CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Slayer is a social game type that belongs in social playlists.

it's been a competitive halo gametype for ~14 years, they are never going to take it out

infection is a social gametype

you're right though, i guess since CoD doesn't use it we can't

btw calm down dude, you sound mad af

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, a TDM variant isn't a bad gamemode if there are ways to keep the play from stalling. The problem is, we haven't had many solid ways to stop that from happening in H5 and some other Halos.

it's been a competitive halo gametype for ~14 years, they are never going to take it out

infection is a social gametype

you're right though, i guess since CoD doesn't use it we can't

btw calm down dude, you sound mad af

No radar was how halo was played for 10+ years....until it was deemed an improvement in a certain game. So was Oddball. So was Koth. So was assault. Just because "hurr durr is always been here" doesn't mean we can't IMPROVE the game. What is slayer better than in a competive environment? Koth? CTF? Oddball? SH? Assault? If it's the worst gametype and the people playing the game at the highest level don't like it then yea I think it should be in the discussion for removal. Why is making the competive experience more competitive such a scary thought? And btw the point in mentioning CoD was that TDM is also their most popular playlist but that doesn't make them put it in the comp game.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

No radar was how halo was played for 10+ years....until it was deemed an improvement in a certain game.

i think people would rather have no sprint and no radar

What is slayer better than in a competive environment? Koth? CTF? Oddball? SH? Assault? 

this doesn't matter, it doesn't need to be "better" than any of those gametypes for it to have merit, especially considering we are already starved for gametypes in h5

If it's the worst gametype and the people playing the game at the highest level don't like it then yea I think it should be in the discussion for removal. 

this is news to me, why aren't pros vocal about it like breakout then? where are all the tweets?

Why is making the competive experience more competitive such a scary thought?

dude you can't even spell competitive, don't talk to me like an asshole

And btw the point in mentioning CoD was that TDM is also their most popular playlist but that doesn't make them put it in the comp game. 

CoD is a totally different game and TDM in CoD also plays totally different than slayer in halo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait Slayer is a social game type? Some of yall dudes man. There's more to the game than the 100 odd people that play it professionally. Their word isn't gospel.

Removing slayer from ranked or whatever competitive venue you're referring to is absolute nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i think people would rather have no sprint and no radar

this doesn't matter, it doesn't need to be "better" than any of those gametypes for it to have merit, especially considering we are already starved for gametypes in h5

this is news to me, why aren't pros vocal about it like breakout then? where are all the tweets?

dude you can't even spell competitive, don't talk to me like an asshole

CoD is a totally different game and TDM in CoD also plays totally different than slayer in halo

Yup a typo revokes my entire point. Damn. Good response. You and every other person defending slayer always just say "we need gametypes" or "it's always been there". You neve give reasons on WHY it's good. Why is it competitive? And you literally live and breathe pro opinions and shit how do you not know they don't like slayer? Literally every stream people complain about it. But yea it's always been there so I guess that's a good enough to reason to play it for millions of dollars. Good talk.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yup a typo revokes my entire point. Damn. Good response. You and every other person defending slayer always just say "we need gametypes" or "it's always been there". You neve give reasons on WHY it's good. Why is it competitive? And you literally live and breathe pro opinions and shit how do you not know they don't like slayer? Literally every stream people complain about it. But yea it's always been there so I guess that's a good enough to reason to play it for millions of dollars. Good talk.

"cod doesn't have it"

"it's not 'better' than ctf"

you need to control spawns, power weapons, and win gun fights

how isnt it competitive? 

"you can kill people in ctf though, we don't need slayer"

pros aren't freaking out about slayer like they did breakout, i haven't seen one single tweet about team slayer

have you ever considered slayer could be improved rather than abandoned?

Wait Slayer is a social game type? Some of yall dudes man. There's more to the game than the 100 odd people that play it professionally. Their word isn't gospel.

Removing slayer from ranked or whatever competitive venue you're referring to is absolute nonsense.

you clearly aren't a halo scientist 

"cod doesn't have it"

"it's not 'better' than ctf"

you need to control spawns, power weapons, and win gun fights

how isnt it competitive?

"you can kill people in ctf though, we don't need slayer"

pros aren't freaking out about slayer like they did breakout, i haven't seen one single tweet about team slayer

have you ever considered slayer could be improved rather than abandoned?

you clearly aren't a halo scientist

Slayer has been the weakest gametype since 4v4 halo became a thing. Everything you do in slayer you do in obj games along with actual obj.stop using the Cod argument that no one is making. The reason Cod was brought up was because it is also there not popular gametype but they don't use it. It was a direct reply to you saying that you can't just remove the most popular gametype. And wow pros aren't tweeting all their opinions oh man! How about watch them when they are in their normal environment talking to their friends? The complaints on slayer have been massive in this game. And it's not just pros homie tons of AMs have said the same thing. And even if they don't remove it they shouldn't have it twice in a Bo5. That's just plain stupid. But thanks again for providing solid reasons on what makes it earn a spot as a competing gametype.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Slayer has been the weakest gametype since 4v4 halo became a thing. 

how isn't it competitive? you avoided my question

Everything you do in slayer you do in obj games along with actual obj.

except earn points for kills

stop using the Cod argument that no one is making. The reason Cod was brought up was because it is also there not popular gametype but they don't use it.

vNRakdo.png

And wow pros aren't tweeting all their opinions oh man! How about watch them when they are in their normal environment talking to their friends? The complaints on slayer have been massive in this game. And it's not just pros homie tons of AMs have said the same thing

"i heard and saw some people complaining about it therefore every single person hates it, i'm mr logical btw"

And even if they don't remove it they shouldn't have it twice in a Bo5. That's just plain stupid.

duh

But thanks again for providing solid reasons on what makes it earn a spot as a competing gametype.

thanks for talking down to me and avoiding my questions

i find solace in knowing slayer isn't going anywhere lol

agreed btw, good talk, i'll be sure to reply to your posts in the future!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Convincing argument slayer is totally not the worst gametype haha competitive integrity doesn't matter haha woohoo slayer GUYS upvote if yo LOVE slayer xDxDxD haha slayer is quintessential competitive Halo haha!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Convincing argument slayer is totally not the worst gametype haha competitive integrity doesn't matter haha woohoo slayer GUYS upvote if yo LOVE slayer xDxDxD haha slayer is quintessential competitive Halo haha!

how isn't it competitive?

you still haven't answered my question

way to be a dick m8

how isn't it competitive?

you still haven't answered my question

way to be a dick m8

"every other gametype does the same thing and more" I meannnnnnnnn it's right there. Ask the ficking pros bro you literally obsessively follow them all just go ask them. It's not that hard.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"every other gametype does the same thing and more" I meannnnnnnnn it's right there. 

that doesn't make slayer not competitive

Ask the ficking pros bro you literally obsessively follow them all just go ask them. It's not that hard. 

lol! yer mad

sorry for being a relevant person in the esports industry and supporting the game you love (maybe?)

btw half the pros want sprint, so i guess sprint is okay

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't like how Slayer is considered this all-around gametype for maps. If there were maps specifically designed and used for Slayer only it might not be that bad. Either way, if it stays whatever if it doesn't whoopee. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of 4v4, the only maps to just use Slayer was Amplified and Penance (Pretty sure there is more, don't know). A thing to note is both of those maps were ass, it's certainly something worth looking into trying and improving upon IMO.

that doesn't make slayer not competitive

lol! yer mad

sorry for being a relevant person in the esports industry and supporting the game you love (maybe?)

btw half the pros want sprint, so i guess sprint is okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJyh7NIk4Pg

"relevant"

Get real opinions instead of videos where pros have admitted themsleves they were just trying to hype people up and keep people interested.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't like how Slayer is considered this all-around gametype for maps. If there were maps specifically designed and used for Slayer only it might not be that bad. Either way, if it stays whatever if it doesn't whoopee. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of 4v4, the only maps to just use Slayer was Amplified and Penance (Pretty sure there is more, don't know). A thing to note is both of those maps were ass, it's certainly something worth looking into trying and improving upon IMO.

Slayer should either be on specific maps AND not played so much in a series, or just be removed entirely. It shouldn't be played more than once in a Bo5 and it shouldn't be on so many maps (which is why it's so frequently played in MM).
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Slayer in H5 is absolute ass, but given that we're stuck with three gametypes we can't really remove it or we end up with H2A levels of variety.

Does anyone know if the next update with make Ball and Bomb competitively viable? 

Oddball has its own separate spawn system, and Bomb now has an explosive payload once you score.

I think it's entirely possible that we can get some variety.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The reason Cod was brought up was because it is also there not popular gametype but they don't use it.

TDM isn't used in CoD because it's completely unplayable at a core level. There's no power ups or power weapons to force movement, and the TTK is obviously much faster. In a 4v4, competitive environment, the best TDM strat there ever will be is to go up by a kill or two and then hide. When the enemy is looking for you, either go up more kills or just trade out kills until you win. Ask any Mapgen CoD players and they'll tell you the same. TS in Halo isn't inherently broke like TDM. I can understand the thinking behind someone personally not enjoying TS as much as objective gametypes, but that doesn't inherently make it un-competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

TDM isn't used in CoD because it's completely unplayable at a core level. There's no power ups or power weapons to force movement, and the TTK is obviously much faster. In a 4v4, competitive environment, the best TDM strat there ever will be is to go up by a kill or two and then hide. When the enemy is looking for you, either go up more kills or just trade out kills until you win. Ask any Mapgen CoD players and they'll tell you the same. TS in Halo isn't inherently broke like TDM.

I know the difference and I never said otherwise. But slayer is still the weakest gametype in comp halo and it's been this way for over a decade.

I honestly pity you.

i know, it sucks being respected for your contributions 

i hope you never have to carry this weight

• Upvote (+1) 3

i know, it sucks being respected for your contributions 

i hope you never have to carry this weight

You're the Greenskull of competitive Halo 5... Except Greenskull actually has an audience and has made money. Congratulations.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3