CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

343 hates real Halo fans. They like little kids who want to but Halo leggo toys. Thats is their market. Not real Halo fans.

Upvoted despite spelling/punctuation. ;-)

P.S. Mega Bloks is the one that makes Halo toys, not Lego.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know what the map distribution percentage in Team Slayer is supposed to be? I would estimate for the Halo 3 portion that I see Isolation, Assembly, Ghost Town, and Epitaph 5 times more than The Pit, Construct, Narrows, and Guardian.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know what the map distribution percentage in Team Slayer is supposed to be? I would estimate for the Halo 3 portion that I see Isolation, Assembly, Ghost Town, and Epitaph 5 times more than The Pit, Construct, Narrows, and Guardian.

"Fan favourite game types"
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Its been like that since day 1. I'm convinced its a bug or someone accidentally put it that way and they haven't been arsed to fix it.

It's not the same game. I prefer H2.

H1 mcc i s far more accurate than h2. H2 doesnt even feel the same. (Well it's the vista version but still)
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Anyone that knows Halo 1 AND Halo 2 on lan knows H1 is a worse representation of its original on MCC than Halo 2. Its not even close. The fact that theres no lead in MCC is a bigger gameplay difference than anything wrong with Halo 2 MCC.

can confirm. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

..so whether it's the original game on Xbox 360, back-compat on Xbox One, or the enhanced version in MCC, there's no shortage of ways to scratch your Halo 3 nostalgic itch.

L M A O

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H1 mcc i s far more accurate than h2. H2 doesnt even feel the same. (Well it's the vista version but still)

I know the registration sucks, the spawns are different, and button glitches are harder to execute because of 60fps but god fucking bless. 

halo ce:

nades go through the floor

no lead on the pistol or sniper. This changes so so much. The simplest one is that you can't peak shoot since the kill time is .6s on server side instead of the .6s+travel time. On console you can peak and jump back before the pistol shot can even get to you. It does not work on mcc. 

sniper aim assist and magnetism is roughly 3x stronger than the original (this and no lead (on the pistol too) make maps like hangem and derelict play so much worse because open fields are a death trap no matter the distance). 

The sound bubble (the distance you can hear sound) is over 2x bigger making maps play worse since you can hear people when you really shouldnt be able to. 

The plasma rifle doesnt even stun in Matchmaking making the gun useless.

Camo doesn't work if you pick it up during the 5seconds a previous camo wears off.

More often than not you are camo with your name above your head.

Random glitches where the PR and AR don't even damage camo guy. 

Your model and actions are client side (mcc+pc) instead of server side (console). This means your screen does not always match what is exactly happening. This makes rockets look like they hit when they were slightly off, makes grenade jumping really hard since you have to time it off memory of console instead of reacting to the sound/sight of the nade. 

Those are just the major differences. 

Like on ce MCC, people contest camo/snipe more than rockets because camo snipe (snipe is super easy to get in ce, up every 30s) is way more deadly than someone running around with rockets. Especially since you can hear rocket guy moving around. Meanwhile you can just sit camo sniped and most likely kill him with a headshot since its so easy. Oh and ofc rockets are even weaker with latency because they don't have...Netcode associated with them? B creek, pris, chilly, priz, hangem, and dammy have a different meta than on console. What halo 2 map plays differently than console? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

sniper aim assist and magnetism is roughly 3x stronger than the original (this and no lead (on the pistol too) make maps like hangem and derelict play so much worse because

I fucking knew it. I'm an average player, but I destroy in CE when I pick up the sniper on dere, much like H5's sniper. Thanks 343. MCC pretty much goes H4 > H3 > H2 > CE in terms of playability, what a surprise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

..so whether it's the original game on Xbox 360, back-compat on Xbox One, or the enhanced version in MCC, there's no shortage of ways to scratch your Halo 3 nostalgic itch.

L M A O

giphy.gif

I fucking knew it. I'm an average player, but I destroy in CE when I pick up the sniper on dere, much like H5's sniper. Thanks 343. MCC pretty much goes H4 > H3 > H2 > CE in terms of playability, what a surprise.

Honestly, I would still rather play broken garbage CE than MCC H3 where you literally have to lead at point blank range. H3 may be technically less broken, in that it has fewer game-breaking bugs, but it doesn't have enough going for it in the MCC presentation to in any way make up for the bugs it does have.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I would still rather play broken garbage CE than MCC H3 where you literally have to lead at point blank range. H3 may be technically less broken, in that it has fewer game-breaking bugs, but it doesn't have enough going for it in the MCC presentation to in any way make up for the bugs it does have.

I don't find H3 on MCC to be much worse than H3 360, the game just has terrible hit reg all around. H2 also has shitty hit reg on MCC plus the broken vista spawns. And CE is the most broken, but I agree I'd rather play broken CE than working H3 haha. Unless it's BTB, fuck CE BTB with the infinite time limit and the Battlefield sized maps.

I don't find H3 on MCC to be much worse than H3 360, the game just has terrible hit reg all around. H2 also has shitty hit reg on MCC plus the broken vista spawns. And CE is the most broken, but I agree I'd rather play broken CE than working H3 haha. Unless it's BTB, fuck CE BTB with the infinite time limit and the Battlefield sized maps.

It's possible to make CE BTB fun, but those settings don't exist in MM.

BG/SW 1 Flag Assault (you bring the flag into their base) without touch return is a good time.

BG/SW CTF without touch return, played to 1 cap is fun.

Hang Em High CTF to 1 cap, if Blue caps you switch sides and play again, and the new Blue team has to beat their time. If Red caps they win outright. That's fun as fuck but you can only do it on LAN or in customs.

Hang Em KotH is a pretty fun BTB gametype too.

It's just with the map pool being so small, you're options are super limited.  Even if you have the PC maps like Timberland (GOAT BTB map), CTF is a brutal grind unless you play to 1 cap, no touch return. Then it's actually pretty intense and fun.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I mostly agree with you. I'm just saying H3 + slow motion bullets (on top of the already spotty hit reg) - the social experience that made that game what it was = waste of time. The CE port just has way more good to ruin. Oh, and MCC H3 aiming is an unholy abomination.

And BTB was never good.  :walshy: 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's possible to make CE BTB fun, but those settings don't exist in MM.

BG/SW 1 Flag Assault (you bring the flag into their base) without touch return is a good time.

BG/SW CTF without touch return, played to 1 cap is fun.

Hang Em High CTF to 1 cap, if Blue caps you switch sides and play again, and the new Blue team has to beat their time. If Red caps they win outright. That's fun as fuck but you can only do it on LAN or in customs.

Hang Em KotH is a pretty fun BTB gametype too.

It's just with the map pool being so small, you're options are super limited.  Even if you have the PC maps like Timberland (GOAT BTB map), CTF is a brutal grind unless you play to 1 cap, no touch return. Then it's actually pretty intense and fun.

The only good maps in MM are ctf timberlands and sidewinder. 

Everything else is bad or its 50 kills so it ends before i can even get 10 kills

Who has a shit ton of good CE/H2 clips but has no idea how to make a montage?

Help me help you. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who has a shit ton of good CE/H2 clips but has no idea how to make a montage?

Help me help you.

"Bp Smok3". He was trying to find someone to make a montage of his clips.

PC maps like Timberland (GOAT BTB map)

Can we talk about how great this map is? For real.

I was a fan of Sidewinder, but Timberland just complements that CE BTB game so well. It really captures how well the CE sandbox works even if it has a few snipers, shotguns, camos, tanks, rockets, fuel rod guns, and an OS.

Also a fan of Infinity, but that's not a common opinion apparently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we talk about how great this map is? For real.

I was a fan of Sidewinder, but Timberland just complements that CE BTB game so well. It really captures how well the CE sandbox works even if it has a few snipers, shotguns, camos, tanks, rockets, fuel rod guns, and an OS.

Also a fan of Infinity, but that's not a common opinion apparently.

I have had precious few chances to play it :(

I did however play the unholy fuck out of anniversary BTB in Reach, and I vividly remember watching a BTB tournament match of 1 Flag Assault on Timberland back in like 2004 and I fell in love.

• Upvote (+1) 2