstyles. There is absolutely nothing wrong in principle with an auto weapon that shoots directly dead center, in fact we've had them before, e.g. the Sentinel beam.

I'm also 99.99999% sure that if you ask Chad or Shroud "would you like it if when your crosshair is on your opponent's head that your bullets hit them", they would say yes. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Shroud has said on steam many times that pubg is not a competitively viable game because of how random it is. Many times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shroud has said on steam many times that pubg is not a competitively viable game because of how random it is. Many times.

you shut your whore mouth pbg is the best game ever made just like halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 3

No.

No it is not. It is nothing more than a speed bump.

It has nothing to do with if it's a utility weapon or not.

If a gun is too powerful at range, lower the mag/assist and decrease the zoom. For example, doming people across Hang'em High in CE is not a balance issue - but if it was, guess what? The CE pistol actually has a large amount of bullet magnetism the farther out you get, so just lower it. Your solution, meanwhile, is to punish players with good aim?

Uh, pretty sure we're talking hypothetically so neither I nor you need to know the exact numbers.

How is "whoever aims better wins" not the literal definition of skill?

The presence of both automatic and semi-automatic weapons in shooters means that basically by default the devs have to differentiate mechanics between them, otherwise one of the two is going to be completely useless. But that is only to encourage/provide for certain playstyles. There is absolutely nothing wrong in principle with an auto weapon that shoots directly dead center, in fact we've had them before, e.g. the Sentinel beam.

I'm also 99.99999% sure that if you ask Chad or Shroud "would you like it if when your crosshair is on your opponent's head that your bullets hit them", they would say yes.

if who ever aims better was the definition of skill that be awesome. But it’s not exactly hard to aim in a game like fortnite. So you add ways to increase it. Try to not reward spamming. Though pubg randomness I think shroud was talking about would be it’s rng in loot and zone spawns.

We can’t exactly apply halo mechanics to every game. Though I would prefer that. Like reach v7 was probably the best version of halo period. No spread(bullet mag wasn’t even that high in reach either it was just hit scan) skillful strafing and aiming, amazing utility weapon(though most of us liked the Br more) like reach v7 is the way halo should be.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We can’t exactly apply halo mechanics to every game. Though I would prefer that. Like reach v7 was probably the best version of halo period. No spread(bullet mag wasn’t even that high in reach either it was just hit scan) skillful strafing and aiming, amazing utility weapon(though most of us liked the Br more) like reach v7 is the way halo should be.

• Downvote (-1) 3

We can’t exactly apply halo mechanics to every game.

Bullets hitting where you aim isn't "Halo mechanics". I'm not sure I understand why you think this. Zero spread weapons go all the way back to Doom. 

Decreasing mag and zoom is just a way to avoid adding convoluted nonsense to the game to try and smooth things out. That's how you get the last three Halo games. 

Like reach v7 was probably the best version of halo period.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yikes. NBNS is objectively only the 3rd/4th best Halo experience, depending on who you ask or if you're playing on LAN or not (I'd say 3rd best online, 4th best offline, because H3 was trash online but pretty damn good offline).

Also, the ZB DMR did have spread. That's a myth. The spread was restricted to the smaller circle as opposed to the larger circle after the patch. I noticed this literally day one of NBNS, but people to this day claim they still don't notice it, which is odd to me. Wasn't a massive deal or a game-changer, but it was definitely noticeable and caused me to miss shots I shouldn't have or the shot to register as a body shot even though I was dead on the person's head.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yikes. NBNS is objectively only the 3rd/4th best Halo experience, depending on who you ask or if you're playing on LAN or not (I'd say 3rd best online, 4th best offline, because H3 was trash online but pretty damn good offline).

Also, the ZB DMR did have spread. That's a myth. The spread was restricted to the smaller circle as opposed to the larger circle after the patch. I noticed this literally day one of NBNS, but people to this day claim they still don't notice it, which is odd to me. Wasn't a massive deal or a game-changer, but it was definitely noticeable and caused me to miss shots I shouldn't have or the shot to register as a body shot even though I was dead on the person's head.

the spread on the DMR definitely had an effect long range. within the RRR I don't think it made much of a difference but when you are hitting a guy outside RRR, it becomes RNG without being scoped in. Also i've missed headshots because of anti-bullet magnetism on teammates. 

hardway i don't think lockdown ball ever made it into the mlg playlist. or even past the testing stage. It definitely was only there for 1 iteration at most, and wasn't played at any event

hardway i don't think lockdown ball ever made it into the mlg playlist. or even past the testing stage. It definitely was only there for 1 iteration at most, and wasn't played at any event

It definitely was in the playlist, AND played on the circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It definitely was in the playlist, AND played on the circuit.

fuck.

i even googled "mlg lockdown" and none of the first results gave me an mlg tournament. just scrims. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It 100% was played in 09 before Heretic came out. I distinctly remember a tie and replay and Puckett wanting to die.

• Upvote (+1) 1