CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Why do people want an explanation from Frankie so bad? I'd imagine it'd just be a long wall of confusing terms related to coding topped off with a "we were far too ambitious" spiel. Nothing he could say will fix MCC or make me any less bitter about it. Save your explanation and just fix the damn game.

its the principle

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys!

Long time lurker but I made an account because I've ran into a problem with this game recently.

The other night I got a temp ban for quitting after lagging out of 1 match, then completing about 7 at which point I received the ban.

Fired up the game tonight and played one game (which I completed) got a temp ban for quitting right off the bat.  Is this a known problem (sorry 2000 pages is too much for my lazy ass to scroll through)  or WTF is going on? 

So based off what I have said from the beginning - 343/Microsoft has actually put gag orders on their employees.

Its gotta be true if even Frankie pretty much isnt allowed to give a full explanation or even speak to the future of the game. 

Shit is f'n embarrassing for Halo, cant believe they are even being allowed to touch H6 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why do people want an explanation from Frankie so bad? I'd imagine it'd just be a long wall of confusing terms related to coding topped off with a "we were far too ambitious" spiel. Nothing he could say will fix MCC or make me any less bitter about it. Save your explanation and just fix the damn game.

I don't believe MCC will ever be fixed because no one at 343 knows how to fix it.  They've said before that when they go to fix one bug, several other issues would always arise.  I'm honestly surprised the MCC is actually in the working state that it's currently in.  But if they just made it open sourced for the community, I'm sure we could fix the entire collection in a week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this rate, we'll get an explanation from Frankie 10 years after he's retired in some random ViDoc.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So they're still sticking with the "MCC worked fine before launch" thing?

To me that sounds more like "Hey we never actually tested this game before release, but at the time, we had no reason to think it wouldn't work".

Hey guys!

Long time lurker but I made an account because I've ran into a problem with this game recently.

The other night I got a temp ban for quitting after lagging out of 1 match, then completing about 7 at which point I received the ban.

Fired up the game tonight and played one game (which I completed) got a temp ban for quitting right off the bat.  Is this a known problem (sorry 2000 pages is too much for my lazy ass to scroll through)  or WTF is going on? 

Sounds pretty unusual to me.  You usually only get temp banned if you actually are quitting or dodging games in matchmaking frequently.  If the problem persists, I would uninstall and reinstall the entire game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360292

As usual, the only person talking sense in that thread is HTupolev. Everyone else is just harping on about the semantics of "what is a scam?".

Hey, if anyone here has a GAF account, any chance you can post a link to my summary (unless they have some rule about reddit links)?

I made an account but I don't have permission to post anything yet.  It says "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."

Not surprised Gabriel is the best H3 player now by far.

Is he really now?  

So based off what I have said from the beginning - 343/Microsoft has actually put gag orders on their employees.

Its gotta be true if even Frankie pretty much isnt allowed to give a full explanation or even speak to the future of the game. 

Shit is f'n embarrassing for Halo, cant believe they are even being allowed to touch H6 

After everything that has happened between HCEA, H4, MCC, and H5, I truthfully just cannot comprehend how anyone at 343i is still employed by Microsoft.  What other industry or profession do you know of where you can completely blow 3-4 big projects and still keep your job?

At this rate, we'll get an explanation from Frankie 10 years after he's retired in some random ViDoc.

Will an explanation really solve anything though?  All people who bought MCC want is their money back or just a working version of what was promised in 2014.  

Will an explanation really solve anything though?  All people who bought MCC want is their money back or just a working version of what was promised in 2014.  

It wouldn't solve anything for me since I've accepted that it will most likely never get fixed, but it would be nice to know the real reasons why it happened so we don't have to keep assuming what happened. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It wouldn't solve anything for me since I've accepted that it will most likely never get fixed, but it would be nice to know the real reasons why it happened so we don't have to keep assuming what happened. 

I think we can piece together the answer well enough.  The MCC disaster happened because too many aspects of the game were outsourced to different companies.  Thus it became 343i's job to complete the collection by adding in all the parts.  Unfortunately they were inexperienced as a gaming developer studio to handle such a task, thus the MCC was released as a broken product.  We have heard from multiple sources at 343i that whenever they tired to fix one bug or issue, several other mechanics and aspects of the game would fall apart.  Keep in mind this was after release, they had no idea that the game did not work at all beforehand because no testing was done on MCC before release.  Which is still just mind-boggling to me.  However this is a common practice in today's video game industry; release a rushed, unfinished product that you can hopefully fix or mediate post release through patches, updates and DLC.  Things are this way because gamers allowed it to be as such.  If people just spoke with their wallets and didn't buy H5, 343i might have finally be held responsible for basically scamming us out of our money and ruining Halo's reputation.  And of course, no one at 343 is allowed to say too much about MCC, because if they were open and honest about the whole thing, the public and the community would turn on them ever more.  It was Microsoft's plan to sweep this whole fiasco under the rug and have the entire studio 100% focused and dedicated to increasing the profitability of H5.  That's why you don't hear a word on these forums from any community facing people at 343i.  The complete lack of empathy and accountability from these people is sickening.  And it's truthfully just embarrassing and makes me sad to be a fan of classic Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just found two of the oldest videos on YouTube.

Headphone users, you've been warned:

Party chat can go f*** itself. :D

Dude these two videos were LITERALLY one of the reasons I really got into Halo.. Good god I shed an unimaginable amount of tears because of these two videos!  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I made an account but I don't have permission to post anything yet.  It says "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."

Good luck with that. It usually takes many months to get approved on NeoGAF, not to mention you need to use an ISP, educational, or workplace email. This is why I asked if anyone HAS an account, not if they can sign up for one.

I originally tried signing up with an uncommon free email, got rejected after 6 months of waiting, then called them elitist for not making their rules on the matter clear. They've since clarified the rules, but now I can't get in even with my ISP email.

Good luck with that. It usually takes many months to get approved on NeoGAF, not to mention you need to use an ISP, educational, or workplace email. This is why I asked if anyone HAS an account, not if they can sign up for one.

I originally tried signing up with an uncommon free email, got rejected after 6 months of waiting, then called them elitist for not making their rules on the matter clear. They've since clarified the rules, but now I can't get in even with my ISP email.

Would it work to just setup your own e-mail server and then signup?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233949227&postcount=529

I posted your summary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I saw that so I used my old .edu email address. Hopefully it gets approved soon. Lol

Wait what? It's that serious to get on neogaf?

They need to go somewhere with that it's a video game forum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope you guys get a chance to tune into our H1 LAN in Colorado today. We have some top players here, and we'd be grateful for your support. I'll be casting most of it (if I'm not playing), and I've had a co caster for a lot of series as well.

www.twitch.tv/beachlan

• Upvote (+1) 6

I started using party chat again on-console and I was reminded of the great MCC bug which somehow breaks an OS-level feature after a game ends.

How in the shit did MCC reach a point where it was capable of completely disabling party chat until I do a hard reset.

• Upvote (+1) 2