CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It kind of has to be. Honestly the only way to do this right is to basically start over.  I bet that's easier too.

I bet the code for the game is a tangled mess. I wish they would give a full detailed breakdown of what went wrong and how it's being fixed. Is there going to be a community update this week? I thought I saw something about more being talked about this week.

I bet the code for the game is a tangled mess. I wish they would give a full detailed breakdown of what went wrong and how it's being fixed. Is there going to be a community update this week? I thought I saw something about more being talked about this week.

Usually those come on thursdays so maybe today, but with the livestream who knows

I hope they bring back the 4v4 CE playlist with some actual decent gametypes in it.

I cant begin to describe the joy that would bring me, its so frustrating searching TS for the CE 4v4 fix.

I wonder if they'll have some sort of universal platform where we can constructively and concisely tell them about the current bugs, glitches, and issues.  At least the major ones.

So will the new MCC still work on the normal Xbox One? It confused me since they said that the new Xbox One X will make it easier to fix the game. Idk what any of this means lol.

Man I feel so bad for the people that suffered through this mess.Y'all are the real MVP's. The MCC was a blessing in disguise for people like me who finally realized how terrible of a company 343/M$ is and said "Enough.Never again."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeh the Halo 2 glitch where you receive losses for the other team quitting the game is infuriating. It mainly happens in doubles and often too because generally speaking most people on the game have far less experience on Halo 2 and its also a much more punishing game (bigger skill gap) so people start getting raped and just quit, like every damn time! Essentially, if your a Halo 2 player you get punished for being good haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Gametypes and playlist need to be reworked, I’ve already brought up a friends idea that would fix most of the playlist issues people have the game. Sorry for the repeat post but the idea is that

Currently the slots for each game works like this

Auto starts—BR starts—Objective (sometimes can be ar starts lol)

A simple change that would do wonders is

BR Slayer starts—Objective (BR)—Torument settings.

This way you can get rid of the team hardcore playlist, separating the H2/H3 players and bringing them back to their respective playlist. It would promote some much needed variety in the h2/h3 hoppers and it would have people who are nervous try the tournament settings in a much less hostile environment. Hell you could even put team throw down in the H4 playlist and the HCS settings in the H2A playlist.

Most importantly it will get rid of AR/SMG starts that's been plaguing halo for over a decade.

I absolutely love this idea.

What really sinks this entire announcement in for me... Is that I was 23 years old when this game released.. I will be damn near 27 years old when the game is (potentially) in a passable state...

Jesus Christ...

You’re telling me that seeing this game go back to full price as a 3+ year collection doesn’t grind your gears in the slightest?

But yeah, that’s jarring.

You’re telling me that seeing this game go back to full price as a 3+ year collection doesn’t grind your gears in the slightest?

If this is true, then I don't what to say about that. It's good that we're able to play online without a Gold subscription, but setting the price back to its inital price when it was still new? C'mon, man.

BR Slayer starts—Objective (BR)—Torument settings.

I agree with everything you said except having MLG and non MLG in the same playlist. MLG people will not want to play stock settings and vice versa, especially on Halo 3. Thats consolidating playlists too far, IMO. Not to mention the skill gap between the two variants is extremely high. Having MLG players searching the same playlist as non MLG players will not go well. Dodging would be at an all time and its too late in MCCs life to enact tough enough dodge penalties to stop it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Source?

I get the vibe he's talking about making additional accounts that don't require Gold. If you have a gold account on your xbox than all your accounts are able to play online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What really sinks this entire announcement in for me... Is that I was 23 years old when this game released.. I will be damn near 27 years old when the game is (potentially) in a passable state...

Jesus Christ...

I was in my mid 20's and I'll be 30 by the time it's decent. That's kind of depressing when I stop and think about it.

I agree with everything you said except having MLG and non MLG in the same playlist. MLG people will not want to play stock settings and vice versa, especially on Halo 3. Thats consolidating playlists too far, IMO. Not to mention the skill gap between the two variants is extremely high. Having MLG players searching the same playlist as non MLG players will not go well. Dodging would be at an all time and its too late in MCCs life to enact tough enough dodge penalties to stop it.

I’ve wrestled with this thought process for a while. I can’t say it’s a absolute fact but I’m fairly sure that the current team hardcore playlist has the largest amount of quitters and people backing out then any playlist. If you want to test this go online now and win a H2 vote, and watch everyone dashboard immediately. It happens almost every time..

What would you suggest because currently the playlist is a mess and unplayable for H2 players. Do you want separate hardcore playlist for each game? The population would be none existent. I’m up for any reasonable solution.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’ve wrestled with this thought process for a while. I can’t say it’s a absolute fact but I’m fairly sure that the current team hardcore playlist has the largest amount of quitters and people backing out then any playlist. If you want to test this go online now and win a H2 vote, and watch everyone dashboard immediately. It happens almost every time..

What would you suggest because currently the playlist is a mess and unplayable for H2 players. Do you want separate hardcore playlist for each game? The population would be none existent. I’m up for any reasonable solution.

get rid of map voting.  institute quit penalties. add game selection checklist as a search option.

• Upvote (+1) 5

get rid of map voting. institute quit penalties. add game selection checklist as a search option.

I’m down for this if they can program it. The only problem left is how can we play that spicy

I’m down for this if they can program it. The only problem left is how can we play that spicy H4 team throw down?

Just gonna repost this:

I would have handled it like this:

Ranked:

• Every game gets it's own premier ranked playlist. This is where the actual competition happens: CE 2v2, H2 Hardcore, H2A 4v4 with former HCS settings, H3 MLG, H4 Team Throwdown (not sure if this one is necessary)
  • Cross game: FFA, Doubles, Team Slayer, SWAT, Team Snipers

Social: (all cross-game)

• BTB
  • Social Slayer
  • Team Skirmish
  • Multi Team
  • Action Sack

And then add filters for all the cross-game playlists. Just like the MM preferences you tick the boxes to allow which game you want to play (imagine CE, H2, H2A, H3 and H4 instead of good connection, language and skill):

jo475f7a8t7z.jpg

This way we could have:

• Kept the total amount of playlist as low as possible (still too many probably)
  • Make sure everyone only plays what they actually want to play and significantly reduce the prevalance of QTB and quitting as soon as the game starts.

Also: get rid of AR/SMG start gametypes as much as possible, add the H3 XP system to give an incentive to win and further reduce quitting, add double XP weekends and make dodging count as a loss. I strongly believe this could be done in two weeks with a team of good people and would make the game at least 10x more enjoyable.

Fixes pretty much all the issues I have with MCC's matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeh the Halo 2 glitch where you receive losses for the other team quitting the game is infuriating. It mainly happens in doubles and often too because generally speaking most people on the game have far less experience on Halo 2 and its also a much more punishing game (bigger skill gap) so people start getting raped and just quit, like every damn time! Essentially, if your a Halo 2 player you get punished for being good haha

Took the exact words right out of my mouth.  This basically makes Team Doubles unplayable for someone like me :(

Good solutions here. Can we all push for the removal of smg/ar starts or at least move them to action sack.

Edit: I still think that’s a little too many playlist Basu. Some tough cuts are needed at this point to tighten up search times. I agree that set up is how the game should have been at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anyone else feel like Team Slayer should just take on Obj gametypes and be the social 4v4 generic settings playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone else feel like Team Slayer should just take on Obj gametypes and be the social 4v4 generic settings playlist?

I don't think Team Slayer in any Halo game should be messed with. It's consistently the most popular and played playlist. Casuals want to play slayer and slayer only.