CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 3 crybabies currently control every cross game playlist unfortunately.

It makes me want to cry everytime when you have a selection of team BRs H2 on Lockout, AR starts team slayer H3 on snowbound and almighty classic TS on Prisoner and 4 people vote H3.  Id be happy enough with H2 as long as its BRs.

I have started to vote tactically, anything but AR starts team slayer

Was playing today with @@CyReN

It's really weird how often H1 gets chosen in TS these days. Like kids have wised up. 

Its glorious, i got 5 games of CE in a row last weekend!

I often get CE in Team Slayer, although thanks to 343s awesome map weighing it's usually Wizard or Rat Race. BTB is full on H3 kid city though. AR start KoTH on Valhalla? Sounds great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I often get CE in Team Slayer, although thanks to 343s awesome map weighing it's usually Wizard or Rat Race. BTB is full on H3 kid city though. AR start KoTH on Valhalla? Sounds great.

Prisoner and chill out seem to be most common for me (pretty much my 2 fav maps so no complaints tbh)

I have played BTB maybe 5 or 6 times and got AR starts H3 every time.  I dont go anywhere near that playlist these days.

AR start KoTH on Valhalla? Sounds great.

It's funny how 343 removed H3 BTB assault game types because they were AR start, but left in the KoTH, which is a double whammy with AR starts and random spawns. On top of that, 343 stated that they were going to reintroduce H3 BTB assault game types with BR start, but never did so. This was like 2 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They don't even read the options before voting, they just auto pick H3.  I can't play that game on vanilla settings, too slow and coin flippy. 

You know what?

I actually miss Reach. It was the last Halo game to have the "character" that defined Halo, even if it was a broken, bloom filled mess for a while.

That's another thing: I really miss the character Halo used to have, where the enemies were imposing and awesome to fight, the environments felt right between a nice blend of realism and sci fi, and the weapons felt different (I don't even know how to describe it. Maybe it's the models, the sounds, where they are on the screen or something, but Halo 4 and 5 just don't feel right to me). I understand intellectually that 343's Halo is broken on many levels for what it has in its gameplay elements, but this is something more... fundamental. Because even Reach was a broken mess, and I still remembering it having more character than this new Halo shit.

I don't really know what it is. But I miss it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's funny how 343 removed H3 BTB assault game types because they were AR start, but left in the KoTH, which is a double whammy with AR starts and random spawns. On top of that, 343 stated that they were going to reintroduce H3 BTB assault game types with BR start, but never did so. This was like 2 years ago.

That sounds 100% like something 343 would do. Just like when the Prisoner remake had a faulty spawn zone across all gamemodes (this is why everyone spawned in the same corner in FFA) and it took them more than 6 months to fix it. Or when MCC and H4 ranks would come "soon after launch" or when "BTB will definitely have full developer support in halo 5". This company is built on a foundation of lies and it started from day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still can't believe how they treated all the core Halo fans who bought an XB1 just for this collection. They just completely abandoned the project. What's funny is there's probably many loyal fans out there who would help fix MCC for free if they were given the opportunity.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I still can't believe how they treated all the core Halo fans who bought an XB1 just for this collection. They just completely abandoned the project. What's funny is there's probably many loyal fans out there who would help fix MCC for free if they were given the opportunity.

Yeah this broken game is the biggest middle finger i've seen.

One of reasons why i don't like Phil Spencer & 343 that much.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Fast approaching 3 years  :mj:

Something as simple as a playlist update/refresh and a bit of advertisement that they have updated it would help the population. Any trade-in game store has MCC for cheap. 

In it's current state I feel its worth paying pay £15/£20 for but of course it's much too late at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fast approaching 3 years :mj:

Something as simple as a playlist update/refresh and a bit of advertisement that they have updated it would help the population. Any trade-in game store has MCC for cheap.

In it's current state I feel its worth paying pay £15/£20 for but of course it's much too late at this point.

It's infuriating because a few minor tweaks could make this game much more enjoyable and fair.

I wish they'd make it so dashboarding counts as a loss (or two losses), that way players will stop dodging and ranks would actually mean something.

I wish they'd update the Doubles playlist so that H3 objective gametypes are BR start. Any match with AR starts is a coin flip and not fun, but that's what the "high rank" players always choose so they can get cheap wins.

They still need to take SMG starts out of the H2 Classic playlist. A surprising amount of morons still vote for it.

Make Team Snipers ranked.

Just these few changes would be amazing. But it will never happen..

• Upvote (+1) 6

It really is a complete joke and embarrassment for both M$ and 343i. I am still amazed that game companies are allowed to get away with releasing broken/incomplete products to consumers. Could you imagine if an auto manufacturer released a vehicle with a comparable amount of problems that MCC had/has? That company would be slammed by a class action lawsuit, and be pushed into bankruptcy in a blink of an eye.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know so many people (including myself) that took time off work to play this game. It still pisses me of til this day that they knowingly released that game in that state, knowing all the issues. 

And once again, yes, there are a TON of us that would love to work on it. We've been saying it for some years now:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-2541?do=findComment&comment=778096

Give me a team of like 6 diehard Halo fans who love development/programming like I do. We'd have the game playable and polished in two weeks, maximum. I couldn't care any less about the money.

Safe to assume they never bothered to contact you?

Safe to assume they never bothered to contact you?

Oh of course not bro lol. I wasn't the only one to have posts like this either. There were a few Reddit threads that I'd have to go back and find that were pretty popular proposing the same thing. There are a large amount of us willing to do any amount of work for absolutely no money. I honestly just wanted them to reply to me. Yes, there are some jobs on microsofts web page and I had considered applying for them but I'm not interested in working on Halo 5, Halo spin-offs, possibly Halo 6, etc. If I wanted to work on Halo, I want to work on MCC where I know I can be of significant use. Not on a Halo where I'm not going to have any say so or interest in developing/playing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know so many people (including myself) that took time off work to play this game. It still pisses me of til this day that they knowingly released that game in that state, knowing all the issues.

And once again, yes, there are a TON of us that would love to work on it. We've been saying it for some years now:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-2541?do=findComment&comment=778096

Give me a team of like 6 diehard Halo fans who love development/programming like I do. We'd have the game playable and polished in two weeks, maximum. I couldn't care any less about the money.

I read that post of yours and you obviously know way more than me regarding game deleopment and coding, but two weeks? Really? I would love for that to be true but with how much of a mess it is I just can't picture that being possible for anyone to fix.

All I know is that I heard through the grapevine that someone who has done an immense amount of work on Halo CE NHE also helped 343 fix some of the CE bugs at launch and he turned down a paid position to help. It was never going to be a long term job so he opted not to toss aside his career to do it but from what I heard is that there was a massive amount of work just for CE let alone the rest.

It seems like one "fix" breaks three things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Ninja's stream Destiny 2 today, I saw a good amount of Three shot kills with the Magnum. Maybe Bungie is finally learning from their best game. The streamers love it too, something about that three shot kill is so satisfying. Sad seeing a feature that hasn't been in Halo seriously since CE being implemented in Destiny before Halo. 

Since the Magnum's are hit-scan though, they do seem almost too easy with a mouse. 

I read that post of yours and you obviously know way more than me regarding game deleopment and coding, but two weeks? Really? I would love for that to be true but with how much of a mess it is I just can't picture that being possible for anyone to fix.

All I know is that I heard through the grapevine that someone who has done an immense amount of work on Halo CE NHE also helped 343 fix some of the CE bugs at launch and he turned down a paid position to help. It was never going to be a long term job so he opted not to toss aside his career to do it but from what I heard is that there was a massive amount of work just for CE let alone the rest.

For it to actually be in a playable state, I would definitely say two weeks with seven different people like myself that would be neck deep in code fixing things is more than enough time. To fix everything, absolutely not. Would probably take a few months to fix everything in the game, but you'd be surprised the amount of development you can get done in two weeks if people actually did their work. 

For it to actually be in a playable state, I would definitely say two weeks with seven different people like myself that would be neck deep in code fixing things is more than enough time. To fix everything, absolutely not. Would probably take a few months to fix everything in the game, but you'd be surprised the amount of development you can get done in two weeks if people actually did their work.

What ideal changes would you make to get it to that state? I'd say halo CE on MCC is in a playable condition but is trash compared to the actual game. I know a lot less about any of the other playlists though.

The thing is, MCC feels like it is broken on a fundamental level, like it isn't just a matter of fixing gameplay bugs, swapping assets, and tweaking network code. EVERYTHING feels off in some way. Methinks the project was mishandled from the start, and even delaying the launch wouldn't have helped much.

And looking at how the Xbone's UI still feels unintuitive going on four years from launch gives me the feeling that the mismanagement extends higher up than 343...

Same reason why Halo 5 can't have LAN. MCC was designed for online only same as Halo 5. It's Microsofts decision that ultimately effected everything, not 343. 

There is just way too much work to be done and not enough man hours or money to support it. It is what it is... we can only try to enjoy what we have, quit the build & pray for the future.

It really is a complete joke and embarrassment for both M$ and 343i. I am still amazed that game companies are allowed to get away with releasing broken/incomplete products to consumers. Could you imagine if an auto manufacturer released a vehicle with a comparable amount of problems that MCC had/has? That company would be slammed by a class action lawsuit, and be pushed into bankruptcy in a blink of an eye.

Yeah the launch was a complete train wreck, but that's something I can sort of understand. Crazy mishap, whatever. What I can't handle is the fact that they just stopped fixing it. Even if they had only two people working on MCC, it would at least be something. But nope. They abandoned it. Just goes to show there's no sense of integrity up at 343soft.

• Upvote (+1) 1