CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think its more of a H3 thing to be honest. MCC is infested with people who would vote ar slayer narrows over brs midship in a heart beat. Its sad that people prefer H3 but to be honest its a much more forgiving game. Uninitiated players get absolutely destroyed in H1 so I can see why they would pick the more casual game. I'm just asking 343 to at least make this game playable for those who get stuck with slayer on fucking "smashed".. 

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its up to you really but i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand.

Played h5 this afternoon.

Disappointed? Sure

Surprised? Not a chance in hell

Too floaty. Marshmallow physics. Not fun. Tainted by memories of MCC.

Their motivation for sabotaging Halo's legacy is more apparent. That's that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think its more of a H3 thing to be honest. MCC is infested with people who would vote ar slayer narrows over brs midship in a heart beat. Its sad that people prefer H3 but to be honest its a much more forgiving game. Uninitiated players get absolutely destroyed in H2 so I can see why they would pick the more casual game. I'm just asking 343 to at least make this game playable for those who get stuck with slayer on fucking "smashed".. 

I don't know so much that it has to do with the skill gap difference between the two, because honestly it's harder to shoot in H3 anyway. I think it's a familiarity issue. Lots of people that play MCC started with H3, and they've been completely unwilling to learn H2, especially when they're getting BXR'd every game.

It sucks, and I wish people would just learn other Halo games and take their lumps until they can hang, but they won't. They're gonna vote for "their game", come hell or high water.  That's why mixed playlists are stupid. I'd rather each game had their own playlists that had 3 options, a tournament option, a BR starts option, and an AR starts option.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know so much that it has to do with the skill gap difference between the two, because honestly it's harder to shoot in H3 anyway. I think it's a familiarity issue. Lots of people that play MCC started with H3, and they've been completely unwilling to learn H2, especially when they're getting BXR'd every game.

It sucks, and I wish people would just learn other Halo games and take their lumps until they can hang, but they won't. They're gonna vote for "their game", come hell or high water. That's why mixed playlists are stupid. I'd rather each game had their own playlists that had 3 options, a tournament option, a BR starts option, and an AR starts option.

I dont think I've seen any other gaming franchise have such a segmentated and segregated community like Halo does. There isnt one universal game nor one universal playform for fans to play or compete on. Each installment of Halo has it's own fanbase that solely play that game. From H1-H5, combine all the remakes, Anniversary editions, PC ports, modded versions, and whatnot and you have a community that is simply too divided to do anything special. That's the reason why we have never had a strong influencing voice on how these games are made. It's also the reason we have literally no grassroots scene. Halo kids can be spoiled that require everything to be handed to them based on the lulls of the first 2 games of the franchise. It's sad to see what we have become...

My Main complaint for each Halo:

Halo's I like:

Halo 1: Jump delay.

Halo 2: Visibility. Some maps are too dark, and grenades make it impossible to see.

Halo 3: Random BR spread.

Halo's I don't like:

Halo: Reach: Sprint

Halo 4: Sprint

Halo 5: Sprint

Halo 6: Sprint

Halo 7: Sprint

Halo 8: Sprint

Halo 9: Sprint

Halo 10: Sprint

Really puts things in perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It sucks, and I wish people would just learn other Halo games and take their lumps until they can hang, but they won't.

I really don't think that's possible, not enough people playing the game so only the hardcore are playing H2 and they're not willing to teach. At least for the majority I think.

That is funny- you just admitted you're clueless when it comes both Halo AND politics.

You can go ahead and sound as dumb fuck as you want. But you better get used to saying president Trump.

Trump train has no brakes.

Hell if he owned 343 he would make Halo great again, fix MCC, and fire the crew responsible for what came out two years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I dont think I've seen any other gaming franchise have such a segmentated and segregated community like Halo does. There isnt one universal game nor one universal playform for fans to play or compete on. Each installment of Halo has it's own fanbase that solely play that game. From H1-H5, combine all the remakes, Anniversary editions, PC ports, modded versions, and whatnot and you have a community that is simply too divided to do anything special. That's the reason why we have never had a strong influencing voice on how these games are made. It's also the reason we have literally no grassroots scene. Halo kids can be spoiled that require everything to be handed to them based on the lulls of the first 2 games of the franchise. It's sad to see what we have become...

This is mostly a consequence of Bungie and 343 feeling the need to reinvent the wheel with every new installment. No other gaming franchise that I know wastes so many resources on change for the sake of change every three years. There are at lest three different kinds of shooters just within the mainline games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is mostly a consequence of Bungie and 343 feeling the need to reinvent the wheel with every new installment. No other gaming franchise that I know wastes so many resources on change for the sake of change every three years. There are at lest three different kinds of shooters just within the mainline games.

That argument makes no sense. Things change. That's fine.

It's just that - regarding this franchise - they haven't exactly changed for the better.

• Downvote (-1) 5

It sucks, and I wish people would just learn other Halo games and take their lumps until they can hang, but they won't. They're gonna vote for "their game", come hell or high water. That's why mixed playlists are stupid. I'd rather each game had their own playlists that had 3 options, a tournament option, a BR starts option, and an AR starts option.

I started with h2 and will vite h3 over h2 everytime, this argument needs to die. I dont like playing h2 (even tho it was thè game i was most excitrd for) because hitscan is crap, I'm too used to leading shots in 3/1, i cant go back, it's not satisfying to shoot in thè game At all. The melee in thè game is a joke, it's not an mcc thing- ghost melees would happen all the time in the original as well.

Y'all need to realise you're biased as fuck Cos you've obviously put a lot of time into the game and you'll obviously prefer to play a game you do well in. It's the same reason I prefer h1 but will still play 3 a good majority of the time on mcc. Again, before anyone tries twist my words; loved h2,was very dissapointed upon playing it again in mcc (I know the differences between og/mcc before anyone says that), don't find it fun to play nearly as much as the other games. This idea that people vetoing h2 Cos they're bad is silly. What is this, waypoint?.

I just want to let everybody know that the Xbox Uservoice is back up and it has over 600 votes. I really hope that Microsoft takes this seriously and forces 343 to fix the remaining bugs/issues that are plaguing the MCC.

I started with h2 and will vite h3 over h2 everytime, this argument needs to die. I dont like playing h2 (even tho it was thè game i was most excitrd for) because hitscan is crap, I'm too used to leading shots in 3/1, i cant go back, it's not satisfying to shoot in thè game At all. The melee in thè game is a joke, it's not an mcc thing- ghost melees would happen all the time in the original as well.

Y'all need to realise you're biased as fuck Cos you've obviously put a lot of time into the game and you'll obviously prefer to play a game you do well in. It's the same reason I prefer h1 but will still play 3 a good majority of the time on mcc. Again, before anyone tries twist my words; loved h2,was very dissapointed upon playing it again in mcc (I know the differences between og/mcc before anyone says that), don't find it fun to play nearly as much as the other games. This idea that people vetoing h2 Cos they're bad is silly. What is this, waypoint?.

I dislike Halo 2 just as much as I dislike Halo 3. I honestly think that they're both really horrible games when viewing them from a competitive merit standpoint.

That being said what I dislike even more is searching the team slayer playlist and getting SMG starts in Halo 2, AR starts in Halo 3, and Longest/Wizard in Halo 1. What people really need to do is set their biases aside and objectively vote for the best option available when searching cross game playlists like team slayer.

Unfortunately people are too stubborn to do that, they rather vote for their favorite Halo game regardless if it's SMG/AR starts or on a horrible map. This is why cross game playlists will never be able to properly work in the MCC. Everybody has their own personal preference of Halo games that they like to play and nobody likes being forced to play a game that they don't like. Cross game playlists in the MCC should of never been a thing to begin with, such a horrible decision on 343's part to implement them into the game.

@@stunt_man is right, this game desperately needs a custom game browser so players can conveniently play what they prefer without having to deal with annoying issues such as cross game playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't even think it's the cross-game playlist that are the problem as much as the number of complete dog shit game-types they feature, which will get up-voted solely, it seems, for being H3 (and to a lesser extent H2). H3 is absolutely my least favorite game in the original trilogy for a variety of reasons, but I can enjoy it well enough as long as the idiots I match aren't voting for AR starts, which shouldn't be an option to begin with. Let's see... SMG Starts H2, AR starts H3, or AR/Magnum CE on Chillout. Of course the H3 game type wins, causing my game to mysteriously crash to the desktop.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He's speaking in generalities dude. Most people aren't like us. They will vote for the game they like the most even if it's a bad map. That's why halo 3 wins every time because it was the most popular one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't even think it's the cross-game playlist that are the problem as much as the number of complete dog shit game-types they feature, which will get up-voted solely, it seems, for being H3 (and to a lesser extent H2). H3 is absolutely my least favorite game in the original trilogy for a variety of reasons, but I can enjoy it well enough as long as the idiots I match aren't voting for AR starts, which shouldn't be an option to begin with. Let's see... SMG Starts H2, AR starts H3, or AR/Magnum CE on Chillout. Of course the H3 game type wins, causing my game to mysteriously crash to the desktop.

Don't get me wrong horrible game type selection and horrible map selection are definitely big issues but I feel like cross-game playlists are an even bigger issue. To put some things into perspective a majority of the people on my friends list are H1 players and whenever I search the team slayer playlist with them and we get H2 or H3 they will usually quit out of the game regardless if it's BR starts or not.

The quality of the settings used in H2 and H3 are irrelevant to my H1 friends because they can't tolerate those games in any of their forms. Typically H1 players don't like playing H2 and H3, typically H2 players don't like playing H1 and H3, and typically H3 players don't like playing H2 and H1. As a community we should embrace our differences and come together to demand for 343 to remove the cross-game playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally I'd enjoy the cross game playlists if there wasn't a vote option, also if people weren't childish arseholes that betray and QTB if they don't get the Halo they want.  I don't mind playing all 3-4 games, the thought of being able to play all the Halo's together was what I wanted from MCC, not just a H3 simulator. 

I'd love to sit down for a couple hours and go from dammy to lockout to guardian and back again.  Although thanks to people (people are always the problem) this will never happen.  I don't want to play H3 citadel all day long with the occasional game of high ground to really mix it up.  

The problem is people won't learn a game behind.  If they started with H2 they won't play CE, if they started with H3 they won't learn CE or H2.   If they started with H4, then god help them.

The playlist won't work with voting because people. Either remove voting or remove the playlists and improve the individual lists for each game.

For example in H3, I never played citadel anywhere near as much on ori H3 as I have on MCC.    I don't even think I've played 5 games on construct since it launched, the map just never appears, it's always orbital, citadel, ghost town or blackout.  It's as if they give precedence to the DLC maps for the games because some people may not have played them in their original forms. 

I dislike Halo 2 just as much as I dislike Halo 3. I honestly think that they're both really horrible games when viewing them from a competitive merit standpoint.

Jim-Halpert-Looks-at-Computer-Shakes-Hea

Jim-Halpert-Looks-at-Computer-Shakes-Hea

Are you mad that I dislike your favorite Halo games and think that they're both horrible games when viewing them from a competitive merit standpoint? Keep in mind that I only enjoy playing Halo 1 so what do you expect me to say? I'm not going to sugar coat what I truly think about Halo 2 and Halo 3 just so I don't upset some people.

Anyways the whole point of me saying that was to provide people context behind what type of biases I have towards certain Halo games so that my next statement would have a bigger impact.

What people really need to do is set their biases aside and objectively vote for the best option available when searching cross game playlists like team slayer.

I really don't think that's possible, not enough people playing the game so only the hardcore are playing H2 and they're not willing to teach. At least for the majority I think.

Ya, I think a lot of people would be willing to learn HCE/h2 if it wasn't so hard to get in to now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of CE people talk shit on here about Halo 3 and people that like Halo 3, but not everyone thinks CE is the best. I'm not afraid to admit that Halo 3 is my favorite and in my opinion the best. I mainly play Big Team because I like the epic nature of the game type. Bigger maps, BR start every game, heavy weapons, vehicles, more players, more strats that can be played out, more 1v1 confrontations. Halo 3 BTB has always hit that sweet spot for me in terms of balance, competitiveness, and fun. When I was playing MCC BTB, I would always dashboard CE BTB because I found it to be so boring and clunky. In my opinion, CE's physics, graphics, sounds, and game play seem extremely outdated, like a mid 90's virtual reality prototype. The vehicles are God awful and the maps are way, way too big for BTB. For me, nothing tops BR start Halo 3. I can understand people's frustration with the AR start games, but don't take it out on Halo 3 or those who enjoy Halo 3. It's not H3 player's fault that MCC is terrible. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of CE people talk shit on here about Halo 3 and people that like Halo 3, but not everyone thinks CE is the best. I'm not afraid to admit that Halo 3 is my favorite and in my opinion the best. I mainly play Big Team because I like the epic nature of the game type. Bigger maps, BR start every game, heavy weapons, vehicles, more players, more strats that can be played out, more 1v1 confrontations. Halo 3 BTB has always hit that sweet spot for me in terms of balance, competitiveness, and fun. When I was playing MCC BTB, I would always dashboard CE BTB because I found it to be so boring and clunky. In my opinion, CE's physics, graphics, sounds, and game play seem extremely outdated, like a mid 90's virtual reality prototype. The vehicles are God awful and the maps are way, way too big for BTB. For me, nothing tops BR start Halo 3. I can understand people's frustration with the AR start games, but don't take it out on Halo 3 or those who enjoy Halo 3. It's not H3 player's fault that MCC is terrible. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Get ready for the downvote brigade.

Are you mad that I dislike your favorite Halo games and think that they're both horrible games when viewing them from a competitive merit standpoint? Keep in mind that I only enjoy playing Halo 1 so what do you expect me to say? I'm not going to sugar coat what I truly think about Halo 2 and Halo 3 just so I don't upset some people.

Anyways the whole point of me saying that was to provide people context behind what type of biases I have towards certain Halo games so that my next statement would have a bigger impact.

You can feel whatever way you want about any Halo game you want. 

I just vehemently disagree

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trump train has no brakes.

Hell if he owned 343 he would make Halo great again, fix MCC, and fire the crew responsible for what came out two years ago.

If trump owned 343, there wouldn't be any new halo games because he would bankrupt the company (which actually might be better than releasing nothing but crap since 2007).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For me, nothing tops BR start Halo 3.

You are entitled to your opinion that Halo 3 is the most fun game for you to play, BTB is your favorite gametype, etc... That's totally cool.

However, it is an objective fact that Halo CE has a deeper meta, greater skill gap, steeper learning curve, and more competitive merit than halo 3. This is not debatable.

It is also fact that halo CE beats every game in the franchise in all of these areas, and halo 3 is among the worst in these areas. These are non-debatable facts.

There's no problem with halo 3 being your favorite in the series because you find it to be the most fun. Respect the facts though. Understand why it's frustrating to see people misrepresent the facts (especially when so many of those people are pros- influential people that are supposed to speak for us/the 'competitive community').

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A lot of CE people talk shit on here about Halo 3 and people that like Halo 3, but not everyone thinks CE is the best. I'm not afraid to admit that Halo 3 is my favorite and in my opinion the best. I mainly play Big Team because I like the epic nature of the game type. Bigger maps, BR start every game, heavy weapons, vehicles, more players, more strats that can be played out, more 1v1 confrontations. Halo 3 BTB has always hit that sweet spot for me in terms of balance, competitiveness, and fun. When I was playing MCC BTB, I would always dashboard CE BTB because I found it to be so boring and clunky. In my opinion, CE's physics, graphics, sounds, and game play seem extremely outdated, like a mid 90's virtual reality prototype. The vehicles are God awful and the maps are way, way too big for BTB. For me, nothing tops BR start Halo 3. I can understand people's frustration with the AR start games, but don't take it out on Halo 3 or those who enjoy Halo 3. It's not H3 player's fault that MCC is terrible. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Imagine thinking the h3 BR is anything but a useless piece of shit compared to the CE pistol?

And is this a case of someone basing their opinion of CE on MCC again? Lol. Protip the gameplay and physics are barely different from halo 3 at its core (except the vehicle collision physics which everyone I've played with finds more fun because of how whacky they are; remember hog launching was a HUGE thing in the community that died with halo 2), and if you think the graphics and animations and sounds are comparable to 90s games then I suggest you play some games from the late 90s like Half-life, thief, deus ex, goldeneye, perfect dark, system shock etc to see how unbelievably wrong you are. Halo 1 was a huge leap forward and was critically acknowledged for this.

• Upvote (+1) 1