CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Colombians like Kaiser RamiRz, Raipoot, TGFLordKYO, Cristianortiz24..... some of the worst players I've seen yet high ranking because they pull host 95% of the time LOL.

Dont forget redargoeps or Nemo....have to back out to keep my sanity lmao.

Colombians like Kaiser RamiRz, Raipoot, TGFLordKYO, Cristianortiz24..... some of the worst players I've seen yet high ranking because they pull host 95% of the time LOL.

LMAO Kaiser was one I matched twice and raged. I sent him a message and he claims the lag is really bad for him too. But I have no idea how he can reach rank 50....hes nowhere near the most skilled I've played in terms of awareness and map movement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO Kaiser was one I matched twice and raged. I sent him a message and he claims the lag is really bad for him too. But I have no idea how he can reach rank 50....hes nowhere near the most skilled I've played in terms of awareness and map movement.

Lol it's definitely not bad for him. These guys can 3 shot me no problem if I let them.  That's why they are level 50, yet have no clue how to control a map.  Ever since I got rid of my 900mb connection and down graded to 50, my shots actually register unlike before.  Still takes 10 head shots to down these Colombians and it's annoying because games take longer than they would in LAN, and these guys are thinking they are good because they are scoring 30 points.  

I just beat Threed Lil Pigs and IMnotGarbage who take 10 shots to bring them down with some random partner on my team named VividJoey215221 that died 20 times, but the damn game took too long.

There's no reason why we shouldn't be playing only North American players.  If it takes Columbians 30 minutes to find a game because of their low population that plays, so be it.  Let them have their lag fest, let people in REU match up with players in REU, etc.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be honest, they aren't bad players. They hit some pretty amazing shots and they do it consistently. They dont have the best Halo 1 knowledge when it comes to spawns and what not, but they have a solid base, IMO. They would be pretty good if they got their full game together.

With that being said, their connections do give them extreme advantages. I don't know if it's correct or not, but I remember someone saying that the Halo 1 PC version was designed with dial up in mind. High ping players are given more magnetism and auto aim to compensate for their bad connections so it's playable for them. Don't know if it's true or not.

When xbox live first came out, I vividly remember the "broadband required" limits plastered all over xbox games as I was a dial up guy throughout high school. I like living in the backwoods, but the internet has always been an issue. We can see the stars at night, but our internet options have always been scarce lol.

Thankfully I finally got broadband. Why was the "no dial up" limitations a thing when almost half the US population was still on dial up, but there isn't a "no 100+ ping" limitation when that's a minority now a days? I had to play Halo at a friends all throughout high school so I didn't fuck up other people's experience. Now Colombians and people with bad connections get to run rampant.

MCC heavily favors players with bad connections, PC doesn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kaiser and Raipoot are two of the biggest pussies to play h1 mcc. Not only do they get carried a lot by that Colombian shit, but when they match ppl that know how to play the game they vote for obj or wizard, every time. Colombian connection + obj = pure fuckery.

LordKYO does the account glitch to make himself lag, as if being Colombian isn't enough.

Halo 1 mcc is the Wild West. Shit is Brazy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of objective vetoing.

There's no reason why we shouldn't be playing only North American players. If it takes Columbians 30 minutes to find a game because of their low population that plays, so be it. Let them have their lag fest, let people in REU match up with players in REU, etc.

The amount of time I've said this in my head while playing or on stream might be over a million now. The game benefits foreigners and players with terrible connections way too much. A game where you can kill someone in 3 shots at that. It's easy mode halo 1 for a good amount of ppl left while players with good internet and knowledge of the game are in straight struggle mode against certain players. Ive never played a halo game or a shooter online where I have no clue what my bullets will do next off every spawn. It's that's crazy and I have a 60 down 30 up connection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've posted this on r/halo and r/halocompetitive and someone pointed me here and said I should post. So here I am. I'm hosting a 2v2 tournament this weekend on MCC halo 3 with a $100 cash prize. This is my original thread https://m.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHalo/comments/4u55mt/2v2_halo_3_tournament_with_a_100_1st_place_prize/

I will also copy and paste it here.

Halo Reddit post

I would like to breath some fresh life into the competitive halo community so I'd like to start by hosting a FREE competitive 2v2 tournament for halo 3 using mlg settings with a $100 cash prize for the winning team. If we can get a good turn out I roll continue to host these tournaments. I would have the kills set to 30 instead of 25. Maps would be heretic, pit, guardian, narrows, and amplified, and depending on how the participants feel also multi flag on heretic, onslaught and pit.

I think this would be great fun for everybody involved and would be a good way to get the community back together and participating in something we all love.

To get an idea of who would be interested in partaking in this tournament please post in this thread acknowledging your interest with your gamertag and your partner if you have one already. I will start organizing things and hope to host this in the next 2 weeks or sooner hopefully.

So if you're interested in a free 2v2 tournament with a $100 prize post in here!

****EDIT_UPDATE*^***^

If you are interested in participating post your gamertag as well as your partner and also direct message me or I will do my best to DM you. This will make it easiest for me to organize the tournament and gauge how many people are competing.

Right now the format will be best of 5 series, mlg settings with the score set to 30, a mix of slayer and multi flag games types. Maps will be Slayer: Pit, narrows, guardian, amplified, and heretic (and mlg blackout if I can find it). Flag will be multi flag on Heretic and Pit. these settings are subject to change depending on feedback from the competitors.

****** nice ******

***** Edit 2 **^^^

***** Teams competing ****

Team 1: Me & The Shaw Show 2

Team 2: Eamonn & SiLLverShoT

Team 3: Tac tics & i xmond i

Team 4: UI Fir3 & Hawkeye BF

Others are pending as well!

If I made a typo or mistake on the teams please correct me!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kaiser and Raipoot are two of the biggest pussies to play h1 mcc. Not only do they get carried a lot by that Colombian shit, but when they match ppl that know how to play the game they vote for obj, every time. Colombian connection + obj = pure fuckery.

LordKYO does the account glitch to make himself lag, as if being Colombian isn't enough.

Halo 1 mcc is the Wild West. Shit is Brazy.

Yes, I noticed that they love to play objective and maps that have no RL or sniper so that they can rely on their shit Colombian connection to save them.  They are all trash at this game.

Account glitch? 

There is also Captn Ownage, a rank 44 who tells me he is in Ohio like me and has 50 down and 10 up, yet every time I play him shots don't register on him for shit and he swears he is doing nothing on his end.  It's happened in multiple games with others playing, so I know it's something on his end.

The best is when you tell some over seas novice to stop wasting your time with their shit lag and they come back and say that you were lagging as well, when you obviously weren't since they are able to 3 shot you with ease behind walls on hh....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank god MCC has dedicated servers so host advantages don't exist amirite guys?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What frustrates me is when I'm playing a decent player who is across the country/world and they're streaming and they vote HeH. I might as well be using the Plasma Pistol at that point.

I'm still having more fun on HCE MCC than I do any other Halo game though. :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can you track stats on Halo MCC? 

Like custom game history, scores, etc? 

Don't think so. The extent of it was seeing whether you won or not.

Yeah I think the most you can see is like the last 10 games you played, and you were able to see your stats and your stats only. After those 10 games, you can't view them anymore.

Wasn't there some "Stay tuned!" sneak from Dan Ayoub or some shit a couple weeks ago about MCC?  Anything happen with that?

Wasn't there some "Stay tuned!" sneak from Dan Ayoub or some shit a couple weeks ago about MCC?  Anything happen with that?

They changed the order of the playlists and expanded ranked search parameters from 1-50 to 1-50.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wasn't there some "Stay tuned!" sneak from Dan Ayoub or some shit a couple weeks ago about MCC? Anything happen with that?

A few days later 343 assorted the MCC playlists by population and added Halo 3 grifball. Thats it.

Amazing huh?

• Upvote (+1) 3

They changed the order of the playlists and expanded ranked search parameters from 1-50 to 1-50.  

A few days later 343 assorted the MCC playlists by population and added Halo 3 grifball. Thats it.

Amazing huh?

WTF.  What a load of horseshit.  Dont tweet out "Stay Tuned ::winky face::" if you are just going to update the playlists like you should be doing on a regular basis anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

WTF.  What a load of horseshit.  Dont tweet out "Stay Tuned ::winky face::" if you are just going to update the playlists like you should be doing on a regular basis anyway.

I mean, it was Dan Ayoub.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you track stats on Halo MCC? 

Like custom game history, scores, etc? 

It was promised to us at e3 but we all know how dan ayoub's other promises turned out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was promised to us at e3 but we all know how dan ayoub's other promises turned out. 

This is such a bummer. We really want to host some classic tournaments on Beyond but if we arent able to verify scores it is going to be almost impossible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is such a bummer. We really want to host some classic tournaments on Beyond but if we arent able to verify scores it is going to be almost impossible. 

You could always have people just record the end-game screens on their Xbox.

You could always have people just record the end-game screens on their Xbox.

And if they dont?

And if they dont?

Then their score doesn't count if the other team challenges it. Winning team is responsible for at least taking a screenshot of their results.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Then their score doesn't count if the other team challenges it. Winning team is responsible for at least taking a screenshot of their results.

And if neither team records / takes a screenshot? 

The more steps required for people to do, the higher likelihood is that they wont do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1